View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 92 of 118 FirstFirst ... 42828788899091929394959697102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Ohh, I've been delinquent answering forum posts. Little bit overwhelmed by support emails and trying to get some development done and [insert other excuse here]... ok, here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    A few weeks ago one of my favorite podcasts stopped working. I get an "Error" popup that says "There was a problem playing the file."

The podcast is called "Around the House," which is a great podcast for anyone interested in (or cursed with) home improvements and maintenance. The URL is www.khow.com/podcast/around_the_house.xml.
    This is probably a webOS bug introduced recently. drPodder : This episode won’t play

If you use the menu and choose "Play using webOS player" you'll see it fails there too. I doubt the podcast provider can do anything about it. I've read that it might have to do with album art being stored in the .mp3 file, but I don't know if that is the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    When a downloaded episode gets automatically deleted because it exceeded the Keep at Most count, would it be possible to mark that episode as Old?

And if so, could that be an option in the Feed Preferences screen?

There are some feeds that I only listen to occasionally. If I miss a few, I'm not going to go back and catch up. On those, I'd like the ones I missed to be automatically marked Old. For others, the opposite is true. I want to listen to every single episode, and if I happen to miss a few, I want to see those as New so I can go back and catch up.
    Hmm.... it could. I'll add it to the (growing) features list. There's also an option that has been requested to have a similar functionality to tivo where no only is there a "keep at most" limit, but there's an option to keep the episodes forever (and not download new ones) instead of the current action, which is to delete the old ones and download new ones.

The way this will probably be implemented is to have a "Maximum Episodes" entry that determines how many episodes will be displayed for a podcast. So it would be separate from whole download/keep at most concept.

Quote Originally Posted by bluescreen View Post
    any chance at having a smaller type size? i have a podcast with a lot of desription text like "xyz podcast the best around blablabla more text annoying a lot more text episode i am interesting" and i have 2 go inside the streaming dialog to read the intersting episode title at the last. annyoing. btw. greatgreat app. thx.
    You should be able to filter stuff out in the feed options page. Let's say you have a podcast where all the episodes start out with "The best podcast on earth episode #123: Episode Title is here". If you add a "replacements" entry for that podcast as follows:
    To: "TBP #"
    Then the episode title will now be
    "TBP #123: Episode Title is here".

And after that, slap the podcast provider upside the head and tell him that he doesn't need to put the title of the podcast in every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan View Post
    Hey -- Checked the front page of precentral and it looks like if you install the filemgr 1.0 service you'll now have an API that allows you to write to a file on the device. I'm not sure if the App Catalog allows you to require dependencies be installed before the app is installed -- but I know preware will allow this. It would be AWESOME if drpodder now backed up it's settings and database automatically to the device instead of having to email and then use a USB connection to restore feeds. Thoughts? Would the API allow this?
    Sorry, but I won't be using filemgr 1.0. That wouldn't be allowed in the app catalog, and I really don't want to maintain 2 versions. What I am planning on doing is incorporating the save/restore features of gPodder.org into drPodder (the two projects are unrelated... they just sound similar).

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I also know you can do this, because (soon-to-be released) Newsroom has managed to do it.
    I would imagine that he just initiates a download request to a webservice that he has running and passes the information in the post, and then the webservice turns around and sends the data back down to him. That's the only app-catalog approved method of writing a file to the Pre. Again, most likely won't go down this road as it would just be an interim solution, and time can be better spent working towards the gPodder.org API set (which is very full featured and would allow synchronization with a Windows/Linux client if desired).

Quote Originally Posted by nxg125 View Post
    I've started having some issues with my database. This has started happening in the past week or so. drPodder gets stuck at Loading Episodes and won't go any further. I think the only work around is to restart Luna and then it will (sometimes) load.

I loaded the db in sqlite3 and I can see and dump all the tables, etc, and I ran quick_check and integrity_check, which were both clean, so I think the db itself is fine.
    I'm guessing this is because the database has gotten so large that it is taking more than 10 seconds to load, and the javascript is timing out. I don't have a good solution to this right now. My plan is to fix this in the future, but it's not a "next version" type of thing. It's a few months off probably.

If you can get it to load and maybe delete some podcast feeds that you rarely listen to, you should be able to get back to a usable state. Additionally, (since you're mucking with the db) if you were to clear out the "episode" table, it would probably start working again (although you'd lose all downloaded/new/old/bookmarks, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    i'm having the same issue. it seems to happen randomly. i was hoping to find some help here.
    See above. If you have an OPML export, or can get one, and cut down the number of feeds you have (or eliminate some of the larger ones) then that would help.

What I might do soon is just provide a method to permanently hide "old" episodes for a feed. That would make those podcasts with thousands of episodes a bit more managable after they have been marked as "old".

But when I look at the folder names, only the ones that I have downloaded new podcast are now unhidden.
    Right, that's what I said. If you download new episodes, then ONLY those new episodes will be "unhidden". Existing downloaded episodes will not become "unhidden" when you change the "Hide podcast files" flag. That would require moving files, which webOS does not provide an API for.

Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    thank you, I'm doing what you stating and it's not working but I will work it out.
    What podcast are you trying to load?

Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    As of a few days ago, neither "gdgt" nor "Windows Weekly" podcasts will play via Dr Podder. They download fine, but when trying to play they just sit there doing nothing. Streaming them via Dr Podder gives the same result. This started with gdgt episode 78 and Windows Weekly 152. Any ideas??
    What happens if you try the menu choice "Play using webOS player" when you are on an episode? If it works in the webOS player, please use the "report a problem" link so I can have a record of it in the support email.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nxg125 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is not the recommended course of action, however...
    Oh it's not recommended, but sadly, I did recommend it.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Oh it's not recommended, but sadly, I did recommend it.
    Whoops, I stand corrected

I just deleted all rows with displayOrder>500 or something like that. It screwed up the new count for one of my feeds but the rest were fine which I was pleasantly surprised by. It took a long time for my database to get this big so hopefully I won't have to worry about it again for a while!
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    As of a few days ago, neither "gdgt" nor "Windows Weekly" podcasts will play via Dr Podder. They download fine, but when trying to play they just sit there doing nothing. Streaming them via Dr Podder gives the same result. This started with gdgt episode 78 and Windows Weekly 152. Any ideas??
    What happens if you try the menu choice "Play using webOS player" when you are on an episode? If it works in the webOS player, please use the "report a problem" link so I can have a record of it in the support email.
    Oops, Windows Weekly is actually fine - it's only gdgt that's the problem. Playing it using the webOS player doesn't work either - although interestingly, streaming it using MediaFly works fine. I noticed that the gdgt podcast is in .m4a format rather than mp3, but historically it has played just fine in Dr Podder.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    Oops, Windows Weekly is actually fine - it's only gdgt that's the problem. Playing it using the webOS player doesn't work either - although interestingly, streaming it using MediaFly works fine. I noticed that the gdgt podcast is in .m4a format rather than mp3, but historically it has played just fine in Dr Podder.
    The AAC/m4a podcasts used to work well on webOS, but I think around 1.4.x they started acting up some. You can add the gdgt .mp3 podcast by url, and that should work fine for you:
    http://feeds.gdgt.com/gdgt/podcast-mp3/
    The AAC/m4a podcasts used to work well on webOS, but I think around 1.4.x they started acting up some. You can add the gdgt .mp3 podcast by url, and that should work fine for you:
    gdgt weekly
    Actually, I think it was around 1.3.x that AAC feeds stopped working. Haven't been able to get my AAC feeds for a while now (and sadly miss them!)
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Hi all,

According the gdgt podcast feed page, you can download the podcast in 4 different formats.

Here is the link that is showing me all the versions:

gdgt weekly podcast - gdgt

Download: MP3 | AAC
    Subscribe: iTunes | Zune | MP3 | AAC

If you go to any of them, you can copy the feed links and past that into drPodder.

Hope this helps a little.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    gdgt weekly
    Thanks, I'll try that - I know gdgt was working as recently as a couple of weeks ago (episode 77) which I *think* was after 1.4.1, but whatever. How crazy of me to assume that mpeg-4 files would play correctly!
    just a tip
    I included some database tools in this release, more tools to come.

drPodder Media Importer 0.3.1.0 released
    Change log:

0.3.1.0 (Beta)
    -Fix database with Not existing album art on device
    -Detect album art files on restore and clear in db if not existing (eg. restore on full erased USB partition)
    -Clear downloaded flag if media files (episodes) are missing on device
    -Clear downloaded and new flag if media files (episodes) are missing on device. Can be used if the restore (from eg. wobOS Internals Save/Restore
    -Downloading files flaged as downloaded but does not exist on device if drPodder is capable of deleting (does not work if the download tickets in downloadhistory.db in webOS are erased eg. data erease, firmware flash I think).

thread here
    I have run into what I have considered a issue. When i'm running dr podder I'm unable to run any games without it stopping the podcast that i was listening to
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    wow. you are my hero. thx for your tip drnull. great
    DrPodder was the first applicatiion I did pay! Great app!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I have run into what I have considered a issue. When i'm running dr podder I'm unable to run any games without it stopping the podcast that i was listening to
    If you have music playing in the built-in music player in webOS, I believe it stops as well when playing games, correct? That's a webOS "feature" where only one app can be playing music at a time.

However, what happens if you switch over to drPodder and tell it to play after it has paused? Will it then continue to play through the game?
    drnull,

I'm having a problem that I should have reported a while back but wasn't sure it was drpodder or not. I have not looked to see if someone else also reported this issue yet, so excuse me if it already has been.

It seems that when playing an audio podcast (I have not test this with videos yet) for some reason at the end, it is ending or cutting off about 5 - 10 seconds before it actually ends.

So just as the talk show is ending, their words as they are saying goodbye and thanks for listening or whatever the ending sequence of words are, they are being cut off just a few seconds too soon.

I'm going to test to double check that it doesn't happen also with the regular built in audio player, but so far, this is happening with all my podcasts not just one particular show.

Again if it's already been reported, I'm sorry!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    So just as the talk show is ending, their words as they are saying goodbye and thanks for listening or whatever the ending sequence of words are, they are being cut off just a few seconds too soon.
    Hmm - now that you mention it, that's happening to me as well. I figured it was the way they were editing the podcast, but then it happened on a second one.
  16. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    drnull,

I'm having a problem that I should have reported a while back but wasn't sure it was drpodder or not. I have not looked to see if someone else also reported this issue yet, so excuse me if it already has been.

It seems that when playing an audio podcast (I have not test this with videos yet) for some reason at the end, it is ending or cutting off about 5 - 10 seconds before it actually ends.

I'm going to test to double check that it doesn't happen also with the regular built in audio player, but so far, this is happening with all my podcasts not just one particular show.

Again if it's already been reported, I'm sorry!

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by bstryd View Post
    Hmm - now that you mention it, that's happening to me as well. I figured it was the way they were editing the podcast, but then it happened on a second one.
    This is a known issue that is due to WebOS, and not DrPodder per se, if I recall previous posts on this issue correctly.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    This is a known issue that is due to WebOS, and not DrPodder per se, if I recall previous posts on this issue correctly.
    Ah - thanks - I was not aware of that. It seems to be a newish kind of issue but I was not paying much attention. Appreciate the heads up.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Yep, as mentioned, it's a webOS issue.
    drPodder : Playback stops before the end
    Just wanted to say thanks for drPodder, one of my favorites.
    Would someone be so nice and tell me how to get these podcasts working

New Podcast Feeds « WSCR-AM

I´ve tried to help myself with the search but i am pretty new to this podcasting stuff.

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Ps all i get when i click on a podcast is a lot of http adresses and then nothing happens