View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 9 of 118 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    this app kicks ***
    Logged in just to comment on how awesome this app is.
    Can this not be installed with file coaster?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderCup View Post
    Can this not be installed with file coaster?
    You should be able to install it via file coaster, yes. I've tried on the emulator and it worked fine.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Looks great - wondering about the Video - actually - I tried throwing a .mov reference from revision3 in there (Tekzilla / HDNation) and while no video playback happened, I got sound.. Does this mean that Video is coming? Really it'd just be nice to have the app download the video locally. Also I noticed someone had mentioned scheduling - did I miss how that all works someplace else in the thread?

Otherwise AWESOME job. Totally would pay a buck or two or more for this - especially if Video support can be done..
    Last edited by cue79; 07/28/2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Spell Check
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79 View Post
    Looks great - wondering about the Video - actually - I tried throwing a .mov reference from revision3 in there (Tekzilla / HDNation) and while no video playback happened, I got sound.. Does this mean that Video is coming? Really it'd just be nice to have the app download the video locally. Also I noticed someone had mentioned scheduling - did I miss how that all works someplace else in the thread?
    Heh, no, don't get too excited about this idea. I have not done any research or coding for video playback yet. I would assume the audio player object just knows how to play the audio stream from video files. I'm going to be putting video off for a while, there's just too many other features that I want to work on before I go down that path. And, personally, my podcast consumption is commute material, and I'd probably get in an accident if I had the ability to do video podcasts.

There is no scheduling yet. That's one of the previously mentioned "other features" that I'm very interested in coding.
    This app rocks! Using it right now.
    great app dude. one question though, is there a a size limit on the podcast? all my podcast seem to download fine. but there is one that i cant download, errieradio podcast its normally a big file 100mb but it seems like its downloading but after a few seconds says done but there is nothing there. i have to delete it to be able to stream it

using my acer aspire tethered to my palm pre
    Love this app. Now if someone could write an app to listen to audible.com books, I could get rid of my iPod
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I would like to see the itunes radio stations available for streaming.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina26 View Post
    great app dude. one question though, is there a a size limit on the podcast? all my podcast seem to download fine. but there is one that i cant download, errieradio podcast its normally a big file 100mb but it seems like its downloading but after a few seconds says done but there is nothing there. i have to delete it to be able to stream it
    This is one of those podcasts that specify an enclosure that redirects to the real file. When I try to download it on the pre, I get a http 302 response saying resource relocated, but the pre doesn't automatically go grab the new link. I'll look into it.
    Does this work with AAC podcasts?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I haven't seen anybody else with the same issue, so maybe I'm doing something wrong:
    for all feeds I add, when they are first added there will be listings for previous episodes, however when I close the app they disappear
    This doesn't happen with the included feeds, just the new ones I add.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Great effort. My favorite sites are there, and it's effortless to select the episode I want. Kudos, mi amigo.
    I use my MP3 player more for podcasts and movies than music. I have a feature request.

Can you give us the option for a prompt when adding new feeds that asks how far back we'd like to download feeds? The prompt would simply ask for a date in the past to begin downloading feeds. I'm sure not everyone would want this feature as a default, which is why I'm asking for the option. There are a few podcasts that I'd like to catch up on and it's pretty tedious to individually select the episode for download, especially when there are more than just a few.

Thanks for this awesome app.
    Love this app, keep up the great work
    This is fantastic. Thank you!
    At first I was thinking the app wasn't working because it was doing nothing, but later on I figured I just had to wait for the episode to load. The wait is longer when the signal is slow or weak. Therefore, I propose you add the connection/buffering icon that tells the user that the app is loading the podcast. It works great though! I stopped listening to Buzz out load for some time after I got my Pre, but now I'm back on track.
    sweet thanks for the response

using my acer aspire tethered to my palm pre
    I deleted my OLD version of this App and then installed your latest version. The icon is on my Pre but when I click on it, the app loads to the main menu but there are no pictures of the podcasts as there were before. Also, when I click on say TWiT the screen turns blank white and nothing happens. Is anyone else getting this? What am I doing wrong?