View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

    360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

    89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

    42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

    39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

    54 9.25%
Page 84 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #1661  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    This is a really weird one, guys. I have no idea what might be causing it but I doubt it's related to the save/restore app.

    Do either of you have the SDK installed? If so, you can run a few commands that will let us view the logs during startup of drPodder. That might help with diagnosis.
    Sure, I have the SDK installed on a linux machine, just tell me the commands and I'll post the outputs.
  2. #1662  
    Just to let you all know. I'm working on extending the drPodder Media Importer application with some features to run a local rss-server and by that import/download media files (audio books, podcasts (video/audio) etc.) via local WiFi to the webOS drPodder app. This could also be accessed from the outside of the LAN/WiFi if forwarding a port in like any other normal server network setup.
    This will also introduce the truncation of podcast-items to help drPodder/webOS on the processing side of large feeds. With this feature drPodder will be able to delete the downloaded media files, which was not possible with the current USB-transfer of media files in drPodder Media Importer.

    Let me know if this is a feature you would like?


    AND new release:
    Change log:

    0.1.6.0
    -Remove files from tree via context menu (right click)
    -Restore database will search for media files in drPodder directory and ask for deletion because all episodes will be flaged as NOT downloaded and drPodder will try to download
    -MONO Ready (should run with MONO on Linux and Mac)
    -Links in About Box

    could some one please try to test it with MONO on Linux or Mac or any other MONO platform and give me some feedback?

    download & thread
    Last edited by runebune; 03/28/2010 at 02:55 PM.
  3. jdevora's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #1663  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Do either of you have the SDK installed? If so, you can run a few commands that will let us view the logs during startup of drPodder. That might help with diagnosis.
    I have it installed in an Ubuntu machine as well, just let me know what you need.
  4. #1664  
    Having problems since version 0.5.7 and each version after. Each time I try to add The Cell Phone Junkie feed, either manually or your search it locks up the phone(Sprint Pre, firmware 1.4.0) and drPodder HB, now with 0.5.9, all the same problem. Says memory critical, to many cards open. I have to take the battery out to work again. I added another feed with no problem, but, for some reason, it has a problem with The Cell Phone Junkie feed. I did work fine with version 0.5.4. Can you please try adding TCPJ regular feed, not unlocked, to see if it is just specific to my Pre or is it a global problem. Thanks. Great program otherwise.
  5. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1665  
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    Having problems since version 0.5.7 and each version after. Each time I try to add The Cell Phone Junkie feed, either manually or your search it locks up the phone.
    Someone else reported that to already, and I had to reboot my pre after trying to add the feed. Interestingly enough it even locks up the emulator...

    I'm still looking into this. I think it is a webOS problem, but the report said that the problem started occurring well after the 1.4 upgrade.
  6. #1666  
    As far as I remember it worked fine with 0.5.4 and WebOS 1.4. I don't have 0.5.4 to test to see if it works now. The funny thing is it is only TCPJ feed only that I have tried that doesn't work. If you can send a link for 0.5.4, I would be glad to be a guinea pig to see if it works, then you will be able to see what changed from 0.5.4 to the newer versions.
  7. #1667  
    Yea. Cell Phone Junkie isn't working for me either. I already had it added and I can play (stream) it fine, but I can't download. This has always worked in the past but it doesn't seem to work anymore. any idea? this is the same issue i reported with the Flashforward podcast above.

    Also, for Cell Phone Junkie, you should use this link: The Cell Phone Junkie (thecellphonejunkie.libsyn.com/rss/podcasts/last50) and not the standard /rss/ version since this limits the rss feed to just the last 50 podcasts. that may help with the memory issue

    EDIT -- I was listening to The Cell Phone Junkie episode #200 (on my computer) and they mentioned that they were having problems with their RSS feeds, including the 'last50' feed i mentioned above. So, this may be a TCPJ issue and not a DrPodder issue...
    Last edited by Audemars02; 03/29/2010 at 10:14 AM.
  8. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1668  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xepe View Post
    Sure, I have the SDK installed on a linux machine, just tell me the commands and I'll post the outputs.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevora View Post
    I have it installed in an Ubuntu machine as well, just let me know what you need.
    In Windows: Start->Run->cmd <hit enter>
    Code:
    cd "\Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin"
    palm-log --system-log-level info
    palm-log -d usb -f com.drnull.drpodder-hb
    ### (start drPodder, wait 15 seconds, throw away the glowing card icon)
    palm-log --system-log-level error
    In Linux: (I don't know the directory for the SDK...)
    Code:
    cd $PALM_SDK_DIR
    ./palm-log.sh --system-log-level info
    ./palm-log.sh -d usb -f com.drnull.drpodder-hb
    ### (start drPodder, wait 15 seconds, throw away the glowing card icon)
    ./palm-log.sh --system-log-level error
    If you could copy/paste that output (if there is any) hopefully that will be helpful)
  9. #1669  
    re: Cell Phone Junkie --

    I updated my post above as well, but I was listening to The Cell Phone Junkie episode #200 (on my computer) and they mentioned that they were having problems with their Podcast feeds, including the 'last50' feed i mentioned above. So, this may be a TCPJ issue and not a DrPodder issue...
  10. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1670  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Flashfoward Cast -- FlashForwardCast with Jay and Jack - ABC's Flash Forward -- I see the latest podcast (episode 1.17) and can stream it fine, but when I try to download it, I get the red X and the spinning circle for about 3 seconds, and then it stops and the green arrow appears again.
    Just to followup on this: yes, it's the redirection bug that unwiredben mentions here: https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p=24594#p24594

    I checked the output using curl and sure enough, the last redirect uses a "location" header instead of a "Location" header like all the other redirects. That's why it fails.

    I will ask if this fix will make it into 1.4.1, but I really doubt it will. They tend to freeze the feature set once a beta is released. Maybe since this is a bug they will reconsider. We'll see.
  11. #1671  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Just to followup on this: yes, it's the redirection bug that unwiredben mentions here: https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p=24594#p24594

    I checked the output using curl and sure enough, the last redirect uses a "location" header instead of a "Location" header like all the other redirects. That's why it fails.

    I will ask if this fix will make it into 1.4.1, but I really doubt it will. They tend to freeze the feature set once a beta is released. Maybe since this is a bug they will reconsider. We'll see.
    Thanks! Is there a way I can manually fix this on DrPodder or point to a specific location" Or, if there a way I can tell the owner of the podcast how to fix this?

    thanks!
    Adam
  12. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1672  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    re: Cell Phone Junkie --

    I updated my post above as well, but I was listening to The Cell Phone Junkie episode #200 (on my computer) and they mentioned that they were having problems with their Podcast feeds, including the 'last50' feed i mentioned above. So, this may be a TCPJ issue and not a DrPodder issue...
    Awesome. TCPJ goes through libsyn as well. That's fan-fraking-tastic. This is the same lower-case "location" webOS bug mentioned above.

    That, however, is different from the part where parsing the big feed turns your Pre into a brick (i.e., forces you to reboot because it locks up the Pre.) Just to be clear, I'm still looking into that issue. But thank you, Audermars for the last50 link. I wish all feeds supported that syntax.
  13. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1673  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Thanks! Is there a way I can manually fix this on DrPodder or point to a specific location" Or, if there a way I can tell the owner of the podcast how to fix this?
    Yes, unwiredben mentioned that if you can get the podcast owner to switch the redirection header links from being lower-case "location" to upper-case "Location", then the download manager in webOS will be able to handle them properly. He did note that it was a bug (in webOS), as the http spec says case doesn't matter in headers.

    However, I'm not sure how much success you will have getting libsyn to change something like that... they're a huge organization aren't they?
  14. DavidJ's Avatar
    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    #1674  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    No, the download functionality is provided by a binary file in webOS that would be "difficult" to patch. Notice the response given by Ben in the forum thread above (case sensitivity to the "Location" response). It may be possible for the podcast owner to fix this. However, in the long run, Palm is fixing the bug, it sounds like.
    I contacted the host today and provided links to this thread as well as the thread with the Palm Developers. I received a response back almost immediately saying that the request has been forwarded on to their tech group, so maybe I'll see a resolution before Palm can "fix" the issue. Now if they'd (Palm) just fix the problem where the end of the podcast getting chopped off. I'm missing more than just a few seconds at the end of the messages... :-(

    Thanks for all your follow up on this!
  15. #1675  
    DrNull,
    Just checked out the new directories and the sharing function. Nice work!
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
  16. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1676  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    I contacted the host today and provided links to this thread as well as the thread with the Palm Developers. I received a response back almost immediately saying that the request has been forwarded on to their tech group, so maybe I'll see a resolution before Palm can "fix" the issue. Now if they'd (Palm) just fix the problem where the end of the podcast getting chopped off. I'm missing more than just a few seconds at the end of the messages... :-(
    Thanks for contacting the host!

    That bug frustrates me sooo much. Don't all pile on at once or anything, but if anybody else has a developer.palm.com account and wants to add their .02 to the "podcasts getting chopped off" bug report, feel free.

    Forums webOS &bull; View topic - BUG: Audio playback in 1.4
  17. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1677  
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    DrNull,
    Just checked out the new directories and the sharing function. Nice work!
    Thanks! I'm not going to make a big deal about them because
    a) Google might block it at some point
    b) I never got around to asking the PodTrapper directory maintainer if he minded me using his site.

    However, those two directories are quite nice, and contain many more podcasts than digitalpodcast.com does. The only really frustrating thing is that PodTrapper sorts results alphabetically when you search. But if you browse through the "Popular" list, you can find some really good stuff there that is hard to find otherwise.
  18. #1678  
    Hey drnull, first off, let me say thanks for the awesome app! My ipod is collecting dust thanks to you (and the ampache app). I used the preware version for a while, but when i saw the "official" version in the app store, i promptly bought it. I notice that the preware version is a couple of versions higher than the store version. I'm just wondering how often you resubmit to the app store. Basically, how long do i have to wait for updates? I am in no way complaining, just curious. I love the app and will wait for a quality product. I'm just curious is all.
    Thanks again!

    - coblat027
  19. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1679  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt027 View Post
    Hey drnull, first off, let me say thanks for the awesome app! My ipod is collecting dust thanks to you (and the ampache app). I used the preware version for a while, but when i saw the "official" version in the app store, i promptly bought it. I notice that the preware version is a couple of versions higher than the store version. I'm just wondering how often you resubmit to the app store. Basically, how long do i have to wait for updates? I am in no way complaining, just curious. I love the app and will wait for a quality product. I'm just curious is all.
    Yeah, the Catalog curators are a bit busy currently, what with the international launch and such. I submitted it last Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    The catalog version of HomeBrew 0.5.9 is pending review, so it will probably be out early next week.
  20. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #1680  
    FYI...
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    drPodder v0.6.2 (3/31)
    • Added dashboard for saving bookmark when throwing card away (though you should never actually see the dashboard)
    • Language choice in preferences
    • html-ify links in description (if they aren't links already)
    • Added "Download New Episodes" option in Episode List (tap the feed title) (Thanks to nxg125 for contributing the patch!)
    • Added Spanish translation (thanks Spyderekz)
    • Updated various localization items
    Last edited by drnull; 03/31/2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Episode List, not Feed List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions