View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 94 of 118 FirstFirst ... 44848990919293949596979899104 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Great Program, but i have a problem.with a specific Feed:
    Linux Outlaws
    The feed is ok, but i can't download any episodes from it. Streaming works just fine, downloading not. Am i doing something wrong?
    is there a way to listen to a cast and still browse the app?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotlaus View Post
    Great Program, but i have a problem.with a specific Feed:
    Linux Outlaws
    The feed is ok, but i can't download any episodes from it. Streaming works just fine, downloading not. Am i doing something wrong?
    Nope, it's something Palm is doing wrong. But they have said it will be fixed in a future OS upgrade. Of course, I can't say more than that, but if it wasn't going to get fixed soon, I would try to find a workaround.
    http://forums.precentral.net/2443517-post1849.html

Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    is there a way to listen to a cast and still browse the app?
    No, not yet, but I'm working on this feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    No, not yet, but I'm working on this feature.
    This was your quote in response to someone asking if its possible to do things in drpodder while we are listening to a podcast. Presently, if we go back, the podcast stops.

You said you are working on it.

Without being a programmer, I was thinking that you break up drpodder into two separate apps, that call each when needed.

Something like Pocketmirror is doing. Pocketmirror is using to sync contacts, calendar and now NOTES and TASKS.

To do the Notes and Tasks, they actually had to make new app for Notes and a new App for Tasks. But they really are not new apps, there are separate icons for them, but they really are the same one app that has 3 very distinctive modules.

Not sure if I am explaining it correctly, but I think you get what I am saying.

Or maybe a separate window, a swipe left or right or a different window down or up.

Just a suggestion!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Well i finally bought an app and it could only be the one that appeals to the podcast junkie in me so i went with Drpodder. No more hooking up my Pre to the computer, thanks for all the work.
    Hey DrNull. Congrats for making the top-ten of the Homebrew Hot Apps contest and for being so generous in re-donating your $100 prize back to WebOS internals. It's clear from your involvement in this community, your support of the app, and your pricing of the paid App Cat version that you are truly a stand-up guy!!!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I want to report that beginning last week drPodder has problems to download the following podcasts (streaming is still fine):

Amateur Traveler Podcast - the best places to travel to
    Catholic in a Smalltown Podcast
    The Roadhouse

Until the problems started to occur downloading worked fine for several months. I understand that this is most likely related to Palm's handling of RSS feeds (mentioned a few times earlier already). Still if you could find a workaround - until Palm issues a fix - I would surely appreciate that
    I'll add the TiPB podcast to the list. It use feeds burner not libsync. Presume it is the same basic problem though.
    [Request]

is it possible to add an option that only allows autoupdate & fetch,
    while the pre is charging?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I want to report that beginning last week drPodder has problems to download the following podcasts (streaming is still fine):

Amateur Traveler Podcast - the best places to travel to
    Catholic in a Smalltown Podcast
    The Roadhouse

Until the problems started to occur downloading worked fine for several months. I understand that this is most likely related to Palm's handling of RSS feeds (mentioned a few times earlier already). Still if you could find a workaround - until Palm issues a fix - I would surely appreciate that
    Quote Originally Posted by paulpenny View Post
    I'll add the TiPB podcast to the list. It use feeds burner not libsync. Presume it is the same basic problem though.
    Yep, both of these are the same basic issue. TiPB uses feed burner for feed xml hosting, but for the actual .mp3 files, it uses libsyn (if you hover over a download link, you'll see libsyn in the address).

Just a reminder, on 12 Apr, Ben said "Just letting you know, this bug has been fixed for a future system release. I just verified it myself." There is a preview release out now of a future system release. Developers cannot discuss what has or has not been fixed in the preview release. Let's just be patient and see what is fixed in the next webOS release. And read between the lines.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluescreen View Post
    is it possible to add an option that only allows autoupdate & fetch, while the pre is charging?
    Yep, it's possible. A revamp of the update preferences is on the todo list.
    great to hear, dr. null. nice.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I've had an issue in the last few weeks whereby podcasts download quite happily if I manually push the Refresh button, but autodownloads never seem to happen. This is DrPodder HB v0.6.6 on OS v1.4.1 on a GSM Pre in the UK.

This doesn't *seem* to me to be the same problem as has been mentioned above with things not downloading at all, but what do I know :-) Is it worth me trying a OPML transfer over to the app catalog version, or is that just the same? (I have both installed, but I never bothered to change over when I paid)

If I can help with any further info, please let me know.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swaldman View Post
    I've had an issue in the last few weeks whereby podcasts download quite happily if I manually push the Refresh button, but autodownloads never seem to happen. This is DrPodder HB v0.6.6 on OS v1.4.1 on a GSM Pre in the UK.

This doesn't *seem* to me to be the same problem as has been mentioned above with things not downloading at all, but what do I know :-) Is it worth me trying a OPML transfer over to the app catalog version, or is that just the same? (I have both installed, but I never bothered to change over when I paid)
    You're right, it's probably not the same problem. Just a clarification: are updates not occurring? Or do you open up drPodder and find that there are new episodes that *should* have downloaded, but they didn't?

If the updates aren't occurring at all, you might want to try going into preferences and disabling auto-update, then re-enabling it. Sometimes webOS can forget about the alarms that programs set, and this will recreate the alarm.

If the updates are occurring but downloads aren't, check to make sure you have auto-download settings set properly, and "Download only over wifi" is off. Then set the update time for at least 10 minutes from now and close drPodder. Turn on the screen when the update should be going and check to see if you have dashboard notifications of events (Updating feed, downloading episode, etc).
    Hi, I'm trying to add Newstalk1010 CFRB's john moores podcasts but they put it up through itunes, Can i get podcasts that are in itunes.

here is the link.
    Moore in the Morning with John Moore - Download free podcast episodes by NEWSTALK 1010 on iTunes.

I tried this link but didn't work.

Thanks
    I am really bummed that when I did save/restore to my replacement Pre+, drPodder didn't restore my podcast URLs. None of them are in the catalog, so I have to type them in again... without typos. Gonna take some time. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to add Newstalk1010 CFRB's john moores podcasts but they put it up through itunes, Can i get podcasts that are in itunes.
    No, itunes url's are only supported by apple products (due to Apple being a walled garden and NOT open, unlike their anti-adobe propaganda). You will have to ask the podcast provider to make the rss xml feed available to you in some other format.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I am really bummed that when I did save/restore to my replacement Pre+, drPodder didn't restore my podcast URLs. None of them are in the catalog, so I have to type them in again... without typos. Gonna take some time. Any ideas?
    Do you still have access to the old Pre? Were you switching from drPodder-hb to drPodder from the catalog? If you don't have a OPML export I'm not sure there's anything that can be done. Save/restore (webosinternals right?) just saves the db to the media partition, so if you had to replace the Pre, that would mean there's a new media partition... What exactly have you tried?
    No, itunes url's are only supported by apple products (due to Apple being a walled garden and NOT open, unlike their anti-adobe propaganda). You will have to ask the podcast provider to make the rss xml feed available to you in some other format.

Do you still have access to the old Pre? Were you switching from drPodder-hb to drPodder from the catalog? If you don't have a OPML export I'm not sure there's anything that can be done. Save/restore (webosinternals right?) just saves the db to the media partition, so if you had to replace the Pre, that would mean there's a new media partition... What exactly have you tried?
    OK, a quick clarification. I tried doing the "export" from drPodder and sending it by e-mail. Somehow my email client kept sending it back undeliverable even though I was sending it to myself... I do that all the time...

Anyway, I noticed that I could cut and paste the xml from the failure notice by opening up email on my PC. I created the xml file, etc, and now it is working. I'm glad, but why did I have to go through that when the save/restore app says it supports dr podder. Why wouldn't dr podder just save the file so it would be restored when I copied all the usb files from one phone to the other.

I have it working, but I feel like I am missing something... thanks!

here is the link.
    Moore in the Morning with John Moore - Download free podcast episodes by NEWSTALK 1010 on iTunes.

Thanks
    I'm not near a computer that has iTunes on it at the moment to verify this, but I seem to remember being able to use iTunes itself to get around a situation like this in the past. Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes, then export the OPML file from iTunes. Open the OPML file in a text editor, and you should find in there a link to the show's actual (non-iTunes) RSS feed. Enter that into Dr. Podder, and you're good to go.

I know I've done that in past. Can't say for certain if it still works or works with all casts or whatever.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
  20. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts

here is the link.

Thanks
    I have a work-around for this, of sorts. What I do is subscribe the podcast in iTunes, and then right click on the podcast in iTunes and select Copy Podcast URL. Now paste into anything that will allow you to read what you copied (Notepad, your favorite word processor, your internet browser address bar, a memo, etc.), and voila - you have the URL you need to enter into Dr. Podder! To make things even easier, you can paste the URL into an e-mail message which you send to yourself and retrieve on the phone. That way, you can just copy the URL from the e-mail, and post it right into Dr. Podder