View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 79 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2969747576777879808182838489 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    I am trying to import my podcasts from itunes but can't figure out how. Can't anyone give my some advice. I exported the podcast library into my Pre but they are not showing up. It just says no available feeds found. Thanks.

By the way I purchased the catalog version after using homebrew since the beginning. I would have paid $10 for it.
    Last edited by TomBouch; 03/10/2010 at 09:24 PM.
    "Copy the following out to a file named drpodder.xml"

This may be a dumb question but how do I do this? I exported my feeds from an older version to email to import them into the newer version. This was the instruction given in the email.
    I plan to buy the app once I get a pre that works. I had one question, since the app catalog drpodder is official palm I am assuming it is backed up with your palm profile. What is backed up data is backed up with that. It would be really helpful if drpodder somehow knew what episodes I had already played. I just seem to have bad luck, 4 pre's since November.
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBouch View Post

This may be a dumb question but how do I do this? I exported my feeds from an older version to email to import them into the newer version. This was the instruction given in the email.
    I am trying to import my podcasts from itunes but can't figure out how. Can't anyone give my some advice. I exported the podcast library into my Pre but they are not showing up. It just says no available feeds found. Thanks.

By the way I purchased the catalog version after using homebrew since the beginning. I would have paid $10 for it.
    It sounds like you tried to both export from iTunes AND import from an old version of the app? Regarding importing from an old version, when you exported the old version, the file should have been called drpodder.xml. If it was, you can just put that file onto your Pre in USB mode, and the app should recognize it. If you want to import from iTunes instead of from the old version of the app, you need to re-name the file you exported as drpodder.xml. I hope this makes sense to you? If not, please advise which one you're trying to do (pick one - import from iTunes OR import from old version of the app), as well as the specific steps you're taking (be VERY specific), and we'll see if we can't get you on the right path.
    Hi all,

I purchased drpodder yesterday and I removed the Homebrew version.

However, I am using Preset Reset from Jason and I setup to launch drpodder when I reboot my phone in the middle of the night.

I was able to find the application ID of drpodder from Preware, but because the Palm App Catalog is not showing in Preware any longer, I don't know what the correct application id is to use in Preset Reset.

So if anyone knows the correct 'app id' please let me know?

Thank you!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

What way do you want to go...

If you want to export your feeds from drpodder to iTunes, you select that from the menu and do an export, drpodder will setup an email and send it to you (if you put your address in it), open up the email and copy out the text to a text file and name it 'drpodder.xml' but do NOT copy the instructions in the beginning of the email text.

Start with <opml version.....

All the previous text do not include in the copy... and create a new text file from that copied text.

And name it drpodder.xml.

If you put that file on your USB Media partition, at the top, not into any folders.. you can use that as a backup to your feeds.

Then if you get a new version of drpodder, or you upgrade your Pre and have to doctor your phone, you would just use the IMPORT function in drpodder's menu.

To get to the IMPORT EXPORT options, you have to be on the main screen you can not be in a feed or you will not see those options.

Now if you want to take a feed from itunes and put it into drPodder:

If I'm not mistaken (I don't have iTunes installed), just go to your feeds in iTunes, and select 'get info' on the feed, copy that xml information.

should start something like: http://feeds.. . something like that.

I personally don't use iTunes, I go to the website of the feed itself.

So for example CNET NEWS, go to their website and look for 'RSS' look for that symbol. Select, feeds for anything other than iTunes. If you select iTunes, it brings you to the iTunes store.

Just use the 'other' and you will get a page and you can copy that info.

I'm sorry, I might not be explaining this part very well, but I'm sure someone will offer a better explanation then me.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I'm sure you're limited by the SDK, but if you could make a version of drPodder that would play back at 1.5x or 2x speed, I'd pay $20 for it.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    I'm sure you're limited by the SDK, but if you could make a version of drPodder that would play back at 1.5x or 2x speed, I'd pay $20 for it.
    Two things: I don't think drnull is in this for the money, and Podshifter will speed up a podcast for you: PodShifter: Speed Up Podcasts For Faster Play (I haven't used it, but it has been mentioned in this thread.)

I'm sure you're right about the SDK too. It would be a nice feature, but for now I'd give Podshifter a try.
    It has been mentioned many times in this thread that Palm's API for music playback does not support changing playback speed. It is, however, part of the HTML5 audio playback spec so it is entirely possible that WebOS will gain support for it as it increases its HTML5 support.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingle1911 View Post
    What is backed up data is backed up with that. It would be really helpful if drpodder somehow knew what episodes I had already played.
    I don't think palm backs up any data like that for app catalog apps. Sorry!

However, if you have the app catalog version and grab the .db file out of /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.drnull.drpodder_0/*.db then you could replace the .db file on your new Pre.

If your Pre is hooked up via USB (for example, drive E), you should be able to browse to
    E:\.app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.drnull.drpodder_0\

There you'll see a .db file. Copy that before you return your existing Pre. You can copy it back to your new Pre after you've run drPodder once one the new Pre (you have to run drPodder once to create the file - it will be named differently, so copy the backup file OVER TOP of the newly created .db file).

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    So if anyone knows the correct 'app id' please let me know?
    com.drnull.drpodder

Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    Ha! I would be extremely happy if this was available as well. I have fingers crossed that I get to implement this soon. I want it SOOO bad for those longer podcasts with slow talkers (I think Java Posse & Stack Overflow would be much easier to listen to at 2x.)
    EDIT: Ok, I just tried Java Posse at 2x. I think I'm going to have a heart attack. Let's try 1.5x

Matter of fact, I think I'll start using podshifter (per jamiehs's suggestion) now until support is added in to the SDK. That way maybe I can address some issues with drPodder/podshifter compatibility that I've seen mentioned.

Who knows, maybe it's even something I could add to drPodder, an option to send this podcast through podshifter? Waiting for Palm might be a slow proposition... They have lots on their plate.
    Last edited by drnull; 03/11/2010 at 11:04 AM.
    i still can't stream when connected via 1xrtt. Any chance you can disable your evdo, and see if you can stream via 1xrtt?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenbaaron View Post
    i still can't stream when connected via 1xrtt. Any chance you can disable your evdo, and see if you can stream via 1xrtt?
    Can you download? I put in a fix recently for downloading via 1xrtt, but didn't touch the streaming code (mainly because I can't control that part of things). If you can download but can't stream, there's nothing I can do about it. If you still can't download... there's a bug I need to look into then.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiehs View Post
    Two things: I don't think drnull is in this for the money
    I in no way meant to suggest that drnull is anything other than that noblest of beasts, an altruistic developer working simply out of love for the game. I merely meant to express the value of drPodder and the speed feature to me in terms most people can understand. Also, should drnull find cold hard cash (ok, warm electronic bits of money) distasteful, there are plenty of worthy charities to which it may be donated

, and Podshifter will speed up a podcast for you: PodShifter: Speed Up Podcasts For Faster Play (I haven't used it, but it has been mentioned in this thread.)
    Can't believe I hadn't seen that before, thanks!

I'm sure you're right about the SDK too. It would be a nice feature, but for now I'd give Podshifter a try.
    I of course would prefer a setting in drPodder (or on webOS audio in general) that I could adjust on the fly, but Podshifter works well for now.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cstam View Post
    First off, Great program! ...[original cut]... I would love to be able to control (at least) play and pause from the notification area when I'm multitasking and more importantly from the lock screen, in the same way that the music app and music remix work. Is there a way you can figure that out, it would make the app so much more valuable to me.
    Thanks.
    Forgive me if this has already been answered for cstam's post or elsewhere, but I can't see that the above post was ever really addressed. +1 on being able to control from the notification area or dashboard. DrNull, is there any chance you might be adding this? For me, it's the only functionality that is truly missing from the app. I think I may have seen somewhere that it would be an issue for the app catalog due to some API requirement, but if that is the problem then perhaps to the HB version?

(I've used the homebrew version for months and will continue to use it, but as many others have done I have purchased the App Catalog version in support of this great app.)
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    In an effort to keep options at a minimum, here's what I'll do. If the extension is obvious from the enclosure filename (like it is for the feed you're referring to) such as [url] I'll take the extension on the enclosure name and reverse back what type that file is. For file types that I know about. This might take a few revisions to get right, but I'll try to be relatively quick about posting new versions if this breaks a feed for anybody.

Of course, if the url is something like [url] then there's no way for me to know what type the file is, and I'll have to rely on the type specified in the enclosure tag.

Well, technically when the download completes, webOS notifies me what type the file is, but then there is no way in webOS to rename the file, yadda yadda, etc. *sigh*
    Thank you. I really appreciate. I wish they would just fix their file. This is one of my fave apps. You have done a fantastic job here.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Request:

With the inclusion of video podcasts, can we get the option to DL over WIFI to be in the Feed Options instead of the Application Settings. Therefore you can choose which feed to dl over wifi only.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Can you download? I put in a fix recently for downloading via 1xrtt, but didn't touch the streaming code (mainly because I can't control that part of things). If you can download but can't stream, there's nothing I can do about it. If you still can't download... there's a bug I need to look into then.
    oh, ill try to download for you, i normally wait for wifi when downloading i suspect downloading over 1xrtt would take forever.
    Ever since the 1.4 update I have been having an issue with downloading over EV. It will start, but then stops and I have to restart it numerous times. I haven't tried wifi yet. Any ideas?
    Help! I am trying to get my podcast subscription to the Jim Rome Show to work on drPodder... the feed is rss.premiereradio.net/jimrome/podcast.xml). This feed works fine on my iTunes. And yes, I used the "Authenticate" to include my login and password... I still get "Invalid URL". Thanks,
    jje
  20. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyjellis View Post
    Help! I am trying to get my podcast subscription to the Jim Rome Show to work on drPodder... the feed is rss.premiereradio.net/jimrome/podcast.xml). This feed works fine on my iTunes. And yes, I used the "Authenticate" to include my login and password... I still get "Invalid URL". Thanks,
    jje
    I don't know if you're copying that closing parenthesis into Dr. Podder or not (you indicated the URL is rss.premiereradio.net/jimrome/podcast.xml)), but perhaps that's the issue, and the URL is actually rss.premiereradio.net/jimrome/podcast.xml (without that closing parenthesis). I don't have a username and password to test this theory, but if I plug the URL into my web browser WITH the closing parenthesis, I get an error, and without it I don't.....I hope that helps....