View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 95 of 118 FirstFirst ... 458590919293949596979899100105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Ha! Thanks, ay. That's a lot easier than what I suggested. Shows how much I know about iTunes.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    I will give it a try, But will this update the feed every single day, cause i'm not going thru all that work everyday to get a podcast.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    Ha! Thanks, ay. That's a lot easier than what I suggested. Shows how much I know about iTunes.
    Don't give me too much credit - I hate iTunes, and only have it for the occasional download of the Free Song of the Week I stumbled upon my solution when I was having the same predicament (how to get a podcast I found in iTunes into Dr. Podder). I actually didn't even see your post until I hit submit on mine. It's fantastic that there are so many of us looking to help each other on these forums that we so often end up double-posting because we hit submit at the same time!
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I will give it a try, But will this update the feed every single day, cause i'm not going thru all that work everyday to get a podcast.
    Yes - if you follow what I posted, and then set Dr. Podder to update the feed regularly, this will be a one time procedure for you!
    It worked and I'm very Happy but still not happy that people only give me one way to download their RSS feeds, but i don't blame them,

PALM +HP better get a MP3 Store just like itunes. but better
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Is it technically possible to play podcasts at 2x speed? I don't believe its currently an option, so I'm wondering if its feasible. That's what I used to do on my ipod (technically, it's 1.5x, but they list it as 2x) and would love for it to be an option here.
    No, IIRC the media playback API of the SDK does not allow such shenanigans at the moment.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    If the updates aren't occurring at all, you might want to try going into preferences and disabling auto-update, then re-enabling it. Sometimes webOS can forget about the alarms that programs set, and this will recreate the alarm.
    This worked - thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by easymacfu View Post
    Is it technically possible to play podcasts at 2x speed? I don't believe its currently an option, so I'm wondering if its feasible. That's what I used to do on my ipod (technically, it's 1.5x, but they list it as 2x) and would love for it to be an option here.
    podshifter.com has been suggested a few times here as a work around to this. Haven't tried it myself.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Has anyone had any problems with The CellPhone Junkie Podcast downloading? I have subscribed to the podcast for the last few months, but the last 3 weeks, I cannot download the podcast. I can stream it, and thats how I am listening to it. But everytime the podcast tries to download, it stops immediately (you see the red circle and then turns green within a second). Yes, I have the last 50 version. I even uninstalled and reinstalled that feed to see if there was an issue. I have 16 feeds, and only TCPJ acts this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Has anyone had any problems with The CellPhone Junkie Podcast downloading? I have subscribed to the podcast for the last few months, but the last 3 weeks, I cannot download the podcast. I can stream it, and thats how I am listening to it. But everytime the podcast tries to download, it stops immediately (you see the red circle and then turns green within a second). Yes, I have the last 50 version. I even uninstalled and reinstalled that feed to see if there was an issue. I have 16 feeds, and only TCPJ acts this way.
    I am having the exact same problem, except this happens to EVERY single one of my podcasts. I recently installed the software, rebooted the phone. Like you, I can stream all of them but can't download any. I have the Creative Screenwriter, Filmcast and Director's Notes podcasts loaded on Dr. Podder.
  12. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanesta View Post
    I am having the exact same problem, except this happens to EVERY single one of my podcasts. I recently installed the software, rebooted the phone. Like you, I can stream all of them but can't download any. I have the Creative Screenwriter, Filmcast and Director's Notes podcasts loaded on Dr. Podder.
    It sounds like you're experiencing what's a known issue with WebOS (not Dr. Podder per se) that will be fixed in the upcoming WebOS update. Check out forums.precentral.net/2455256-post1864.html amongst other posts in this thread. Help is on the way as soon as we receive the next WebOS update . I share your pain - one of my "regular" podcasts is also experiencing this issue .
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    It sounds like you're experiencing what's a known issue with WebOS (not Dr. Podder per se) that will be fixed in the upcoming WebOS update. Check out forums.precentral.net/2455256-post1864.html amongst other posts in this thread. Help is on the way as soon as we receive the next WebOS update . I share your pain - one of my "regular" podcasts is also experiencing this issue .
    Thanks. Any things we can do to improve the situation?
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  14. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Thanks. Any things we can do to improve the situation?
    It sounds like the developer had a few tricks up his sleeve if the problem wasn't addressed by Palm for this update, but, rather than spending his time updating the app for a fix that would only be needed for a limited time, he very understandably opted to wait until the update rolls out. It sounds like we should find relief within the next couple of weeks (as soon as the update rolls out). Personally, the podcast I listen to that's affected by this issue thankfully only updates once per week, so I've just been downloading it manually, loading it onto the Pre from my PC, listen to it via the Music ReMix app, and then I delete it via Internalz. Hopefully I'll only need to do this for another week or so Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like there's anything we can do on our ends to "fix" the problem until the update rolls out.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I tried searching this thread and still not sure whats going on but why is the Engadget feed not working?

I am trying and both of them say it is an invalid URL.

Engadget mobiles feed works fine but not engadget.
    My Digital Life Blog

iPhone iCons Theme

iPhone iCons (no dock) Theme
    http://www.prethemer.com/iPhone_iCon...theme4084.html
    drNull,

If I am in the middle of a podcast and get a "too many cards" error, the podcast I'm listening to completely loses its place and has to start over.

Is this normal behavior?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick8539 View Post
    I tried searching this thread and still not sure whats going on but why is the Engadget feed not working?

I am trying
    and

both of them say it is an invalid URL.

Engadget mobiles feed works fine but not engadget.
    That's strange. I use the second feed and have no problems.
    I second that. The second of your posted feeds works for me. I however noticed, that it's the only podcast in my list without an icon, hence album art.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    drNull,

If I am in the middle of a podcast and get a "too many cards" error, the podcast I'm listening to completely loses its place and has to start over.

Is this normal behavior?
    Well, it's undesired behavior, but I've seen it before, yes.

When webOS is running low on memory, it tends to throw away objects. It seems like one of the first to be tossed is the audio object. I'm guessing that there is something I can check for when that happens, I just haven't done it yet.

So for now, it's normal behavior. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    I second that. The second of your posted feeds works for me. I however noticed, that it's the only podcast in my list without an icon, hence album art.
    This is a problem with the image resizing facilities in webOS. I need to work up a good sample of this and send it in to Palm so that they can eventually fix it. I mentioned it in a bug report months ago, but I think it fell through the cracks. I have a workaround for this in the first post of this thread, but it's quite involved.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post

This is a problem with the image resizing facilities in webOS. I need to work up a good sample of this and send it in to Palm so that they can eventually fix it. I mentioned it in a bug report months ago, but I think it fell through the cracks. I have a workaround for this in the first post of this thread, but it's quite involved.
    So regarding the engadget feed not working, is this only happening to me? I sent an error report through the app to see what it can be then...
    My Digital Life Blog

iPhone iCons Theme

iPhone iCons (no dock) Theme
    http://www.prethemer.com/iPhone_iCon...theme4084.html