View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 91 of 118 FirstFirst ... 41818687888990919293949596101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    drnull -

Is there any way to listen to podcasts that are not on an rss or xml feed (i.e. mp3's just posted on a website) with DrPodder?

I tried placing several downloaded mp3 files into one of the existing podcast folders, but they didn't show up when I launched DrPodder & tried to find them.

Thanks!
    That's essentially what drPodder Media Importer 0.3.0.0 does. See this thread for more info:

http://forums.precentral.net/general...-importer.html
    argh.. When I tap on that link I get the "full" version of the forums and I forgot my magnifying glass. :-)

What section is it in... Homebrew Apps? I'll try to find it on the mobile forums...
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    hey,

I just reinstalled webos and used Save/Restore the first time and also the first time I got all my podcast feeds back instantly - yeeey, but.... in all my restored feeds the images are missing and I had to delete the entries drPodder thought are downloaded to the device (since they were not anymore).

But else I really love the program and as soon as I have an AppCatalog here I will buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hertzi View Post
    hey,

I just reinstalled webos and used Save/Restore the first time and also the first time I got all my podcast feeds back instantly - yeeey, but.... in all my restored feeds the images are missing and I had to delete the entries drPodder thought are downloaded to the device (since they were not anymore).

But else I really love the program and as soon as I have an AppCatalog here I will buy it.
    Actually drPodder Media Importer 3.1.0 contains this feature (clear the album art from the database if not existing on device), and I will in the next few days release this version. For now the latest release is 0.3.0.0
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    argh.. When I tap on that link I get the "full" version of the forums and I forgot my magnifying glass. :-)

What section is it in... Homebrew Apps? I'll try to find it on the mobile forums...
    general webos chat

http://forums.precentral.net/general...-importer.html
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    DRNull, is Palm's Bug tracker Public? I couldn't find it on a cursory look but anything is possible. It's redic that a issue from sept and reported-to-bug tracker on NOV has made no movement (Unless it was fixed in 1.4.1, I've got VZW so I'm still stuck at 1.4, but I doubt something that big's been fixed in a minor update)
    No, on both counts. No public bug tracker, and it's not fixed in 1.4.1(.1).

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    There is a setting to either hide the podcast directories or not. You slide a switch from on to off or off to on.

But for some reason, I have about 20 feeds and I have my drpodder,xml which I use to import into drpodder for easy setup. It comes in correctly with the correct setting but then all of a sudden, looks like when I leave the app and relaunch it it will change all the settings.
    Does this happen consistently after the import? Or did you only see this during the import and now the setting is staying where you put it? Reminder, files that are already downloaded will not be "hidden" or "revealed". Changing this setting only applies to new downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by hertzi View Post
    Right, save/restore doesn't re-download album-art or episodes that you previously had downloaded. Kinda frustrating, but at least you have your feeds/episodes and they're marked as new/old correctly.

At some point, I will integrate with gpoddder.org and restoring of feeds and such will be cleaner. We're not at that point yet....
    Hi drNull, thank you for a truly awesome piece of software. I use it to and from work every day. I have been a long time homebrew user but have switched to the paid app catalog version.

A few weeks ago one of my favorite podcasts stopped working. I get an "Error" popup that says "There was a problem playing the file." I don't know if the podcast changed or if one of the drPodder updates caused it. Here's what I see in the log:
    Code:
    2010-04-21T15:41:22.717285Z [14057] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.drnull.drpodder: Error: Error playing audio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {"eventPhase": 2, "cancelable": true, "total": 0, "bubbles": false, "loaded": 0, "type": "error", "cancelBubble": false, "lengthComputable": false, "timeStamp": "2010-04-21T15:41:22Z", "returnValue": true, "CAPTURING_PHASE": 1, "AT_TARGET": 2, "BUBBLING_PHASE": 3, "MOUSEDOWN": 1, "MOUSEUP": 2, "MOUSEOVER": 4, "MOUSEOUT": 8, "MOUSEMOVE": 16, "MOUSEDRAG": 32, "CLICK": 64, "DBLCLICK": 128, "KEYDOWN": 256, "KEYUP": 512, "KEYPRESS": 1024, "DRAGDROP": 2048, "FOCUS": 4096, "BLUR": 8192, "SELECT": 16384, "CHANGE": 32768}, palmInitFramework338:2520
    The podcast is called "Around the House," which is a great podcast for anyone interested in (or cursed with) home improvements and maintenance. The URL is www.khow.com/podcast/around_the_house.xml. I suspect it is a podcast problem and not a drPodder problem because it fails validation. However, it plays in my PC's browser (and probably in iTunes or else they'd already know about this problem). Can you tell what specifically is preventing drPodder from playing the podcast? I'd like to report it to the author to get it fixed.

Thanks drNull!
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

When a downloaded episode gets automatically deleted because it exceeded the Keep at Most count, would it be possible to mark that episode as Old?

And if so, could that be an option in the Feed Preferences screen?

There are some feeds that I only listen to occasionally. If I miss a few, I'm not going to go back and catch up. On those, I'd like the ones I missed to be automatically marked Old. For others, the opposite is true. I want to listen to every single episode, and if I happen to miss a few, I want to see those as New so I can go back and catch up.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    any chance at having a smaller type size? i have a podcast with a lot of desription text like "xyz podcast the best around blablabla more text annoying a lot more text episode i am interesting" and i have 2 go inside the streaming dialog to read the intersting episode title at the last. annyoing. btw. greatgreat app. thx.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Hey -- Checked the front page of precentral and it looks like if you install the filemgr 1.0 service you'll now have an API that allows you to write to a file on the device. I'm not sure if the App Catalog allows you to require dependencies be installed before the app is installed -- but I know preware will allow this. It would be AWESOME if drpodder now backed up it's settings and database automatically to the device instead of having to email and then use a USB connection to restore feeds. Thoughts? Would the API allow this?
    drnull,

It seems that some people are asking that you write the .xml file directly to the USB partition.

I do see an advantage to also keeping the present 'email' way in place as well.

Because if we end up erasing our partition or something happens with the phone (example: exchanging it) we have an off-device backup.

I do like the fact of making a copy to the USB partition (minus the instructions you placed in the email version).

I also know you can do this, because (soon-to-be released) Newsroom has managed to do it.

Actually, I was begging them to make some sort of backup and originally he we going to do what you did with a copy via email. I had even told him to contact you in how and why you did it as an email.

But some how he did find a way of doing it, because it is working with my beta version of Newsroom. He is writing the .xml file to the root of the USB partition and when I attempt to do a restore, I actually can see drpodder.xml as well as Newsroom.xml files.

So if you need help, why not ask him (Eric) what he do to make that work!

Hope this helps!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I've started having some issues with my database. This has started happening in the past week or so. drPodder gets stuck at Loading Episodes and won't go any further. I think the only work around is to restart Luna and then it will (sometimes) load.

I loaded the db in sqlite3 and I can see and dump all the tables, etc, and I ran quick_check and integrity_check, which were both clean, so I think the db itself is fine.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Does this happen consistently after the import? Or did you only see this during the import and now the setting is staying where you put it? Reminder, files that are already downloaded will not be "hidden" or "revealed". Changing this setting only applies to new downloads.
    drnull,

Right now, I have all the 'hidden folders' settings to OFF, so I should be able to see all my folders.

But when I look at the folder names, only the ones that I have downloaded new podcast are now unhidden. So I end up with two folders of the same podcast feed. One that is hidden and one that is not hidden. So no housekeeping is taking place to delete the folders that got changed.

I still don't understand why the import is failing to create the non-hidden folders, since I've checked the .xml file prior to importing and made sure the settings are correct.

So yes, it's consistently. And I went in an doubled checked that the setting in the .xml file is correct on all the feeds before importing.

I've even deleted drPodder from my Pre, deleted all the folders (minus the art folder) and still drPodder is creating hidden folders.

I've attached my drpodder.xml file for you to look at. I had to rename it to drpodder.txt to be able to upload it here. But it is named drpodder.xml

Rob
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 04/23/2010 at 06:09 AM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    how do I add a feed into dr. Podder? I want to add other podcast as well. Where is a feed located on a webpage?
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    how do I add a feed into dr. Podder? I want to add other podcast as well. Where is a feed located on a webpage?
    Did you look in the menu for the HELP, it brings you to a webpage that has the documentation.

It is listed as Add/Edit Feeds.

Basically, you tap the + (plus) symbol at the bottom left of the screen and there you have several options to add feeds.

By the actual url which is to me the easiest, you just go to the webpage of the podcast, example: CNET, look for Podcasts and there are feed url also listed as RSS feeds.

New with drPodder is the Search Directory where you can try and search for a feed by typing in a search word, example: CNET or Buzz Out Loud.

And you set which podcast directory you want to try using as a search engine.

Hope this helps, until drnull can give you a better answer.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    No, the download functionality is provided by a binary file in webOS that would be "difficult" to patch. Notice the response given by Ben in the forum thread above (case sensitivity to the "Location" response). It may be possible for the podcast owner to fix this. However, in the long run, Palm is fixing the bug, it sounds like.
    Well it's taken a few weeks, but the host has taken implemented the capital "L" as previously identified, and downloading podcast's from a re-directed link is no longer an issue! woo-hoo!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    thank you, I'm doing what you stating and it's not working but I will work it out.

thanks

in the menu for the HELP, it brings you to a webpage that has the documentation.

It is listed as Add/Edit Feeds.

Basically, you tap the + (plus) symbol at the bottom left of the screen and there you have several options to add feeds.

By the actual url which is to me the easiest, you just go to the webpage of the podcast, example: CNET, look for Podcasts and there are feed url also listed as RSS feeds.

New with drPodder is the Search Directory where you can try and search for a feed by typing in a search word, example: CNET or Buzz Out Loud.

And you set which podcast directory you want to try using as a search engine.

Hope this helps, until drnull can give you a better answer.

Rob[/QUOTE]
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nxg125 View Post
    I've started having some issues with my database. This has started happening in the past week or so. drPodder gets stuck at Loading Episodes and won't go any further. I think the only work around is to restart Luna and then it will (sometimes) load.

I loaded the db in sqlite3 and I can see and dump all the tables, etc, and I ran quick_check and integrity_check, which were both clean, so I think the db itself is fine.

Any thoughts?
    i'm having the same issue. it seems to happen randomly. i was hoping to find some help here.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    As of a few days ago, neither "gdgt" nor "Windows Weekly" podcasts will play via Dr Podder. They download fine, but when trying to play they just sit there doing nothing. Streaming them via Dr Podder gives the same result. This started with gdgt episode 78 and Windows Weekly 152. Any ideas??
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    i'm having the same issue. it seems to happen randomly. i was hoping to find some help here.
    I wonder if my database had just gotten too big for webOS to load it? I ended up deleting a bunch of rows from the episode table (the oldest ones.) I also vacuumed it, which cut the size down to 1/3 of what it had been. Not sure if one or both of these did it, but things seem to be back to normal.

I'm pretty sure this is not the recommended course of action, however...