View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 83 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    OK. I NEVER EVER used the music player, so i could not know it is NOT a drPodder-specific problem...

Greetings from the land that still waits for paid apps in the store...

Stefan
    Quote Originally Posted by dl1ely View Post
    It never bothered me enough, but while i am here:
    Since the very first version of DrPodder i used, it chops off the very last 5-6 seconds of every podcast when playing them. Any explanation for that?
    I'm a long time DrPodder fan and I experience the same thing... doesn't matter much (really at all -- especially for those podcasts with closing theme music) but for the podcasts that end abruptly after conversation, I usually miss the last few seconds. I almost exclusively listen (and experience this) when using my Jabra BT530 headset. I'll try without the headset just to confirm it's not a Bluetooth issue.

Edit: Oops. Didn't read through to the end before jumping on dl1ely's comment. Thanks DrNull.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    This is one of those redirection problems where webOS fails to properly follow the redirect through to the end, and doesn't report a failure:

Forums webOS • View topic - downloadmanager does not follow redirects all the way

I've pinged Palm about it again, hopefully we'll get a response.
    Is this something that a Patch could fix without having to rely on Palm?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Just a few small updates. If you had changed the transition from None to something else, then video playback would fail to return to the app properly.
    drPodder v0.5.8 (3/27)
    • Adding support@drPodder.com as the "TO" address for "Report a problem" emails
    • Using "None" transition for Episode Player as video playback was buggy when using other transition.
    • German localization fixes
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    Is this something that a Patch could fix without having to rely on Palm?
    No, the download functionality is provided by a binary file in webOS that would be "difficult" to patch. Notice the response given by Ben in the forum thread above (case sensitivity to the "Location" response). It may be possible for the podcast owner to fix this. However, in the long run, Palm is fixing the bug, it sounds like.
    Greetings!

A quick question: I've got DrPodder set to download over wifi only. I've got "Mode Switcher" set to automatically turn wifi on, when the pre is put on the touchstone.

Is there a way to 'ping' DrPodder to let it know that the wifi is active? (I've noticed podcasts in schedules are not downloaded, I'm suspecting that this might be something to do with it.)

thanks!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Greetings!

A quick question: I've got DrPodder set to download over wifi only. I've got "Mode Switcher" set to automatically turn wifi on, when the pre is put on the touchstone.

Is there a way to 'ping' DrPodder to let it know that the wifi is active? (I've noticed podcasts in schedules are not downloaded, I'm suspecting that this might be something to do with it.)

thanks!
    This sounds like a good idea to me, although I'm not a linux/mojo expert, so I'm not sure how possible it would be. I figure that if the "Downloads Pending" notification is present, maybe it could poll the WiFi on/off flag every few minutes/seconds (depending on how demanding that is) so it can see when WiFi has been turned on.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiehs View Post
    This sounds like a good idea to me, although I'm not a linux/mojo expert, so I'm not sure how possible it would be. I figure that if the "Downloads Pending" notification is present, maybe it could poll the WiFi on/off flag every few minutes/seconds (depending on how demanding that is) so it can see when WiFi has been turned on.
    Nice idea (from both you and @swinokur). I'll add that to the list.
    How soon do the updates make it to the catalog now?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiehs View Post
    Yeah great idea. I would use this a lot
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drsnacks View Post
    How soon do the updates make it to the catalog now?
    The catalog version of HomeBrew 0.5.9 is pending review, so it will probably be out early next week.
    Hi, I've been using drpodder since I got my pre last november, I really never had any issues, but suddenly it stopped working: when I tap the icon, the card launches, but it gets stuck loading the app (only showing drpodder's icon).
    I've reinstalled the app, rebooted the phone, luna restart... but the app doesn't launch at all.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xepe View Post
    Hi, I've been using drpodder since I got my pre last november, I really never had any issues, but suddenly it stopped working: when I tap the icon, the card launches, but it gets stuck loading the app (only showing drpodder's icon).
    I've reinstalled the app, rebooted the phone, luna restart... but the app doesn't launch at all.
    Try deleting the drpodder folder on the pre's USB, might help. a restart wouldnt hurt either
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Sent drnull the Spanish localization, if you haven't already, buy this app, support the author!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Is there any text at all on the launch screen where you see the drPodder icon?
    Is there any text at all on the launch screen where you see the drPodder icon?
    No, it's not the screen that appears just before drpodder launches, it's the card with the app's icon that appears every time you launch an app (with the icon glowing) so I think the app never really starts.
    Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, and thank you for the quick answer.
    Hey drnull, having an issue with one of my feeds, and hoping you could help (and I am using the HB version):

Flashfoward Cast -- FlashForwardCast with Jay and Jack - ABC's Flash Forward -- I see the latest podcast (episode 1.17) and can stream it fine, but when I try to download it, I get the red X and the spinning circle for about 3 seconds, and then it stops and the green arrow appears again. I can't seem to download ANY podcasts from this feed, but I can stream them all.

any thoughts?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I have exactly the same problem, It hangs in the initial glowing icon and never "maximizes".
    I don't know exactly when it started, but I suspect that it was after an drPodder update or after an run of "save/restore" application from the Beta HB feed

Deleting /media/internal/drpodder didn't help

Any other suggestion?

The "classic" version still works fine for me
    What data should I get/send for have a better "bug report"?

Cheers
    Last edited by jdevora; 03/28/2010 at 06:12 AM. Reason: More details and typos
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Hey drnull, having an issue with one of my feeds, and hoping you could help (and I am using the HB version):

Flashfoward Cast -- [url= with Jay and Jack - ABC's Flash Forward[/url] -- I see the latest podcast (episode 1.17) and can stream it fine, but when I try to download it, I get the red X and the spinning circle for about 3 seconds, and then it stops and the green arrow appears again. I can't seem to download ANY podcasts from this feed, but I can stream them all.

any thoughts?

Thanks
    Judging from the description and looking at one of the episode URL's, I think this is the redirection bug in webOS that we have seen in the past. I'm away from the computer today, but I'll verify tomorrow and get a link to the bug report from the palm forums tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevora View Post
    I have exactly the same problem, It hangs in the initial glowing icon and never "maximizes".
    The "classic" version still works fine for me
    What data should I get/send for have a better "bug report"?
    This is a really weird one, guys. I have no idea what might be causing it but I doubt it's related to the save/restore app.

Do either of you have the SDK installed? If so, you can run a few commands that will let us view the logs during startup of drPodder. That might help with diagnosis.