View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 66 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    This app is incredible and I use it daily with my Anycom Fipo Bluetooth adapter for listening to podcasts wirelessly through my car stereo. It's one of the features I show off most to friends.

I listen to the Johnjay & Rich Radio Show podcasts every day and all of the feeds (i.e. War of the Roses (HILARIOUS) work fine except for the main feed which is Johnjay and Rich at Their Best. Every time I try to load that feed Dr. Podder freezes and fails to load.

I don't know what's causing this but I don't want to reinstall Podder because All off the episodes I've listened to have been moved to "old" and if they all come back and I don't know which ones I've listened to and which I haven't. I don't necessarily listen to them in order.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    WebOS 1.3.5+ required.
    drPodder v0.5.1 (2/14)
    • NEW AppID!
      This will not upgrade your old version of drPodder, it will be a new app named drPodder HB. Yes, this is in preparation for submission to the App Catalog (Finally!!) Make sure you delete the PrePod directory after you are finished with your old drPodder (so that all the downloaded album art and podcasts that have possibly been "misplaced" over time are removed).
    • Option to hide downloaded podcast files (folder will have a "." prepended to it to hide it from the music player)
    • Option for free orientation
    • Bookmark saved on pause event (headphones unplugged, phone call, etc)
    • Mark as old/clear new deletes downloaded podcasts
    • Various fixes for BOL podcasts (they keep losing the enclosures)
    So finally (as of 1.3.5) webOS is updated to a point where I can get drPodder out of the com.palm namespace. So that means that this is a new application, not an upgrade to the existing app.

You can continue using these apps side-by-side, which will be convenient since there's no way to upgrade from one to the other. The upgrade functionality that I am using isn't available in yet in webOS, hopefully the next version will handle that. So if you had some episodes downloaded in the old drPodder, continue using it until you finish off those downloaded episodes (or you can re-download them using the new drPodder HB).

Other than that, you should be able to export your settings from the old drPodder as a OPML file and reimport by copying the drpodder.xml file to the root of the media partition.

Now that I'm back into the swing of things and not waiting for webOS updates to fix key parts of the app, I hope to be a little more responsive to bugfix requests. When my new 2 week-old isn't vying for my attention, anyways.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    drnull,

Congrats on the new little one (the baby, not the app). Can't wait to try the updated app.
    drPodder is hands down still my favorite app on the Pre. (And the iPhone still doesn't have anything that runs this well.) I love not having to plug in to the PC to sync every day
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Also thanks from me for all your great work on the app.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I went to Preware and do not see it. Where can I download this? btw congrats on your new addition to the family... Drpodder is my favorite app of all time and definitely you will see me buy it when it goes into the app catalog
    drnull, congrats on your baby. Ours turns 4-weeks old this Tuesday. I hope your experience has been as wonderful as ours - regardless of your new sleeping pattern.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dint56 View Post
    I went to Preware and do not see it. Where can I download this? btw congrats on your new addition to the family... Drpodder is my favorite app of all time and definitely you will see me buy it when it goes into the app catalog
    It should show up Preware: "List of everything" between TrackMyWork and FilmTotaal+ for me. Maybe it isn't showing up because I selected "needs moderator review"? Is it showing up for anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    drnull, congrats on your baby. Ours turns 4-weeks old this Tuesday. I hope your experience has been as wonderful as ours - regardless of your new sleeping pattern.
    Sleep?
    it's there!

i'm unclear on what needs to be done after downloading the new version. Would it just entail putting the phone in usb mode and deleting the old dr podder folder?

I too love this app and use it all the time. Am I to understand from the info above that the newer version won't have all the functionality of the older version..?
    I downloaded it already from Precentral homebrew app page.
    drnull When I try to download the green arrow to download a podcast I get the following error message
    The redirection link could not be found,

but when I play the podcast it plays fine. Do you know why that would be.

Destiny Church is the link for the podcasts I am trying to download.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by utahlife View Post
    it's there!

i'm unclear on what needs to be done after downloading the new version. Would it just entail putting the phone in usb mode and deleting the old dr podder folder?

I too love this app and use it all the time. Am I to understand from the info above that the newer version won't have all the functionality of the older version..?
    I try not to remove functionality, as a rule... that's why I've waited so long to get drPodder out of the com.palm domain. All the functionality of the old drPodder should remain. My comments just had to do with the fact that if you've got some episodes downloaded or bookmarks in them, those particular settings won't be automatically transferred over to the new app. So I was just saying that if you didn't want to redownload those episodes, you could just run both versions concurrently.

For what to do to remove the old version of drPodder: After you are finished with the old version and have all the settings you want to keep (feed url's and such):
    1. Uninstall the old drPodder (should show up as version 0.4.8 or so, and not say drPodder HB)
    2. Connect the Pre via USB and delete the PrePod directory.

That should be all it takes to remove all traces of the old version.

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    drnull When I try to download the green arrow to download a podcast I get the following error message
    The redirection link could not be found,

but when I play the podcast it plays fine. Do you know why that would be.

Destiny Church is the link for the podcasts I am trying to download.
    Did this work in the old version of drPodder? Some redirection isn't handled properly in webOS, and there's little I can do about that other than report the issue to Palm and ask them to fix it (in a future webOS release).
    No I had the same problem with the old one. I just thought it was weird that I could play the file but not download it.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    DrNull, congrats on the baby!
    Nice to see a new podder version. However, I can't get it to grab This American Life. Works just fine on the old version.

thanks again and congrats again!
    thank you! I look forward to purchasing and giving you your due in the app store.

i'll give the install a try..
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    I can't get it to grab This American Life. Works just fine on the old version.
    I assume you're using This American Life
    Seems to work fine for me, what part isn't working for you? (download, stream, etc)?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    I assume you're using This American Life
    Seems to work fine for me, what part isn't working for you? (download, stream, etc)?
    Yep, that was the link I was using.
    It's working now, though! Must have been a server glitch. I should have waited a while and tried again before posting.

Thanks again for the best Pre app evar. And good luck with that little one!
    Hey, sorry if I'm missing the point with this app, but.

The Youtube app really sucks and there are a few playlists from youtube that I'd like to be able to access on my Pre. I've been trying to add them to drPodder, but it's not really working. Does drPodder support this? Should the feeds be in a specific format or extension for them to work? If so, I could download them and tweak them, then upload them to a different website in the correct format, but to do so, I'd have to know how to fix them. Anyway, here's an example of a Youtube feed.
    So I found this Yahoo Pipe that converts the Youtube playlist to a Videocast, so it works on drPodder. The feed shows up in a funky order, probably something to do with YT, but I've got my vids!

Edit: The yahoo pipe stopped working, figures, but apparently you can make the standard gdata feeds into an rss feed compatible with drPodder by appending &alt=rss at the end, like so:

http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/...max-results=50

Change max-results to however many videos the playlist has or that you want, just know that it can't go higher than 50. When you open it up in drPodder, you won't be able to view it through the app or download it, but the episode details will have a link to the Youtube video which you can open in the YT app (where you can download it with the YT downloader patch if you want to).
    Last edited by malpha; 02/15/2010 at 02:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    So I found this Yahoo Pipe that converts the Youtube playlist to a Videocast, so it works on drPodder. The feed shows up in a funky order, probably something to do with YT, but I've got my vids!

Edit: The yahoo pipe stopped working, figures, but apparently you can make the standard gdata feeds into an rss feed compatible with drPodder by appending &alt=rss at the end, like so:

Palm Pre 1

Change max-results to however many videos the playlist has or that you want, just know that it can't go higher than 50. When you open it up in drPodder, you won't be able to view it through the app or download it, but the episode details will have a link to the Youtube video which you can open in the YT app (where you can download it with the YT downloader patch if you want to).
    Okay, the exercise videos I watch come out to youtube and I've been converting them to an mp4 video. You mean there's a way to watch them as a Podcasts in DrPodder? This will simplify my life. Rss is a reader. How exactly do you do this? PM me with details.
    One of my podcast has changed and I not longer am getting the feed. I went to the web site and this is the feed information I get.

http://www.theskepticsguide.org/feed/rss.aspx?feed=sgu

Dr Podder show this as an invalid URL. Is there something else I should be looking for to manualy update this feed. Currently Digital Podcast is behind the times right now and has the old feed information.