View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 90 of 118 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    I'm a bit confused.

Is the paid app the same as the one I've already got (I downloaded it using Preware).

If you have the Homebrew version, does it mean that you won't be able to get anymore updates?

I'm very happy to buy the paid app by they way.

(I'm still working out how to use it anyway, I'm reading through the thread...it seems very good but a bit complicated if you have to plug your phone to the computer every time you want to download a feed..this podcast business is very new to me, I've only just realised that you don't need an ipod to get them ).
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Berath View Post
    Is the paid app the same as the one I've already got (I downloaded it using Preware).

If you have the Homebrew version, does it mean that you won't be able to get anymore updates?

I'm very happy to buy the paid app by they way.

(I'm still working out how to use it anyway, I'm reading through the thread...it seems very good but a bit complicated if you have to plug your phone to the computer every time you want to download a feed..this podcast business is very new to me, I've only just realised that you don't need an ipod to get them ).
    There's no difference between the paid app and the Preware version. They are different apps, but the functionality is the same. The Preware version is kinda the Beta-testing ground for functionality that will make it to the catalog eventually.

You should still get updates, just make sure you look in Preware for "drPodder". Back around version 0.4.8, I switched the AppID, and it caused a bit of headache for preware users. If you're still running 0.4.8, you'll have to uninstall it and install the latest from preware or the catalog (if you want updates).

Hmm, no, you don't need to hook up to a computer to download episodes or stream podcasts. Basically, you find the url for a podcast and enter it into drPodder. Or you find a podcast through one of the search providers. Then, you can tap the green "download" button on an episode to download it for later listening, or you can tap the title of the episode to just listen to it. (substitute "view" in for "listen" if you're using a video podcast.

Hope that helps, just reply if you need more direction.
    Thanks for a great app, drnull! This is the best solution for podcasts I've seen on any platform.

I have recently encountered some problems with podcasts from the Norwegian public broadcast company (NRK). Feeds on their main podcast server won't download. The pogress wheels are spinning as drPodder tries to download the new episodes, but nothing happens. However, the same feeds work on my PC (Creative ZENcast). I think the problems probably started when I upgraded to 0.6.6 (don't remember which version I used before), but can't be sure as I didn't download new NRK podcasts in two weeks prior to the update.

Example of NRK feed that won't work:
    NRK P2 Verdt å vite
    NRK feed that works:
    NRK Urørt

I hope you can look into this this, drnull, as 2/3 of my podcast feeds are from NRK.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I accidentally added a duplicate feed to my main list. Is there a way to delete or remove a feed from my playlist? I have two cNet Buzz Out Loud listings. I cant seem to find a way to remove the duplicate.

Thank you. And I apologize for asking the question if it has already been asked. I searched the thread but I couldn't find the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
    I accidentally added a duplicate feed to my main list. Is there a way to delete or remove a feed from my playlist? I have two cNet Buzz Out Loud listings. I cant seem to find a way to remove the duplicate.

Thank you. And I apologize for asking the question if it has already been asked. I searched the thread but I couldn't find the answer.
    Have you tried "swiping to delete", like you would delete a text message or email?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    That did it. Thank you very much. Sorry if that seemed obvious lol.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Navelfluff View Post
    Thanks for a great app, drnull! This is the best solution for podcasts I've seen on any platform.

I have recently encountered some problems with podcasts from the Norwegian public broadcast company (NRK). Feeds on their main podcast server won't download. The pogress wheels are spinning as drPodder tries to download the new episodes, but nothing happens. However, the same feeds work on my PC (Creative ZENcast). I think the problems probably started when I upgraded to 0.6.6 (don't remember which version I used before), but can't be sure as I didn't download new NRK podcasts in two weeks prior to the update.

Example of NRK feed that won't work:
    NRK P2 Verdt å vite
    NRK feed that works:
    NRK Urørt

I hope you can look into this this, drnull, as 2/3 of my podcast feeds are from NRK.
    Could you use the "Report a Problem" menu choice in drPodder so I can have a record of this? Also, does streaming the episodes work fine for you? Does the "Play using webOS player" option work?
    hey DrNull,

I know I've requested this feature many times already, but I was thinking if you would still consider it. Could it be possible to add a grid view icon of the podcasts? I have many podcasts and I think it would work better if I can just click on them instead of scrolling up and down.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Could you use the "Report a Problem" menu choice in drPodder so I can have a record of this? Also, does streaming the episodes work fine for you? Does the "Play using webOS player" option work?
    OK, done. The short answer is "no" and "no".
    Hey smarty pants, last time I checked you were not DrPodder. Go away troll somewhere else. olo
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Hey smarty pants, last time I checked you were not DrPodder. Go away troll somewhere else. olo
    Never said I was. If you look at the post immediately above your (repeated) feature request, you'll see that drnull asked me follow-up questions to an earlier post. That's what I was politely and concisely answering - with drnull's questions quoted the normal way to avoid any confusion. Let's stay on topic and avoid hasty conclusions and name calling, shall we?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by retsamhgiht View Post
    Bug Report (sorry if reported, this thread is way long):
    (...)
    2. With those podcasts, select the option Edit Feed > Keep at Most 1. (Auto download, Delete when finished both on).

(THe bug appears here. It keeps the TWO latest ones, even if I never listened to any.)
    Any news on this one? I have the same problem with drPodder v.0.6.7 but I do not use "delete when finished" option. I have a video feed with quite big episodes and only want to keep the most recent one (they appear weekly). It seems that "keep at most" is treated like chosen value + 1. I have another video feed set to "keep at most: 5" and drPodder keeps the last six episodes. Is this behaviour intended?

I am using the App Catalog Verion on a GSM Palm Pre with webOS 1.4.1.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I know I've requested this feature many times already, but I was thinking if you would still consider it. Could it be possible to add a grid view icon of the podcasts? I have many podcasts and I think it would work better if I can just click on them instead of scrolling up and down.
    I need to look into this again. In the past, webOS had this "gridView" list option, but I think they deprecated it. I really don't want to handle the grid code myself. What size were you thinking? Like 3 wide x 4 tall or something?

Thanks. If streaming and playing in the webOS media player doesn't work, then I'm not sure what the problem is. I'll look into it more, but no promises...

Let's stay on topic and avoid hasty conclusions and name calling, shall we?
    Treorock was just having a bad day, don't you see his avatar? He's normally a quite tolerable chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorowan View Post
    Any news on this one? I have the same problem with drPodder v.0.6.7 but I do not use "delete when finished" option. I have a video feed with quite big episodes and only want to keep the most recent one (they appear weekly). It seems that "keep at most" is treated like chosen value + 1. I have another video feed set to "keep at most: 5" and drPodder keeps the last six episodes. Is this behaviour intended?
    Not "intended", but more, "untested". I really don't use this feature much, so didn't notice it had gone strange like this. I'll enter a bug to myself to look at it.
    I need to look into this again. In the past, webOS had this "gridView" list option, but I think they deprecated it. I really don't want to handle the grid code myself. What size were you thinking? Like 3 wide x 4 tall or something?

Thanks. If streaming and playing in the webOS media player doesn't work, then I'm not sure what the problem is. I'll look into it more, but no promises...

Treorock was just having a bad day, don't you see his avatar? He's normally a quite tolerable chap.

Not "intended", but more, "untested". I really don't use this feature much, so didn't notice it had gone strange like this. I'll enter a bug to myself to look at it.
    Yeah! 3x4 looks like a good setup. I was looking at Quick Contacts and it would be awesome if podcasts were on a grid. However, I'm pretty sure some people are going to request 4x5, but I guess it depends on how it gets implemented.

Sorry about the tone of my previous post Navelfluff. It was late and I was expecting to see a more positive reply to my post and I misread your post ....
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Just want to thank you for creating the best Podcasting client ever.
    I need to get to sleep but I am having a problem with drPodder.

There is a setting to either hide the podcast directories or not. You slide a switch from on to off or off to on.

Simple, but it's not working like that.

If you have it to hide the directory, when it create the directory it will make the directory with a preceding . in front of the name of the directory.

The period symbol lets the file system know to make it invisibility.

But for some reason, I have about 20 feeds and I have my drpodder,xml which I use to import into drpodder for easy setup. It comes in correctly with the correct setting but then all of a sudden, looks like when I leave the app and relaunch it it will change all the settings.

With out me doing anything.

Just to be sure, because I am so tired right now.

I have all settings set to allow for those directory to be seen.

However, drPodder after a few minutes decides to make all the directories invisible?

Any ideas on what is going on here?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

drPodder Media Importer 0.3.0.0 is released

It now support a local rss feed proxy/parser server which could fix:
    -xml file redirects (feed is downloaded by this app and parsed to webOS, NOT the media files)
    -large feeds (truncation)

Also local media RSS feed support: turn your local media files into RSS feeds. webOS/drPodder can now delete the physical media files like normal feeds.

Change log:

0.3.0.0 (Beta)

-Run a RSS feed server with IP/Port listen
    -Truncate existing web RSS feeds through local server
    -Proxy local media files into local rss feed server
    -Write local feed url to drpodder.xml for easy import
    -Configuration persistence, even on application update (user specific)
    -Configuration options:
    *Minimize On Start
    *Run Server On Start
    *Search Device On Start
    *IP Address Listen
    *Port Listen
    *Minimize To Tray
    *Server Shut Down Warning
    *Allways Show Tray Icon
    -Tray icon context menu (rigth-click) options
    -Better Error handling
    -Bug fix: sortOrder by pubDate element should now work correct (manual sort handling comming in later version)
    -Bug fix: clear USB Drive when no derive found

drPodder Media Importer thread
    Last edited by runebune; 04/18/2010 at 03:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Ahh, yes. This is a problem that we've had since the first release. And you'll experience it in the built-in music player, and any music player on webOS. It's been reported before, and I've pinged Palm before about it, but they have not fixed it yet. Guess it's time to bug them again. Squeaky wheel and all.

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=14&t=1675
    https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=80&t=5549
    DRNull, is Palm's Bug tracker Public? I couldn't find it on a cursory look but anything is possible. It's redic that a issue from sept and reported-to-bug tracker on NOV has made no movement (Unless it was fixed in 1.4.1, I've got VZW so I'm still stuck at 1.4, but I doubt something that big's been fixed in a minor update)
    hey DrNull,

I love this idea. The name of the podcast isn't so important to me yet takes up a lot of real estate. Maybe a 6x6 grid with just the icon and the 3 numbers below without the floppy, star, or pause icons.
    drnull -

Is there any way to listen to podcasts that are not on an rss or xml feed (i.e. mp3's just posted on a website) with DrPodder?

I tried placing several downloaded mp3 files into one of the existing podcast folders, but they didn't show up when I launched DrPodder & tried to find them.

Thanks!