Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 108
  1. #81  
    Thanks Man Ill give it a shot.
  2. #82  
    Why are all my contacts invalid when I choose one through gdial?
  3.    #83  
    Do they have phone numbers associated with them?
  4. #84  
    Yes they are all from my google contacts account and they all have phone numbers.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by thepinksock View Post
    Yes they are all from my google contacts account and they all have phone numbers.
    I use google contacts as well and it is not replicating on my device. Maybe delete Gdial from your phone and then reinstall and do a reboot to see if that makes it work for you.

    Is there anything else unique about the contacts or their phone numbers? Are they standard xxx-xxx-xxxx numbers? Anything you can think of that might be different would be helpful so I can troubleshoot it and get a fix for you.
  6. #86  
    I already tried the uninstall-reboot-re-install-reboot again, no help. I even tried each release 0.1.0, 0.1.1, 0.1.2, 0.1.3 one at a time starting with the first iteration and updating to the latest in sequence. I've been using the contacts for weeks now by selecting one and choosing whatever number is associated with it and the dialer app pops up and dials. All my numbers are standard xxx-xxx-xxxx.
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by thepinksock View Post
    I already tried the uninstall-reboot-re-install-reboot again, no help. I even tried each release 0.1.0, 0.1.1, 0.1.2, 0.1.3 one at a time starting with the first iteration and updating to the latest in sequence. I've been using the contacts for weeks now by selecting one and choosing whatever number is associated with it and the dialer app pops up and dials. All my numbers are standard xxx-xxx-xxxx.
    Are you saying none of the versions of Gdial work for you or just that the latest 0.1.3 doesn't work now?
  8. #88  
    Correct, none of the versions will work, any contact that is chosen is invalid.
  9. #89  
    That's strange - 'cos this latest version works for me. I have all my contacts with + and then the country code. It pumps my phone with my GV number, a pause, my PIN, pause, 2 (to make a call), pause and then the number (including the 1) and is fantastic.

    All my contacts are up in Google Contacts and regularly synced with no problems...
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Are you saying none of the versions of Gdial work for you or just that the latest 0.1.3 doesn't work now?
    Also, Fpalm, the second screenshot from your original post shows a banner "gdial" and then the button "Dial". My phone does not show the word "Dial" on the button. The button is there and functions but there is no label on it (Dial)??
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by thepinksock View Post
    Also, Fpalm, the second screenshot from your original post shows a banner "gdial" and then the button "Dial". My phone does not show the word "Dial" on the button. The button is there and functions but there is no label on it (Dial)??
    Okay, I think I know what it is. Have you updated to WebOS 1.1? The software only runs on 1.1 and later. You can go in on your Pre and check for software updates to get it.
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Okay, I think I know what it is. Have you updated to WebOS 1.1? The software only runs on 1.1 and later. You can go in on your Pre and check for software updates to get it.
    Funny you ask, I tried to check for updates yesterday and it timed out and I never checked back. I see the update now and will install it, stand by it's taking awhile to get 87MB.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Okay, I think I know what it is. Have you updated to WebOS 1.1? The software only runs on 1.1 and later. You can go in on your Pre and check for software updates to get it.
    That was it, works great, much appreciated.

    The update was also nice enough to make the nascar icon visable again. I guess it's time to remove it completely Although another update will most likely just re-install it
  14. #94  
    Thread title updated to:
    Gdial --Google Voice Dialer v0.1.3 [was v0.1.2] (7/29)

    Nice job!

    - Craig
  15. #95  
    This looks like a GREAT app and I canít wait to try it out, but I just wanted to point out that it would not behoove anyone to use this app to call anyone else thatís on the Sprint network, especially if itís someone on your family plan since youíll be burning minutes for both lines that you would not be burning otherwise. Since Google Voice is initiating the call, it would be considered an off network call. If you were to just call from your cell phone and not use the app, no minutes are burned for either line. Just something to keep in mind. Itís my understanding of how things work, but feel free to correct me if Iím wrong.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by thepinksock View Post
    That was it, works great, much appreciated.

    The update was also nice enough to make the nascar icon visable again. I guess it's time to remove it completely Although another update will most likely just re-install it
    Yes, future updates will probably reinstall the Nascar and NFL apps. I had Nascar completely removed, and 1.1 readded it. Only took 30 seconds to ipkg remove it.
  17. bgc42169's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    #97  
    Just a suggestion, add a button to launch www.google.com/voice/m
  18. darmood's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #98  
    Great job works perfectly thanks!!!! was wondering any way to dial a number that is not in your contacts.... that would be great!!
  19. bgc42169's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    #99  
    Only issue now is when you want to stream the voice mail on www.google.com/voice/m, the Pre can not understand the format, gives an error. They are using adobe Flash for the voicemail recordings.

    Nothing to do with you app, just thought i make this information available to everyone.
  20. #100  
    very nice
    MatterOfFactJack
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions