View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 71 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    I've had my Pre since August and have become quite familiar with it and I monitor quite closely whenever I add something new to the Pre. I am also a creature of habit so my podcasts have been the same for quite a while and the way I listen to them has never changed. I can safely say that the lag problem I've recently noticed started as soon as I switched to the HB version. After your post, I reverted back to the old version and drove in to work this morning using the old version and I had no lag and no missed button presses. For me, the old version seems more stable for some reason.
    Great news! Quintus took some time to troubleshoot this for me. I suggested trying the app with "Free Rotation" turned off (that's in preferences on the feed list screen). He did that, and has had drPodder running for much longer than usual, and still isn't seeing the slowdowns.

I'll look into the issues with Free Rotation, but if you are having any lagging issues, you may want to try turning off Free Rotation until I get this problem fixed.

Thanks, Quintus for helping troubleshoot this!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Great news! Quintus took some time to troubleshoot this for me. I suggested trying the app with "Free Rotation" turned off (that's in preferences on the feed list screen). He did that, and has had drPodder running for much longer than usual, and still isn't seeing the slowdowns.

I'll look into the issues with Free Rotation, but if you are having any lagging issues, you may want to try turning off Free Rotation until I get this problem fixed.

Thanks, Quintus for helping troubleshoot this!
    Awesome!! I have no idea what "Free Rotation" is -- can you enlighten us?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wotan View Post
    Awesome!! I have no idea what "Free Rotation" is -- can you enlighten us?
    Basically, it's landscape mode. The name comes from the API used to enable it:
    Code:
    Mojo.Controller.stageController.setWindowOrientation ("free");
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nxg125 View Post
    Basically, it's landscape mode. The name comes from the API used to enable it:
    Code:
    Mojo.Controller.stageController.setWindowOrientation ("free");
    Landscape, reverse landscape, upside-down mode... the last of which was added specifically for jauderho (who is going to send me a picture of drPodder on his Pre upside-down in his car any day now... I'm sure of it)

Ok, so that was a preference naming failure on my part, obviously. I'll try to give it a better name.
    Is there any way to get drPodder to download podcasts over 1x data connections? I don't live in an EVDO area and it would be nice to download podcasts while I'm at work and don't need voice coverage. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Just so everybody knows, I'm aware of some streaming issues with drPodder and webOS 1.4. I'm working on getting those issues resolved and will have a new build out this week to address the problems.

Issues I'm aware of (for streaming):
    • Cannot resume playback at bookmark
    • Buffered amount isn't displaying correctly
    • Seeking is broken
    • "Buffering" status indicator sometimes stays displayed and play button stays disabled

This is part of the reason it's not in the catalog yet. Palm had told developers about a month ago that 1.4 would massively change the audio system, and I didn't have time to webOSDoctor my main every-day phone to 1.4 beta to test these issues.

The dilema I'm stuck with now is that if I resolve these issues for 1.4, I may create issues for 1.3.5 (or 1.3.5.1/1.3.5.2) and thus break drPodder for folks who won't get 1.4.x till later.

If anybody out there is still on 1.3.5.x (and knows how to install a .ipk) and would like to get a test build of 0.5.3 to help me test streaming, let me know this week at support@drpodder.com

Backwards incompatibility FTL.

Oh, and @primetime34 downloads should work fine over 1x. Let me know if they aren't (what error are you seeing?).
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Just a quick heads up, the changelog for 1.4 alludes to "faster download speeds". They weren't kidding. I just downloaded podcasts that usually take 45 minutes in under ten. I'll try and figure out exactly how much faster it is, but by the looks of it the rate limiter is gone in 1.4.
    I've heard from more than one person that they had never listened to podcasts in the past, and drPodder got them hooked on it.
    Both my wife and I fall into that category.

Looking forward to seeing it in the app catalogue. We will both purchase it, so you can pocket the $1.60 or whatever it is.

Good luck with the kid. I've got a 10 month old.
    Hmm wonder what they are planning if they changed the audio so heavily.

Oh, and @primetime34 downloads should work fine over 1x. Let me know if they aren't (what error are you seeing?).

They aren't....if I tap on the download arrow, nothing happens. I have the "Download only over wifi" preference turned off. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Hmm wonder what they are planning if they changed the audio so heavily.
    Well, they needed a change, honestly. While the streaming audio worked well enough from what I could see, sound was handled horribly in general for games and the like. Everything was high latency, among other issues. No idea if they fixed that or not yet, but a change was definitely needed.
    drnull, I was having the streaming problems you mentioned above with 1.3.5.1 but to a lesser extent. I noticed that the download progress blue bar doesn't progress. At least they didn't switch to Pulse Audio.
    Last edited by milliman; 03/01/2010 at 12:07 AM.
    as far as I know it's never worked over 1x for streaming. It just stays at connecting and never gets any farther.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Just confirmed the speed. 290 megabytes in about seven minutes, local transfer over wifi. It's no longer necessary for me to rush out of bed and start the download in order to have the audio before I go to work. Pretty sweet.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    They aren't....if I tap on the download arrow, nothing happens. I have the "Download only over wifi" preference turned off. Any thoughts?
    What podcast? Some podcasts use redirection methods that (sigh) aren't supported on webOS currently.

See https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=20&t=5476 for the bug report.
    Hey DrNull --

Using DrPodder HB (0.5.1) on Sprint WebOS 1.4...

As part of a prior-to1.4 Full erase and WebOS Dr, I lost a few episodes of a HomeServer Show podcast I listen to. No problem right....? I just re-added my drpodder.xml and all the feeds showed up fine. ALL my other podcasts showed up and downloaded attachments fine after my wipe and fresh start.

As for the HomeServerShow podcast, the most recent episode titled "Bonus Edition" downloads just fine. All prior episodes are there (and show episode detail information) but won't download -- sound like an enclosure issue. But I have no idea how to actually look further into this problem.

Ony KEY item of note is that the feed manager mentioned that he is testing 'a new podcasting platform for the blog' --- with the Bonus episode being the first new episode since that change. Seems like no one else at the blog has mentioned the issue I'm having. There has been no change to the http: http://feeds.feedburner.com/hsspodcast.

I've tried re-adding the feed. Same issue - most current has attachment, others seem to be missing attachments...

Do you mind having a look to help me help them resolve the issue (if there is an issue).
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I've tried re-adding the feed. Same issue - most current has attachment, others seem to be missing attachments...

Do you mind having a look to help me help them resolve the issue (if there is an issue).
    Strange... something has changed, either with 1.4 or with his server. The older episodes all have spaces in the title, and the request was failing. I'll try to roll this into this week's update once I get it done.

EDIT:
    Ahh, actually, crap. This isn't something I can handle... the spaces get introduced later on in the redirection chain. I think it's a LunaDownloadMgr bug that I'll have to submit to Palm, but I need to investigate more.
    This isn't something I can handle... the spaces get introduced later on in the redirection chain. I think it's a LunaDownloadMgr bug that I'll have to submit to Palm, but I need to investigate more.
    So, can I presume that if I were to ask him to avoid spaces in his attachment file names, we'd be OK pending a Palm fix?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    So, can I presume that if I were to ask him to avoid spaces in his attachment file names, we'd be OK pending a Palm fix?
    Looking at this further as I tried to get a good bug report into Palm, it looks like it might be on his side. If I do the following command:
    Code:
    curl -Lvo a 'http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/HSSPodcast/~5/GQWcb_YSPBs/The%20Home%20Server%20Show%2078.mp3'
    It redirects through:
    Code:
    http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/HSSPodcast/~5/GQWcb_YSPBs/The%20Home%20Server%20Show%2078.mp3
    http://media.blubrry.com/homeservershow/homeservershow.com/podpress_trac/web/3370/0/The%20Home%20Server%20Show%2078.mp3
    http://homeservershow.com/podpress_trac/web/3370/0/The Home Server Show 78.mp3
    http://media.blubrry.com/homeservershow/www.homeservershow.com/wp-content/podcast/The%20Home%20Server%20Show%2078.mp3
    http://www.homeservershow.com/wp-content/podcast/The] Home Server Show 78.mp3
    However, curl is smart enough to replace spaces with %20 on the two addresses that have spaces. LunaDownloadMgr, on the other hand, uses whatever the redirect line spits out. So since the redirect line has spaces in it, LunaDownloadMgr tries to connect to that.

So if he can get the redirect url's (the 302's that he'll see if he runs that command above) to not have spaces, but instead have %20's, then it should work fine. Maybe. Hopefully. As long as it's not raining...

EDIT: Here's the bug report: http://developer.palm.com/distributi...hp?f=20&t=5554
    EDIT2: I know that was more info than you wanted, but... Yes, if he avoids spaces or the appearance thereof, we should be good to go.
    You Rock. I'll get this info over to Dave at the Home Server Show.