View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 59 of 118 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    I have made a service that would filter top x item of a rss feed.
    This is only a private service on my own server, so dont expect it run fast or even run at all

-this is done only for test purposes!!!
    -I will take it down if abused!!!
    -Does not support any security feeds login

howto:

x=top items to filter on
    y=original rss url

http://helioxware.dk/rssshrink/?top=x&rssurl=y

eg. http://helioxware.dk/rssshrink/?top=...europe/rss.xml

/Rune
    Last edited by runebune; 11/27/2009 at 10:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    Status update:

Ok, I don't know what has changed but now everything is working fine. After 1.3.1 I was having issues with downloading any podcasts. I deleted drPodder and then tried adding myfeeds back but only some worked and I still wasn't able to download podcasts, including the podcasts like Palmcast which are the default podcats. Right now I just thought I'd give it another try and now everything is working like normal, absolutely no problems. Now what has changed? No new OS update, no new drPodder update, the feeds I was using are all the same, so the only thing I can think of is something with Sprinits network? But even that doesn't make sense because I was having problems when trying to download and add feeds before when using Wifi and EVDO. Hmmm?

Same problem here. Hopefully it'll work later today on it's own. I've not had any problems with the app before today, Very strange. Dr Podder is definitely still my favorite and most used app on my Pre since I bought it in June.

EDIT: I have over 5 gigs free, so it's not a storage issue.
    I'm having an issue on my pixi where sometimes i will go to resume a podcast that i have played for awhile, maybe 20 or 30 minutes in, and dr podder remembers where i'm at but instead of playing the file it just sits there. the only control at the bottom is a grayed out play button, the back and forward ones are missing. I have tried rebooting the phone, restarting the app, nothing will bring it back from this state. I have to remove and redownload the podcast to get it to play again, any ideas on this one? Its not a specific podcast either, can be any that i have in my feeds.

Thanks
    F.Y.I.
    Since installing WebOS 1.3.1 I've noticed a few anomolies. First, sometimes drPodder starts to download a podcast and just stops, acting like it never started downloading and saving. Second, drPodder acts unusual when starting up: The first time starting drPodder after a reboot it shows "loading feeds" etc. and there is about a 30 second delay before the main feed list is displayed. Closing drPodder and restarting it is different. On restarting, drPodder goes immediately to the feed list display and does not show the "loading feeds" beginning splash. It appears drPodder isn't releasing memory or stopping services, etc.
    Third: drPodder does not always save the position of a paused playback.
    I hope this feedback helps with development because I, too, use this application every day.
    Rick
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redroosterfarm View Post
    F.Y.I.
    Since installing WebOS 1.3.1 I've noticed a few anomolies. First, sometimes drPodder starts to download a podcast and just stops, acting like it never started downloading and saving. Second, drPodder acts unusual when starting up: The first time starting drPodder after a reboot it shows "loading feeds" etc. and there is about a 30 second delay before the main feed list is displayed. Closing drPodder and restarting it is different. On restarting, drPodder goes immediately to the feed list display and does not show the "loading feeds" beginning splash. It appears drPodder isn't releasing memory or stopping services, etc.
    I hope this feedback helps with development because I, too, use this application every day.
    Rick
    Hi Rick, thanks for your concise report of your drPodder experience. I'm sure drNull appreciates it. WebOS 1.3.1 has brought up many strange issues in a few apps, and drPodder is no exception. I do have one piece of advice for you though:
    In order to guarantee that drPodder saves your position, pause the podcast, then do a back gesture. (At this point you should see the list of episodes and the blue progress tint will update). I have found that first pausing and then doing a back gesture is the best way to ensure that the position is saved.
    I think the most common cause of position bookmarks not being set is that there's a bookmark event handler for hitting the pause button, but not for the pause that you get by unplugging the headphone jack.
    How is DrPodder with Bluetooth? Is it worth upgrading my car stereo to bluetooth? Anyone have that set up? Can you start podcasts with the engine? Does shutting the stereo/car off pause the podcast?
    @hattenator I just ordered a new stereo with bluetooth, mainly to make listening to podcasts easier(cassette converters work, but suck). When you turn off the car that should disconnect bluetooth and drpodder will automatically pause. As for media controls, I can't say, my bluetooth headset doesn't have media controls. Just make sure the stereo you get is not just "bluetooth ready" as that generally means it isn't actually ready for bluetooth and you must buy extra. Also make sure it supports AD2P, as many stereos only support bluetooth for calls and text alerts.

@drnull I was having a conversation with the good people at gpodder(a fantastic desktop/memeo podcasting client) and they mentioned to me that my.gPodder.org has a new API for third party clients. Web Services/API - gPodderWiki What my.gpodder.org does is create a place for you to backup your list of podcasts on the web. It is basically just an online store for podcast urls. It is a minor feature, but it would make reinstalling or moving from another program a lot easier than transfering the backup subscription RSS file. Just an idea.
    F.Y.I.
    Since installing WebOS 1.3.1 I've noticed a few anomolies ... drPodder acts unusual when starting up: The first time starting drPodder after a reboot it shows "loading feeds" etc. and there is about a 30 second delay before the main feed list is displayed. Closing drPodder and restarting it is different. On restarting, drPodder goes immediately to the feed list display and does not show the "loading feeds" beginning splash...
    I'm seeing this as well.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    UPDATE:

If you are having issues where DrPodder will not download podcasts, it might be due to the new powersave patches. I have only installed the smartreflex 500 MHz patch, so I'm not sure if the CPU scaling patch will have the same problem.

This is my best guess because I have had many different patches installed for several months without any issues. The odd thing is that I either didn't have or didn't notice this problem for a whole week since installing the powersave patch, though I use DrPodder pretty regularly so the latter doesn't make much sense to me. I only started having the problem yesterday and today, but as soon as I deleted all my patches, I could download podcasts again. Just to be sure the issue was with the powersave patch, I installed every other patch that I had before. (About 30 of them) Sure enough, no download problems.

I'll comment again if my findings are incorrect. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dajlol77 View Post
    UPDATE:

If you are having issues where DrPodder will not download podcasts, it might be due to the new powersave patches. I have only installed the smartreflex 500 MHz patch, so I'm not sure if the CPU scaling patch will have the same problem.

This is my best guess because I have had many different patches installed for several months without any issues. The odd thing is that I either didn't have or didn't notice this problem for a whole week since installing the powersave patch, though I use DrPodder pretty regularly so the latter doesn't make much sense to me. I only started having the problem yesterday and today, but as soon as I deleted all my patches, I could download podcasts again. Just to be sure the issue was with the powersave patch, I installed every other patch that I had before. (About 30 of them) Sure enough, no download problems.

I'll comment again if my findings are incorrect. Hope this helps.
    I have just starting having the above described issues today. Everything worked well yesterday. I use drpodder every weekday to listen to podcasts at work and it now seems that I can no longer download podcasts. I also have noticed that it has taken previously deleted podcasts and re-listed them as new.

I don't have any of the scaling/powersave patches installed so it's not that. I also have not made any changes since yesterday except restarting my pre. I'm going to try that again and see what happens.

Otherwise I love this app and will continue to use it, once I get it working again
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindwolf View Post
    I have just starting having the above described issues today. Everything worked well yesterday. I use drpodder every weekday to listen to podcasts at work and it now seems that I can no longer download podcasts. I also have noticed that it has taken previously deleted podcasts and re-listed them as new.

I don't have any of the scaling/powersave patches installed so it's not that. I also have not made any changes since yesterday except restarting my pre. I'm going to try that again and see what happens.

Otherwise I love this app and will continue to use it, once I get it working again
    I just rebooted my pre and it is now working fine again...

How weird is that?

Feed updates took seconds and I downloaded a 71 minute podcast without the usual error. Everything is working great again!

Hypothesis: I have one of the pres with the hardware issue where the clock runs fast. I had not gotten around to resetting lately and it had gained a few minutes. Perhaps that had something to do with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindwolf View Post
    I just rebooted my pre and it is now working fine again...

How weird is that?

Feed updates took seconds and I downloaded a 71 minute podcast without the usual error. Everything is working great again!

Hypothesis: I have one of the pres with the hardware issue where the clock runs fast. I had not gotten around to resetting lately and it had gained a few minutes. Perhaps that had something to do with it?
    Hmmm interesting...I rebooted my Pre several times yesterday trying to fix the issue without any success, but right after the patch deleter and a reboot it worked right away. very strange.
    I'm having an authentication problem - I'm using a password protected feed that gives me the incorrect username/password message but interestingly only on certain entries. It's a closed door companion to a free feed that features exclusive content along with the public stuff.

The exclusive entries only give me the error message, which makes sense I guess but I never seen any other feed reader make a distinction like that (I'd either have access to the feed or not); the password is correct or else I wouldn't have access at all.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Since installing WebOS 1.3.1 I've noticed a few anomolies. First, sometimes drPodder starts to download a podcast and just stops, acting like it never started downloading and saving.
    If there is an error downloading (text message, lost signal, call comes in, etc) the download will fail. Normally I pop up an error message, but if drPodder isn't active when that happens then you might not see the error, possibly? (i.e., it won't be there when you switch back over to drPodder, that's the way dialogs work in WebOS)

Second, drPodder acts unusual when starting up: The first time starting drPodder after a reboot it shows "loading feeds" etc. and there is about a 30 second delay before the main feed list is displayed. Closing drPodder and restarting it is different. On restarting, drPodder goes immediately to the feed list display and does not show the "loading feeds" beginning splash. It appears drPodder isn't releasing memory or stopping services, etc.
    Yes, WebOS 1.3.1 introduced a new "feature" where the OS won't shutdown apps completely unless it is sure that the app is finished. I haven't narrowed down why sometimes drPodder stays open and sometimes it closes, but I've been running with no notifications and no background (scheduled) updating and haven't seen this problem reappear.

But if drPodder is staying open in the background then yes, it's definitely not helping the whole "out of memory - too many cards" problem.
    There are two ways where the bookmark is lost. 1) if you throw away the card without pausing or 2) if you pull out the headphone plug (resulting in a pause) and then throw away the card. Any other method (pause then toss, pause then back-swipe then toss, back-swipe then toss, etc) should save your position. So... you know, just change your habits and it won't be a problem. Seriously, though, I do plan to release a new version to fix that (and quite a few other little bugs) at some point. Maybe sometime after the next 1.3.x WebOS update...

Quote Originally Posted by drsnacks View Post
    I'm having an authentication problem...The exclusive entries only give me the error message, which makes sense I guess but I never seen any other feed reader make a distinction like that (I'd either have access to the feed or not); the password is correct or else I wouldn't have access at all.
    I've seen two types of feeds: one requires authentication for the feed itself, and one only requires authentication for the downloadable enclosures. I'm guessing this is the second type. If you will, Send me a PM or email me at support@drpodder.com and we can try to figure out what the problem is.
    I jut wanted to say thanks for this great app. I use it every day and it doesn't cause me any problems at all.

For the person that asked about BT I can say that it works fine with my Motorola MOTOROKR™ T505 unit.
    @hattenator I just ordered a new stereo with bluetooth, mainly to make listening to podcasts easier(cassette converters work, but suck). When you turn off the car that should disconnect bluetooth and drpodder will automatically pause. As for media controls, I can't say, my bluetooth headset doesn't have media controls. Just make sure the stereo you get is not just "bluetooth ready" as that generally means it isn't actually ready for bluetooth and you must buy extra. Also make sure it supports AD2P, as many stereos only support bluetooth for calls and text alerts.
    I use it with a motorola T505and it works great. Sounds good and the controls work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    I'll have to look into the play from top/bottom issue, I admit, I don't use it that much.

Hmm, can you give me a podcast that seems to switch order? There is no support for user-controlled sorting yet. What did you have in mind? Just switching between oldest first or newest first? I know I need to put some sort of list search capabilities in.
    (My first time weighing in here.) Your app is AWESOME! You seem to have thought of just about everything that I would value in a podcatcher. And paired with the Pre...it's a winning combo!

One thing I would add to the wishlist: I get an audio magazine via RSS & the content makes more sense when I listen to it from 'cover to cover', in order. However, it shows up in drPodder in some weird order. Perhaps in download order? I like that the articles are sorted by date, but could they be also sorted by some other mp3 tag as well, like track #?

Thanks again for an awesome app! Worth buying when it comes out of beta, if you are monetizing it.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtwade View Post
    I get an audio magazine via RSS & the content makes more sense when I listen to it from 'cover to cover', in order. However, it shows up in drPodder in some weird order. Perhaps in download order? I like that the articles are sorted by date, but could they be also sorted by some other mp3 tag as well, like track #?
    Thanks for the kind words! Could you post the URL or the audio magazine or email it to support@drpodder.com so I can take a look at it?
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Thanks for the kind words! Could you post the URL or the audio magazine or email it to support@drpodder.com so I can take a look at it?
    Sure, thanks for checking it out: Worldwide Association of Jehovah’s Witnesses. I get the RSS feed from this page as well.