View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 86 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Very sorry about that. As soon as Palm approves the update you can update to 0.6.4 which should solve the problem. Is your Pre set to a language other than English?
    Thanx for your fast reply. I'll still wait until the update is in the catalog.

Greetings,
    Farlo
    So hurry up Palm! (I'm too stuck with the non working 0.6.0 on my german pre)

drnull, thank you for the quick update on your side!
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I saw something similar to this problem earlier, but it wasn't QUITE the same, so I thought I would post this:
    I have been running DrPodder for about a month and a half now. I have about 15 feeds, mostly from podiobooks.com. After this last update, I can no longer download new episodes, whereas before I could. This is the case for all of my podcasts, except for the two from howstuffworks.com. That is to say, none of my podiobooks.com or escape artists inc. episodes will download now. Is this a known bug, or am I the odd man out?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by licensedorchid View Post
    I saw something similar to this problem earlier, but it wasn't QUITE the same, so I thought I would post this:
    I have been running DrPodder for about a month and a half now. I have about 15 feeds, mostly from podiobooks.com. After this last update, I can no longer download new episodes, whereas before I could. This is the case for all of my podcasts, except for the two from howstuffworks.com. That is to say, none of my podiobooks.com or escape artists inc. episodes will download now. Is this a known bug, or am I the odd man out?
    I'll look into this, but could you post some example feeds (or use the "Report a Problem" menu choice in drPodder)? (like, the actual URL that you are using, just so I can make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree. )
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Apparently podiobooks uses libsyn for their file hosting/redirection. That site uses the lowercase "location" tag instead of the uppercase "Location" tag. I am guessing that is the problem with the other podcasts as well.

I don't understand why we have started having all these issues recently. I don't believe that part of webOS has changed. My only guess is that libsyn has started using the lowercase tag recently.

I really wish they'd change it back...

EDIT: Here's a link to where I mentioned this earlier.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2340325
    Last edited by drnull; 04/02/2010 at 01:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I know this is a dumb comment, but can you pipe the L/location tag through a regex to do matching, or throw in an ugly-but-functional if/else statement?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by licensedorchid View Post
    I know this is a dumb comment, but can you pipe the L/location tag through a regex to do matching, or throw in an ugly-but-functional if/else statement?
    I would love to. But I don't have control of the code that is doing this. I ask webOS to fetch a url, and webOS gives me the contents. webOS is responsible all the redirection handling. So until Palm fixes this problem... Sorry, I've got nothing.

Ideas:
    - You can send email to support@libsyn.com asking them to change the redirection links back to UPPER CASE "Location".

- You could email the podcast provider asking them to fix this problem (most of them are using libsyn and they will, in turn, bug libsyn about it).

- You could email Palm asking them to fix this bug.

I've done all these things (repeatedly)...
    I love this app...that is all.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Ok, looks like 0.6.4 should be hitting the App Catalog soon (within the next hour or so). Hopefully that fixes the internationalization error that German users were seeing. Please let me know if it's better now.
    Update is available in the app catalog. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I just installed the newest version, but when I try to add a Feed the "Add Feed" button is missing. How do I save my settings? It is there on my brothers phone.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trukansan View Post
    I just installed the newest version, but when I try to add a Feed the "Add Feed" button is missing. How do I save my settings? It is there on my brothers phone.
    Back-swipe to add the feed or save changes (if you are editing)
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Hi,

ever since I updated from the official 0.6.0 to 0.6.4 on my Sprint Palm Pre (latest firmware 1.4.1.1) I am experiencing download problems with some podcast feeds. drPodder will attempt a download but then stops after about 3 seconds (the spinner appears briefly). After that there will be only a small (a few kB large) mp3 file in the respective folder. Strangely drPodder will stream those specific podcast streams just fine. When I try the same feeds on my PC I can download the whole mp3 files; so it appears it's not a problem with those feeds (they also worked with 0.6.0). Most of my podcast feeds still download with 0.6.4 though.

Here're a few examples of feeds I have problems with:
    Amateur Traveler Podcast - the best places to travel to
    The Candid Frame: A Photography Podcast
    The Roadhouse

Perhaps you could take a look to find out what is broken or what I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks.
    Last edited by STBXXL; 04/05/2010 at 11:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    [snip]

Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Yup, I was just about to write in that The Roadhouse stopped working for me too! The log says "error: CompletionStatusCode=302, file=/media/internal/drPodder/.The Roadhouse/The Roadhouse 267-20100403.mp3"

302 is a redirect, right? So must be some form of the webOS bug everyone else is seeing. FYI, I am also having the same problem with Basic Brewing Radio (http://www.basicbrewing.com/radio/radio.rss)

Nick
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nxg125 View Post
    302 is a redirect, right? So must be some form of the webOS bug everyone else is seeing. FYI, I am also having the same problem with Basic Brewing Radio (http://www.basicbrewing.com/radio/radio.rss)
    I'm quoting below what I've said about this over the past few days. Basically any podcast that uses libsyn (I know, there's no way for you to know which ones those are) is going to fail. Basically, if you see it starting to download and then it fails... it's probably this bug. webOS doesn't recognize the lowercase "location" header that is used for redirection. libsyn has recently (I believe) changed their redirect headers (on some servers) to "location" instead of "Location".

Could anybody who is experiencing this problem let me know when you started seeing it?

Just to followup on this: yes, it's the redirection bug that unwiredben mentions here: https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p=24594#p24594

I checked the output using curl and sure enough, the last redirect uses a "location" header instead of a "Location" header like all the other redirects. That's why it fails.

I will ask if this fix will make it into 1.4.1, but I really doubt it will. They tend to freeze the feature set once a beta is released. Maybe since this is a bug they will reconsider. We'll see.
    I would love to. But I don't have control of the code that is doing this. I ask webOS to fetch a url, and webOS gives me the contents. webOS is responsible all the redirection handling. So until Palm fixes this problem... Sorry, I've got nothing.

Ideas:
    - You can send email to support@libsyn.com asking them to change the redirection links back to UPPER CASE "Location".

- You could email the podcast provider asking them to fix this problem (most of them are using libsyn and they will, in turn, bug libsyn about it).

- You could email Palm asking them to fix this bug.

I've done all these things (repeatedly)...
    Also, libsyn isn't responding to my email...

So... If you're experiencing problems downloading: Please email the following to support@libsyn.com

Hello Libsyn support,

I use the podcatcher drPodder on Palm webOS to listen to the podcast ___________ (please fill this in).

Recently, Libsyn changed the header for redirection from an upper-case "Location:" to a lower-case "location:". This change exposed a bug in webOS where lower-case "location:" headers aren't followed. Palm has acknowledged this bug, and plans to fix it (https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p=24594#p24594).

However, until Palm fixes this bug, I am unable to download episodes from this podcast since they go through Libsyn's redirection.

I would really appreciate it if Libsyn would change the headers back to upper-case "Location:" tags.

Thanks

Yep, I think I see the commit where I botched that "workaround". It was a nasty workaround in the first place, no wonder I broke it. And still it only works some of the time.

I'll go ahead and get this workaround . . . <ahem> working again, and get a new HB version up in the next few days. Maybe that will take care of at least 90% of the emails I've been seeing about this problem.
    Last edited by drnull; 04/05/2010 at 01:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Could anybody who is experiencing this problem let me know when you started seeing it?
    I don't remember exactly, but The Roadhouse comes out weekly. I was able to download the March 20th episode, but not the March 27th one, so some time during that week.

One weird thing (weird to me at least) is that downloading doesn't work, but streaming appears to!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    It started for me when I updated from 0.6.0 to 0.6.4 (both from the official Apps Catalog).
    I just recently purchased drPodder from the app catalog. One of the feeds I subscribe is OutloudOpinion. The podcasts will stream but they won't download -- the indicator turns red and the spinner starts, but after one or two seconds it stops abruptly and goes back to the episode list.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    jjeffcoat,

Check out the discussion staring on page 86 (post 1663) which describes a syntax "error" on the hosts side which prevents downloading of podcasts. I'd post the link but for some reason I can't get it to work properly..

Dang I hate getting up in the middle of the morning for conference calls! :-(
    Last edited by DavidJ; 04/06/2010 at 02:43 AM. Reason: correct hyperlink
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    One of the problems that I've been having lately, in both the homebrew and the paid version, is resuming a streamed podcast. If I am listening to a podcast that I've started to stream, then I back-swipe (to go back to the list), and then return to that podcast, the marker will return to the same point where I left off, but it will just get stuck on "Buffering."

I end up having to download the episode to be able to listen to the rest of it.

Anyone else experiencing this? Seems like it started happening sometime around when webOS 1.4 came out, though I can't pinpoint it exactly. I'm really hoping this can be fixed soon... I like this app so much that it's the only one I have actually spent money on!