View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 65 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I added Onion News Network (Video) to DrPodder a few weeks ago and i have a few dozen podcasts in there..
    I had no trouble with that one.

Don't know how to get the Ricky Gervais podcast off iTunes, though.
    i subscribe to this website for audio continuing medical education.

when i subscribe to the rss feed only the most recent three episodes show up. is there a way to add the older episodes manually to dr. podder?

thanks!

paul
    Hopefully when I get around to adding in the ability to limit the number of episodes retrieved from large feeds, this problem will be minimized. I don't know if that will make it into the next release though.
    Any idea when the next release with be made available? Need any beta testers?

On the next release, would it be possible to automatically return to the podcast you were listening to the last time you exited DrPodder?

Great App!!

Thanks,

Steve
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this is a DrPodder problem, or a problem with this particular feed... I've been getting duplicates of Buzz Out Loud podcasts in my DrPodder "All" Playlist. If I delete one of them (or cancel the download), it deletes or cancels both copies.

A few weeks ago BOL was having RSS problems, so I don't know if this is something going wrong on their end... or if Dr Podder is having issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by devonair View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a DrPodder problem, or a problem with this particular feed... I've been getting duplicates of Buzz Out Loud podcasts in my DrPodder "All" Playlist. If I delete one of them (or cancel the download), it deletes or cancels both copies.

A few weeks ago BOL was having RSS problems, so I don't know if this is something going wrong on their end... or if Dr Podder is having issues.
    I think CNET and / or feedburner is still having some issues. The issue you described happened to me twice this week for the BOL podcast. Further, the Friday edition of Video Podcast Buzz Report with Molly Wood is missing an attachment so the m4v file won't download. Just added Buzz Report yesterday and all others this week dl just fine.
    first of all, I love this app. I can't believe News Room costs 4.99, but this is free.

Lost (the ABC show), is my number one podcast, but it doesn't come up in the directory. I've tried adding it manually, but the only address I found doesn't work.

anyone have an address for the Lost podcast that works?
    Quote Originally Posted by natefish View Post
    first of all, I love this app. I can't believe News Room costs 4.99, but this is free.

Lost (the ABC show), is my number one podcast, but it doesn't come up in the directory. I've tried adding it manually, but the only address I found doesn't work.

anyone have an address for the Lost podcast that works?

Newsroom only does TEXT RSS feeds, it has nothing to do with audio or video podcasts.

Maybe you meant MediaFly?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Newsroom only does TEXT RSS feeds, it has nothing to do with audio or video podcasts.

Maybe you meant MediaFly?

Rob
    No, I meant that a simple feed reader costs five bucks, but something that brings video and audio is free. But Mediafly is a good example as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by natefish View Post
    No, I meant that a simple feed reader costs five bucks, but something that brings video and audio is free. But Mediafly is a good example as well.
    Lost podcast can be found here: The Official LOST Podcast

I copied the address into drPodder and it downloaded just fine. Finally! Hope this helps anyone else obsessed with this show. If you like the show and have never listened, it's worth the 20 minutes a week, especially during its final season.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Ah, can you tell us what the extension should be?

From what to what?

There are lots of extensions to choose from.

Rob
    I'm REALLY late on replying to this but I just change the extension to .m4v and it works just fine for me.
    I have absolutely no idea what this app does. How about starting the manual with a simple explanation that assumes the reader knows almost nothing. Explain it to your grandma. Seriously. Context helps before diving into the geekery.
    hi the engadget podcast wouldnt update, so i deleted it and tried adding it agian, it wont add now. i can add other feeds, but not he engadget one.
    Quote Originally Posted by xylenz View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what this app does. How about starting the manual with a simple explanation that assumes the reader knows almost nothing. Explain it to your grandma. Seriously. Context helps before diving into the geekery.
    Okay let's start at the beginning for you. There's this new-fangled invention called a 'podcast'. You get a periodic radio show without having to ever replace the vacuum tubes in your receiver. Even better, you can listen to it whenever you want to! Ahh, what wonders those crazy kids are coming up with these days!

And now, with these cellular telephone devices, you can get the internet in the palm of your hand! Through that invisible 'series of tubes' being sent around constantly, these 'podcasts' can be streamed to your 'Palm Pre' over the air. And even better, they can be automatically downloaded in advance of when you need them, so you can listen no matter where you are. This 'application' can do both.

Simple enough for you yet?
    Is that an actual question, or just flame bait? It comes across like you're criticizing the developer and all the other people who are on here to help for not catering to your individual ignorance. Would you walk into a Mercedes dealership and b!tch that they don't have pamphlets explaining what an automobile is?

Perhaps you should start here: Let me google that for you
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    @natefish if you haven't already, you should check this one out: Geronimo Jack's Beard
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Okay let's start at the beginning for you. There's this new-fangled invention called a 'podcast'. You get a periodic radio show without having to ever replace the vacuum tubes in your receiver. Even better, you can listen to it whenever you want to! Ahh, what wonders those crazy kids are coming up with these days!

And now, with these cellular telephone devices, you can get the internet in the palm of your hand! Through that invisible 'series of tubes' being sent around constantly, these 'podcasts' can be streamed to your 'Palm Pre' over the air. And even better, they can be automatically downloaded in advance of when you need them, so you can listen no matter where you are. This 'application' can do both.

Simple enough for you yet?
    Yes. Thanks. I actually was being serious. Imagine if you came to the docs for a new application and right away it dove into three pages of technical details, complex installation instructions, and a list of arcane and obscure new features. While this might appeal to people who are already familiar with the app, the people who never even heard of the thing will be boggled. Its like writing a book starting with lots of formulae without explaining what those formulae pertain to. Readers need context, and writers do not insult the intelligence of the readers by providing it.

That said... people actually listen to podcasts? That sounds about as boring to me as reading someones blog (now that was flame bait).
    xylenz - I assume you have interests/hobbies? The idea of listening to others with similar interests or subject matter expertise has no value to you? Also, many mainstream productions are now available as podcasts so you can program your own "radio" station and listen to content of specific interest to you whenever you want.

To say listening to podcasts is boring equates to saying audio in general is boring. I think you are taking too limited of a view, but to each his own.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Yes. Thanks. I actually was being serious. Imagine if you came to the docs for a new application and right away it dove into three pages of technical details, complex installation instructions, and a list of arcane and obscure new features. While this might appeal to people who are already familiar with the app, the people who never even heard of the thing will be boggled. Its like writing a book starting with lots of formulae without explaining what those formulae pertain to. Readers need context, and writers do not insult the intelligence of the readers by providing it.

That said... people actually listen to podcasts? That sounds about as boring to me as reading someones blog (now that was flame bait).
    I find it quite amusing that you mention blogs in the same sentence where you are dismissing podcasts as irrelevant. Amusing - because as recently as 1.5 years ago, I had a similar view. Blogs were written by self-centered, narcissistic folks with nothing better to do than inform me about their latest vacation or meal (insert twitter joke here). And podcasts were just the musings of these jerks.

But then I actually started listening to them, and realized that they are a great way to learn more about what is going on in whatever particular topic you are interested in. Plus, they are great for occupying you during your commute, while doing house-/yard-work, or during your very exciting job...

Back to your original point: Yes. The documentation is lacking. In a big way. I'm in the process of updating it so that I can get drPodder into the App Catalog soon. I'll take your viewpoint into consideration and attempt to explain or link to a good explanation of podcasting and such. Thanks for the feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    hi the engadget podcast wouldnt update, so i deleted it and tried adding it agian, it wont add now. i can add other feeds, but not he engadget one.
    They might have changed the address that you originally used.

Go to the website and double check the feed address.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

thanks, tried to add the new feed but same stuff still.
    reinstalling drpodder didnt help.

mehbeh, with the ammount of patches and other things wrong with my phone (clock not working, email insanely slow) all happening this week, im due a webos doctor, just waiting for that 1.4 update