View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

    360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

    89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

    42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

    39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

    54 9.25%
Page 85 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
  1. spyderekz's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #1681  
    I bet i drove drnull crazy with these damn long Spanish words
  2. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1682  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderekz View Post
    I bet i drove drnull crazy with these damn long Spanish words
    Talk to @tklr... Have you ever seen German?
  3. #1683  
    Just wanted to thank you for this app. I use it daily. I just sent you a small donation through paypal. I figured it would be better than buying it from the app catalog since you get 100% of the money. Thanks again!
  4. provis's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #1684  
    Hi drnull,

    Again thanks for the great app. I'm sorry if someone already asked this. I tried to browse through and didn't see anything.

    I know the app is currently in app catalog approval limbo but I was curious for those of us who purchased the app catalog version if you would still recommend using the hb version. I was more than happy to pay for the app but was curious if there will ever be any distinguishing factors between the free hb version and paid catalog versions. Most apps that I have had from HB that graduated up to the Catalog stopped updating or intentionally left out features once they made the transition and I wondered if you had any intention of doing the same.

    Thanks!
  5. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1685  
    Quote Originally Posted by backlund View Post
    Just wanted to thank you for this app. I use it daily. I just sent you a small donation through paypal. I figured it would be better than buying it from the app catalog since you get 100% of the money.
    Thanks! Frankly, every little bit helps in the "Hot Apps" competition, but I imagine the best I can do is make it into the top 221, not the top 21.

    Quote Originally Posted by pROvIs View Post
    I know the app is currently in app catalog approval limbo but I was curious for those of us who purchased the app catalog version if you would still recommend using the hb version. I was more than happy to pay for the app but was curious if there will ever be any distinguishing factors between the free hb version and paid catalog versions. Most apps that I have had from HB that graduated up to the Catalog stopped updating or intentionally left out features once they made the transition and I wondered if you had any intention of doing the same.
    Here's what I've said about that:
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    The App Catalog version will have no new features. I've received very valuable feedback from the homebrew community. You've given bug reports, feature suggestions (downright demands sometimes! ) The least I can do is continue offering drPodder for free here. If you want to support me through the catalog, that's great! If not, well, it's open source anyways.
    To sum up: all features will be available in Homebrew first (because they need to be tested), then they will migrate to the App Catalog version. drPodder is open source. You could go get the source and build it yourself for free. Precentral is a great testing area, so it's offered there for free. Distribution through the catalog is where I charge $1 for the distribution.

    As for different feature sets. Ugh, that's just a maintenance nightmare. No thanks. That's one of the reasons I moved drPodder out of the com.palm domain even in homebrew. I don't want to use anything in homebrew that I can't use in the catalog.

    Which should you use? Well, you could get the latest from git.webos-internals.org Git and built it yourself, and you would have the bleeding edge version that way. Also, you'd have lots of bugs. You can use the homebrew version, which I try VERY VERY hard not to break. Or you could use the App Catalog version, which should always be well tested and very stable (baring webOS upgrades that break backwards compatibility).

    You have choices.
  6. stbxxl's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #1686  
    Just updated to the "official" version 0.6.0 in the Apps Catalog. Thanks for the continued development of this fantastic application.

    I hope that some of the suggestions I made will make it some time.
  7. #1687  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Just updated to the "official" version 0.6.0 in the Apps Catalog. Thanks for the continued development of this fantastic application.

    I hope that some of the suggestions I made will make it some time.
    I just updated as well and I agree with the sentiment expressed. Excellent work, fantastic app!
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  8. #1688  
    Quote Originally Posted by cstam View Post
    First off, Great program! I use it for hours at a time daily. However, since I have my phone locked after 60 seconds it is a pain to constantly unlock pause, do whatever needs my attention and then unlock, play again. I am now at the point where I unplug my headphones to pause the feed and then go in and press play normally. This is not the ideal solution. I would love to be able to control (at least) play and pause from the notification area when I'm multitasking and more importantly from the lock screen, in the same way that the music app and music remix work. Is there a way you can figure that out, it would make the app so much more valuable to me.
    Thanks.
    I think this would be great as well, is this a possiblity? Dr Podder is my most used and favorite app, thank you.
  9. #1689  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Thanks! Frankly, every little bit helps in the "Hot Apps" competition, but I imagine the best I can do is make it into the top 221, not the top 21.



    Here's what I've said about that:

    To sum up: all features will be available in Homebrew first (because they need to be tested), then they will migrate to the App Catalog version. drPodder is open source. You could go get the source and build it yourself for free. Precentral is a great testing area, so it's offered there for free. Distribution through the catalog is where I charge $1 for the distribution.

    As for different feature sets. Ugh, that's just a maintenance nightmare. No thanks. That's one of the reasons I moved drPodder out of the com.palm domain even in homebrew. I don't want to use anything in homebrew that I can't use in the catalog.

    Which should you use? Well, you could get the latest from git.webos-internals.org Git and built it yourself, and you would have the bleeding edge version that way. Also, you'd have lots of bugs. You can use the homebrew version, which I try VERY VERY hard not to break. Or you could use the App Catalog version, which should always be well tested and very stable (baring webOS upgrades that break backwards compatibility).

    You have choices.
    I don't have any issues with the new version, the card now opens like nothing happened.
    Thank you for your work and for making it open source.
    As soon as I get the 1.4.1 WebOS update I'll be buying from the app catalog.
  10. #1690  
    My engadget podcast never shows its thumbnail picture. I have gone to the folder and added a 300x300 JPG picture and specified where to find the picture on the podcast and it still doesn't work. Any ideas on how to fix this?
  11. jstew10's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #1691  
    Yo Doc, why you so good?!

    I love the transition options (as you said, makes this feel more webOSie) and all the new features. I still think you're crazy for selling this for $1... it's the best app available for the Pre!! I litterally have not used my ipod once since downloading the homebrew version of this app months ago.

    Thanks for continuing to make this app awesome. And in case you weren't feeling loved enough, consider this: the more reviews an app gets in the catalog, the lower the rating is. The only exception? DrPodder with 262 reviews and a 5 star rating!!

    PS - +1 for the dashboard and lock screen controls. That would be great.
    Last edited by jstew10; 03/31/2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Reading other comments...
  12. #1692  
    I had to do a partial erase on my Pre so I decided to buy the app store version of Drpodder. I have only a couple of podcasts I like to listen to and so I decided to type in the URL in the "Add Podcast XML Feed" screen. I typed in the URL, added a title and now I find only a cancel button at the bottom. No "Update" or "add" or any way that I can figure to continue on this screen and actually add the podcast. I have scrolled to the bottom and "Episode title replacements" is the last option after "Feed Options." I am stumped. What am I missing?
  13. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1693  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I hope that some of the suggestions I made will make it some time.
    I had forgotten about the sleep timer. I added it to the trac system so I can see it occasionally when I'm looking for something to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    I think this would be great as well, is this a possiblity? Dr Podder is my most used and favorite app, thank you.
    Dashboard (and lock screen) controls is one of the things I want to do next. I never really thought about what a royal pain it must be for those of you who use PIN locks. How frustrating! Once I get this Spanish/German localization cleared up and in the catalog, I'll start on this one next. It will be optional, as some people don't like dashboard stuff popping up when you leave a program.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    My engadget podcast never shows its thumbnail picture. I have gone to the folder and added a 300x300 JPG picture and specified where to find the picture on the podcast and it still doesn't work. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Some picture formats are supported, some aren't. Try this one.
    I filed a bug on this a while back, I need to bump it after I make sure it is still reproducible.
    https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=80&t=1046

    Quote Originally Posted by gworrel View Post
    I had to do a partial erase on my Pre so I decided to buy the app store version of Drpodder. I have only a couple of podcasts I like to listen to and so I decided to type in the URL in the "Add Podcast XML Feed" screen. I typed in the URL, added a title and now I find only a cancel button at the bottom. No "Update" or "add" or any way that I can figure to continue on this screen and actually add the podcast. I have scrolled to the bottom and "Episode title replacements" is the last option after "Feed Options." I am stumped. What am I missing?
    Yes, I am attempting to be more "webOS-ie" at the request of others here. You just "back-swipe" and it adds it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14. jdevora's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #1694  
    hi
    I don't have the "non starting" issue any more Thanks

    Now that we have the paid apps in the Spanish cat I was looking for DrPodder for make my contribution and I couldn't find it Is it on its way?
    Cheers
    JuanDavi
  15. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1695  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevora View Post
    hi
    I don't have the "non starting" issue any more Thanks

    Now that we have the paid apps in the Spanish cat I was looking for DrPodder for make my contribution and I couldn't find it Is it on its way?
    Cheers
    JuanDavi
    Great news! Hmm, I wonder if the problem with drPodder not starting was related to the "es" translation I had started... I had seen that problem in the emulator before when I messed up the translation file's format.

    I don't know why Palm hasn't approved the metadata update yet. I submitted the update last night, and Palm said that metadata updates should be fast. Kinda frustrating.

    EDIT:
    I spoke too soon. Palm came through with a late afternoon push to get the metadata updated. drPodder is available everywhere apps are sold.
    Last edited by drnull; 04/01/2010 at 10:10 PM.
  16. #1696  
    Hi,

    I'm in germany and able to get paid apps since yesterday. Today morning I found drPodder at the app catalog. But it won't start. I restarted my phone, reinstalled the app - nothing. The app won't start anytime.

    I've got release 0.6.0 through the app catalog. And I haven't installed any patches, homebrew or anything like that. I only use the offical app catalog.

    Is this a known problem and when will you provide a fix ?

    Thanx,
    Farlowella
  17. shinebar's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #1697  
    Quote Originally Posted by farlowella View Post
    Hi,

    I'm in germany and able to get paid apps since yesterday. Today morning I found drPodder at the app catalog. But it won't start. I restarted my phone, reinstalled the app - nothing. The app won't start anytime.
    Same here (actually in Hamburg too). I "upgraded" from the HB-version and the app-catalog version won't start up. Even removed all folders from DrPodder-HB.
  18. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1698  
    Quote Originally Posted by shinebar View Post
    Same here (actually in Hamburg too). I "upgraded" from the HB-version and the app-catalog version won't start up. Even removed all folders from DrPodder-HB.
    Quote Originally Posted by farlowella View Post
    Hi,

    I'm in germany and able to get paid apps since yesterday. Today morning I found drPodder at the app catalog. But it won't start. I restarted my phone, reinstalled the app - nothing. The app won't start anytime.

    I've got release 0.6.0 through the app catalog. And I haven't installed any patches, homebrew or anything like that. I only use the offical app catalog.

    Is this a known problem and when will you provide a fix ?

    Thanx,
    Farlowella
    Got it... Argh... apparently the problem that jdevora and Xepe saw was in the catalog version. *sigh*. I wonder how fast I can get an update pushed out...
  19. #1699  
    Help I upgraded from 0.5.5 to 0.6.0 and now I cannot use my app. I use this everyday and now I'm stuck.
  20. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1700  
    Quote Originally Posted by lightdancer77 View Post
    Help I upgraded from 0.5.5 to 0.6.0 and now I cannot use my app. I use this everyday and now I'm stuck.
    Very sorry about that. As soon as Palm approves the update you can update to 0.6.4 which should solve the problem. Is your Pre set to a language other than English?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions