View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

    360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

    89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

    42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

    39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

    54 9.25%
Page 98 of 118 FirstFirst ... 488893949596979899100101102103108 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
  1. swaldman's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #1941  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Maybe the episode isn't technically available at night when the feed updates, so the download attempt is actually trying to download a non-existant file? Hmm, I really don't know. If you leave it un-downloaded overnight, does it auto-download the next day? Even better, if you can tap it, and it starts downloading, cancel it, then see if auto-download over the next night will pick it up?
    If I leave it un-downloaded, it doesn't auto-download the next day.
    Next week, assuming it happens again, I'll try starting it and cancelling it.
    Thanks :-)
  2. #1942  
    Quote Originally Posted by REOScotte View Post
    Weird problem. The podcast below gets to minute 18 out of 41 and then just stops playing as if that's the end of the podcast. If I skip past the trouble spot, it continues playing so it seems to be related to some content at that time stamp. Works fine on my computer, but has failed on my friend's Pre also, so it seems to be related to Dr. Podder. Any ideas?

    http://www.myhistorycanbeatupyourpolitics.com/q12.mp3

    The time varies, so the best way to see this in action is to forward to 17:30 and then listen for about 1 minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    Are you streaming or downloading? is it all episodes of the cast? or just the one you linked?

    Some research for Dr. Null on this one
    Feed address:My History Can Beat Up Your Politics
    Episode linked above is "(re-run) What's Wrong and What's Right with the Electoral College, Palin, Declaring War, etc."

    I am Able to confirm this is true for this episode (both Download and stream) and only on Dr podder (not on PC)
    As far as I know, it has only happened with this episode. Interestingly, it does the same thing on the built-in music player, so its prolly a bug of some sort in WebOS.
  3. #1943  
    Hello Dr. Null. So I subscribe to the Deadpod here, and starting with the podcast for 5/14, I have been unable to download the episodes (worked fine prior to this), although I can stream them just fine. I don't have this issue with any of the other podcasts I am subscribed to. I have sent an error report directly from DrPodder, as well. Don't know if there's anything you can do, but thought you'd like to know.

    Thanks, as always, for one of my most used and favorite apps.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  4. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1944  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Hello Dr. Null. So I subscribe to the Deadpod here, and starting with the podcast for 5/14, I have been unable to download the episodes (worked fine prior to this), although I can stream them just fine. I don't have this issue with any of the other podcasts I am subscribed to. I have sent an error report directly from DrPodder, as well. Don't know if there's anything you can do, but thought you'd like to know.
    Check out: http://forums.precentral.net/2455256-post1864.html for more info on this issue.
  5. #1945  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Check out: http://forums.precentral.net/2455256-post1864.html for more info on this issue.
    Oh, I did read that back when. Oops. Guess when your part-time volunteer job is to read every thread you can squeeze in, stuff falls through the cracks. Thanks for taking the time to answer, when I should have remembered/re-searched the thread.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  6. #1946  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Check out: http://forums.precentral.net/2455256-post1864.html for more info on this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Oh, I did read that back when. Oops. Guess when your part-time volunteer job is to read every thread you can squeeze in, stuff falls through the cracks. Thanks for taking the time to answer, when I should have remembered/re-searched the thread.
    Okay, I should have posted my workaround awhile ago. When that began happening, I went into the "Show advanced" option in Podcast.com and clicked add to Google. I paste the address that shows up in google to an e-mail or text and send it to myself then copy the feed in drPodder or simply enter the address in url feed for drPodder. It sounds more complicated than it is, because it's just a couple of clicks extra clicks.
  7. #1947  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Okay, I should have posted my workaround awhile ago. When that began happening, I went into the "Show advanced" option in Podcast.com and clicked add to Google. I paste the address that shows up in google to an e-mail or text and send it to myself then copy the feed in drPodder or simply enter the address in url feed for drPodder. It sounds more complicated than it is, because it's just a couple of clicks extra clicks.
    This sounds like a great idea, but when I tried it, I only came up with Add to Google and Google Reader - StarDate (for example), and drPoddeer didn't like either of those.
  8. #1948  
    Quote Originally Posted by ximinez View Post
    This sounds like a great idea, but when I tried it, I only came up with Add to Google and Google Reader - StarDate (for example), and drPoddeer didn't like either of those.
    You don't bother to add it to either one. You simply highlight the feed that shows up on the Google page that tells you to add it. In the case of Deadpod, when I clicked add to Google, this shows up on the Google page "The Deadpod a weekly hour of the best live Grateful Dead music http://deadshow.libsyn.com/rss" I past the rss feed into drPodder and it works.
  9. #1949  
    I began experiencing the problem of hanging at the "Loading Episodes" screen 2 days ago. I followed the steps to e-mail the .db file to Jamie, but as of yet have not heard anything back.

    Does anyone know of a way to get drPodder to launch properly in the meantime, in case Jamie is delayed getting to his e-mail? I probably can re-create my feeds on my own with a little bit of effort. What would happen if I just deleted the .db file?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  10. #1950  
    One workaround that has worker pretty consistently for me is to reboot and try again a few times until it works. It seems that if there is a lot of free memory and nothing competing for resources, it can usually finish loading before the lockup happens. There may also be some caching going on, which is why I give it a few tries.

    BTW, a preventative is to either delete any playlists OR edit them down to one small podcast before exiting drPodder. It's a few extra steps to edit the "ALL" playlist to flip the "all" switch on startup, but my startups are reliable. I look forward to the deferred loading that has been mentioned as an upcoming feature.
  11. #1951  
    Quote Originally Posted by ximinez View Post
    One workaround that has worker pretty consistently for me is to reboot and try again a few times until it works. It seems that if there is a lot of free memory and nothing competing for resources, it can usually finish loading before the lockup happens. There may also be some caching going on, which is why I give it a few tries.

    BTW, a preventative is to either delete any playlists OR edit them down to one small podcast before exiting drPodder. It's a few extra steps to edit the "ALL" playlist to flip the "all" switch on startup, but my startups are reliable. I look forward to the deferred loading that has been mentioned as an upcoming feature.
    I have tried rebooting multiple times and still cannot get drPodder to start. So am I stuck at this point until drNull is able to do something with my .db file, or is there anything at all I can do on my own?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  12. #1952  
    jjeffcoat, I had the same problem you are having last week. I didn't relish the fact that I may lose my podcast list, but I knew I could import an OPML file exported from iTunes then tweak it to my liking. I occasionally backup my drPodder list too. I am sure that drNull will get back to you in time. In the mean time you can move or rename the db file. drPodder will recreate a new database when you first launch it. That will get you started again. Just follow drNull's directions to find the database and rename it.

    I deleted my file, started drPodder, and imported my OPML file. drPodder has been working great ever since.

    Good Luck
  13. #1953  
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    jjeffcoat, I had the same problem you are having last week. I didn't relish the fact that I may lose my podcast list, but I knew I could import an OPML file exported from iTunes then tweak it to my liking. I occasionally backup my drPodder list too. I am sure that drNull will get back to you in time. In the mean time you can move or rename the db file. drPodder will recreate a new database when you first launch it. That will get you started again. Just follow drNull's directions to find the database and rename it.

    I deleted my file, started drPodder, and imported my OPML file. drPodder has been working great ever since.
    Don't have an OPML file to import, but I can manually re-enter all my feeds when I have the time. Will try renaming the .db file and see what happens. Thanks for your help!
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  14. nxg125's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #1954  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I have tried rebooting multiple times and still cannot get drPodder to start. So am I stuck at this point until drNull is able to do something with my .db file, or is there anything at all I can do on my own?
    How comfortable are you with SQL? I ran into this problem a while back and was able to remove the oldest rows from the episode table. That made the database a lot smaller so it could be loaded before timing out.

    I'd make a backup first, but since you're talking about trashing your db anyway, it's not like you have a lot to lose.

    My post about this
  15. #1955  
    You're way above my head already.
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  16. #1956  
    Quote Originally Posted by nxg125 View Post
    How comfortable are you with SQL? I ran into this problem a while back and was able to remove the oldest rows from the episode table. That made the database a lot smaller so it could be loaded before timing out.

    I'd make a backup first, but since you're talking about trashing your db anyway, it's not like you have a lot to lose.

    My post about this
    OK, I have now manually re-entered all of my feeds and marked everything as "old" that I have already listened to. So I am pretty much good to go at this time.

    Curious, is it a good idea to delete some of the "old" episodes to prevent the .db file from becoming too large?

    edit: When I try deleting old episodes, they reappear on their own. Why is that?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  17. #1957  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    When I try deleting old episodes, they reappear on their own. Why is that?
    You can't really "delete" items from the feed. The owner of the feed determines what is listed there. "Delete" in Dr. Podder means marking the episode as Old and deleting the attachment (if it had been downloaded). You can change the view filter so that you don't see the old episodes. The data for those is still in the actual feed though.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
  18. #1958  
    Is there any way to sync what I download using miro to drPodder? My problem is I have really bad wifi and the pre never stays connected (I also have a bad data plan). I download all of the same feeds using miro and if there was some way to sync what I download on my PC and have drPodder know that these files are the same it would be great. Maybe this could be added as a future enhancement?

    I bought the app catalog version, too. Awesome app, recommend it to everyone.
  19. #1959  
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    You can't really "delete" items from the feed. The owner of the feed determines what is listed there. "Delete" in Dr. Podder means marking the episode as Old and deleting the attachment (if it had been downloaded). You can change the view filter so that you don't see the old episodes. The data for those is still in the actual feed though.
    So is there any way of keeping the .db file from becoming so large that it won't load?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  20. #1960  
    I bought DrPodder recently and I love it. However, some reason Engadget podcast isn't loading. Can you guys help me how to fix this issue? Thanks.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions