View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 80 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    I noticed that type-o after I submitted.... sorry, that's not the issue but I appreciate your help.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I absolutely love this app and have purchased the official one from the App Catalog. BUT - since downloading the official app, drPodderHB has not downloaded any podcasts. It just sits there spinning the wheels (literally) and nothing streams or downloads. Did downloading the official app break the HB app? Do I need to delete one of them? Help - I need my podcasts to breath!
    Quote Originally Posted by bstryd View Post
    I absolutely love this app and have purchased the official one from the App Catalog. BUT - since downloading the official app, drPodderHB has not downloaded any podcasts. It just sits there spinning the wheels (literally) and nothing streams or downloads. Did downloading the official app break the HB app? Do I need to delete one of them? Help - I need my podcasts to breath!
    I have both installed... though I don't think I've actually run the Official Appstore version yet. Just bought it to make the contribution. Since the HB version will be the one kept more up to date with new features and fixes, I'm just going to stick with it. I doubt having both is your issue.

That said, you can try deleting the App Cat version. You can always redownload it again for free if you need to put that version back on the phone.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN View Post
    +1 on being able to control from the notification area or dashboard. DrNull, is there any chance you might be adding this? For me, it's the only functionality that is truly missing from the app. I think I may have seen somewhere that it would be an issue for the app catalog due to some API requirement, but if that is the problem then perhaps to the HB version?
    This is on the list. I was grouping it together in my mind with a more difficult feature (the ability to navigate the app while continuing to playback a podcast). However, I just recently realized that I don't HAVE to do those two things at the same time, so this feature might be coming sooner rather than later (version after this coming one that I'm working on right now).

Quote Originally Posted by rosenbaaron View Post
    oh, ill try to download for you, i normally wait for wifi when downloading i suspect downloading over 1xrtt would take forever.
    You don't have to let it finish. Just make sure the yellow download bar progresses a few pixels, that will be sufficient to let me know that the download over 1x is working.

Have you tried streaming through the built-in music player? i.e., go to The TWiT Netcast Network with Leo Laporte on your pre and click the download audio link. This should open up (streaming) in the streaming music player. If that doesn't work over 1xrtt, then there is something inherent in webOS that is keeping streaming from working over 1xrtt. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    Ever since the 1.4 update I have been having an issue with downloading over EV. It will start, but then stops and I have to restart it numerous times. I haven't tried wifi yet. Any ideas?
    All podcasts? Certain ones? Are you getting any phone calls/text messages/voicemail notifications etc during the download? So the download does eventually complete? Are you in a low signal area? I'd be interested to know how wifi performs for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyjellis View Post
    Help! I am trying to get my podcast subscription to the Jim Rome Show to work on drPodder... the feed is rss.premiereradio.net/jimrome/podcast.xml). This feed works fine on my iTunes. And yes, I used the "Authenticate" to include my login and password... I still get "Invalid URL". Thanks,
    jje
    Please contact me at support@drPodder.com for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by bstryd View Post
    Could you post or email to support@drPodder.com a screenshot of the "spinning"? Do you get any errors when streaming or downloading? Is it all podcasts or just certain ones? There should be no problem running both the HB & App catalog version of drPodder, I typically have 3 or 4 versions on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Could you post or email to support@drPodder.com a screenshot of the "spinning"? Do you get any errors when streaming or downloading? Is it all podcasts or just certain ones? There should be no problem running both the HB & App catalog version of drPodder, I typically have 3 or 4 versions on my Pre.
    OK - sent from my Pre.
    small bugreport: if you install drpodder on a pre and try to import your xml file, there is no way of getting arround the "do you want to add a few technology podcasts" message. If you say no, it will pop up on the next start anyway and there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of it
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rb2k View Post
    small bugreport: if you install drpodder on a pre and try to import your xml file, there is no way of getting arround the "do you want to add a few technology podcasts" message. If you say no, it will pop up on the next start anyway and there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of it
    I understand why drnull coded it this way, but yet I feel that it needs to be revised. For now I add the tech podcasts, and delete all but one.

Import your xml file, and then quit drpodder.

Reload drpodder and then delete the tech podcast you left in the list last time.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I have loaded three feeds from KFAN (Paul Allen, Common Man, and The Power Trip) and every time I try and update these feeds my phone locks up on me. This happens both over WIFI and EV. Does this have something to do with the feeds or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help!
    I will just let you all know that I'm working on an application also mentioned in this thread:
    drPodder audio book

The application is at the moment in alpha state with a minimum of features.
    Features are:
    • Select files/folders to copy to device
    • give a title and directory name
    • hide media from music and picture app in webOS
    • set feed/channel image
    • open destination directory
    • write feed.xml to device (feed index/meta file)
    • write drpodder.xml to device for easy import

All this is just to import media files (audio/video) to the drPodder application from a computer. The commen use of this application is importing audio books, but can of cause import all kind of webOS supported media files.

I will post an alpha version very soon in this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...-importer.html
    Last edited by runebune; 03/15/2010 at 10:08 AM.
    I am new to the pre and bought drPodder based on advice on this site. Unfortunately, streaming does not work. I tap an episode of a podcast which launches the built-in player; however, it simply sits there with an "...Extend..." button animating the "."s.

What are some troubleshooting steps I can take? I have a Sprint pre w/webOS 1.4.

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Love the app, gave it 5 stars in the review. Works great!
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rb2k View Post
    Yeah, as jamiehs pointed out, I kinda cheated in the "first run" check. I'll fix that in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by harg0055 View Post
    I have loaded three feeds from KFAN (Paul Allen, Common Man, and The Power Trip) and every time I try and update these feeds my phone locks up on me. This happens both over WIFI and EV. Does this have something to do with the feeds or am I doing something wrong?
    drPodder still has issues with very large podcast feeds. Common Man, in particular, has around 1000 episodes. When webOS tries to parse the xml that represents that feed, it can hang sometimes. I'm going to be addressing that problem at some point in the future, probably by calling a webservice on drpodder.com or something like that and returning parsed JSON. Additionally I'll try to incorporate the rssshrink functionality that runebune has offered (but actually make it part of drPodder).

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurjr View Post
    I am new to the pre and bought drPodder based on advice on this site. Unfortunately, streaming does not work. I tap an episode of a podcast which launches the built-in player; however, it simply sits there with an "...Extend..." button animating the "."s.
    Welcome, dinosaurjr!
    What a bad first impression. It seems that your new Pre was bit by a bug that very few people had. You'll find other references to it in this thread (dbeta referred to it as the "buffering box no text" bug, but shortly thereafter, I put some debugging info in the buffering box. That's why you see "Extend" in the box)
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2294144
    We've found two solutions. Either Doctor your Pre, or follow the steps listed at the above "no streaming apps work" link to fix the problem. (doctoring will be easier since the phone is new and you probably don't have much data on it yet).
    Now an alpha version of the drPodder Media Importer software has been released, follow the link.

I hope you like it. Just remember it's a work in progress
    Thanks, drnull, for the quick response. I'll try the "no streaming apps work" fix as I already have a bunch of data on my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    drPodder still has issues with very large podcast feeds. Common Man, in particular, has around 1000 episodes. When webOS tries to parse the xml that represents that feed, it can hang sometimes. I'm going to be addressing that problem at some point in the future, probably by calling a webservice on drpodder.com or something like that and returning parsed JSON. Additionally I'll try to incorporate the rssshrink functionality that runebune has offered (but actually make it part of drPodder).
    if drnull has an IIS where I can publish my code more permanently, I would be glad to support this feature. And I agree that the only correct way to resolve this issue, is to do this on a server and not on the device.
    Another solution could be to implement a local server application which can bridge to drPodder. This could be some software running on a local PC which everyone with access to this PC can run this service. This would of cause assume that every time drPodder updates a feed relying on this service the corresponding PC should be running.

You don't have to let it finish. Just make sure the yellow download bar progresses a few pixels, that will be sufficient to let me know that the download over 1x is working.

Have you tried streaming through the built-in music player? i.e., go to The TWiT Netcast Network with Leo Laporte on your pre and click the download audio link. This should open up (streaming) in the streaming music player. If that doesn't work over 1xrtt, then there is something inherent in webOS that is keeping streaming from working over 1xrtt. Let me know.

I am using the app catalog version. I haven't unlocked my phone since doctoring it. I can use pandora and stitcher radio on 1xrtt. I will try the link above and see if that works via 1xrtt.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenbaaron View Post
    I am using the app catalog version. I haven't unlocked my phone since doctoring it. I can use pandora and stitcher radio on 1xrtt. I will try the link above and see if that works via 1xrtt.
    Wow, that just scared the crap out of me. I was trying this out, and it wasn't playing, it was just sitting there at "Connecting". So I forgot about it and went back to work. About 3 minutes later, it starts playing in my ear.

So... how long have you waited? And does it ever get off of Connecting for you? I just tried again and it did eventually switch to "Buffering". Remember, speed over 1xrtt is greatly influenced by signal strength (maybe even more than over evdo), so if it's weak, you might have more trouble. Also, if the signal drops, I don't know that I recover from that very well (and that's hard to test right now... I need a faraday cage. Simply turning off the phone radio doesn't fading signal properly)
    I copied the /usr/lib/luna/luna-media-shim files to me pre, and drPodder seems to be happy. Thanks!
    Wow, that just scared the crap out of me. I was trying this out, and it wasn't playing, it was just sitting there at "Connecting". So I forgot about it and went back to work. About 3 minutes later, it starts playing in my ear.

So... how long have you waited? And does it ever get off of Connecting for you? I just tried again and it did eventually switch to "Buffering". Remember, speed over 1xrtt is greatly influenced by signal strength (maybe even more than over evdo), so if it's weak, you might have more trouble. Also, if the signal drops, I don't know that I recover from that very well (and that's hard to test right now... I need a faraday cage. Simply turning off the phone radio doesn't fading signal properly)
    ahhh, well i have never waited three minutes, but i experience it connecting and then it switches to buffering. I can never get off buffering, is it possible that it requires to large of a buffer, or is this determined by the os?
    Suddenly drPodder isn't launching properly. It gets to the splash screen with "Loading Episodes" and just sits there. I've tried rebooting the phone, no luck.

It was working fine yesterday, but I forgot to plug the phone in over night, so the battery ran down wit drPodder running (idle, but open). Nothing else has changed since it last successfully launched.

I'm on WebOS 1.4.0 and v5.4 of drPodder