View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 74 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374757677787984 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
  1. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I just want to heap a little praise, here... I've been using drPodder since just about it's inception and this is just an awesome app! I like to listen to podcasts on my way to/home from work (~45 mins each way) and prior to this, I would download the podcasts on my PC, copy them to a SD Card (or directly when I got the Pre) and then play them from my Treo/Pre's built in music player.

This was tedious and I had to remember to copy the new podcasts over or else I had nothing. And then, when I would listen to the podcasts, the music player didn't have a bookmark... so any time the app closed, I would have to manually navigate to where I thought I left off.

Now, with drPodder, I have to do nothing! I set up my podcast feed and that's it! Podcasts are automatically downloaded to my phone.. the player remembers which podcasts I've listened to and where I left off. Simply awesome!

If an an occasional glitch pops up here or there - they are quickly addressed by drnull and he responds to questions and problems with the best attitude I've seen in these boards.

So kudos, drnull! You have my utmost gratitude and respect!
    I am having issues with Dr.Podder.

I play BOL netcast and the Pause option is no longer there it just streams with no way to pause it? I never had this issue before with this App or The BOL feed.

Also when I try to resume play it just play from beginning?

ANy ideas of what could be the problem?
    Anyone else experience similiar issues?

Any ideas of a fix ?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I think I may have found a minor bug in drPodder's "Episode Title Replacements" function:

The NBC Nightly News podcast (feed address here) has the following episode title format: "NBC Nightly News (audio) - ...". When I try to replace "(audio)" the brackets don't get replaced - only "audio" is replaced. It appears that somehow drPodder doesn't like the brackets.

Not a big deal at all though.
    First of all I want to say that this is my favorite non-phone-function app on my Pre, so thank you for it.

QUICK SUMMARY: I'm having the same "Buffering minus text" problem as dbeta.

After the webOS 1.4 update, I did a webOS Doctor on my phone. I re-installed DrPoddder, now called DrPodder HB. However, not the app is non-functional for me. Everyime I download a podcast and click on it, the screen changes to the play screen (with the podcast synopsis showing) and the little box comes up that normally says "Connecting..." or "Buffering..." but there is no text inside the box, and the podcast never plays. This same thing happens when I choose to stream the podcast rather than playing it. I have un-installed and re-installed the app, and have restarted my phone, all to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem, and what can I do? DrPodder is such a major reason why I even have a smartphone, and I'd hate to lose that functionality.
    Last edited by syoung27; 03/03/2010 at 10:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Can I get some more info on this? So you've got a list of episodes in the ALL list. The episodes are all downloaded (i.e., you're not streaming). You do "play from bottom". As each episode finishes, drPodder automatically loads up the next episode. At some point, you either finish all your episodes or you backswipe to go back to the episode list. You now see all the episodes still there.
    1) was that all correct?
    2) what is your "View:" filter? (New/ALL/etc)
    3) are the episodes that you listened to still downloaded? downloaded episodes will have either a (still marked as new) or (marked as old) button. non-downloaded episodes (ready to stream) will have
    (new) or (old) as the button.
    4) is the blue progress bar for all the episodes you listened to all the way to the right?
    5) when you click on one of the episodes you've listened to, it loads up, plays (for a second) and then goes back to the list. Does it get removed from the list then?
    6) is the text for the episodes you've listened to in the list black (not grey)?

Thanks for your help, I can't duplicate this, so I have to get some more info from you.
    1) You are correct.

2) My view filter is New.

3) The episodes are not still downloaded. They do not appear in the Downloaded view filter and they are not on my Pre when I look (using Internalz) where they should be.

4) Yes, the blue progress bar is all the way to the right.

5) If I try to resume one of the episodes I've listened to, it buffers and then starts from the beginning of the episode.

6) All of the episodes that appear paused are in grey.

Let me know if you need anything else. I'm happy to help!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I think I may have found a minor bug in drPodder's "Episode Title Replacements" function:
    When I try to replace "(audio)" the brackets don't get replaced
    The replacement is actually a regular expression. I know, that's not obvious. Therefore, you'll have to \ escape the '(' and the ')'...

The \ can be found under the "Sym" button on the keyboard. So your replacement should be
    Replace: \(audio\)
    With: ____ <--- I guess you're leaving this blank.

Quote Originally Posted by syoung27 View Post
    I really don't understand what's going on here. If anybody who is having this issue has the SDK installed and would like to do some troubleshooting for me, please contact me at support@drPodder.com
    Quote Originally Posted by syoung27 View Post
    First of all I want to say that this is my favorite non-phone-function app on my Pre, so thank you for it.

After the webOS 1.4 update, I did a webOS Doctor on my phone. I re-installed DrPoddder, now called DrPodder HB. However, not the app is non-functional for me. Everyime I download a podcast and click on it, the screen changes to the play screen (with the podcast synopsis showing) and the little box comes up that normally says "Connecting..." or "Buffering..." but there is no text inside the box, and the podcast never plays. This same thing happens when I choose to stream the podcast rather than playing it. I have un-installed and re-installed the app, and have restarted my phone, all to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem, and what can I do? DrPodder is such a major reason why I even have a smartphone, and I'd hate to lose that functionality.
    I have these same symptoms and have found if I download episode I can then play it in music remix. I know this is awkward but it is still an acceptable work around until bug is fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by apalemick View Post
    I had no trouble with that one.

Don't know how to get the Ricky Gervais podcast off iTunes, though.
    Anyone know how to get Gervais onto Dr Podder?

need this one badly...
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    The replacement is actually a regular expression. I know, that's not obvious. Therefore, you'll have to \ escape the '(' and the ')'...

The \ can be found under the "Sym" button on the keyboard. So your replacement should be
    Replace: \(audio\)
    With: ____ <--- I guess you're leaving this blank.
    Thanks for the clarification. That did it.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Anyone know how to get Gervais onto Dr Podder?
    Google "gervais podcast"
    Click the first link
    Click "Get the podcast via XML"
    Note the address in the URL.
    Put that address into drPodder

Ok, fine, it's http://podcast.rickygervais.com/podcast.xml

And if you want to do the community a favor, when you find a podcast like this that isn't in the directory (you did search for it first, right?), you can go add it yourself:
    DigitalPodcast Add Podcast page

EDIT:
    If, however, you are referring to some pay podcast that the publisher is distributing through iTunes only... sorry. Complain to the podcast producer and tell that that you're mad as heck and you're not gonna take it anymore. Free the bits!!!
    Last edited by drnull; 03/04/2010 at 11:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Unless you have webOS 1.4, please do not upgrade unless you are feeling adventurous or would like to help me with debugging. Users running drPodder 0.5.3 on webOS 1.3.5 may not have the ability to stream reliably anymore (as if it's ever been reliable...)

WebOS 1.4+ required.

Because of changes to the audio system, I can no longer support webOS versions below 1.4. I tried to fix streaming in 1.4, but that broke it in 1.3.5. And since I don't have a 1.3.5 device to test on anymore and am not willing to flash back and forth between 1.4 and 1.3.5 constantly to troubleshoot, I can't support previous webOS releases.

If you are running 1.3.5, can access your Pre's command line, and would like to help me troubleshoot the problems, contact me at support@drpodder.com and I will gladly work with you to troubleshoot.

drPodder v0.5.3 (3/4)
    • Now under GPL license
    • Fixing streaming problems in webOS 1.4
    • New scheduling options: (daily/weekly at a certain time)
    • Allow 1x downloads
    • Add/Edit feed page now saves on backswipe instead of requiring you to tap the Update button
    • Fix bug with "Hide From OS" option not being saved
    • Fix bug with background updates - sometimes the update would be terminated before the process finished writing to the DB
    • Because of above, notifications are now required so preference was removed
    • Fix bug where downloaded podcasts would retain a bookmark at the end after finished
    I wish stitcher and drpodder combined. Stitcher with Dr pod backend. yay.

Also, whats the app catalog eta?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Also, whats the app catalog eta?
    Notice all the bugs fixed in 0.5.3 Also, I wanted to wait for webOS 1.4 to come out so I knew how severe the planned audio changes were. As I expected, they caused a bit of trouble. At this point, I'll probably just have to put it in the catalog as a 1.4 required app. That's fine and all, just annoying that Palm had to break audio so badly. They claimed that it would be backwards compatible and be just fine, but we didn't see that.

Additionally Palm didn't like my CC license. Apparently creative commons wasn't meant for software. Who knew? And GPL is preferred by most OSS folks anyways, I believe.

So I hope to submit this weekend.
    Last edited by drnull; 03/04/2010 at 01:10 PM.
    I had to WebOS Doctor, and I'm reinstalling. The only program that seems to be giving me trouble is DrPodder....it's an essential app for me. Any reason I'd have an install failure using Preware? The IPKG Log includes something like ""Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?"
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    drnull,
    you are great and drpodder is similarly great. Looking forward seeing the 0.5.3 update. Thanks for all the hard work.
    I can't find the update in PreWare yet. Feeds updated, had other updates today too.
    New Username: PrfndHatrdOfMan
    Seriously, this App is insanely awesome. Even with the bugs some have had this is the most useful app for me in the catalog. I use it on commute in and out, sometimes at work, at home alot just fantastic. Especially ever since i found the wifi download unleash patch which makes the files download in an instant Dr Podder has been even better. There are a few thousand apps, mostly not worth paying for, but this one i would pay double for. thanks Dr. Null for all the hard work!
  18. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theattack View Post
    Especially ever since i found the wifi download unleash patch which makes the files download in an instant Dr Podder has been even better.
    FYI, I think the 1.4 upgrade must have removed the wifi speed limitation... my podcasts are downloading very fast now and I don't have that patch installed.
    Thanks for all the hard work you are putting into this App! I love using it and am always showing it off to friends.

Are you going to put it in the Preware feeds? Or are you going to work on just have it in the Palm Store?

Thanks, Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by Enox View Post
    I can't find the update in PreWare yet. Feeds updated, had other updates today too.
    Same here. Going bat****! Need my Dr. Podder!!!