View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 88 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3878838485868788899091929398 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runebune View Post
    for me it would be to always be able to use drpodder even when playing a video, be cause webOS don't support pause/resume video. I just let the video card sit there until I have time to see the rest like resume on audio files. This way I can update feeds without breaking the video.
    Gotcha. Well... the direction I'm headed in the future will hopefully solve this problem. First, video playback will eventually be brought into drPodder, so that would solve the resuming problem. Second, continuous playback (of audio at first, but eventually of video as well) will be allowed as you move throughout the app (if you so desire).

I still have to figure out exactly how that second part will work (especially the video...) but I think it's possible based on some experimenting I've done.

Anyway, I don't think I'll add it as a preference, sorry.
    drnull: i recently purchased drPodder from the app catalog and have a few questions:

Sometimes when I tap on the button to jump 20 seconds ahead, the TIME will show 20 seconds later, but the SOUND will actually back up a half second or so, and will repeat what I just heard. Any idea what causes that?

Secondly, I had mentioned in an earlier post about the inability to download episodes from http://podcast.outloudopinion.com/cr...torspublic.xml - I can stream the podcasts, but when I try to download it starts and then quits right away. Somebody replied to that post and referred me to an earlier part of the thread, but I really wasn't able to find any information that would help me solve the problem of not being able to download the podcasts.

Last, I have not been able to either stream or download when I am in a 1x coverage area. Works fine if I have Ev or am using wifi. Is that normal?

Thanks!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Gotcha. Well... the direction I'm headed in the future will hopefully solve this problem. First, video playback will eventually be brought into drPodder, so that would solve the resuming problem. Second, continuous playback (of audio at first, but eventually of video as well) will be allowed as you move throughout the app (if you so desire).

I still have to figure out exactly how that second part will work (especially the video...) but I think it's possible based on some experimenting I've done.

Anyway, I don't think I'll add it as a preference, sorry.
    you say that video playback will eventually be brought into drPodder? I does already support video playback? but just not pause/resume feature, is that what you mean?
    I don't get the continuous playback feature you are talking about. Does it mean that it plays even when you swipe back to the feed and the rest of the drPodder app?
    From my understanding of things: video playback is currently handled by just passing a link/file location to the video player application. What he wants to do is have the video player be part of the drPodder window.

As for continuous playback, I think that means that he wants to have the file continue playing in drPodder even if you're browsing other feeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    From my understanding of things: video playback is currently handled by just passing a link/file location to the video player application. What he wants to do is have the video player be part of the drPodder window.

As for continuous playback, I think that means that he wants to have the file continue playing in drPodder even if you're browsing other feeds.
    The last thing I think you are right, but the first thing... well as it is now you can just play a video and it runs in the same card as drPodder, or you can fire up the second video card (webOS media player) and run it there.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    drnull: i recently purchased drPodder from the app catalog and have a few questions:

Sometimes when I tap on the button to jump 20 seconds ahead, the TIME will show 20 seconds later, but the SOUND will actually back up a half second or so, and will repeat what I just heard. Any idea what causes that?

Secondly, I had mentioned in an earlier post about the inability to download episodes from [url] - I can stream the podcasts, but when I try to download it starts and then quits right away. Somebody replied to that post and referred me to an earlier part of the thread, but I really wasn't able to find any information that would help me solve the problem of not being able to download the podcasts.

Last, I have not been able to either stream or download when I am in a 1x coverage area. Works fine if I have Ev or am using wifi. Is that normal?

Thanks!
    on your second point - I use http://www.outloudopinion.com/category/podcasts/outloudopinion-podcasts/feed/ this link. While I am not sure if that is the same thing you are looking for it does function correctly for me.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runebune View Post
    The last thing I think you are right, but the first thing... well as it is now you can just play a video and it runs in the same card as drPodder, or you can fire up the second video card (webOS media player) and run it there.
    yes, it runs in the same card. But it is the webOS player that is playing the video, not a player I have control over.

once I am playing the video in a player that I have control over, resume, bookmarking, mark as old, and playlists will work with videos.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts

Secondly, I had mentioned in an earlier post about the inability to download episodes from [url] - I can stream the podcasts, but when I try to download it starts and then quits right away. Somebody replied to that post and referred me to an earlier part of the thread, but I really wasn't able to find any information that would help me solve the problem of not being able to download the podcasts.

Thanks!
    First point: that's a webOS bug. I'll get you the link tomorrow (not at a computer currently)
    EDIT: here's the link https://developer.palm.com/distribution/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1675

Second point: the update was just approved for drPodder 0.6.7 in the app catalog. Check there for the download fix.

Third: I thought I had fixed the issue with 1x downloads. Can you try it again once you update to the latest, and if it doesn't work, please use the report a problem link while viewing the episode list for a feed that will not stream or download over 1x.

thanks!
    Last edited by drnull; 04/09/2010 at 11:12 AM.
    Second point: the update was just approved for drPodder 0.6.7 in the app catalog. Check there for the download fix.

Third: I thought I had fixed the issue with 1x downloads. Can you try it again once you update to the latest, and if it doesn't work, please use the report a problem link while viewing the episode list for a feed that will not stream or download over 1x.
    Just updated, the download is now working. :-)

On the 1x issue, don't know when I will be able to check that, we have good coverage where I live. I was driving home from my son's house in Mississippi earlier this week, and there was only 1x coverage from just a few miles south of Memphis past Tupelo. Will check when I get a chance.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    Having problems since version 0.5.7 and each version after. Each time I try to add The Cell Phone Junkie feed, either manually or your search it locks up the phone(Sprint Pre, firmware 1.4.0) and drPodder HB, now with 0.5.9, all the same problem. Says memory critical, to many cards open. I have to take the battery out to work again. I added another feed with no problem, but, for some reason, it has a problem with The Cell Phone Junkie feed. I did work fine with version 0.5.4. Can you please try adding TCPJ regular feed, not unlocked, to see if it is just specific to my Pre or is it a global problem. Thanks. Great program otherwise.
    Even with the new update 0.66 drPodder HB, The Cell Phone Junkie rss feed still doesn't work. I causes the same lockup and still says memory critical and too many cards open, even though there were no other cards open.

Here is the feed: The Cell Phone Junkie

I am still not sure if it a drPodder problem or the TCPJ problems, but it is libsyn though, which was said to be fixed.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    Even with the new update 0.66 drPodder HB, The Cell Phone Junkie rss feed still doesn't work. I causes the same lockup and still says memory critical and too many cards open, even though there were no other cards open.

Here is the feed: The Cell Phone Junkie

I am still not sure if it a drPodder problem or the TCPJ problems, but it is libsyn though, which was said to be fixed.
    That's different from the libsyn problem. This is a webOS bug, TCPJ used to load fine, but broke in webOS 1.4. See the following for confirmation from Palm.
    https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=11&t=6322

The suggestion previously in this thread was to use the last 50 link:
    The Cell Phone Junkie
    That's different from the libsyn problem. This is a webOS bug, TCPJ used to load fine, but broke in webOS 1.4. See the following for confirmation from Palm.
    https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=11&t=6322

The suggestion previously in this thread was to use the last 50 link:
    The Cell Phone Junkie
    Thanks,

Sorry about the repeat.

The last 50 worked
    Often times on the playback screen, the "slider" that shows progress in the episode and time left mysteriously disappears. Usually when I've placed drPodder in card view and have been using other apps and go back to it later.

What causes this? The only way I've found to get the slider back is to back out of the currently playing episode to the episode list, and then tap on the same episode again to resume, and the slider is there again. Is there an easier way?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

14. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    drnull,

I thought you might get a kick out of all of us flaming an individual who trashed DrPodder because he/she apparently doesn't understand the difference between a podcast directory and a podcast player (even when the player, such as DrPodder, might conveniently provide direct access to podcast directories for anyone who would like to use them).

forums.precentral.net/webos-apps-software/241027-drpodder-sucks.html#post2372056
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Often times on the playback screen, the "slider" that shows progress in the episode and time left mysteriously disappears. Usually when I've placed drPodder in card view and have been using other apps and go back to it later.

What causes this? The only way I've found to get the slider back is to back out of the currently playing episode to the episode list, and then tap on the same episode again to resume, and the slider is there again. Is there an easier way?
    try tapping the title next time. That toggles the visibility of the progres area.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I have been looking for a good podcast solution for a long time but I never discovered this in the app store. Can you add some keywords or something? I likely searched on terms like 'podcast' and whatnot. This is a great application and I was curious if there were any benefits to buying the App Store version? I'd rather just PayPal you a larger donation directly so you get the full amount (-PayPal's cut) unless there is a compelling reason to go through the store.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    hi, these two days i have an issue with drpodder.
    after i start the application, it comes to the "loading feed list" page and then crash. The phone then will restart. I am using the latest version.
    do you have any idea which may cause this? Thank you very much.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skibbs View Post
    I have been looking for a good podcast solution for a long time but I never discovered this in the app store. Can you add some keywords or something? I likely searched on terms like 'podcast' and whatnot. This is a great application and I was curious if there were any benefits to buying the App Store version? I'd rather just PayPal you a larger donation directly so you get the full amount (-PayPal's cut) unless there is a compelling reason to go through the store.
    Strange... I search on podcast and it shows up. I did read that there were some app catalog search problems earlier... maybe that's what was going on.

Anyway, no difference between the two versions. The homebrew version will be updated a bit more, probably, and quicker. But it might be unstable (although it's the version I use, obviously, so I'll try to keep it as stable as possible). Plus, updating it is a bit more user-initiated instead of being handled by the system.

Adding another purchase to the Hot Apps program for me always helps. (There's a competition at Palm where the top apps get $$ rewards). But it's up to you. Donations are appreciated, but have never been required for any extra features or anything silly like that.

Quote Originally Posted by try0625 View Post
    hi, these two days i have an issue with drpodder.
    after i start the application, it comes to the "loading feed list" page and then crash. The phone then will restart. I am using the latest version.
    do you have any idea which may cause this? Thank you very much.
    Do you remember what the most recent feed/feeds you added was?
    If possible, you could get me the .db file using the following method and I could try to troubleshoot the issue myself:
    First, ensure you don't have the "show hidden files" option set in windows.

To check, follow the first 4 steps from the "Creating drpodder.xml" section of this guide: drPodder : Export/Import OPML then see if you can find the .app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.drnull.drpodder-hb_0\ folder

Alternatively, you could try just doing Start->run and typing in:
    E:\.app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.drnull.drpodder-hb_0\
    (where "E" is the drive of your Pre).

If either of those methods work and you can email that file (the actual file, not the path to the file) to support@drpodder.com, that would be helpful. It should be a couple of megs in size.
    If you are using the app catalog version, then drpodder-hb_0 in the above quote should just be drpodder_0.
    Strange... I search on podcast and it shows up. I did read that there were some app catalog search problems earlier... maybe that's what was going on.

Anyway, no difference between the two versions. The homebrew version will be updated a bit more, probably, and quicker. But it might be unstable (although it's the version I use, obviously, so I'll try to keep it as stable as possible). Plus, updating it is a bit more user-initiated instead of being handled by the system.

Adding another purchase to the Hot Apps program for me always helps. (There's a competition at Palm where the top apps get $$ rewards). But it's up to you. Donations are appreciated, but have never been required for any extra features or anything silly like that.

Do you remember what the most recent feed/feeds you added was?
    If possible, you could get me the .db file using the following method and I could try to troubleshoot the issue myself:

If you are using the app catalog version, then drpodder-hb_0 in the above quote should just be drpodder_0.
    if anybody has problems with finding the path or file to the drpodder database, drpodder media importer can fetch it for you. Application thread here. Supports both catalogue and hb version.
    Last edited by runebune; 04/11/2010 at 10:09 AM.
    I'd like to jump on the train of obeisance and thank you (drnull) for this great app. I use and enjoy drPodder regularly. Kudos for having it open source!

For reasons I do not understand, I have difficulties adding certain podcasts to DrPodder. This is an example:

Podcast: Galileo

Other feeds work fine, though. Is it a bug in DrPodder, or is the source of the feed borked? Any ideas?

OleM