View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 89 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3979848586878889909192939499 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Just curious, what is the motivation for wanting to always open in webOS player?
    I think one handy feature would be both the play controls in the notification bar and same for the lock screen.
  2. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Another feature request: Ability to set the feed to play continuously (i.e. one episode directly after the next.)

I've been using redbune's awesome application to import audio books and m3u playlists and it would be great to be able to have drPodder just start playing the next "chapter" when the current one ends. Right now, I have to manually start the next chapter.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OleM View Post
    For reasons I do not understand, I have difficulties adding certain podcasts to DrPodder. This is an example:

Podcast: Galileo
    Other feeds work fine, though. Is it a bug in DrPodder, or is the source of the feed borked? Any ideas?
    Hmm, bug is such a harsh word. podcast.de handles requests coming in from the Pre in a unique manner... When I was working with them to incorporate the search functionality for podcast.de, we found that if I set a flag on the request, the search worked, but without that flag, it failed with an error 500. That's what this url is doing.

I have now made the change to set that flag when doing feed requests as well. But I need to test that for a few days to ensure that it doesn't break other feeds. If it does, then I will have to put in a special case for "podcast.de" feeds (which would be annoying).

If everything goes well, this will be fixed in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I think one handy feature would be both the play controls in the notification bar and same for the lock screen.
    Yep, again, though, future direction (a feature for the next version) will have that.

Quote Originally Posted by MSB View Post
    Another feature request: Ability to set the feed to play continuously (i.e. one episode directly after the next.)

I've been using redbune's awesome application to import audio books and m3u playlists and it would be great to be able to have drPodder just start playing the next "chapter" when the current one ends. Right now, I have to manually start the next chapter.
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the media importer! It's neat to see community support grow up around a tool.

If you tap the feed title in the episode list, you have the choice to play from top or bottom. Try that, hopefully it will accomplish what you're trying to do.
  4. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the media importer! It's neat to see community support grow up around a tool.
    Yes, it's very cool. I know he's planning to do something along the lines of a "local" RSS feed that can transfer from your PC via WiFi. This will really take drPodder to a new level, in my opinion.

If you tap the feed title in the episode list, you have the choice to play from top or bottom. Try that, hopefully it will accomplish what you're trying to do.
    Damn, drNull, always one step ahead of me!

OK then, here's another one: With the ability of the media importer to add Audio books, m3u playlists, etc.. my list of feeds is getting pretty long. Do you have any plans to add the capability to organize the feeds? I was thinking folders, for example: News, Tech, Audio Books, Playlists, etc. or maybe "filters" on feed keywords that can be edited?
    try tapping the title next time. That toggles the visibility of the progres area.
    Thank you very much, and a big "Well, duhhh.." to me for missing such an obvious feature.

A couple of suggestions/questions for future features:

1. When viewing the episode list on a particular feed, would it be in any way possible to add the duration of each particular episode?

2. When you tap on an episode to play, could it be made to open in a new card, so that you could look at your feed list, or episode list from a different feed without interrupting the episode you're listening to?

Thanks for an awesome app!!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MSB View Post
    OK then, here's another one: With the ability of the media importer to add Audio books, m3u playlists, etc.. my list of feeds is getting pretty long. Do you have any plans to add the capability to organize the feeds? I was thinking folders, for example: News, Tech, Audio Books, Playlists, etc. or maybe "filters" on feed keywords that can be edited?
    Ya know, I hadn't planned anything like this. I always wanted to keep the interface simple and straightforward. As anti-apple as I've always been, it's sad to see them get folders before I do.

Just curious here, but what would the motivation for this as opposed to playlists be? I made playlists with the idea that you could group your podcasts off. What would the use case be for having a folder of feeds instead of just feeds and playlists? (this is the part of the feature request where you convince me. )
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    1. When viewing the episode list on a particular feed, would it be in any way possible to add the duration of each particular episode?

2. When you tap on an episode to play, could it be made to open in a new card, so that you could look at your feed list, or episode list from a different feed without interrupting the episode you're listening to?
    1. I'd like to do this, and it's possible for any episode that you have started playing. But webOS doesn't provide an API where I can query a .mp3 file or a stream URL and ask it what the length is. I'd have to create an audio object (huge overhead) and wait for it to load the data before I would have that information. Now, I could do that in the background, but I think performance would suffer. So for now, I don't think I'll be able to do this.

2. My idea here is to allow playback to continue after you leave the episode playback screen. Each screen then would have a "now playing" button at the bottom that would take you back to the player. Additionally, you'll have an optional dashboard when you leave the app to go somewhere else. I'd like to not open another card, just because that seems like a messy solution to me. Easier, but messy.

Sorry about #1, but does #2 sound good?
    2. My idea here is to allow playback to continue after you leave the episode playback screen. Each screen then would have a "now playing" button at the bottom that would take you back to the player. Additionally, you'll have an optional dashboard when you leave the app to go somewhere else. I'd like to not open another card, just because that seems like a messy solution to me. Easier, but messy.

That would be pretty cool. Thanks!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Sounds great to me! This is a feature I have been hoping for... be able to go back to the podcast list, start downloading another episode, clean out unwanted episodes, etc.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Thanks for the details, specifically the exact feed you were experiencing this issue with. Until I used that feed, I've not seen this issue. This is why specific bug reports are A Good Thing (tm).

Totally understand, and I apologize. Normally when things go wrong, users can still get away with either streaming or downloading. Unfortunately, in this case, both methods are acting up for this podcast. I'll see what I can find out. Thanks again for taking the time to give a detailed report!
    Hi drNull... any progress on this specific issue? Thanks again for an awesome app.
    Is there a way to get an episode's link copied to the clipboard?

I wanted to tell some friends about a particular episode that I thought they'd like. I know we can use the Share Episode feature to generate an email, but I really wanted to send the link out through Twitter / FB. Couldn't figure out how to get the link onto the clipboard to paste into the apps for those services.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    i have a 0.6.4 paid version of the app...

this has just happened once and just want to report. I have the habit of downloading episodes for podcasts using drpodder. I just downloaded the latest engadget episode and then when i tap it to play, it just doesnt play... it is steadily on "seeking".
    So when you say it just happened once, do you mean that you backed out, then tried again and it worked? If that's the case, it's probably just an instance of webOS's audio system being hosed, and needing to reinitialize itself. (I know, it sounds like I'm passing the buck... but webOS can be . . . flakey sometimes)
    when i said once, it was just this particular episode. i tried resetting and still no go for this episode. yes i tried backing up and tried it again, but still seeking. I also tried deleting the episode and re-downloaded it and still "Seeking"

I ended up streaming the podcast using the link in the shownotes in your program. streamed it via the browser. (didnt know you can do that, on hindsight i should have just streamed in your app! ).

anyway, it might be the flakey webos! just want to help.

really great program!
    hi drnull,

i think there is really a problem with the engadget feed that i am getting... i tried downloading it again but didn't play. i tried streaming it, but it didn't either.

i ended up streaming using the browser link again.
  13. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post

I wanted to tell some friends about a particular episode that I thought they'd like. I know we can use the Share Episode feature to generate an email, but I really wanted to send the link out through Twitter / FB. Couldn't figure out how to get the link onto the clipboard to paste into the apps for those services.
    When you generate the Share Episode e-mail, the podcast URL is listed at the end of the e-mail. You can just copy it from there (hold the shift key and drag the pointer, and then copy via keyboard/gesture area or edit menu options), and then paste it into your applicable Twitter/Facebook client. I think that should do what you're trying to achieve, right?
    Did someone mention audio books? Audibile.com claims they are working an app but everyone doubts it.

I would love someone to add Audible.com books and of course keep the drm so they don't have a hissy fit.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzk3 View Post
    Hi drNull... any progress on this specific issue? Thanks again for an awesome app.
    Hmm, ya know, I reproduced this (bookmark not resuming) once last week, but now it seems to work fine. I'll continue poking at it (and I'll look over my commits to see if I did something that might have fixed it.)

Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    Great idea (and simple to add), I'll add that to the next version. Instead of "Share Episode" being a direct choice, it will be a drop down with Email, Copy URL, and Copy Feed. I really don't want to get into the game of posting things to twitter or facebook for you (frankly, I really don't like apps that do that). But that should give you what you need.

I wish you could just Orange-Tap on an email that you were composing (the email that comes up when you tap Share Episode), but for some reason that doesn't work. You could always email it to yourself, open the email, orange tap . . . yeah, right. I'll add the other options.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    hi drnull,

i think there is really a problem with the engadget feed that i am getting... i tried downloading it again but didn't play. i tried streaming it, but it didn't either.

i ended up streaming using the browser link again.
    Hey John,

Try using the "report a problem" link for the episode that is giving you trouble or just post the url you have for engadget here. If you're using the "default feeds" engadget feed then the url you have isn't the problem, as it's working for me and many others, I'm sure.
    Hey John,

Try using the "report a problem" link for the episode that is giving you trouble or just post the url you have for engadget here. If you're using the "default feeds" engadget feed then the url you have isn't the problem, as it's working for me and many others, I'm sure.
    just sent the email.

thanks. I think the engadget link came from the podcatcher. not from the default feed.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    just sent the email.

thanks. I think the engadget link came from the podcatcher. not from the default feed.
    Excellent, thanks for helping me track this down. That's the "aac" link instead of the mp3 link. aac support can be flakey sometimes in webOS. Try this one instead:
    http://podcasts.engadget.com/rss.xml
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    When you generate the Share Episode e-mail, the podcast URL is listed at the end of the e-mail...
    Hi ay, thanks for the response. That's actually the feed URL, whereas I'm trying to capture the specific episode's URL. In the email, the episode URL shows as the title, and when I copy that, I just get the text of the title, not the underlying link.

...I'll add that to the next version. Instead of "Share Episode" being a direct choice, it will be a drop down with Email, Copy URL, and Copy Feed. I really don't want to get into the game of posting things to twitter or facebook for you (frankly, I really don't like apps that do that). But that should give you what you need...
    Thanks! And I agree about not having the app post directly. I'd much rather just have the link to do with as I please.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Hi,

It's been a long time since I've needed some help.

I had to doctor my phone and have drPodder IMPORT my feeds.

I've never had an issue before using the Import function.

But this time around it is only importing 3 feeds, the first 3 in the list of about 10.

I checked the file and nothing looks wrong, and I've used it before.

I've uploaded it and attached it so you can look at it to see if you can find the problem.

Note: I had to rename it to drpodder.txt to be able to upload it, it is normally named drpodder.xml.

Thanks for you help!

Rob

UPDATE: I found the problem, it was missing a space towards the end of a line.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 04/14/2010 at 02:20 AM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)