View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 99 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
  1. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I bought DrPodder recently and I love it. However, some reason Engadget podcast isn't loading. Can you guys help me how to fix this issue? Thanks.
    When you say "isn't loading", can you provide more detail and we'll see if we can get to the bottom of the problem? Are you getting an error message? Will the podcast download if you click to manually update? What's the URL you entered? What settings did you enter? Etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    When you say "isn't loading", can you provide more detail and we'll see if we can get to the bottom of the problem? Are you getting an error message? Will the podcast download if you click to manually update? What's the URL you entered? What settings did you enter? Etc.
    I am not putting any manual setup for Engadget. This was the default setting which isn't loading. If you open the DrPodder, I see all the picture of those podcast except Engadget, it has ! picture on it. And if I click on Engadget, I have nothing there. If I refreshes it, it takes few second and come back with nothing. If I do the manual setup, what is the URL I should put in? I will try to do the manual setup and see if it works.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I am not putting any manual setup for Engadget. This was the default setting which isn't loading. If you open the DrPodder, I see all the picture of those podcast except Engadget, it has ! picture on it. And if I click on Engadget, I have nothing there. If I refreshes it, it takes few second and come back with nothing. If I do the manual setup, what is the URL I should put in? I will try to do the manual setup and see if it works.
    I believe the url "http://www.engadget.com/rss.xml" should work for you, and when DrPodder adds the podcast, it should automatically add the album art as well. Give that a shot, and see if that works. I'm not sure what you mean by "this was the default setting which isn't loading", but perhaps you meant you tried adding the feed from a podcast directory, and perhaps that podcast directory didn't have the right url? Either way, try adding the feed manually with this url, and we'll see if that doesn't do the trick for you.
    I tried that URL and it said invalid URL. Correct URL or cancel. This is very frustrating.
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I tried that URL and it said invalid URL. Correct URL or cancel. This is very frustrating.
    OK. Try "http://podcasts.engadget.com/rss.xml". I just tried that and it worked. You may need to add the album artwork later on manually, but at least you'll have the podcast.
    Warning!

Some art work comes in as .gif files which cannot be displayed. If that happens, just go to the album artwork folder (within the drpodder folder on the usb partition) and edit the photo (you can just use simple 'paint' program) and save as .jpg.

The go back to the feed and edit it and in the album art, the 3rd box from the top, scroll to the end of the listing in there and just change from .gif to .jpg and the art work should show now. I think you even have to do this on .png files as well but I might be wrong on that but it not, do the same thing.

Rob

UPDATE: Engadget is available from the search podcasts feeds as well, I just verified that because the people over at Webosroundup could not get it either. So I made sure that it could be done. I actually had mistakenly been typing Engadget wrong... I was typing endgaget. So when searching, make sure you don't have typos! LOL!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

still doesn't work . I used URL and I used searched feeds as well. I guess I will just manually download mp3 and listen to it.

BTW, I am having bad luck with Engadget entirely. My Engadget app isn't working either.
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    still doesn't work . I used URL and I used searched feeds as well. I guess I will just manually download mp3 and listen to it.

BTW, I am having bad luck with Engadget entirely. My Engadget app isn't working either.
    You tried "http://podcasts.engadget.com/rss.xml" and it didn't work for you? When you say it didn't work, what exactly happened or didn't happen? And what isn't working with your Engadget app? Both are working fine for me. Could it be a network issue you're having? Is the web browser working for you?
    You tried "http://podcasts.engadget.com/rss.xml" and it didn't work for you? When you say it didn't work, what exactly happened or didn't happen? And what isn't working with your Engadget app? Both are working fine for me. Could it be a network issue you're having? Is the web browser working for you?
    my network works perfectly. yes I tried that URL and it doesn't work, getting same error message. Yes, my Engadget app hasn't been working for awhile. I have no clue how to fix this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    So is there any way of keeping the .db file from becoming so large that it won't load?
    To my knowledge, not at this time. I haven't run into the problem myself, so I'm not all that familiar with it. It has been discussed a few times in this forum though. You might try contacting the owner of whichever feed is causing the problem and just ask them to clean out some of the old content.

I think there are some podcast remixing services out there as well that will generate a new feed based on the feeds you give them. They're primarily intended to combine multiple feeds into a single feed, but I think you can also use some of them to limit the number of episodes in the feed. I don't have a specific one to point you to. Perhaps someone else here can chime in on that.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Figured I should mention something about this here since I'm getting quite a few emails about downloads failing in the past week:

Recently, something has changed with the libsyn downloads. They used to work fine, but now they fail. I had a workaround for a bug in webOS that was causing them to fail, but that workaround no longer works because libsyn changed the way their downloads are handled. The bug in webOS is supposed to be fixed in the next webOS release, which is due out sometime this month (according to rumors). So the best I can suggest is to hang tight until then, and just stream. I'll continue looking into it to see if there is anything I can do.

Re: https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p=26775#p26775

My plan is to wait for the early access beta preview that palm always gives us developers. Should be out within the next two weeks. If it is fixed in there, then I'll just ignore it and the issue will go away with the next webOS update (probably within 2 weeks after the beta preview). However, if it isn't fixed, we'll be at least 6-10 weeks away from the next possible release, so I'll have to implement a workaround.

I don't have a problem taking the time to implement *another* workaround, but I don't want to do it unless absolutely necessary.

Just curious, is this an issue that will randomly pop up.... since your post is from a month+ ago. I just had a podcast that I downloaded yesterday not download this morning. Just wanting to verify that this is the same issue you speak of and not something on my end. This podcast is Adam Carolla.

Also have noticed the issue with "Fitz Dog" but I noticed that closer to the time of your post about the Palm fix.

Thanks!
    my network works perfectly. yes I tried that URL and it doesn't work, getting same error message. Yes, my Engadget app hasn't been working for awhile. I have no clue how to fix this issue.
    Sounds like your routing table is corrupted or the cache is messed up.

First, if you are going over your house wifi, please reboot that (reboot your router if it's separate from your wifi box and also reboot your cable modem or dsl modem), turn it off for 5 minutes to let it flush out (just a quick off and on really won't erase the cache).

Then make sure you reboot your Pre completely, maybe even keep it turned off (probably best to pull the battery) for 5 minutes as well.

See if that doesn't work for you!

I suspect it's a corrupted routing cache, in that area.

Try and see if it doesn't solve your issue.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Since last week I've had a problem downloading the Adam Carolla Podcast. I have been able to download all the other podcasts on the Ace Broadcastign Network, but for some reason the main show won't download. I hit the green download button but after a few seconds the download just stops. It's the same as when I try any Libsyn podcast (Nerdist). The feed I have been using is The Adam Carolla Show . I am able to stream it though. If anyone has any advice please let me know. I did try deleting (swipe) the feed and re-entering it but same problem. Thanks
  14. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theattack View Post
    Since last week I've had a problem downloading the Adam Carolla Podcast. I have been able to download all the other podcasts on the Ace Broadcastign Network, but for some reason the main show won't download. I hit the green download button but after a few seconds the download just stops. It's the same as when I try any Libsyn podcast (Nerdist). The feed I have been using is The Adam Carolla Show . I am able to stream it though. If anyone has any advice please let me know. I did try deleting (swipe) the feed and re-entering it but same problem. Thanks
    This is a known issue that is well documented in various postings throughout this thread if you want to read up on it. For ease of reference, please see drnull's embedded post in the one located two above yours. The issue should be resolved when you receive the next WebOS update (rumored to be tomorrow if you happen to be on the Sprint network).
    Once again, I'm having the problem of hanging on the "Loading Episodes" screen... won't even go as far as "Loading Feed List".

Since the only solution to this I've found is to delete or rename the .db file, does anyone know of an easy way to view a list of the feed URLs, in order to make them easier to re-enter?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I've heard this in the past and people said it was related to having the "spoof headers" patch installed. Do you have that patch installed? The one that makes websites send the appropriate mobile/iphone version to the Pre? If you can't get to that url, even in a web browser, then there's no way that drPodder will be able to get to it either, probably. Most people have no problem with that podcast. Yes, the album art doesn't display, but that's a minor problem that webOS will have to fix later.
    This is a known issue that is well documented in various postings throughout this thread if you want to read up on it. For ease of reference, please see drnull's embedded post in the one located two above yours. The issue should be resolved when you receive the next WebOS update (rumored to be tomorrow if you happen to be on the Sprint network).
    thanks. I wasn't sure if this was the same issue affecting the libsyn especially since other ace network podcasts are dl'ing fine. I guess I'll see when the workaround is ready.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theattack View Post
    thanks. I wasn't sure if this was the same issue affecting the libsyn especially since other ace network podcasts are dl'ing fine. I guess I'll see when the workaround is ready.
    The workaround was only going to be necessary if webOS 1.4.5 didn't fix the issue. But if you notice from the rumored release notes here:
    • Web: Podcasts now download correctly
    So that should fix the downloading issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    The workaround was only going to be necessary if webOS 1.4.5 didn't fix the issue. But if you notice from the rumored release notes here:

So that should fix the downloading issue.
    I'm on a German Pre in Norway and just installed WebOS 1.4.5. It fixed all my drPodder download problems. :-)

The only exception is the NRK feeds that I have complained about before, but as far as I have been able to investigate that is probably caused by IP restrictions at NRK, or something else not directly related to drPodder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navelfluff View Post
    I'm on a German Pre in Norway and just installed WebOS 1.4.5. It fixed all my drPodder download problems. :-)
    Good to hear, was hyped when I saw the fix noted in the thread with the Sprint release notes!