View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 78 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    BTW, congrats. Do i need to uninstall the homebrew version to load this one?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    Any way to easily move my read/unread status and downloaded podcasts to the paid app? Command line stuff is fine.
    Assuming the database schema hasn't changed, you should be able to move your drPodder HB database over to drPodder. Just launch drPodder and let it create a default database, then go into USB mode and copy/move your drPodder HB database to the same directory & filename as the drPodder one and relaunch it. I just did this and it works great.

It looks like the downloaded files are not stored under .app-storage so no need to move those around.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    [snip]
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Haha, no, you haven't damaged your phone. I removed those to try to speed up the application. I wasn't fond of the zooms all over the place. Maybe I'll make that a preference someday if anybody really misses it. You're right, though, it does change the "feel" of the app and makes it maybe a bit less webos-ie?
    I actually like the scene transitions, to me it makes things seem a bit smoother but that's purely a cosmetic preference. Certainly not a huge deal.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    - Is it a known issue that moving forward and back (double arrows) doesn't always move the audio? What I mean is that often hitting either of the double arrow buttons moves the time forward or back but replays the same part of the audio I was at.

- Do you plan to support the chapters and pictures that some podcasts includes? For example, the Engadget and GDGT podcasts include pictures that change throughout the podcast related to what they are talking about that display on Ipod/Iphones. It seems these images and chapters are embedded into the mp3 files, at least the Itunes downloaded versions.
    Yes, seeking in audio files is a know (Palm) issue... I've never heard anything about resolution though.

No, I don't think I'll be able to support the Enhanced AAC features you're referring to. Well, not until Palm builds that codec support into the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    Any way to easily move my read/unread status and downloaded podcasts to the paid app? Command line stuff is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nxg125 View Post
    Assuming the database schema hasn't changed, you should be able to move your drPodder HB database over to drPodder. Just launch drPodder and let it create a default database, then go into USB mode and copy/move your drPodder HB database to the same directory & filename as the drPodder one and relaunch it. I just did this and it works great.
    Yes, what nxg says will work fine.

You really don't need to though, unless you want to jump between the two versions. If you want the latest, stick with the homebrew. If you want the Palm approved version, go with the catalog. As long as you still purchase it, I don't care which you use.

Here's the pseudo-code for copying the db over FROM drPodder-hb TO drPodder. As nxg mentioned, make sure you run drPodder once before trying this.
    Code:
    ## make sure there's only one file returned from this command
    ls /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.drnull.drpodder-hb_0/*.db

## make sure there's only one file returned from this command as well
    ls /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.drnull.drpodder_0/*.db

cp /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.drnull.drpodder-hb_0/*.db /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.drnull.drpodder_0/*.db
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Sweet; thanks guys. If it makes no difference for you, I guess I'll stick with HB for now. Be sure to let us know if usage stats ever start to mean anything.
    The other solution that someone suggested to me once is that if you use Mediafly.com to subscribe to podcasts, you can then use the user-specific RSS feed Mediafly provides in DrPodder, so that you only need to add one feed there, and all of your podcasts will be contained in that one feed.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I removed those to try to speed up the application. I wasn't fond of the zooms all over the place. Maybe I'll make that a preference someday if anybody really misses it. You're right, though, it does change the "feel" of the app and makes it maybe a bit less webos-ie?
    To be honest, it does feel a little less ellegant without the zooming transitions. It's just a personal preference and in no way changes my opinion of the app in general but if you made it an option I would enable it right away. What can I say? It's all about the vanity!!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Great App! I read about it at PreCentral (I haven't done HomeBrew), went to purchase it & noticed there weren't any reviews. There was enough positive comments that I paid my $.99 & downloaded. Tested it & it works great! Looked at the App Catalog about 20 minutes later & there were 33 Reviews--everyone of them 5 stars. Great job!
    Great work on this app. I recently started using it more heavily and bought the app catalog version today to reward your efforts. I do have a question vs. suggestion. When viewing podcasts in iTunes, there are two fields with "episode details." The first is the description, which really acts more like a title, often with info like "Hosted by so and so." Then, if you click the little info icon (gray circle with white "i"), you get lots more details about the podcast. For example, if the podcast is composed of many songs, it often lists out the title of each song.

In drpodder, I have noticed the "Episode Details" contains only the Description and not the more detailed info with song names. Is it possible to get this other information into the app? It would be great to follow the sequence of songs being played as the podcaster discusses each one.

Thanks again for the great app.

thesnowdog
    I was so pleased today to see this made the catalog. I use it so much it was the least I could to to purchase the app catalog version. 5 star review. I have been using drPodder since back when it was called PrePod.
    Congratulations!

I just got my copy from the offical Palm App Catalog!

This is a great day!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but this thread is huge. Would it be possible to change URLs in show notes so that clicking them would launch the browser?
    I was thrilled to see my favorite app in the catalog I only wish I could give it a 10 star rating.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnowdog View Post
    When viewing podcasts in iTunes, there are two fields with "episode details." ... In drpodder, I have noticed the "Episode Details" contains only the Description and not the more detailed info with song names.
    Could you give me an example feed that does this (just email to support@drpodder.com)? Most of the ones I've looked at actually duplicate the description in both the itunes specific field (which I'm a little hesitant to look at because a:I despise apple and b:it's not standards compiant) and the standard "description" field. Of course, if I put this in, it will only show the itunes description if it's available, otherwise it will show the standard description.

Quote Originally Posted by crgunn View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but this thread is huge. Would it be possible to change URLs in show notes so that clicking them would launch the browser?
    Hmm, currently, if the show notes contain an actual link (as in the html code for a link) then it works fine. The issue there is that your podcast provider isn't making the url an html link.

I could do search and replace type things to detect the link... but frankly that's risky (I might break the html, then it wouldn't render properly). Could you contact the podcast provider and ask them to put html markup in the show notes so that links are clickable?

Regardless, could you send the url to support@drpodder.com ?
    Love it. Bought it. Use it daily.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    The "type" for the enclosure isn't specified. That makes it difficult for me to know whether to play it in the audio player or in the video player. I default to audio if no type is specified.

I've contacted the podcast owner and asked them to specify "video/m4v" or something like that as the enclosure type.
    I have also contacted the podcast owner and they have not responded or fixed the feed. I was wondering if someone could help me out with some sort of workaround here. It is possible to have a script in this particular folder that will automatically rename the .mp3 to .m4v? I am unable to rename files on my Pre from within WebOS. Internalz doesn't allow me to rename files. I'm not so seasoned on linux and I haven't coded in years so at this point, I wouldn't even know where to begin. Maybe even drnull, could you give us the option to choose the extension for all files from a certain feed in the event that the software has to figure it out? This is a really annoying problem and I'm just hoping that someone out there can offer some easier solutions than plugging my phone up to my PC all the time to fix them.

Thanks in advance.
    Thanks drNull. I purchased drPodder from the App Catalog and left a glowing review under Paul B. I am glad to be able to financially assist you for all the incredible work you've done on this app. As I said in my review, it would have been a bargain to me at $10. Major kudos!!!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Maybe even drnull, could you give us the option to choose the extension for all files from a certain feed in the event that the software has to figure it out?
    In an effort to keep options at a minimum, here's what I'll do. If the extension is obvious from the enclosure filename (like it is for the feed you're referring to) such as http://www.inthelifemedia.net/video/...6_fullshow.m4v, I'll take the extension on the enclosure name and reverse back what type that file is. For file types that I know about. This might take a few revisions to get right, but I'll try to be relatively quick about posting new versions if this breaks a feed for anybody.

Of course, if the url is something like http://example.com/episode/?id=1532 then there's no way for me to know what type the file is, and I'll have to rely on the type specified in the enclosure tag.

Well, technically when the download completes, webOS notifies me what type the file is, but then there is no way in webOS to rename the file, yadda yadda, etc. *sigh*
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Btw, I wanted to say "Thank You" to all the homebrewers who have gone ahead and purchased the app from the catalog and left such excellent reviews. It's been fun reading all those reviews over the past day! Really, really encouraging, you guys are awesome. THANKS!!

I accept the review you wrote in the catalog as your way of saying "You're welcome". No need to reply to this post.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Purchased 0.5.5, you really should bump the price a little. $1.99 or $2.99

Idea - offer a free version with just one or two feeds without the ability to change the stock feeds.

Video? When did you add the video?
    Last edited by Sky Nazi; 03/10/2010 at 02:32 PM.