View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 67 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    The SGU feed is working for me and it seems I am using the mentioned URL. Are you sure you have it copy/pasted correctly?
    I tried a search, but no luck:

My feed settings has "delete-when-finished" off, but they're still being deleted after I listen to them.

Any suggestions?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carle3 View Post
    One of my podcast has changed and I not longer am getting the feed. I went to the web site and this is the feed information I get.

The Skeptics Guide

Dr Podder show this as an invalid URL. Is there something else I should be looking for to manualy update this feed. Currently Digital Podcast is behind the times right now and has the old feed information.
    Ditto... seems to work fine for me. Try viewing this thread on the Pre, clicking the link, then copying the page address and pasting it in.

Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    My feed settings has "delete-when-finished" off, but they're still being deleted after I listen to them.
    Delete when finished refers to deleting the downloaded episode. Is it deleting the downloaded episode? Or is it marking the episode as Old, and thus, the episode isn't showing up in the list as the filter is set to "New" only?

You can change the view filter in the Episode List screen (bottom left button) to "ALL" to view all episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Ditto... seems to work fine for me. Try viewing this thread on the Pre, clicking the link, then copying the page address and pasting it in.

Delete when finished refers to deleting the downloaded episode. Is it deleting the downloaded episode? Or is it marking the episode as Old, and thus, the episode isn't showing up in the list as the filter is set to "New" only?

You can change the view filter in the Episode List screen (bottom left button) to "ALL" to view all episodes.
    Filter issue, apparently. I've been misunderstanding this for some time, I guess. Maybe it's because I forgot to restore my old pre-Doctored settings.

Thanks.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Okay, I installed the new version and I still can't get the Buzz Out Loud podcast to play - it just continually strobes "...Connecting...". It was doing the same on the old drPodder. It used to work back in the PrePod days, and it's one of the default feeds installed.

Is it just me?
    I can get other NON-Cnet feeds to work.
    Not sure if this has been asked before however would you consider adding the ability to playback podcasts at 2x the original speed? I can't seem to find that functionality in the music app and some of the podcasts could easily be listened at double speed.
    I just re-entered the information and it took the url and is now showing the feed. I swear this morning and last night when I did this it would not work. Thanks for the help. Off to the eye doctor I go
    Quote Originally Posted by darksine View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked before however would you consider adding the ability to playback podcasts at 2x the original speed? I can't seem to find that functionality in the music app and some of the podcasts could easily be listened at double speed.
    I would love this feature, as well. Or, better yet, have a slider or dialog box to specify how much faster you want playback to be if 2x is too fast. I was thinking 1.5 would be great for many of the podcasts I listen to.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    Okay, I installed the new version and I still can't get the Buzz Out Loud podcast to play - it just continually strobes "...Connecting...". It was doing the same on the old drPodder. It used to work back in the PrePod days, and it's one of the default feeds installed.

Is it just me?
    I can get other NON-Cnet feeds to work.
    I've been streaming BOL for a few weeks and it is working fine for me. Is it doing this for all episodes of BOL? Streaming over WiFi, Ev, or 1x?

Quote Originally Posted by darksine View Post
    I would love to support this at some day (I've pictured a menu choice that lets you choose between .5 and 2.0 playback speed in .1 increments or something). The problem is that the webOS audio object doesn't (currently) support the playbackRate parameter necessary to change the playback speed. Maybe in a future webOS update this will be supported...
    I've been streaming BOL for a few weeks and it is working fine for me. Is it doing this for all episodes of BOL? Streaming over WiFi, Ev, or 1x?
    Hmm.

It's doing it for all episodes of every CNET podcast I've tried, BOL, Gadgettes & Car Tech. The audio version just sticks at "..Connecting..", the Video version (if applicable) tosses an error.

The Engadget and Benheck.com podcasts work fine.

This is over EVDO and Wifi. Haven't tried 1x.

Not sure what can be causing it....

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    OK I've been trying to figure out what url to enter for this podcast: Grace Church Nashville Podcast with Lindell Cooley - Download free podcast episodes by Lindell Cooley on iTunes. none seem to be working and I'm sure this is totally user error. Would really appreciate some help.

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by davara6 View Post
    OK I've been trying to figure out what url to enter for this podcast: Grace Church Nashville Podcast with Lindell Cooley - Download free podcast episodes by Lindell Cooley on iTunes. none seem to be working and I'm sure this is totally user error. Would really appreciate some help.

TIA
    You can't use an Itunes URL, you need to find an RSS URL.

Google gave me this one:
    Grace Church Weekly Podcast with Pastor Lindell Cooley

You try it yet?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    No. I am a total podcast newbie. Will try that. Thanks!
    I searched for Grace Church Nashville Podcast and it was the first link.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    You can't use an Itunes URL, you need to find an RSS URL.

Google gave me this one:
    Grace Church Weekly Podcast with Pastor Lindell Cooley

You try it yet?
    Just in case you didn't get the Private Message, this is the correct podcast url
    Grace Church Nashville Podcast with Lindell Cooley
    The first one returned by google is an old link
    Hey drnull, do you have any updates coming for drPodder? Or the other podcast app that you are working on? Please share the love..
    I start downloading my episodes, they get about halfway done, then stop downloading and give me an error. This didn't happen on the previous Drpodder, just with drpodderhb. Any help/reason? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Hey drnull, do you have any updates coming for drPodder? Or the other podcast app that you are working on? Please share the love..
    Aye, 0.5.1 came out Sunday. Couple of new features, see the top post.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    I start downloading my episodes, they get about halfway done, then stop downloading and give me an error. This didn't happen on the previous Drpodder, just with drpodderhb. Any help/reason? Thanks.
    Is there any chance your media partition is full? (check under Device
    Info->Phone->Available)

What is the error you get? What version of webOS are you running?
    drnull, did I mention I am enjoying the new graphics that illustrate how many podcasts I have on a given feed? Fun!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Aye, 0.5.1 came out Sunday. Couple of new features, see the top post.

Is there any chance your media partition is full? (check under Device
    Info->Phone->Available)

What is the error you get? What version of webOS are you running?

Partition definitely wasn't full. I'm on 1.3.5.1. As soon as I deleted the old drpodder, the feeds started working without difficulty. Don't know why, but everything is fine now. Thank you for the app that allowed me to cancel my XM Radio account!!