View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 7 of 118 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    1. Tapped on Buzz Out loud.
    2. Tapped on an episode.
    3. Pressed Play.
    Episode 1026 and 1025 don't work.
    1026 After pressing it many times, it looks like it was downloaded, but it doesn't work (I think they do video on Fridays)
    1025 just doesn't wanna either download or play.
    So I tried 1024 and I can see it downloading and playing... weird...
    Funny stuff. So Buzz Out Loud... I want to bang some noggins there at cnet. Here's the deal. 1026, they've started going to this weird .swf enclosure. This causes problems with the download. For example, here's the enclosure for that episode: http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/av/n/emff...oud_072409.mp3
    Useless. So in the version I'm working on (it's coming later today, just gotta polish it up a bit more), I replace everything up to the last http:// so all those redirects are removed.

That's just the first issue. Second issue: 1025, 1021, and 1020 don't have enclosures in the XML RSS stream. Seriously. Nothing. They have seriously borked their rss feed. I can't fix that type of error. (more information about the problem with BOL: http://forums.cnet.com/5208-10152_10...hreadID=351487)

I would imagine they will fix it eventually, but the way the app reads feeds currently, if it reads about an episode once, and the details are not correct, it will never try to re-read those details. I have on the todo to update previously downloaded episodes when the feed changes. But that's not the way that rss is supposed to work. Once the feed goes out, you're not supposed to touch it again.

Thanks for the feedback. Many fixes and enhancements coming later today...
    Last edited by drnull; 07/27/2009 at 02:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    So i have read through the thread a few times and can't remember if it was said/suggested to be able to exit out of the playing podcast and not have it STOP!
    Yes, that is planned. Eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide By Zero View Post
    Graphical glitch: If you have more than 100 new podcasts, the star icon gets pushed down to the next line. Add http://www.cyberears.com/podcasts/podcast_5042.xml if you need an example.
    I stumbled upon that while doing some testing this weekend as well. It'll be in today's version.

The prompt for duplicate feed seems easy enough, I'll have to look at that sometime.
    when i add multiple podcast then close the app
    later when i reopen it some of them are not there anymore
    hope there is an update hate having to copy and paste every time
    great app tho
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Does it sound reasonable that if the playback stops because of a weak signal, it wouldn't pick up at the same point again when the signal returns? It's done this to me on a couple of occasions.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    In case you missed it, copied from first post:
    PrePod v0.3.0
    • Now using sqlite3 directly. I was able to add quite a few feeds in before I eventually hit an error (around 30 feeds or so). Please try adding your feeds a couple at a time and exit/restart PrePod to ensure they are still saving.
    • Bookmark functionality is a bit more useful now. The Bookmark is still automatically saved, but now you should see a blue bar in the episode list to indicate playback progress. As with most other functions, you can tap the icon on the right to clear the bookmark. Also, the "pause" icon on the feed list screen indicates how many episodes are bookmarked.
    • When you finish an episode, the bookmark is cleared, and the episoded is marked as "listened". You still have to manually delete the episode. Autodelete will come in the future.
    • Keyboard hotkeys. They're not configurable, but the bottom 5 keys on your keyboard (Shift, @, space, ., Sym) now correspond to the 5 (slightly changed) buttons on the Episode Detail screen (the player screen) - "Skip back 60 seconds", "Skip back 15 seconds", "Play/Pause", "Skip forward 15 seconds", "Skip forward 60 seconds".

WebOS 1.1.0 REQUIRED!
    The "ext:" prefix storage option for sqlite3 db's was not implemented correctly in 1.0.4. Please make sure you have upgraded.

Also, I am not importing your feeds from versions 0.2.2 and 0.2.3. I apologize for that, but I didn't want to risk bringing over any corrupted data. And I'm lazy.... Besides, with the storage problems of 0.2.2 and 0.2.3, you can't possibly have *that* many feeds. Right? I promise I will make every effort to keep future upgrades compatible with previous versions.

Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Does it sound reasonable that if the playback stops because of a weak signal, it wouldn't pick up at the same point again when the signal returns? It's done this to me on a couple of occasions.
    No, it's completely unreasonable. However: that, sadly, is the state of things. Hopefully the storage problem is on its way to being fixed, then I can focus on actually adding fun features again.

I would suggest that you download the episodes if you are going to be going through sketchy service areas.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Great app. Just what I was looking for. I got WebOs Install and File coaster just so I could have this and its working great. I look forward to the improvements.

One minor quibble: The pictures that are imported for the podcasts look squished. At least the ones that come preloaded look crisper. For instance I listen to WFMU Best Show with and Keith and the Girl and the icons just look off. Hadn't seen this mentioned before

Not a big deal-- I'm loving having access to my podcasts to stream or download and not having to sync with itunes nightly. Fantastic.

I love that it will bookmark your place while streaming podcasts too, . That is brilliant. That really irritated me when using Netvibes as my podcatcher.

I'm excited for autodownload! Keep up the great work.
    Last edited by atom00; 07/27/2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Added
    In the latest version 0.3.0 I see there are now two fast forward/rewind buttons. The 1st FF does nothing for me. It moves ahead in time but the audio stays the same. The 2nd one (farthest to the right) skips ahead one minute. How are these buttons supposed to perform?
    I am going to load this tonight but I am new to the world of Podcast. I started to ask people in this thread to post their favorite podcast sites but realized that this is not where I should do it.
    I started another thread and would love to get some ideas from all of you.
    Thanks,
    Deano

Heres the thread link:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-question.html
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    In the latest version 0.3.0 I see there are now two fast forward/rewind buttons. The 1st FF does nothing for me. It moves ahead in time but the audio stays the same. The 2nd one (farthest to the right) skips ahead one minute. How are these buttons supposed to perform?
    Yeah, that's an interesting one. It's supposed to be +/- 15 seconds (the ones closer to the pause/play button) and +/- 60 seconds (for ones on the outside). It seems as though 15 seconds is too small for the player to differentiate, and it just ignores the seek request and continues playing where it was before. Very disobedient little player.

Any preferences out there for those buttons? 15/60? 30/90? I like having a short one to go back and catch context after I zone out.

atom00, that formatting issue will be fixed next time I push a release out. Images will be height limited now and scale accordingly. (now watch, some feed somewhere will have a wiiiiiide icon that will mess everything up). Additionally, keep in mind that streaming can be very flaky. I really haven't tested it much at all. The most frustrating part is the buffering, I need to find out how I can control that so it will buffer the whole episode and not just a little piece.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Yeah, that's an interesting one. It's supposed to be +/- 15 seconds (the ones closer to the pause/play button) and +/- 60 seconds (for ones on the outside). It seems as though 15 seconds is too small for the player to differentiate, and it just ignores the seek request and continues playing where it was before. Very disobedient little player.
    For me those seek buttons seem to be working in the podcasts I tried, both 15 seconds and 1 minute. Its the pause/play button that is lagging quite a bit and sometimes doesn't work at all.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Bible Answer Man

This feed seems to add fine, but when I try to download any of the podcasts I get the error downloading, URL undefined. Help.

Any preferences out there for those buttons? 15/60? 30/90? I like having a short one to go back and catch context after I zone out.
    can you make one button skip for a specific interval and the other be held down to fast forward?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jason5391 View Post
    I'll have to add this feed format to the parser. It doesn't use the standard "enclosure" tag for the mp3.

Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    can you make one button skip for a specific interval and the other be held down to fast forward?
    They really should both do that, just at different intervals. One would jump quick and the other would jump slowly. I'll add that sometime in the next few days.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I'm happy with push for 15 seconds, and hold for fast forward\rewind. I just want to be able to skip through commercials.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    great app.
    Since upgrading to 3.0 the bookmarks do not work and after initially pressing the play button, the play/pause button lacks functionality
    I installed this, but when I try to listen to a podcast, I get about 3 seconds of audio and then stops.

edit: seems that only Palmcast is working..
    I take that back. I got 3:21 into Episode 68.5 and it just stopped. No joy.
    Thread title updated to new verison:

PrePod v0.3.0 (7/27) [was v0.2.3]

That is an amazing amount of work, drnull.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/27/2009 at 09:27 PM.