Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Attached is my first shot at a dialer for compatibility with Google Voice. It handles the dialing of your Google Voice number and then dialing the number of the contact that you select so that your outgoing calls all appear to come from your Google Voice number.

Please respond with feedback.

Version 0.1
    --Dials any of your contacts through your Google Voice number
    --REQUIRES that your Google Voice number is setup to accept calls from your Palm Pre and not prompt for password.

Version 0.1.1
    --Configurable delay after dialing from 1 to 3 seconds
    --Configurable PIN
    --No longer requires your Google Voice Account to be setup to not use a PIN
    --Added in BSD license file to distribution

Version 0.1.2
    --Fixed the international dialing issue so that you should be able to dial international numbers now using Google Voice

Version 0.1.3
    --Fixed the bug in 0.1.2 with US numbers with a +1 in front
    --Converted the PIN field to a password field to mask the PIN entry

Source code available at gdial - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by flpalm; 07/29/2009 at 08:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    You have any screenshots?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    You have any screenshots?
    Sorry about that, I attached them now.
    Are you able to access contacts that are stored in the Contacts app?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Are you able to access contacts that are stored in the Contacts app?
    Yep, it only uses the contacts from the contacts app. In the screenshot I only show the contacts from the palm profile, but it also works with my synced contacts from google as well.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    You are a Savior my man a pure Savior, cant way to get home and install it. What about
    -notification
    -call log
    -ability to text (without the 406#)
    This is a fantastic development. Now all we need is texting!
    I've got it working perfectly...thank you so much for this and I'll keep you posted with any bugs I find. Wish I could help develop but I just don't know where to start...any help is appreciated!
    I have tried it and it is not working... basically, when you put a number in to call... it calls, but it goes straight to your voicemail, as your phone is setup to receive calls from your gvoice number... so, then you have to put in a pin, I don't see where you can remove that option... so, I believe, maybe you can configure in the program to enter in your pin, that would solve the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by tayhimself View Post
    I've got it working perfectly...thank you so much for this and I'll keep you posted with any bugs I find. Wish I could help develop but I just don't know where to start...any help is appreciated!
    How did you get it working, cause it doesn't work for me
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cybrspidey View Post
    I have tried it and it is not working... basically, when you put a number in to call... it calls, but it goes straight to your voicemail, as your phone is setup to receive calls from your gvoice number... so, then you have to put in a pin, I don't see where you can remove that option... so, I believe, maybe you can configure in the program to enter in your pin, that would solve the issue.
    You have to set your Pre's number to not require a PIN when it calls the Google Voice number. The setting is at Settings->Phones->Edit->Show Advanced Settings and you can turn off the PIN requirement there.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    You have to set your Pre's number to not require a PIN when it calls the Google Voice number. The setting is at Settings->Phones->Edit->Show Advanced Settings and you can turn off the PIN requirement there.
    Thanks! Also, for those of you, for security reasons, who DO NOT want to disable your pin... it is as simple as when you set up your gVoice number in gDial, you have to type the following... please understand this is a fake number I am using, so here it goes:

9852466532tt1252t

So, first, enter your gVoice phone #, then enter in TWO "t's", then follow it with your four digit pin, then another "t"

This will allow the gDial program to enter your pin, select 2 to make a call, and then the number...so, it works great and you don't have to disable your pin for obvious security reasons!!

Hope this helps someone!

cybrspidey
    If this working, get it posted in the Homebrew section. Beta testers, galor!
    I installed it before I read the post about adding the pin. How can you go back and change the number?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I installed it before I read the post about adding the pin. How can you go back and change the number?
    In the app menu, select preferences and it will let you change it.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I'm still waiting for google voice invite.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    very very nice simple app... if we can improve on this... it can be really integrated into the phone's system - i think so far texting is not a concern as you can reply to txts from GV number very easily through the default txting app on the phone...

the next step i think would be to implement a "call back" feature - if you get a missed call from someone, you may call back from ur native number or GV number - this would be ideal!
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    you have to log in into your google voice account, and do the following
    -go to settings
    -go to phones
    -go to edit
    -go to show advanced settlings
    -and then under voicemail access select yes and then pin not required
    -that way would allow you to dial out without your phone going into voicemail
    Thanks this works well. Is there anyway to automate it so you don't have to press the connect button?

My work around is (Googlevoice numbertPIn)
    8175551212t1231

Did several test calls it works fine with this as your Gdial number. Just wish it was totally automated.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast