View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 63 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
  1. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    item contains more than one enclosure

Yep, it's because I had never even heard of podcasts with multiple enclosures before. He should really be listing those as two different episodes in the podcast. Strange.

I only pickup a single enclosure from each episode. I'll look into adding multiple enclosure support, but I really don't see it happening. As the link above shows, it's non-standard.
    OK, just a follow up to anybody else listening to the best Podcast on the web. This Adam Carolla Podcast feed lists the parts separately. I added it to drPodder and it works like a charm:

The Adam Carolla Podcast

Oh, in case I forgot to mention this is the BEST application for the Pre. I use it every single day and it's simply awesome! Great work drnull! I'm really looking forward to your work in the new application.
    Tried sending you a PM but not sure it ever got through. I'm currently a Centro user (I know... brutal) but hoping to upgrade to a pre/pixi in the near future. I was curious if you have featured podcasts or a podcast directory of some sort that we could submit to? I found somewhere that the feeds that ship with the app are your personal choices but I was curious if anything had changed. The podcast I'm interested in "submitting" can be found at newmusicmonday.com Last year we were doing a song a week (a la Jonathan Coulton) but this year we're just doing a song a month, and we throw in other content that we think might be marginally interesting . Here's the feed if you wanted to take a look...

http://www.newmusicmonday.com/podcas...usicmonday.xml
    FWIW, the issue with the app not shutting down correctly seems to be better since 1.3.5. I haven't paid terribly close attention yet, but it seems like the first time I launch it after it has auto-updated the feeds, it acts like it wasn't shut down properly. I get the white launch screen and then go into the feed screen quickly. But if I throw the card away and then launch again, it launches correctly. I get the brown splash screen for a few seconds before going into the feed list.

So what I'm seeing seems to be that, after the auto update, it sometimes does not shut down correctly, but if I manually launch and then close, it always shuts down correctly.

Prior to 1.3.5, it seemed that once it didn't shut down correctly, I had to restart the Pre before it would shut down.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    First of all, thanks for the best webOS app, as far as I'm concerned. Recently, I've been having a ton of trouble with downloading podcasts -- specifically, the following two:

The Dan Patrick Show
    The Dan Patrick Show: Podcast

The Tony Kornheiser Show
    The Tony Kornheiser Show

Download will start and the yellow progress bar appears to show it's downloading fine, but ends abruptly with a Download Aborted error. I can stream the various episodes using drPodder, which both placates and frustrates me, somehow. Is there anyway to use a different downloading method, like a "stream to disk"?
    Last edited by UncaAndoo; 01/14/2010 at 05:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaAndoo View Post
    First of all, thanks for the best webOS app, as far as I'm concerned. Recently, I've been having a ton of trouble with downloading podcasts -- specifically, the following two:
    Could you check to see if your media area is full? If that fills up then you can get a download aborted error. Free space is listed under Device Info->Available
    Have been a drPodder user since the PrePod days and this is one of my most used apps. You've done a great job.

Most of my podcasts work fine with your app, but I've been having problems over past two months with listening to "The Image Doctors" from Nikonians.org at Nikonians Podcasts: Interviews, Talkshows, News and More. Before then they could be listen to fine. Now, while each episode is listed in drPodder, when I attempt to listen to them your app just says "connecting" but never gets to "buffering". The short description of the contents of the episode do showup. Stangely the Nikonian's other podcasts work fine in your app. Suggestions?

Thanks again for the great app
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrace View Post
    Most of my podcasts work fine with your app, but I've been having problems over past two months with listening to "The Image Doctors" from Nikonians.org at Nikonians Podcasts: Interviews, Talkshows, News and More. Before then they could be listen to fine. Now, while each episode is listed in drPodder, when I attempt to listen to them your app just says "connecting" but never gets to "buffering". The short description of the contents of the episode do showup. Stangely the Nikonian's other podcasts work fine in your app. Suggestions?
    Strange, this is the second podcast that I've received in feedback that is giving the exact same error message. I'll have to send this off to Palm in developer forums, but it wouldn't hurt if each user who experiences the problem also gave feedback, either at the link below or through some other support method.

I've reported the issue to Palm (https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=14&t=4507)

Just FYI, this is not an issue that I can resolve, but instead, webOS codec support needs to be updated to handle this file format (though I'm not sure what is special about it).
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Could you check to see if your media area is full? If that fills up then you can get a download aborted error. Free space is listed under Device Info->Available
    I don't think that was the case, but I could be wrong. After my post, I've erased and reformatted my Pre, and everything seems to work.

...well, maybe I spoke too soon. I'm still having trouble with the Tony Kornheiser Show, but I'm not sure if it's their fault or not.
    Last edited by UncaAndoo; 01/18/2010 at 11:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Has anybody found Dr. Podder to continue draining the battery even after you finished a podcast? I had it set to playback a windows weekly episode. The episodes typically run for about an hour. In any event, I decided to let it play as I was falling asleep. I figured once the playback stopped the battery would be fine... But this doesn't seem to be the case. I woke up the next morning and found my battery completely dead. If it helps, I was streaming the podcast over wifi.
    UncaAndoo, I have been listening to Tony Kornheiser Show on Dr. Podder practically every day. I haven't had any problems. The last time I listened was on Friday. I haven't listened to yesterdays or today's yet but I will try tonight with the new episode and if I have any problems I will post back later tonight.
    Small Bugreport:
    There seem to be some problems when parsing these feeds: Podcast

(e.g. DRadio Wissen - Medien )

If I had to guess: probably some encoding foo because of the umlauts

update: forgot to mention: feeds are valid though --> Feed Validator Results: http://www.dradio.de/rss/podcast/sendungen/drw_medien
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    Has anybody found Dr. Podder to continue draining the battery even after you finished a podcast? I had it set to playback a windows weekly episode. The episodes typically run for about an hour. In any event, I decided to let it play as I was falling asleep. I figured once the playback stopped the battery would be fine... But this doesn't seem to be the case. I woke up the next morning and found my battery completely dead. If it helps, I was streaming the podcast over wifi.
    I found that when a podcast is done, it's just starting all over and replaying it from the beginning, as if there is a 'replay' option. You know like an auto replay.

Maybe that happened to you to drain your Pre?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I have v0.4.8 and episodes are not removinh themselves after being marked as old. For instancei have a video from september that has yet to bbe deleted. This appears to only be happening to vides.
    Rob,
    You're seeing that looping in Dr. Podder? That's surprising to me. I have not seen it there. I have seen it when I'm streaming something in the Pre's native player though. Does it always do that for you, or just with certain feeds?

Cajunlibra,
    Can you clarify that some? I'd like to see if I have the same problem, but I'm not really understanding what it is you're reporting.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I found that when a podcast is done, it's just starting all over and replaying it from the beginning, as if there is a 'replay' option. You know like an auto replay.
    This also seems strange. If you do a "play from top/bottom" then yes, it will continue play with the next/previous episode. But just replaying something? That's odd. Are you finding that with all podcasts or just some?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    I have v0.4.8 and episodes are not removinh themselves after being marked as old. For instancei have a video from september that has yet to bbe deleted. This appears to only be happening to vides.
    So video's won't auto-delete because drPodder currently can't tell when you've finished an episode. But if you swipe to delete a video, it should mark the episode as old and delete the file that has been downloaded. Is that not the functionality you're seeing? Could you send the url to support@drpodder.com?

Quote Originally Posted by rb2k View Post
    Small Bugreport:
    There seem to be some problems when parsing these feeds: Podcast

(e.g. DRadio Wissen - Medien )

If I had to guess: probably some encoding foo because of the umlauts
    I tried the feed you mentioned and it saw 7 episodes. Could you explain what error you are seeing?
    drnull...

A few pages back, I had brought up that The KQRS Morning Show podcast was not working. We it is back up now (has been for a few weeks)!
    KQ MORNING SHOW PODCAST

Also,

Would it be possible to add an Auto-Delete podcast feeds that have been loaded as well as downloaded? Maybe auto delete after so many days old. And would this also delete the *.mp3 file that is saved on the Pre?

I know we can go in and swipe delete now. But would be nicer to have them automatically removed and deleted.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    drnull...

A few pages back, I had brought up that The KQRS Morning Show podcast was not working. We it is back up now (has been for a few weeks)!
    KQ MORNING SHOW PODCAST

Also,

Would it be possible to add an Auto-Delete podcast feeds that have been loaded as well as downloaded? Maybe auto delete after so many days old. And would this also delete the *.mp3 file that is saved on the Pre?

I know we can go in and swipe delete now. But would be nicer to have them automatically removed and deleted.
    Great news! Did you contact them or did they just fix it on their own?

So there are a few ways to mark all episodes as old, which is, I think, what you are looking for.

1. When viewing the episodes, you can swipe them one by one as you mentioned.

2. Also, the application menu has a "mark all as Old" choice.

3. Lastly, tapping the right side of the row in the list of feeds will give you the option to clear new (same as "mark all as old") or edit the feed.
    Great news! Did you contact them or did they just fix it on their own?

So there are a few ways to mark all episodes as old, which is, I think, what you are looking for.

1. When viewing the episodes, you can swipe them one by one as you mentioned.

2. Also, the application menu has a "mark all as Old" choice.

3. Lastly, tapping the right side of the row in the list of feeds will give you the option to clear new (same as "mark all as old") or edit the feed.
    Yes, I along with a few other friends contacted them. I think it helped them fix it sooner rather than later.

I have tried steps 1-3 as you listed. But then viewing "Old" lists the same feeds. Does this actually delete them? Because swiping the feeds listed in "Old" doesn't get rid of them.

And then, if you have downloaded a feed for later listening. When marking them as "Old," does that delete the mp3 file that was downloaded?

Thanks for the clarification!
    I tried the feed you mentioned and it saw 7 episodes. Could you explain what error you are seeing?
    it said something about not being able to parse the title.
    Maybe they fixed something

EDIT: Yes they did... strange
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    I have tried steps 1-3 as you listed. But then viewing "Old" lists the same feeds. Does this actually delete them? Because swiping the feeds listed in "Old" doesn't get rid of them.

And then, if you have downloaded a feed for later listening. When marking them as "Old," does that delete the mp3 file that was downloaded?

Thanks for the clarification!
    Ahh, no, drPodder keeps them around forever. The reasoning behind this was that if I deleted it from the database, then the next time you updated the feed, it would see those episodes again (and think they were new) and display them. There is a more elegant way to handle this, but it would require reworking quite a bit of stuff.

Marking as old does not delete the mp3, no. It probably should.