View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 77 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    I don't think I understand... If you choose daily update with a specified time, then wouldn't you expect it to update 1 day after the last update, assuming that the last update was at that specified time?

Or, maybe there's a bug where the alarms aren't getting cleared. Did you have the updates set to "every 24 hours" previously? Maybe that alarm kicked off? Has the problem happened multiple days or just one (and can you describe it a little more please?)

EDIT: Or, maybe it's a bug with how the default settings are setup. If you change the time to something other than the default (you can then change it back), I think it will work.
    It looks like it worked last night. I had set it to run updates every 24 hours previously and it continued to update 24 hours after the last update, not at the time specified in the new daily setting. I guess it just worked itself out. Thanks again for all you do!
    I just started getting duplicates for every podcast; they download simultaneously and get marked as old at the same time once played.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    drnull,

Regarding the your indication that you fixed the "bug where downloaded podcasts would retain a bookmark at the end after finished", THANK YOU! This was driving me nuts I have a quick question though, can you advise if it's possible to "zero out" all the left over invalid paused playbacks? In other words, I don't have any paused playbacks for 2 of the podcasts I've subscribed to via Dr. Podder, however, they're still indicating multiple paused playbacks in the screen which lists all my podcasts which are left over from this prior bug. Is there a file I can edit on my PC in USB mode to zero out the number of paused playbacks? Or do I need to delete the applicable podcasts in their entirety and then restore them in order to get rid of these "ghost pauses"? I hope my question makes sense? I have quite a number of podcasts I haven't listened to yet, and hence my question about whether it's possible to edit this value without deleting the entire podcast first (and then having to redownload all the episodes I haven't yet listened to, I assume). Thanks for a wonderful app!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Drnull, I've noticed lately that the smooth screen transitions are gone from the app. Before it was like all the other apps on the Pre, where going from one screen to another was done through a little fade out/fade in motion. Now it appears that I go from one screen to another without the smoothness.

This is really not a big deal. I continue to use this app more than any other on this phone. I just wanted to make sure what I was seeing was real and that it wasn't a bug or something you wanted to know about. All the other apps on my phone seem to transition as usual. I've dropped my phone a few times recently and wanted to make sure this was not the result. Thanks!
    drnull -- i noticed the drpodder is showing up Palm's App feed (at http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...rnull.drpodder ), although it still shows as not available yet... quick questions:

Will the App Catalog feed have more features that the HB version? I am going to buy the App catalog version regardless so you get some downloads (and cash), but dont want to have to set up all my new feeds and download my podcasts again.. so, can i keep both of my Pre? Will you continue with the HB version?

thanks!
    It's in the App Catalog now. I believe drnull has said the App Catalog version will be more stable, and the HB version will be more of a beta, though I could be mistaken.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drsnacks View Post
    I just started getting duplicates for every podcast; they download simultaneously and get marked as old at the same time once played.
    Hmm, that's strange. Try exiting drPodder/rebooting your Pre? I assume they're showing up in a playlist, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Regarding the your indication that you fixed the "bug where downloaded podcasts would retain a bookmark at the end after finished", THANK YOU! This was driving me nuts I have a quick question though, can you advise if it's possible to "zero out" all the left over invalid paused playbacks?
    You should be able to change the "view" filter to "Paused" when you're view a podcast feed or a playlist. That will show you all episodes that drPodder considers as "paused", even if those episodes are marked as "old". From there, you can tap & hold on the episode and choose "Clear Bookmark" to remove the bookmark. (I really must get back to documentation!)

Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    Drnull, I've noticed lately that the smooth screen transitions are gone from the app. ... I've dropped my phone a few times recently and wanted to make sure this was not the result. Thanks!
    Haha, no, you haven't damaged your phone. I removed those to try to speed up the application. I wasn't fond of the zooms all over the place. Maybe I'll make that a preference someday if anybody really misses it. You're right, though, it does change the "feel" of the app and makes it maybe a bit less webos-ie?

Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    drnull -- i noticed the drpodder is showing up Palm's App feed (at Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further. ), although it still shows as not available yet... quick questions:

Will the App Catalog feed have more features that the HB version? I am going to buy the App catalog version regardless so you get some downloads (and cash), but dont want to have to set up all my new feeds and download my podcasts again.. so, can i keep both of my Pre? Will you continue with the HB version?
    Wow, thanks for that info, would you believe that you broke that news to me? I didn't even know it was accepted yet. Hooray!

The App Catalog version will have no new features. I've received very valuable feedback from the homebrew community. You've given bug reports, feature suggestions (downright demands sometimes! ) The least I can do is continue offering drPodder for free here. If you want to support me through the catalog, that's great! If not, well, it's open source anyways.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Hmm, that's strange. Try exiting drPodder/rebooting your Pre? I assume they're showing up in a playlist, right?

You should be able to change the "view" filter to "Paused" when you're view a podcast feed or a playlist. That will show you all episodes that drPodder considers as "paused", even if those episodes are marked as "old". From there, you can tap & hold on the episode and choose "Clear Bookmark" to remove the bookmark. (I really must get back to documentation!)

Haha, no, you haven't damaged your phone. I removed those to try to speed up the application. I wasn't fond of the zooms all over the place. Maybe I'll make that a preference someday if anybody really misses it. You're right, though, it does change the "feel" of the app and makes it maybe a bit less webos-ie?

Wow, thanks for that info, would you believe that you broke that news to me? I didn't even know it was accepted yet. Hooray!

The App Catalog version will have no new features. I've received very valuable feedback from the homebrew community. You've given bug reports, feature suggestions (downright demands sometimes! ) The least I can do is continue offering drPodder for free here. If you want to support me through the catalog, that's great! If not, well, it's open source anyways.
    downloaded it and it was my first app I paid for. Thanks for all your hard work on this. it was worth every penny
    It's out! A steal for 99cents! Thanks Null.
    everyone rate! Lets get the Dr what he deserves!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I'm buying it in the app catalog just to donate my buck and be able to review it 5-stars, but is there anything missing from the app catalog version, or does the SDK now let you do everything there that you do in the homebrew version?
    what happens if i download the paid app if i still have the "beta" app? does it just get updated?

just want to know if my added feeds will still be there or do i have to re-enter them
    You can export and import your feeds. Probably a good idea to do it even if you aren't going to the app catalog version, especially if you're prone to visiting the webos doctor...

Once you do export, importing the feeds from the drpodder file is a snap. It even keeps all your name changes.

Thanks null, am so happy to be able to support you and this excellent app in the catalog.

Also, I see you fixed the published date bug. I had some YT feeds that weren't in the right order despite being listed as by position, but now they're all mostly in the correct order. Thanks!
    Last edited by malpha; 03/09/2010 at 11:43 AM.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    I'm buying it in the app catalog just to donate my buck and be able to review it 5-stars, but is there anything missing from the app catalog version, or does the SDK now let you do everything there that you do in the homebrew version?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    what happens if i download the paid app if i still have the "beta" app? does it just get updated?

just want to know if my added feeds will still be there or do i have to re-enter them
    Just to make sure you guys see it:
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    It's out! A steal for 99cents! Thanks Null.
    everyone rate! Lets get the Dr what he deserves!
    Did both already

Glad I could be of service! I was happy to pay for (and give you 5 star rating) in the App Catalog, and will now just let the App Catalog version sit there and collect virtual dust while I continue to use the HB version. However, once all paid apps go worldwide, you may want to consider locking this down just to get more people to pay for the app (and at 99 cents, anyone can afford this!), with access to the HB version a timed trial or only for those who bought the app catalog version. just a thought!

either way, thanks again for the app!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I can't believe you're selling this for $.99!! Your generosity knows no bounds.

I have just bought it and am about to give it a 5-star review. Thank you again for the awesome app.

I do have to tell you that, after I downloaded it, it asked my if I wanted to download some technology feeds several times. It didn't update them right away, which I think is why it asked me so many times, but I did a luna restart and everything is just as I'm used to. Hope this helps.

Kudos Doc!!
    drnull, I'm a long time Dr. Podder homebrew user and purchased the App Catalog version to provide my official support.

I have a couple questions that may have already been discussed in this long thread.

- Is it a known issue that moving forward and back (double arrows) doesn't always move the audio? What I mean is that often hitting either of the double arrow buttons moves the time forward or back but replays the same part of the audio I was at.

- Do you plan to support the chapters and pictures that some podcasts includes? For example, the Engadget and GDGT podcasts include pictures that change throughout the podcast related to what they are talking about that display on Ipod/Iphones. It seems these images and chapters are embedded into the mp3 files, at least the Itunes downloaded versions.

All in all, I love this app and will continue to use it.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Any way to easily move my read/unread status and downloaded podcasts to the paid app? Command line stuff is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    Any way to easily move my read/unread status and downloaded podcasts to the paid app? Command line stuff is fine.
    export to email, and rename it to drpodder.xml. Put your phone in usb mode and copy the file to the root directory. When you load dr podder. Chose import via xml from the options menu.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I was happy to pay for (and give you 5 star rating) in the App Catalog, and will now just let the App Catalog version sit there and collect virtual dust while I continue to use the HB version.
    My thoughts and actions exactly.

However, once all paid apps go worldwide, you may want to consider locking this down just to get more people to pay for the app (and at 99 cents, anyone can afford this!), with access to the HB version a timed trial or only for those who bought the app catalog version. just a thought!
    This I don't really want to happen. I always want the latest drPodder and want it to be full version! I'm not sure what the solution is, because I do want him to get paid for this awesome app. IMO, Palm should charge an extra buck for each device and include this app on it