View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 8 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Awesome
    0.3.0 looks really cool, though I have a few suggestions:

-The podcasts and episodes list fonts could be a bit smaller
    -After forwarding an episode the pause button doesn't work anymore.
    -Pausing an episode and later on coming back to it doesn't resume the podcast. It starts from the beginning.
    -The whole app layout seems to be exceeding the margins.
    -Also, If you could just list the name of the episode instead of reaping the name of the podcast for every episode would be nice. Let's say maybe you could just mention it as the header of the episodes once.

Looking great and I love that app icon! Great Job!
    man, i think i love you !!!! LOL

thanks mate
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    0.3.0 looks nice. I've been able to add several podcasts, but I'm having trouble with this one
    http : // www .tipsfromthetopfloor.com/wp-rss2.php

It just sits there spinning and spinning.
    Is it just me or is this app really slow? It was the same way for me in the last version, but still in 0.3.0. I deleted all of the default podcasts but the PalmCast, and added two that only have one episode in the feed at a time. Even with no other cards open, I can count to around 15 before my taps register.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Is it just me or is this app really slow? It was the same way for me in the last version, but still in 0.3.0. I deleted all of the default podcasts but the PalmCast, and added two that only have one episode in the feed at a time. Even with no other cards open, I can count to around 15 before my taps register.
    not sure what you are experiencing, because i removed only the bottom 2 podcasts, then added diggnation, then proceeded to go into it and download the most recent 2 episodes, then bounced into java posse and twit, and started the download of the most recent 2 of each of them. i have the charger on and have wifi on, but aside from having to tap twice sometimes, no lag that i can see.

this app is my god-send! love it and am waiting for it to evolve further!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    This app rocks my socks!
    I combine it with the NPR podcast directory at NPR Podcast Directory
    They post copy and pastable direct links to the feeds!
    I love it. Thanks for this. I am annoyed by having to re-import my feeds but I still love it.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Hi, I would like to suggest an option to keep the screen from turning off while using this app, for downloading large podcasts. If not that, then at least keep the wi-fi from disconnecting when the screen turns off (if possible).
    Thanks for your hard work!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beave4 View Post
    Since upgrading to 3.0 the bookmarks do not work and after initially pressing the play button, the play/pause button lacks functionality
    Is this streaming or downloaded? Additionally, I haven't seen the play/pause button stop working. Bookmarks are only recorded after you've made some progress into the episode (15 seconds or so). Have you tried the play/resume button instead of clicking on the episode name in the list?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drac0Linux View Post
    I take that back. I got 3:21 into Episode 68.5 and it just stopped. No joy.
    streaming, I assume? If it loses connection, it stops and sometimes doesn't update the gui. Try tapping play/pause twice to see if it starts up again.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Love the app.

Had trouble with the new version, though. It wouldn't let me pause.
    I hit the pause button, and it changed to a "play" triangle icon, but it kept playing.
    Also, I downloaded a Buzz Out Loud podcast, so I don't believe I was streaming it, but it also failed to bookmark when I returned to the main screen, then back again.

Is it me? I'm using version o.3, on WebOS 1.1
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    Had trouble with the new version, though. It wouldn't let me pause.
    I hit the pause button, and it changed to a "play" triangle icon, but it kept playing.
    Also, I downloaded a Buzz Out Loud podcast, so I don't believe I was streaming it, but it also failed to bookmark when I returned to the main screen, then back again.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    -The podcasts and episodes list fonts could be a bit smaller
    -After forwarding an episode the pause button doesn't work anymore.
    -Pausing an episode and later on coming back to it doesn't resume the podcast. It starts from the beginning.
    -The whole app layout seems to be exceeding the margins.
    -Also, If you could just list the name of the episode instead of reaping the name of the podcast for every episode would be nice. Let's say maybe you could just mention it as the header of the episodes once.
    Thanks for the feedback!

I do push the margins, especially at the top of the feed list page. I hope to add something to the top there eventually so that won't be an issue.
    On the broken pause/bookmark issues... I've heard from a few people on this and not sure what's causing it. It works fine for me. Very odd.
    EDIT:
    Scratch that, I spoke too soon. I think I found what the problem was. I believe it works fine once you restart the app, it's just an issue the first time after the new episodes have come in.

Lastly, episode names are exactly the way they show up in the feed. Some feeds are just bad about putting the feed name in _every_ _single_ episode name. That's why I want to add an option for "strings to replace" in episode names. So that "Buzz Out Loud 1027: ..." could be shortened to "BOL 1027: ..." and actually show up in the listing.

Quote Originally Posted by crgunn View Post
    0.3.0 looks nice. I've been able to add several podcasts, but I'm having trouble with this one
    http : // www .tipsfromthetopfloor.com/wp-rss2.php
    Odd, that didn't work for me either. Try adding in what that page redirects to: Digital Photography Tips from the Top Floor (Audio/Video)
    I'm probably just not handling redirects.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    When the app starts up, it refreshes all of the feeds. It will be slow to respond while that is happening. I'm thinking about removing the auto-refresh on open, for two reasons:
    1) it's annoying, and there is a refresh button there now so you can do it manually
    2) I do plan on adding in background updates, eventually, so you shouldn't ever need to worry about that (but leaving the refresh button if you have to be absolutely sure you have the latest)

Quote Originally Posted by nowise View Post
    Hi, I would like to suggest an option to keep the screen from turning off while using this app, for downloading large podcasts. If not that, then at least keep the wi-fi from disconnecting when the screen turns off (if possible).
    Great suggestion. I'm always charging when using wifi, so I had never tested that. I'll look into how to implement that, but I seem to remember seeing something about this in the API Reference.
    Last edited by drnull; 07/28/2009 at 08:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'll give it a try.

Thanks for being so responsive!

Keep up the great work
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jason5391 View Post
    Bible Answer Man

This feed seems to add fine, but when I try to download any of the podcasts I get the error downloading, URL undefined. Help.
    Actually, if you register and go to Podcasting, you'll see a link there to the actual podcast. I believe that will work fine for you.

Bible Answer Man at Oneplace
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    New version, v0.3.1, posted on first page to address the bug where newly added feeds wouldn't play/pause or bookmark correctly. Hopefully this is the last of the showstopper bugs and I can actually think about new functionality some.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Is it possible to make it so our feed list is available on the web somewhere?
    It would be much easier to update/maintain the list.

I would pay for that as a "Pro" feature.

Love the Pre.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    3.1 fixes the play/pause problem perfectly....
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    works for me, too
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    drnull, where's your donation link? Streaming podcasts was the #1 thing I missed when I switched from my Blackberry using Berrytunes.

Thank you so much for this program! If I met you IRL I'd give you a bear hug.

Get a paypal address or donation link up so I can donate to you.