View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

    360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

    89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

    42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

    39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

    54 9.25%
Page 96 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4686919293949596979899100101106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #1901  
    My drpodder is freezing on the "loading episodes" screen. I've tried restarting multiple times and deleting the drpodder folder from the usb partition. I haven't backed up my opml file for a while so I'd like to be able to fix this without uninstalling and reinstalling. Any way I can extract the necessary files manually? Please let me know what I can do. Thanks!!
  2. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1902  
    Quote Originally Posted by nick8539 View Post
    So regarding the engadget feed not working, is this only happening to me? I sent an error report through the app to see what it can be then...
    I believe it's just you, but I don't know why that would be. The url works fine for me and others. How did you send the support email with that url? Did you change the url or what? If drPodder is saying that the feed is invalid, then it shouldn't be adding the feed, so there shouldn't be a way for you to "Report a Problem" using that feed.

    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    My drpodder is freezing on the "loading episodes" screen. I've tried restarting multiple times and deleting the drpodder folder from the usb partition. I haven't backed up my opml file for a while so I'd like to be able to fix this without uninstalling and reinstalling. Any way I can extract the necessary files manually? Please let me know what I can do. Thanks!!
    This is typically not good... it usually means the .db file is corrupt. I can typically retrieve the feeds from your .db file, and sometimes I can get the episodes as well. If you email me the .db file (see instructions below) I'll see what I can do. support@drpodder.com

    If you plug your pre in to the computer and select "usb mode", then
    navigate to the usb directory, you should see a folder labeled
    .app-storage. In there will be a folder containing the application
    ID. It will be something like
    file_media_cryptofs_apps_usr_palm_applications_com.drnull.drpodder_0.
    Go into that folder. There should be a .db file there. If you could
    email that to me then I can reproduce the error and try to find out
    where things went wrong.

    Alternatively, you could try just doing Start->run and typing in:
    E:\.app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.drnull.drpodder_0\
    (where "E" is the drive of your Pre).
  3. #1903  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    I believe it's just you, but I don't know why that would be. The url works fine for me and others. How did you send the support email with that url? Did you change the url or what? If drPodder is saying that the feed is invalid, then it shouldn't be adding the feed, so there shouldn't be a way for you to "Report a Problem" using that feed.


    This is typically not good... it usually means the .db file is corrupt. I can typically retrieve the feeds from your .db file, and sometimes I can get the episodes as well. If you email me the .db file (see instructions below) I'll see what I can do. support@drpodder.com

    If you plug your pre in to the computer and select "usb mode", then
    navigate to the usb directory, you should see a folder labeled
    .app-storage. In there will be a folder containing the application
    ID. It will be something like
    file_media_cryptofs_apps_usr_palm_applications_com.drnull.drpodder_0.
    Go into that folder. There should be a .db file there. If you could
    email that to me then I can reproduce the error and try to find out
    where things went wrong.

    Alternatively, you could try just doing Start->run and typing in:
    E:\.app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.drnull.drpodder_0\
    (where "E" is the drive of your Pre).
    File sent to your email...thanks.
  4. Nick8539's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #1904  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    I believe it's just you, but I don't know why that would be. The url works fine for me and others. How did you send the support email with that url? Did you change the url or what? If drPodder is saying that the feed is invalid, then it shouldn't be adding the feed, so there shouldn't be a way for you to "Report a Problem" using that feed.
    Right, the only way I was able to add the feed was by going to add default feeds. That puts the Engadget feed there but no episodes are loading. Just says 0 0 0.

    I tried uninstalling and installing the app and still nothing...

    I do have the iphone spoof patch, would that matter? the reason I ask is because I know the engadget app doesn't work with the patch so I wonder if its related.

    this patch
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...perfectly.html

    and here's a screenshot of the app
    drpodder-hb_2010-02-06_165839.png
    My Digital Life Blog

    iPhone iCons Theme


    iPhone iCons (no dock) Theme
    http://www.prethemer.com/iPhone_iCon...theme4084.html
  5. Nick8539's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #1905  
    Oddly enough that was the problem.

    I removed this patch
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...perfectly.html

    and now the Engadget feed works fine.

    any idea why? I really like using that patch as it renders some sites much more nicely then default WebOS browser does.
    My Digital Life Blog

    iPhone iCons Theme


    iPhone iCons (no dock) Theme
    http://www.prethemer.com/iPhone_iCon...theme4084.html
  6. #1906  
    Hello,

    I've been using Dr. Podder since last July or so and LOVE it! Thank you!

    I have an odd problem that just started recently on several of my feeds. When I push the arrow to download it starts swirling and the red X comes up but only for a couple of seconds then it returns to the green download arrow. Also, auto downloading won't work. There is no error message or anything, it just doesn't download.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks!
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
  7. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #1907  
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    Hello,

    I've been using Dr. Podder since last July or so and LOVE it! Thank you!

    I have an odd problem that just started recently on several of my feeds. When I push the arrow to download it starts swirling and the red X comes up but only for a couple of seconds then it returns to the green download arrow. Also, auto downloading won't work. There is no error message or anything, it just doesn't download.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks!
    This is a known Palm WebOS bug that is supposedly going to be corrected in the next update which is forthcoming. There are a number of posts in this thread if you want to read up on it - feel free to start with the one at http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2473258 for an example. If it's only some of your podcasts that are affected like this, but others work, it's likely the same issue you're experiencing. Hopefully the update will come out sooner than later, as it's already out to developers for testing.
  8. #1908  
    I'm having an old problem recur again. I can't resume my podcasts unless they are downloaded, it just sits on buffering. I'm using version 0.6.6 with 1.4.1.1. I was hoping for any guidance before I start doing any uninstall/reinstall etc.
  9. #1909  
    Has there been a change that would cause the XML backup file to work differently? I just tried to restore the file from a back-up I did about two weeks ago, and drPodder says there is nothing in the file. I had restored from it once before about a month back, so the only thing might have changed is if there was a drPodder update.

    ANy ideas?
  10. #1910  
    Drnull,
    This is by far, my favorite and most used app. Thanks for all your hard work and constant support.
  11. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1911  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcaaronice View Post
    I'm having an old problem recur again. I can't resume my podcasts unless they are downloaded, it just sits on buffering. I'm using version 0.6.6 with 1.4.1.1. I was hoping for any guidance before I start doing any uninstall/reinstall etc.
    Does this happen with all podcasts? Does it happen right after a reboot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Has there been a change that would cause the XML backup file to work differently? I just tried to restore the file from a back-up I did about two weeks ago, and drPodder says there is nothing in the file. I had restored from it once before about a month back, so the only thing might have changed is if there was a drPodder update.
    Could you email the file to support@drPodder.com? I can't think of anything that might have changed...
  12. #1912  
    I just started using this program & it is great. The one thing that would make it perfect for me would be if you could repeat single podcasts indefinitely. I'm a listener of ChinesePod, which is a series of 10 minute language instruction podcasts. Repitition is a must & unless I'm missing something, drPodder doesn't have a repeat feature. Any chance of adding this feature in a future release?
  13. #1913  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Does this happen with all podcasts? Does it happen right after a reboot?


    Could you email the file to support@drPodder.com? I can't think of anything that might have changed...
    I just sent it. The error happens when trying to import the list saved on my previous phone before swapping them...
  14. bpfd's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    #1914  
    I am new here and found this great app. I do have a problem though.

    I am having trouble turning off the hide podcast file option. The slider won't move at all.
  15. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1915  
    Quote Originally Posted by bondfast View Post
    I just started using this program & it is great. The one thing that would make it perfect for me would be if you could repeat single podcasts indefinitely. I'm a listener of ChinesePod, which is a series of 10 minute language instruction podcasts. Repitition is a must & unless I'm missing something, drPodder doesn't have a repeat feature. Any chance of adding this feature in a future release?
    That's an interesting feature request... and very specialized. Here's a way to do almost everything you'd want (except the repeat). Set the "View:" mode to "ALL" and set the podcast to NOT auto-delete episodes. Then it will take you back to the playlist and you can just tap the same episode again.

    I know, it's not clean. But it will be a while before I get around adding this feature.

    Or (tying in the next question) if you turn off the "hide podcast files" option, you should be able to play the episodes in the built-in player, which (I think) allows you to repeat tracks.

    After changing the option, you'll have to redownload the episodes. The quickest way to do that is to delete them all, then mark all episodes as new (menu choice) and redownload them all (tap on the feed title to see the "download new episodes" option).

    Or just delete the feed and re-add it with hide podcast files set to off.

    Quote Originally Posted by bpfd View Post
    I am having trouble turning off the hide podcast file option. The slider won't move at all.
    Just tap the slider, don't try to slide it. That's an oddity of webOS's slider GUI component.
  16. #1916  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Does this happen with all podcasts? Does it happen right after a reboot?


    Could you email the file to support@drPodder.com? I can't think of anything that might have changed...
    Did you try importing the podcast URLs from the file I sent? I was able to use that .xml file successfuly a few weeks ago, but then I got a replacement Pre and Dr Podder says the file doesn't contain anything.

    I REALLY don't want to retype all those podcasts in with my fat thumbs...
  17. #1917  
    I thought this was a overclocking issue. Every time I hit the reload button it freezes my Pre. I get the too many cards message. Any ideas?
  18. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1918  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeiniowa View Post
    I thought this was a overclocking issue. Every time I hit the reload button it freezes my Pre. I get the too many cards message. Any ideas?
    Please use the "Report a problem" link from the main feed list page.

    My guess is that you have a large feed as described here: drPodder : drPodder froze my phone!!!
  19. #1919  
    Most used app on my pre and best $ spent on apps.
  20. Sky Nazi's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #1920  
    Still luvin Dr.Podder This app is the number one reason I still carry the Pre along with the EVO. I just love that it does all the downloading for me without having to connect up to a computer.

    Paired the Pre up with a Motorola S9-HD and now I never listen to radio in the car.

    So, after ATT came out with their teird plan, I checked on my data usage (on sprint). It has been averaging 3 gigs per month 8 audio podcasts and 2 weekley video podcasts. I will probably be pushing that even higher with the addition of a few more video podcasts.

    My only feature request would be to add bookmarks to the video playback, but I know that probbaly won't happen.

    Thanks again for you hard work.
    Devices Owned:
    Handspring 600 (retired), Treo 650 x2 (retired), Centro x2 (offline usage), Palm Pre x2, HTC EVO

    Apps I can't live without on my Pre:
    Dr. Podder, Music (Remix) and JogStats

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions