View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 93 of 118 FirstFirst ... 43838889909192939495969798103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade2002 View Post
    Would someone be so nice and tell me how to get these podcasts working

New Podcast Feeds « WSCR-AM

I´ve tried to help myself with the search but i am pretty new to this podcasting stuff.

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Ps all i get when i click on a podcast is a lot of http adresses and then nothing happens
    That is pretty straightforward in drPodder: In the main window klick on the + icon in the bottom left and tap on "Enter feed URL...". In the first line (where it says RSS feed URL in light gray) enter the xml address of the desired podcast (e.g. http://podcastrss.play.it/score-interviews_mp3_128.xm for Score Interviews in your case). That's it. Just finish off with a back swipe and you're ready to go
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    That is pretty straightforward in drPodder: In the main window klick on the + icon in the bottom left and tap on "Enter feed URL...". In the first line (where it says RSS feed URL in light gray) enter the xml address of the desired podcast (e.g. http://podcastrss.play.it/score-interviews_mp3_128.xm for Score Interviews in your case). That's it. Just finish off with a back swipe and you're ready to go
    Thanks a million for your "pretty straightforward" tip. It worked. I was just expecting a "click and listen" button. Geuss i am not out of the "stone ages" just yet. Not that i am bashing drPodder at all. I geuss it is the web apps that are making this more complicated than needed to be (i just needed to type in the url adress manuelly). Anyway, happy as heck that it is now working
    Last edited by Blade2002; 05/05/2010 at 09:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade2002 View Post
    Thanks a million for your "pretty straightforward" tip. It worked. I was just expecting a "click and listen" button. Geuss i am not out of the "stone ages" just yet. Not that i am bashing drPodder at all. I geuss it is the web apps that are making this more complicated than needed to be (i just needed to type in the url adress manuelly). Anyway, happy as heck that it is now working
    I am glad it worked for you. Of course instead of entering the entire xml address of a given podcast you could also always try to search for it first. Choose either Search Directory... or Search PodTrapper... when tapping on the + icon. I found this to work for most common podcasts. It really depends on how well these directories are maintained (not controlled by drPodder).
    I am having an issue where the show stops a few mins in when steaming. Doesn't happen with stitcher or streaming from the browser.

anyone else?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Someone please tell me how do I delete a feed? I just downloaded this and there's clutter with feeds I don't want. Help.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    swipe it go bye bye
    Quote Originally Posted by samecolor View Post
    Someone please tell me how do I delete a feed? I just downloaded this and there's clutter with feeds I don't want. Help.
    Just slide the feed off the screen, like you would do with an email or SMS conversation
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Figured I should mention something about this here since I'm getting quite a few emails about downloads failing in the past week:

Recently, something has changed with the libsyn downloads. They used to work fine, but now they fail. I had a workaround for a bug in webOS that was causing them to fail, but that workaround no longer works because libsyn changed the way their downloads are handled. The bug in webOS is supposed to be fixed in the next webOS release, which is due out sometime this month (according to rumors). So the best I can suggest is to hang tight until then, and just stream. I'll continue looking into it to see if there is anything I can do.

Re: https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p=26775#p26775

My plan is to wait for the early access beta preview that palm always gives us developers. Should be out within the next two weeks. If it is fixed in there, then I'll just ignore it and the issue will go away with the next webOS update (probably within 2 weeks after the beta preview). However, if it isn't fixed, we'll be at least 6-10 weeks away from the next possible release, so I'll have to implement a workaround.

I don't have a problem taking the time to implement *another* workaround, but I don't want to do it unless absolutely necessary.
    I would like to be able to mark a feed "don't update" instead of just turning off auto download. I have several feeds that are really big, and must be on slow servers because it takes a long time for DrPodder to check the feed during update. Auto download is set to off, but it still checks the feeds every time.

These feeds are audio books, short story collections, and a couple are defunct podcasts. None of them ever update the feed, or add episodes. I manually download a few episodes/stories, then when I listen to that I download another. Checking these feeds at every update really slows the process down. I think sometimes it overwhelms DrPodder with data. New episodes in feeds set to auto download, do not start. The title is retrieved but that is it.

Thanks for the great app. and being so attentive to the users.
    can someone help me get this podcast feed going?
    Phil Hendrie Show Flashback Podcast | Free Best Of Radio Audio Clips Mp3
    it will not work for me
    Open DrPodder
    At bottom left hit "+" sign
    Hit "Search PodTrapper
    in the search box, put in "Hendrie"...then hit "Search"
    Hit View/subscibe button

BANG!

ETA: After hitting "+", you can hit "Enter Feed URL" and type in that URL. I did not check it that way. I did not actually go to the feed itself
    ok ill try that, how do you add urls?
    i click add, but after i enter in the url, there is no add button it just stays on the add screen
    Quote Originally Posted by evanderlongoria View Post
    i click add, but after i enter in the url, there is no add button it just stays on the add screen
    On the page you linked, click the "subscribe to RSS..." link. That takes you to:

The Phil Hendrie Show Flashback

Look in box on rhs, there is a "with something else" url.

Get that.

Then, in DrPodder:

Click "+"
    Click ""Enter Feed URL" and add it in that space
    Use 'back gesture' to have it accept / add it

BANG!
  14. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evanderlongoria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    On the page you linked, click the "subscribe to RSS..." link. That takes you to:

The Phil Hendrie Show Flashback

Look in box on rhs, there is a "with something else" url.

Get that.

Then, in DrPodder:

Click "+"
    Click ""Enter Feed URL" and add it in that space
    Use 'back gesture' to have it accept / add it

BANG!
    "Backswipe" in the navigation area to move off of a screen. The URL for the who you are looking to add is "feed://feedproxy.google.com/PhilHendrieShowFlashbackitunes".
    I just got charged 99 cents for getting drpodder. I never downloaded or installed such application. Where did it come from? It just randomly popped up in my inbox.......
    Quote Originally Posted by petrafan007 View Post
    I just got charged 99 cents for getting drpodder. I never downloaded or installed such application. Where did it come from? It just randomly popped up in my inbox.......
    You got a Palm receipt saying you purchased this app and you never looked at this app in the Palm App Catalog?

That is not supposed to be able to happen.

Are you sure no one was playing with your phone when you weren't looking?

Generally, you have to type your password into your Pre each time you order a WebOS app, unless you purchase each app under an hour. Then it will not ask you for a password again.

But it will still ask you: 'are you sure you want to purchase this app'.

So you have to answer that question to have it go through.

I don't think there is any other way to purchase an app just yet!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I have the homebrew version of DrPodder and would like to donate to the developer. While I understand I can buy the app from the catalog I don't want to have to reload all of my podcasts. This is by far my favorite app. I had never listened to a podcast before getting this app and now I'm hooked. I have an 45 minute commute and this app makes that drive a breeze.

So wheres the donate button? =)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
    Hi,
    I have the homebrew version of DrPodder and would like to donate to the developer. While I understand I can buy the app from the catalog I don't want to have to reload all of my podcasts. This is by far my favorite app. I had never listened to a podcast before getting this app and now I'm hooked. I have an 45 minute commute and this app makes that drive a breeze.

So wheres the donate button? =)

Thanks
    Not sure about the donate button, but you can also do what i did: Buy the App Catalog version, give palm and drpodder some money (and credit for the Hot Apps competition) and then just delete the App Catalog version. I am still using the HB version but wanted to contribute.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    @WhoMe,
    Bottom of the first post on the first page of this thread.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Not sure about the donate button, but you can also do what i did: Buy the App Catalog version, give palm and drpodder some money (and credit for the Hot Apps competition) and then just delete the App Catalog version. I am still using the HB version but wanted to contribute.
    Good idea!