Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    xxx-xxx-xxxxt2 (having tt2txxx-xxx-xxxx) it takes too long to dial

I have my phone set up to dial my google voice number then t for the pause then 2123-123-1234

123-123-1234t2123-123-1234 its much faster
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    you have to log in into your google voice account, and do the following
    -go to settings
    -go to phones
    -go to edit
    -go to show advanced settlings
    -and then under voicemail access select yes and then pin not required
    -that way would allow you to dial out without your phone going into voicemail
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    My work around is (Googlevoice numbertPIn)
    8175551212t1231

Did several test calls it works fine with this as your Gdial number. Just wish it was totally automated.
    As I posted above... You DO NOT have to cancel your PIN... Below is the work around:

"Also, for those of you, for security reasons, who DO NOT want to disable your pin... it is as simple as when you set up your gVoice number in gDial, you have to type the following... please understand this is a fake number I am using, so here it goes:

9852466532tt1252t

1. So... click on preferences in the app.
    2. Put in YOUR gVoice #
    3. Put in TWO "t's" after your gVoice #
    4. Put in your 4 digit PIN
    5. Put ONE "t" in after your PIN
    6. Save

Now, you can use the program while keeping your PIN in tact!

cybrspidey
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    xxx-xxx-xxxxt2 (having tt2txxx-xxx-xxxx) it takes too long to dial

I have my phone set up to dial my google voice number then t for the pause then 2123-123-1234

123-123-1234t2123-123-1234 its much faster
    I actually had it coded with 1 t for a delay in there initially, but for some reason the calls into Google Voice didn't always work with such a short delay. That was why I added in the second delay. I will probably make that an option as well as the PIN in the next version.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Nice... Veery nice!!!!

Yeah, the 1 t delay worked when I dial straight up from the dial pad. I wish there was a way to not even hear it until the call actually connected. I hate hearing the numbers being dialed when it's dialing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Attached is my first shot at a dialer for compatibility with Google Voice. It handles the dialing of your Google Voice number and then dialing the number of the contact that you select so that your outgoing calls all appear to come from your Google Voice number.

Please respond with feedback.

Version 0.1
    --Dials any of your contacts through your Google Voice number
    --REQUIRES that your Google Voice number is setup to accept calls from your Palm Pre and not prompt for password.
    license info?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Opal Coba View Post
    license info?
    I will include the license file in the next point release. It is being released under a BSD style license so anyone can freely use the source code.
    Works perfectly than thank you. I hope to see more dev on this app like a full blown GoogleVoice app! Thank you!
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Great work on this. Simple, to the point, and makes gvoice reasonably usable on our Pres! Thanks for your work.
    This should def be in the Homebrew Apps section. It's worthy.
    This is a great simple program.

I haven't coded in years, but I would like to help you out. Do you plan on making this open source?

Tim
    Last edited by bigredgpk; 07/26/2009 at 02:40 PM.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Released into Homebrew forums.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I think I love you!
    I've been waiting for this impatiently!
    Am going to download this instant.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    This is a great simple program.

I haven't coded in years, but I would like to help you out. Do you plan on making this open source?

Tim
    All source code is released under a BSD license in the package, but I don't have any formal plans for setting up a public repository right now. Wouldn't be too hard I guess. Just need to find a place with free mercurial hosting as that is my preferred source control product.
    One thing I am not totally clear on is whether these calls use my sprint minutes or not. When I use Gdial to dial out the google lady tells me "this is a free call" so am I using minutes or data? Also wondering the same thing about incoming calls to my GV#. May be a pretty obvious and easy answer but I'm wondering nonetheless.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by tayhimself View Post
    One thing I am not totally clear on is whether these calls use my sprint minutes or not. When I use Gdial to dial out the google lady tells me "this is a free call" so am I using minutes or data? Also wondering the same thing about incoming calls to my GV#. May be a pretty obvious and easy answer but I'm wondering nonetheless.
    It is using your Sprint minutes both ways. The free call message is a message from Google Voice since they are not charging, but you will be using up your Sprint minutes.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    This looks great. I'd love to try it. Does anyone have any extra google voice invites they can send me?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    This is simply great! Thanks!

I'm not sure exactly how the blackberry GV native app works... but I would imagine that striving to get this little app as close as you can to Google's own should be the goal!
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohadios View Post
    This is simply great! Thanks!

I'm not sure exactly how the blackberry GV native app works... but I would imagine that striving to get this little app as close as you can to Google's own should be the goal!
    I agree, I would love to have this work almost natively to where your outgoing calls would log as the number of the person you were dialing instead of Google Voice. Right now there are significant limitations in WebOS preventing this. I would imagine that it could all be fixed by patching up the OS itself, but I was trying to avoid doing that so that the app can be installed and deleted with ease and behave within what Palm provides for us so far.

I am hoping that in the future they do allow more access into the system as I would like to cause the dialer to dial immediately as opposed to requiring the green phone push, but that is another limitation that is set on apps for now.

I have placed the source code up on Google Code at gdial - Project Hosting on Google Code if anyone is interested in contributing to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by crgunn View Post
    This looks great. I'd love to try it. Does anyone have any extra google voice invites they can send me?
    Only Google gives out the invites for Google Voice. If you need a GMail invite (Google Account, which you'll need to sign up for Google Voice), I can send you one. PM me. You can also just sign up for Gmail without an invite.

I still havent gotten this to work even with the 3 as the setting. Do I still need to put the 2 "t's" after my Google number even with the adjustable number value in the v0.1.1?
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I still havent gotten this to work even with the 3 as the setting. Do I still need to put the 2 "t's" after my Google number even with the adjustable number value in the v0.1.1?
    No, with the latest version, just go to the preferences and setup your google voice number, pin if you have it, and I would recommend leaving the delay at 2 until it is working for you.

You no longer need to manually enter any t's or anything with your number, the dialer handles all of that for you.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast