View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 82 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3272777879808182838485868792 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Really strange. I've always found that the All playlist picks up new episodes just fine.

Could you give more details? When you edited the settings on the "All" playlist, was the "Include All Feeds" toggle set to "ON"?

How did you add the new podcast that wasn't showing up? Through add by url or did you search a directory or did you import an OPML?

Thanks for any help, and glad you got around the problem.
    I feel slightly embarrassed, and apparently I can't read. I fix computers for a living, yet I apparently couldn't see the "include all feeds" option in the playlist, which was sent to no, apparently by default.

Nothing to see here......move along.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    No need to feel embarrassed... If it was set to no by default then that's a bug that needs to be fixed. I'll take a quick look and see if I can reproduce that.

Thanks for giving more details!
    for the record, I ususally add the podcasts via url, not from the directory. I've been having this problem for a while now, and Im' using the homebrew version. i'd love to pay for it, just waiting for paid apps to come to canada.
    Apologies if this question has been asked before, new to drPodder (but very impressed with it). I tired to do some searching both here and in the drPodder FAQ but didn't see the answer to my question.

So, I'm trying to learn French in order to match my wife's proficiency, and I found what looked like an excellent podcast found in the directory from drPodder "French For Beginners - Learn French with Alexa". I've added the feed both from the directory and also trying to directly input the rss feed given by her website, and with both cases all the available podcasts are shown (descriptions and all) and I'm able to download them without any problems. But once I try to play the downloaded file, the play/pause button is played out, and I'm unable to hear any of the podcasts. Files from the website itself play just fine on my computer (.m4a). Possible this file type is not supported? Something wrong with the feed?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Many thanks!
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmon View Post
    Apologies if this question has been asked before, new to drPodder (but very impressed with it). I tired to do some searching both here and in the drPodder FAQ but didn't see the answer to my question.

So, I'm trying to learn French in order to match my wife's proficiency, and I found what looked like an excellent podcast found in the directory from drPodder "French For Beginners - Learn French with Alexa". I've added the feed both from the directory and also trying to directly input the rss feed given by her website, and with both cases all the available podcasts are shown (descriptions and all) and I'm able to download them without any problems. But once I try to play the downloaded file, the play/pause button is played out, and I'm unable to hear any of the podcasts. Files from the website itself play just fine on my computer (.m4a). Possible this file type is not supported? Something wrong with the feed?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Many thanks!
    m4a is a DRM protected iTunes file format that isn't supported by WebOS. In order to play these files on the phone, you would have to first convert them to mp3 format (or other supported file format) on the computer, and then transfer the files to the phone.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    m4a is a DRM protected iTunes file format that isn't supported by WebOS. In order to play these files on the phone, you would have to first convert them to mp3 format (or other supported file format) on the computer, and then transfer the files to the phone.
    That's not technically true. drPodder has supported .m4a files in the past. .m4a is, I believe, just a container. I'm no expert, but I read a wikipedia article about it.

This is probably the jpg enclosure bug reported here, here, and here. I'll update that first report with this new example.
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    That's not technically true. drPodder has supported .m4a files in the past. .m4a is, I believe, just a container. I'm no expert, but I read a wikipedia article about it.

This is probably the jpg enclosure bug reported here, here, and here. I'll update that first report with this new example.
    Thank you for clarifying - I should have been clearer. We're actually both correct. While m4a CAN be an enclosure that is not necessarily iTunes DRM protected, iTunes does use an m4a enclosure for their DRM protected "songs". When I read "Files from the website itself play just fine on my computer (.m4a)", I made an assumption that the OP was able to play the files on their computer because they are using iTunes on the computer, but I wasn't aware of the other issues you pointed out in your post. I think either your theory or mine might be correct, but at least we've given the OP all the info to begin checking. Thanks again for making me clarify That was a poor reply on my part - that's what I get for posting a reply in the middle of the night
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    All,

I'm having problems downloading some podcasts, some DL just fine but others don't do anything after selecting the download option from the green drop-down arrow.... Is that a "function" that the host needs to enable, or what?

Thanks
    Do you mean that certain episodes of a given podcast won't dl while other episodes from that same podcast do? Or do you mean the all episodes of some podcasts dl while no episodes of some other podcasts do not?

Could you post the URL for the podcasts that are giving you problems?
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Can't answer the 1st part seeing as how I haven't tried to DL all of the podcasts, but for all those that I've tried I haven't been able to DL. The link is:

First Family Church

Thanks
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    New release out... some small bug fixes and some fun new features. Man, I really need to clean up that first post... it's getting out of hand...

EDIT: By the way, I'll send out a request again. If you are fluent in Spanish/French/Italian etc and would like to help translate drPodder into that language, please drop me a line at support@drPodder.com. Toby was a great help and worked through the 200 or so words/phrases for me so that German speakers will have drPodder in their language. Anybody else want to take a swing?

WebOS 1.4+ required.
    drPodder v0.5.7 (3/25)
    • Added "Report A Problem" menu choice (Please use this if you're having problems!)
    • Added ability to play using webOS player (useful for testing - if the webOS player doesn't play it... drPodder probably won't)
    • Added "Share Episode" choice when playing an episode to email a friend
    • Overriding episode type based on file extension (If anyone has episodes that are being "typed" incorrectly now, please "Report a Problem"!)
    • Pull summary from the itunes xml tag if it's longer than the description
    • Better "first run" checking - If playlist is empty, you won't see the "welcome" screen.
    • Automatically update feeds imported from OPML
    • Scrolling down to reveal imported feeds
    • Better search results usability: Scroll fades, remember last search
    • Playlist add/edit saves on backswipe or can cancel with button
    • Scene Transition Preference (why not, right?)
    • Better support for PodShifter - Recognizes error where file isn't available "yet"
    • PodTrapper directory browsing added
    • Google Listen search provider added (search Google Listen's podcast directory)
    • Podcast.de (German) search provider added
    • Localization enabled - German is only language currently supported (Thanks Toby!!)
    • bugfix: Empty feeds caused updating to halt
    • bugfix: Updating feed dashboard notification not going away
    • bugfix: Automatic scheduled downloads now should actually automatically download (on schedule...)
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    Can't answer the 1st part seeing as how I haven't tried to DL all of the podcasts, but for all those that I've tried I haven't been able to DL. The link is:

First Family Church
    This is one of those redirection problems where webOS fails to properly follow the redirect through to the end, and doesn't report a failure:

Forums webOS • View topic - downloadmanager does not follow redirects all the way

I've pinged Palm about it again, hopefully we'll get a response.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    wow i would love to buy the paid app version but i don't have a credit card. can you use one of the PREpaid credit cards you can get at places like best buy, duane reade, etc
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick follow up! Maybe they'll fix it in 1.4.1... ? One can only hope :-)
    My pleasure...check your inbox. You´ve got mail ;-)
    Toby
    Quote Originally Posted by del420 View Post
    wow i would love to buy the paid app version but i don't have a credit card. can you use one of the PREpaid credit cards you can get at places like best buy, duane reade, etc
    yes
    Starting with the paid version a couple weeks ago (v5.5 I think), DrPodder won't download premium podcasts any longer. I tried entering the password and username again with the same result: it will stream OK but not download for later listening. Yesterday, I downloaded the HB version, 5.7, and tried it. Same problem. Version 4.8 will download podcasts requiring a userid/password. Has someone already reported this?
    Thanks drnull for a great app!
    Rick
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redroosterfarm View Post
    Starting with the paid version a couple weeks ago (v5.5 I think), DrPodder won't download premium podcasts any longer. I tried entering the password and username again with the same result: it will stream OK but not download for later listening. Yesterday, I downloaded the HB version, 5.7, and tried it. Same problem. Version 4.8 will download podcasts requiring a userid/password. Has someone already reported this?
    There was a similar report for a premium podcast, but we got that one taken care of (I think). Could you use the "report a problem" menu choice on the feed that's giving you problems?
    It never bothered me enough, but while i am here:
    Since the very first version of DrPodder i used, it chops off the very last 5-6 seconds of every podcast when playing them. Any explanation for that?

DrPodder is my most use app on the phone, it is _SIMPLY_ _GREAT_!

Stefan
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dl1ely View Post
    It never bothered me enough, but while i am here:
    Since the very first version of DrPodder i used, it chops off the very last 5-6 seconds of every podcast when playing them. Any explanation for that?
    Ahh, yes. This is a problem that we've had since the first release. And you'll experience it in the built-in music player, and any music player on webOS. It's been reported before, and I've pinged Palm before about it, but they have not fixed it yet. Guess it's time to bug them again. Squeaky wheel and all.

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=14&t=1675
    https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=80&t=5549