View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 60 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loondog View Post
    The cleanupeventlisteners.patch seems to be working for me...will need to use the program some more to actually see.

For some reason posts with no enclosures (purple question marks) are now not able to be cleared out. Even if I "clear new" on a feed, the posts with no enclosures cannot be cleared out of the new post count number. It looks like there is a new podcast but when I tap into a show, it is blank.
    thanks for mentioning cleanupeventlisteners.patch. my ability to download podcasts, new apps & app updates stopped for reasons unknown on Dec 1. this patch and a reboot solved the problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindwolf View Post
    I just rebooted my pre and it is now working fine again...
    How weird is that?
    Same problem. Nothing would download, reboot fixed it. I had already uninstalled and re-installed. Couldn't download anything from the default podcasts.

WebOS: 1.3.1
    Version: 0.4.8

I too have the 500mhz reflex patch installed. There may be other I have that match yours, but the 500mhz seems to be the quickest to blame.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I've just been doing a bit of digging and it seems that there are a lot of applications that have issues since the 1.3.1 patch. Including apparent Memory Leaks in just using the pre.

There are a lot of people that believe that the memory leak is linked to the browser but I'm going to go even further and say that wireless communications is the cause.

Clearing the cache and rebooting the phone solves the problem until the leak builds again. It's a timebomb with a varied fuse.
    Drnull --

Slightly off topic from the overall general praise for Dr Podder's great functionality and more recently, some of the issues experienced by some portion of the user community since 1.3.1.... (I have had none of those issues for the record)... As I was listening to this week's engadget Podcast on my 70 minute commute to work today, I was just thinking how great it was that Dr P exists. Prior to Dr P, my only "podcast" experiences were really just downloading and listening to interview recordings from Boston's sports radio WEEI. While I do still enjoy sports talk radio, I'm not always in the mood for it -- either live or recorded versions. So your pre-loaded set of tech-oriented podcasts were a great way for me to jump into following the tech and gadget scene a little more closely -- namely BOL, Engadget, TWIT, GDGT weekly, and of course PreCentral PalmCast.

I just wanted to take 5 minutes to thank you for including these as a sample (assuming these are some of your favorites too). Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but I'll look for a forum where people can recommend podcasts to follow?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Since the 1.3.1 patch my updates are sporadic at best. I've used the other podcast apps out there and I really want drPodder to work for me. I like it sooo much better when it is working compared to the others.

I've installed the cleanup patch and it didn't change anything. The only other patches I have installed are 4X4 icons v3, Battery Icon and Percent and of course the cleanupeventlisteners.

I'm running 1.3.1, Preware and several other homebrew apps.

When I got into my car today I opened MediaFly to listen to the latest NORML podcast, dated 12/7/09. When I got to the office I installed the cleanup patch, rebooted and tried to get that podcast to show up on drPodder. No such luck...

I would appreciate any suggestions, I love this app!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    ...I'll look for a forum where people can recommend podcasts to follow?
    There were a couple of attempts to get a thread on that going, but it never really took off. The last one I know of is here -> http://forums.precentral.net/general...der-feeds.html

Anyone interested in reviving that?

Also, PodCastAwards.com will be announcing this year's winners soon, so you might check over there for some good feeds.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    So I had to wipe my pre today, I reinstalled drpodder but I cant seem to restore my feed. Can someone walk me through it step by step. I sent myself the email and it says the following "Copy the following out to a file named drpodder.xml.
    To restore this set of feeds to drPodder, simply copy drpodder.xml to the root of the Pre's USB directory."

This might be a windows vista thing. It seems so damn simple yet I cant get it to work, can someone walk me through this.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khyron65 View Post
    So I had to wipe my pre today, I reinstalled drpodder but I cant seem to restore my feed. Can someone walk me through it step by step. I sent myself the email and it says the following "Copy the following out to a file named drpodder.xml.
    To restore this set of feeds to drPodder, simply copy drpodder.xml to the root of the Pre's USB directory."

This might be a windows vista thing. It seems so damn simple yet I cant get it to work, can someone walk me through this.
    After you have the file in the right place, tap the menu and select OPML, Import from drPodder.xml
    I have been using drPodder for 6 months. Recently I had to wipe my Pre and reistall. Ever since I can not fast forward my feeds. Any time I try it simply pauses and will not restart. It does not say buffering, or seeking. It just stops.

Also if I pause a feed, and come back to it, the feed will not play.

I have erased and re installed multiple times.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    After you have the file in the right place, tap the menu and select OPML, Import from drPodder.xml
    I tried that, and it keeps giving me that "drop xml in root folder" message. Either I am not making the file right or I am not putting it into the right place. Currently I am making a text file with the xml info and calling it "drpodder.xml" I am thinking this is the wrong way to do it, also I am using vista so that may be a problem too. I thought it was just as easy as copy and paste into a certain directory but so far it is not. going to poke around the file in XP, see if it shows any more files that vista may not see.

Quote Originally Posted by bhuigens View Post
    I have been using drPodder for 6 months. Recently I had to wipe my Pre and reistall. Ever since I can not fast forward my feeds. Any time I try it simply pauses and will not restart. It does not say buffering, or seeking. It just stops.

Also if I pause a feed, and come back to it, the feed will not play.

I have erased and re installed multiple times.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!
    I havent had that problem per say, however when using my bluetooth head set I have to push the resume button many times before it registers, sometimes it registers right away, others it takes a few clicks. But that could just be a pairing issue with the headset and the pre.
    HA! Just as I thought Windows Vista was the culprit. At home on xp I did exactly what I was doing at work, making a text file, pasting in the info, then renaming the file drpodder.xml. In XP it turns the file for all intents an purposes to an XML file and treats it as such. In Vista it would still treat it as a text file in which drpodder could not understand. In Vista you may be able to rename the file in the properties menu to a .xml file. I guess adding extensions to the name of your files in Vista does nothing.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    HA! Just as I thought Windows Vista was the culprit. At home on xp I did exactly what I was doing at work, making a text file, pasting in the info, then renaming the file drpodder.xml. In XP it turns the file for all intents an purposes to an XML file and treats it as such. In Vista it would still treat it as a text file in which drpodder could not understand. In Vista you may be able to rename the file in the properties menu to a .xml file. I guess adding extensions to the name of your files in Vista does nothing.
    Adding extensions to the file in XP does nothing either (by default), but there is an option to turn this on. In Vista, it's done like this: Show or hide file name extensions
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiehs View Post
    Adding extensions to the file in XP does nothing either (by default), but there is an option to turn this on. In Vista, it's done like this: Show or hide file name extensions
    I am no computer expert, the fact remains, I tried to import feeds at least five times in vista and drpodder didnt see it. I did the exact same thing that failed on vista on xp and viola, feeds restored.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I am no computer expert, the fact remains, I tried to import feeds at least five times in vista and drpodder didnt see it. I did the exact same thing that failed on vista on xp and viola, feeds restored.
    That's fine, but correlation doesn't equal causality. Vista was not the flaw. A setting that has existed in many versions of windows was. Your two machines were probably configured differently, and that's why you were likely having difficulty.

The only reason I bring it up is in case you wanted to get it working on your Vista machine too.

Just trying to lend a helping hand,
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiehs View Post
    That's fine, but correlation doesn't equal causality. Vista was not the flaw. A setting that has existed in many versions of windows was. Your two machines were probably configured differently, and that's why you were likely having difficulty.

The only reason I bring it up is in case you wanted to get it working on your Vista machine too.

Just trying to lend a helping hand,
    Out of curiosity I pluged my pre back into the Vista machine. The drpodder.xml file actually shows as an xml file. I am just saying creating an xml file in vista is not as easy as in xp. I created the xml file in xp the exact way I was in vista.

Basically if your an xp user you will just have to figure out how to create the file you need in Vista.

I suspect that changing a file name in vista does not change the file type. So you can create a text file and change the name to .whatever but it wont change the actual file type or how its handled.

Thats my guess.

If i ever have to re add my podcasts I will be sure to figure it out in vista and post how I did it.
    I haven't used drPodder in a long time. I just tried using it again a few days ago and it loads new feeds but will not play or download them.

The feed I am trying to listen to is the KQRS Morning show out of Minneapolis/St. Paul.
    KQ MORNING SHOW PODCAST

Can anyone else try it and see if it works for you? I worked fine about a month ago when the last time I used it was.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    I haven't used drPodder in a long time. I just tried using it again a few days ago and it loads new feeds but will not play or download them.

The feed I am trying to listen to is the KQRS Morning show out of Minneapolis/St. Paul.
    KQ MORNING SHOW PODCAST

Can anyone else try it and see if it works for you? I worked fine about a month ago when the last time I used it was.

Thanks
    I had to manually enter the RSS feed link into drPodder. It seemed to work, though when I opened the KQ Morning Show feed, all the files had question marks ? as the right hand icon. When I tapped it to open the file, I got a screen without any buttons below and 00:00 to 00:00 as the time length of the file.

I hope this helps the discussion! Since all my other feeds work, it makes me think there is some incompatibility between drPodder and your feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtwade View Post
    I had to manually enter the RSS feed link into drPodder. It seemed to work, though when I opened the KQ Morning Show feed, all the files had question marks ? as the right hand icon. When I tapped it to open the file, I got a screen without any buttons below and 00:00 to 00:00 as the time length of the file.

I hope this helps the discussion! Since all my other feeds work, it makes me think there is some incompatibility between drPodder and your feed.
    Thanks for trying gtwade. That is the same thing that happens when I try to load it. Question (?) on the right. And when I tap on them I get no buttons below and 00:00 to 00:00.

I have deleted all feeds from the app and removed it from my pre. Restarted and reinstalled drPodder. Tried again adding the KQRS feed and get the same thing with the ?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    Thanks for trying gtwade. That is the same thing that happens when I try to load it. Question (?) on the right. And when I tap on them I get no buttons below and 00:00 to 00:00.

I have deleted all feeds from the app and removed it from my pre. Restarted and reinstalled drPodder. Tried again adding the KQRS feed and get the same thing with the ?
    It's actually not a podcast. There are no enclosures in the xml. It's just a rss news feed with a link to a page (with a bunch of ads) and on that page you can download the .mp3. You'll have to contact the owner of the feed and ask them to include an enclosure in the xml for the rss feed (their sysadmin will know what that means).
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    It's actually not a podcast. There are no enclosures in the xml. It's just a rss news feed with a link to a page (with a bunch of ads) and on that page you can download the .mp3. You'll have to contact the owner of the feed and ask them to include an enclosure in the xml for the rss feed (their sysadmin will know what that means).
    Thanks for the explanation drnull. Hmm, as I said it was working perfectly with your drPodder app about a month ago. I have emailed the site to see what they say regarding including "an enclosure in the xml for the rss feed" to download.

Odd, using your app it would allow me to either download and listen to later or stream directly. Not so much any more sadly

Here is a link to their RSS How To.
    KQRS-FM

And here is the link they give to the feeds on that page (not sure if this will work or help)
    KQ MORNING SHOW PODCAST

Hopefully I hear back from the site soon. If so I will paste what they say.