View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 61 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    Thanks for the explanation drnull. Hmm, as I said it was working perfectly with your drPodder app about a month ago. I have emailed the site to see what they say regarding including "an enclosure in the xml for the rss feed" to download.

Odd, using your app it would allow me to either download and listen to later or stream directly. Not so much any more sadly

Here is a link to their RSS How To.
    KQRS-FM

And here is the link they give to the feeds on that page (not sure if this will work or help)
    KQ MORNING SHOW PODCAST

Hopefully I hear back from the site soon. If so I will paste what they say.
    I think they've changed something recently. I checked on archive.org
    Internet Archive Wayback Machine
    And you'll notice that if you view the source on the latest one (albeit from 2007) you'll see enclosure information in it.

Also, on their FAQ page they mention many times that their podcast process has changed, and because of that, automatic updates aren't working in iTunes anymore. The suggested fix (which is just silly, by the way) is the following:
    How do I get the podcast into my iTunes?

1. Click on the podcast you would like to download
    2. Right click on the link to the podcast download and save onto your computer.
    3. Open iTunes on your computer.
    4. In iTunes, Select File > Add File to Library.
    5. Find the podcast file on your computer and click Open.
    6. Your podcast is now in your iTunes account and can be synced to your iPod/iPhone.
    It really sounds like they used to have enclosure information in the podcast but it's not there anymore because something has changed...

Best of luck, I hope they reply to your email!
    Well, they responded to my email. And yes, they have recently changed the system for downloading podcasts.

Hello.. We have a new system in place for downloading the podcasts.
    Please go here KQRS-FM and review the
    FAQ page if you have problems. The RSS feeds are not working at the
    moment and we are working on the problem. For the time being the shows
    need to be downloaded manually.

Thanks
    I really do hope they get this fixed soon. They do have a web form to fill out from an advertisement from a local Toyota dealer to help "support" the podcasts. I refuse to sign up for anything having to do with toyota.

Have any idea how I am supposed to download "manually" to my pre? I can't even do that anymore.

Thanks drnull
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    Have any idea how I am supposed to download "manually" to my pre? I can't even do that anymore.
    Should be able to right click on their podcast page and save the .mp3. Then, when you connect your Pre to the computer via USB, you'll have the option on the Pre to select "USB Drive" mode. Select that and the Pre's media partition will be accessible as a drive letter (probably E: or F. Copy files to there and they will be available in the music player.

You could probably also do this using the Pre's browser, it may even just load the stream directly into the Streaming Music Player... not sure.
    Dr Null, Dr.Podder is a great application. I use it daily in the gym.

Recently one of my favorite podcasts has stopped working with Dr. Podder.

These are the feeds:
    The Housing Helix with Jonathan Miller

Can you tell me if it's the feed, the app or if it's me?

Thanks!
    Hi DrNull !

Thanks for this amazing application I use every day.

Have you got any news on the "Option for each feed to appear or not in the music library" ?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide-NYC View Post
    These are the feeds:
    Can you tell me if it's the feed, the app or if it's me?
    These feeds also do not have enclosures specified in them. Please contact the feed admin and ask them to put an enclosure in for each item. This is the standard method for podcasting, as opposed to just having a news rss feed with a clickable link to download the audio. Podcasts programs have to rely on a standard, and this feed is not following the standard.

Details can be found many places...
    How to Create Your Own Podcast - A Step-by-Step Tutorial on Podcasting
    Podcasting How to
    Or if they just google the words "podcast" and "enclosure" and they can find the details.

Of course, some podcast providers like the fact that you can't automate the download as they get better publicity for the ads they put on their pages and may not be willing to fix this problem...

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jalil View Post
    Have you got any news on the "Option for each feed to appear or not in the music library" ?
    No, not yet. I'll try to make sure that gets into the next version.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    DrNull

DrPodder is by far the BEST app I have on the Pre - it is amazing. I know you've addressed the "hang" many times - I have "re-downloaded" DrPodder and it seems to be working like a charm (loads episodes and isn't catching on intro screens). The only thing I'm having a problem with is refreshing ALL podcasts via bottom right hand button on main screen. It's been grayed out since the first time I tried refreshing everything from the home screen. I am able to refresh by going into individual podcasts and/or dynamic playlists - so I'm getting my content. But any idea how to get this back without "re-downloading" the software again? I've exited the app many times - but no luck.

thanks!!!!! you are by far the most responsive / best support for a single app out there - thanks tons
    This is a great program and I was wondering if there was a way to play mp3's that i manually load myself. I listen to a lot of audiobooks 6+ hours long and can't find an app that has an auto resume on ALL tracks as dr podder seems to do.

Music remix is great but you have to manually bookmark every track and sometimes it's easy to accidentally switch tracks. Then when I switch it back it auto starts at the beginning aGAIn, and I have to manually find where I was in the audiobook. That's a complete pain when the file is so large.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I lost the ability to download today! What gives? Have done the standard troubleshooting (restart. Delete an redownload app) to no avail....any thoughts?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericc2728 View Post
    This is a great program and I was wondering if there was a way to play mp3's that i manually load myself. I listen to a lot of audiobooks 6+ hours long and can't find an app that has an auto resume on ALL tracks as dr podder seems to do.

Music remix is great but you have to manually bookmark every track and sometimes it's easy to accidentally switch tracks. Then when I switch it back it auto starts at the beginning aGAIn, and I have to manually find where I was in the audiobook. That's a complete pain when the file is so large.
    Since WebOS 1.2.1 this has been a feature:

If playback of an audio file is paused or interrupted, when you resume playback, playback resumes at the point where it was paused. This applies to audio files for which the Genre field is defined as podcast, speech, spoken word, netcast, or audiobook only.
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amcx2 View Post
    The only thing I'm having a problem with is refreshing ALL podcasts via bottom right hand button on main screen. It's been grayed out since the first time I tried refreshing everything from the home screen. I am able to refresh by going into individual podcasts and/or dynamic playlists - so I'm getting my content. But any idea how to get this back without "re-downloading" the software again? I've exited the app many times - but no luck.
    You may want to try rebooting the Pre. Ever since webOS 1.3.1, I've noticed that exiting drPodder doesn't necessarily shut it down sometimes, especially if a process is ongoing (like updating feeds).

If that doesn't work... hrm... Are you saying that the update isn't updating things or that the button is grayed out and doesn't give you the opportunity to initiate the update?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    I lost the ability to download today! What gives? Have done the standard troubleshooting (restart. Delete an redownload app) to no avail....any thoughts?
    I don't know what causes this. People have been reporting things like this since the 1.3.1 update, but normally the problem just resolves itself somehow. I've not heard what fixes the problem yet, nor do I have any idea what causes the problem. Sorry!
    Hey DrNull (& all Dr Podder fans)--

I was wondering something over the last few weeks...

In most of my feeds, I have the scene set to show only NEW podcasts (those which I have not yet listened to). I also have auto-download ON and KEEP either 5 or 10 episodes.

Clearly, once I listen to a podcast, it will mark itself as listened and disappear from this scene. However, in a few of my feeds, there can sometimes be redundant episodes (For example: I'm a patriots fan so sometimes the local sports talk station will post Tom Brady interviews in two feeds: the one for the radio program from which the interview occurred, and also in the "All Patriots Content" episode....)

So my question is what is the action taken if I (a) "Delete" the redundent episode by swiping it to the right or press_hold_"Delete" on the icon, versus (b) marking it "OLD" via press_hold_Mark-as-Old of the icon on the right...

Specifically, (1) what happens to the attachment in those two two scenarios and (2) under the "Keep 5 episodes on device" setting, does it then possibly reload the 5th oldest episode and make it new again.

Clearly, I could do my own experimenting with this, but I've been intending to for a few weeks and I just haven't had time. I figured I'd see if another user knew the answers.... or if DrNull had time to respond (...and I completely understand if not)

Happy Holidays.

P.S. I can also confirm that I've experienced some "failure to update feeds" and "failure to auto-download " issues since 1.3.1, but for me these issues have always resolved with some combination of restarting the Pre and/or initiating a manual feed update / download.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    In most of my feeds, I have the scene set to show only NEW podcasts (those which I have not yet listened to). I also have auto-download ON and KEEP either 5 or 10 episodes.

Clearly, once I listen to a podcast, it will mark itself as listened and disappear from this scene. However, in a few of my feeds, there can sometimes be redundant episodes (For example: I'm a patriots fan so sometimes the local sports talk station will post Tom Brady interviews in two feeds: the one for the radio program from which the interview occurred, and also in the "All Patriots Content" episode....)

So my question is what is the action taken if I (a) "Delete" the redundent episode by swiping it to the right or press_hold_"Delete" on the icon, versus (b) marking it "OLD" via press_hold_Mark-as-Old of the icon on the right...

Specifically, (1) what happens to the attachment in those two two scenarios and (2) under the "Keep 5 episodes on device" setting, does it then possibly reload the 5th oldest episode and make it new again.
    Sure, Delete and "Mark as Old" are two different ideas. Delete will delete the attachment, but it will also mark the episode as old. Swipe is just a shortcut to the "delete" action. If the episode hasn't been download, then of course it will just mark it as old.

If an episode that is marked as old has an attachment still, you'll see it showing up with a red "X" icon (only in the ALL or Old or Downloaded views though). This shouldn't happen unless you explicitly set an episode to old without deleting the downloaded episode.

Finally, any episode which is marked as old will not be auto-downloaded.

Where's that manual? Oh that's right, I haven't written it yet.

P.S. I can also confirm that I've experienced some "failure to update feeds" and "failure to auto-download " issues since 1.3.1, but for me these issues have always resolved with some combination of restarting the Pre and/or initiating a manual feed update / download.
    Thanks for that report. Hopefully others experiencing this problem will have it magically repair itself.
    I subscribe to a paid podcast daily. the problem is that I can not fast forward or resume the downloand and the podcast starts over. the url is http://www.wfdpremium.com/podcast?ac...UzNTY5MTE3MQ==, does anyone have any ideass? Thanks
    When will we see Dr. Podder make its way to the official Palm App Catalog? I ran it for a couple months and loved it, then had to restore my Pre from the ground up and haven't installed the homebrew stuff yet -- I'd love for Dr. Podder to be available on the App Catalog so I can install it the easy/official way. It's gotta be close -- the app seemed very robust and stable.
    I am running webos 1.3.1 and drpodder ver 4.8. I find that after listening to a podcast, when I restart drpodder it will halt on the splash sceren that says "Loading Episodes" Restarting drpodder produces the same results. The only way I can get drpodder to run is to reboot the Pre. I do not have any patches installed. Any solution?
    TIA
    Last edited by BillP3393; 12/24/2009 at 05:46 AM. Reason: no patches installed
    Bill
    Ever since doing a WebOS Doctor refresh, I get "Error Saving Feed" on every podcast when I do a refresh in drPodder. How can I eliminate this error?

Thanks for a great app. Can't wait to see it in the official App Store.
    I am having trouble having it save my location. Sometimes it does sometimes it does not, most of the time its about 10-15 minutes behind. I normally pause it, wait a while and then close the app, but this still does not help.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I'm once again restoring drpodder (great program).

Each time I've been unsuccesful in restoring my podcasts via the xml file and had to manually add them back. I'd really like to know what I'm missing here. Each time I attempt to restore from the drpoder.xml file I get a "No valid feeds in drpodder.xml".

I'm simply cutting and pasting the info from the email I sent myself save the following two lines:

Copy the following out to a file named drpodder.xml.
    To restore this set of feeds to drPodder, simply copy drpodder.xml to the root of the Pre's USB directory.

I'm saving the document as an xml file, naming the xml file drpodder and dropping it into the pre's root drive.

Help please.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Are you using windows? If so, are you sure that you're really renaming the extension of the file? Does the icon change after windows warns you about the extension change? If not then you might need to check this out:
    Show or hide file name extensions

The latest version of MacOS and Windows hide file extensions by default, making it impossible to change a file extension unless you have the above option turned on.
    Last edited by jamiehs; 12/29/2009 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Typos, it' early and I'm still tired.