View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 64 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974114 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Ahh, no, drPodder keeps them around forever. The reasoning behind this was that if I deleted it from the database, then the next time you updated the feed, it would see those episodes again (and think they were new) and display them. There is a more elegant way to handle this, but it would require reworking quite a bit of stuff.

Marking as old does not delete the mp3, no. It probably should.
    Ah, I could see that being a problem if the podcast doesn't change much or if you wish to keep those old episodes around. But with the case of the KQRS Morning Show. They update the RSS feed every day Monday-Friday. But they only keep the 3 newest shows listed and the older ones are removed and I believe archived.

With regards to a rework of your app. An idea I had was to have an option to set whether you want to auto-delete the previous episodes after a certain amount of days. As in the case of the KQRS show, I would set it to delete after 2 or 3 days.

And as you said, having it delete the mp3 should be a good idea too.

Thanks!
    Great app! Still lovin the Podder . One request though, is it possible to add play controls through the notification bar? It be very handy pausing within any app instead of swiping back and forth to the podder app.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    It seems that since the 1.3.5 update I have had random problems with Dr Podder. I'll be listening to a podcast and have it sometimes stop randomly (even with lots of data buffered) and never reconnect unless I go back to the list and restart the podcast.

I am running this while sitting in the same place on WiFi. I also have it stop randomly sometimes and there will be no buffering or connecting. I just have to hit play again.

Kind of annoying problems since it happens 2-3 times per podcast.

Any ideas or help out there?
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dworlton View Post
    It seems that since the 1.3.5 update I have had random problems with Dr Podder. I'll be listening to a podcast and have it sometimes stop randomly (even with lots of data buffered) and never reconnect unless I go back to the list and restart the podcast.

I am running this while sitting in the same place on WiFi. I also have it stop randomly sometimes and there will be no buffering or connecting. I just have to hit play again.

Any ideas or help out there?
    I've been experiencing the same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkat View Post
    I've been experiencing the same thing
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Maybe it's my imagination, but setting maxrecvspeed=-1 made downloading a video podcast fly. (about ~5 minutes vs. 30 minutes last time..)

My phone was *very* much busy during this time though - with lunasysmgr eating 39% and the wifi service eating another 20%

1237 root 19 -1 178m 87m 13m R 39.3 36.6 2:36.12 LunaSysMgr

(would love for someone else to test this.. could also be that I'm sitting next to my router right now )
    -mark
    Great
    But how can i change the contents of file luna.conf. Because it is read-only??
    Any ideas?
    I've been having a ton of issues since 1.3.5.1 as well. Random pauses, a ton of phone lag, but the weirdest one is new.

I recently doctored my phone just to try to freshen it up. Since doctoring, certain podcasts aren't showing up in the "all" category. I have some screenshots to demonstrate. The main window says there's only 2 new podcasts in the all category, but clearly there's 2 lex and terry and 1 gaming podcast (there's a few below that too). It's weird, there's only a couple of feeds showing up in new.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dworlton View Post

Do you notice it with all podcasts or does this show up on only a few? And you mention that you've noticed it more since 1.3.5, is that what most others who have had the problem have noticed? Since 1.3.5, I've been focusing on downloaded podcasts since that's finally publicly available and relatively free of bugs, so I'll have to go back to streaming for a while personally and see if I can reproduce the issues you all are seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by mandarmuthe View Post
    Great
    But how can i change the contents of file luna.conf. Because it is read-only??
    Any ideas?
    There's a patch for that. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...d-manager.html

Apparently it needs to be updated, but he details everything you need to know about speeding up downloads over wifi in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    I've been having a ton of issues since 1.3.5.1 as well. Random pauses, a ton of phone lag, but the weirdest one is new.

I recently doctored my phone just to try to freshen it up. Since doctoring, certain podcasts aren't showing up in the "all" category. I have some screenshots to demonstrate. The main window says there's only 2 new podcasts in the all category, but clearly there's 2 lex and terry and 1 gaming podcast (there's a few below that too). It's weird, there's only a couple of feeds showing up in new.
    I've heard this bug report once before, and wasn't able to reproduce it. I'll start looking into this a bit more and see what I can find. Do you notice a certain feed that never makes it into all? By that, I mean:

All
    FeedA
    FeedB
    FeedZ

If you edit the All playlist and just select FeedA and FeedB, you might get them all, and if you add FeedD-FeedH, they might all show up in all as well. But as soon as you add FeedC, you start noticing that not all feeds are making it into the All playlist?

Let me explain what is happening on startup of drPodder. For each playlist, the associated feed episodes are iterated over and added to the episode list for that playlist. If that list gets "too large" (unknown at this time, but since webOS 1.2, it seems to be 1500 episodes or so) then trying to add more episodes fails. So if FeedC has lots of episodes, then it might push you over that "too large" boundry, and all future additions would fail.

Hopefully when I get around to adding in the ability to limit the number of episodes retrieved from large feeds, this problem will be minimized. I don't know if that will make it into the next release though.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    I've heard this bug report once before, and wasn't able to reproduce it. I'll start looking into this a bit more and see what I can find. Do you notice a certain feed that never makes it into all? By that, I mean:

All
    FeedA
    FeedB
    FeedZ

If you edit the All playlist and just select FeedA and FeedB, you might get them all, and if you add FeedD-FeedH, they might all show up in all as well. But as soon as you add FeedC, you start noticing that not all feeds are making it into the All playlist?

Let me explain what is happening on startup of drPodder. For each playlist, the associated feed episodes are iterated over and added to the episode list for that playlist. If that list gets "too large" (unknown at this time, but since webOS 1.2, it seems to be 1500 episodes or so) then trying to add more episodes fails. So if FeedC has lots of episodes, then it might push you over that "too large" boundry, and all future additions would fail.

Hopefully when I get around to adding in the ability to limit the number of episodes retrieved from large feeds, this problem will be minimized. I don't know if that will make it into the next release though.
    I'll study it a bit, I doctored it Monday Night and it's only happened since. Here's what I think is going on (no confirmation) When you doctor, it doesn't wipe your internal folder. The feeds still showing up in new are the feeds that had downloaded files in the folder already before I doctored. I'll need to wait a week to let all my feeds update, but so far my Lex and Terry Podcast (which had 2 files sitting there when I doctored) and my TWIT podcast (which had 1 sitting there) are the only 2 that show up in all; nothing else so far shows.
    Actually, we both live in Charlottesville, if you wanted to look at it or if you thought seeing it would help (if you had free time or were bored one day) e-mail me, surfrock66@surfrock66.com
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    DrNull, I started to play with DrPodder right after you made it available (when it was still prepod) . . . on my emulator, needless to say that was useless as well emulator has no sound, but I was already in love with it. I just got My VZW PrePlus and got Podder and (even without any updates since september) it is a spectacular program, I agree with something most people have said here, it BLOWS the App catalogs measly 1-2 Podcast catchers out of the water.
    I'm glad you are still around (I was afraid that since there'd been no update that whole time that you'd gone missing or something)
    I'd be very interested in any other programs (Preware or App cat) you might be willing to make. Top notch
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Can someone help me add this podcast?

Mojo in the Mornings Podcast

I've tried everything with no luck
    I am also having trouble adding a podcast to DrPodder. It is the Onion News Network video feed (maybe it's crazy to try to add a video podcast?), and I have two different URLs, but can't get either to work correctly. These are the two I've tried:

Onion News Network (Video)

With that one I get about 4-5 episodes, from October of last year. I tried putting it into iTunes and it downloads the latest, so not sure what's up with that.

Onion News Network

Also found this one, but with that I get nothing at all (although it does not tell me incorrect feed, it lets me add it).

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by sbollag; 01/27/2010 at 08:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbollag View Post
    I am also having trouble adding a podcast to DrPodder. It is the Onion News Network video feed (maybe it's crazy to try to add a video podcast?), and I have two different URLs, but can't get either to work correctly. These are the two I've tried:

Onion News Network (Video)

With that one I get about 4-5 episodes, from October of last year. I tried putting it into iTunes and it downloads the latest, so not sure what's up with that.

Onion News Network

Also found this one, but with that I get nothing at all (although it does not tell me incorrect feed, it lets me add it).

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    I added Onion News Network (Video) to DrPodder a few weeks ago and i have a few dozen podcasts in there..
    So I fixed it.

First, I uninstalled and reinstalled the program; when it came back, all my old feeds were still there, but none really worked right.

I then uninstalled it, USB'd to the thing, and in /media/internal/.app-storage there were like 2 folders with drpodder in the name, and all had *.db files in them. I had to delete these, then reinstall drPodder, then reload my feeds, now I'm working back to normal.

I saved the *.db files as well.
    absolutely love dr podder, cause it has a lot of functionality that mediafly doesn't have. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to launch the media in a new card, like mediafly does, or provide that as an option? Because wile listening to the podcast, I would still like to browse podcasts in dr podder. Good idea?

sorry if this has been discussed, this is a longass thread

also, could there be a setting to automatically download new episodes of a podcast, and not old ones?
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 01/31/2010 at 08:08 AM.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Because wile listening to the podcast, I would still like to browse podcasts in dr podder. Good idea?
    as far as i know, you can browse podcats while anotehr one is playing.

can someone help me troubleshoot this feed and why its not working? it is the type of feed with a large number of podcasts (500+).

"mojo.channel955.com/podcast/MojointheMorningPodcast.xml"
    if i hit back to browse, it stops playing. alternatively i can play the file through the music app or open from internalz, but i was just wondering if there was a way/can be a way to keep it playing/open in a new card
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 02/01/2010 at 11:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaAndoo View Post
    First of all, thanks for the best webOS app, as far as I'm concerned. Recently, I've been having a ton of trouble with downloading podcasts -- specifically, the following two:

The Dan Patrick Show
    The Dan Patrick Show: Podcast

The Tony Kornheiser Show
    The Tony Kornheiser Show

Download will start and the yellow progress bar appears to show it's downloading fine, but ends abruptly with a Download Aborted error. I can stream the various episodes using drPodder, which both placates and frustrates me, somehow. Is there anyway to use a different downloading method, like a "stream to disk"?
    Well, I just started having problems with these two podcasts again, with a partial download then a Download Aborted. I've deleted the app and the database files and started over again.

Everything seems fine now, downloads appear to be a little faster. Is it possible that if downloads take too long, they quit?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    First off, Great program! I use it for hours at a time daily. However, since I have my phone locked after 60 seconds it is a pain to constantly unlock pause, do whatever needs my attention and then unlock, play again. I am now at the point where I unplug my headphones to pause the feed and then go in and press play normally. This is not the ideal solution. I would love to be able to control (at least) play and pause from the notification area when I'm multitasking and more importantly from the lock screen, in the same way that the music app and music remix work. Is there a way you can figure that out, it would make the app so much more valuable to me.
    Thanks.