Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    It is using your Sprint minutes both ways. The free call message is a message from Google Voice since they are not charging, but you will be using up your Sprint minutes.
    So in the future, will there be any way to use GV on a device w/o using minutes? I.E. if the device had Wi-Fi and some type of GV app that was VoIP enabled. B/c I think all these wireless providers should just turn into bandwidth providers...
    Quote Originally Posted by tayhimself View Post
    So in the future, will there be any way to use GV on a device w/o using minutes? I.E. if the device had Wi-Fi and some type of GV app that was VoIP enabled. B/c I think all these wireless providers should just turn into bandwidth providers...
    I got Pick 5 added to my lines (very easy; do a search), and added my GV number as one of them. I have the caller ID present my GV number, so whenever somebody calls me or when I call somebody, it's considered a Mobile-2-Home call (Pick 5). The downside is that you won't get a visual caller ID of the person who is calling. You can still get an audible caller ID though, if you select this setting.
    Damn. I'm at work and would like to try this. I thought it would be an eternity before there was a GV app for the Pre.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Damn. I'm at work and would like to try this. I thought it would be an eternity before there was a GV app for the Pre.
    no sympathy, well maybe a little (you'll live until you get home). most of us who want to try this don't even have a Google Voice account yet.
    Anyone have a google voice invite?? If soo please hook me up! Lol or do you have to be invited by google?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    There are no invites... go to google.com/voice and request an invite. They've been going through people who had previously requested them. I'd requested mine in may or june 08, and got my invite a few weeks ago.
    Just installed this via fileCoaster and dialed my work number.
    It worked just fine!
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Thanks.I was waiting for a googlevoice app
    Quote Originally Posted by tayhimself View Post
    Google Voice includes integration with GizmoProject VOIP. Once they (gizmo) or someone gets that app to work on the pre then we will be able to call without using minutes. Voice over EVDO would be awesome, indeed.
    Not sure if this is a bug...

All my contacts have their country code ( +1 for the US, +44 for UK ) and the call drops if GDial sends those codes.

Also,
    How can I un-install GDial when the next version comes along? Holding the orange button and touching the GDial icon doesn't work...
    Anyone know which one is better? Gdial or DKGooglevoice?
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Labs View Post

All my contacts have their country code ( +1 for the US, +44 for UK ) and the call drops if GDial sends those codes.

Also,
    How can I un-install GDial when the next version comes along? Holding the orange button and touching the GDial icon doesn't work...
    I will look into the international issue you are having on the program. Have you used Google Voice internationally before and if so do you just not dial the plus but still dial the country code when you need it to make the call for you?

On removing the program, I just tested again and orange button+click worked for me to uninstall.
    Seeing that DKGooglevoice is not out yet, the only person who could possibly know is the author of DKGooglevoice sense he/she can run their own creation.

If a DKGooglevoice trial app were released then we could all test it out.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    International Calling:
    I don't use GV for international dialling but my contacts all have that so they sync and I access them from home. So, in a nutshell, I need the +1 added. However, if I highlight a contact with +1 and dial using Sprint no problems.

I jumped out of Developer mode and was able to delete it...

Thanks - got the making of a great app here...
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    nice app for what is available right now, tested and works pretty well, idk if it uses minutes or what but the google lady says "this is a free call"
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    great app. I just downloaded it & made my first call. It worked like a charm.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    DKGooglevoice will be better you will have the ability to text, call, view call logs all within the app.

Also,
    MAke sure your out of Developer mode first. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    DKGooglevoice will be better you will have the ability to text, call, view call logs all within the app.
    So untill then we will have to use this smaller app and the mobil site:
    www.google.com/voice/m
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  20.    #60  

Also,
    Your international dial issue should be fixed in the latest version. Please let me know if it is not.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast