View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 56 of 118 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Video Podcast support???

This may not be new information for most of you, but late last week, I found a DrPodder "feature" which I was not aware of - the ability to download and manage videopodcasts as well as traditional (audio-only) podcasts.

Previous to Friday, all of my feeds had been traditional podcasts. However, after listening to CNET's BuzzOutLoud for several weeks now, I was curious about CNET's daily Loaded podcast with Natali Del Conte, not realizing it was actually a CNET TV Video Podcast. Anyway, I added a new feed Loaded (SD) I then downloaded the last 5 episodes.

To my surprise, when I tapped an episode to start playing it, the WebOS video player popped up and started to run the Video Podcast for the next 4-6 minutes. And hey, it's just this guy's opinion, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with 5 minutes of Natali in the morning!!!

The only difference in DrP functionality seems to be when returning to DrPodder from the video app, DrP does not automatically mark the played v-podcast as "Old." That's something we'll have to manage manually.
    This was briefly discussed a few dozen pages ago, and I mean briefly, so it's cool that you brought it back up. drNull added the functionality, but as Palm has no APIs to control bookmarking of videos, the video podcast support remains to have basic functionality for now.

I love this app, and the only bug that bothers me is the fact that "Play all from Top" or "Play all from Bottom" doesn't work right if the screen is off.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    You're right! I guess I should have searched first. My apologies to DrNull!

Now I wish I would have backed up my feeds. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks!
    What did you do to fix it? I seem to be having similar problems. Dr. Podder has loaded for me once or twice since 1.3.1 but often times gets stuck on the loading feeds menu. I tried uninstalling reinstalling and it still wont load.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I got it working. Seemed to work fine after an orange button uninstall and reinstall with preware. It loaded all default feeds though. Seems like similar symptoms to the older large feed problem but is strange that this triggered with 1.3.1 for me and seems somewhat intermittent.
    Thanks pROvIs. I've done the same thing and get pretty much the same results. After re-installing drPodder, I can get it to work properly UNTIL I import my feeds with OPML. After that, when I reboot, I get hung up on the intro screen. I really hope I don't have the add the feeds in manually again.
    I am having the same problem with Dr Podder. It was working fine just before updating to 1.3.1, afterward it is hung. This IS related to 1.3.1. I don't see how you can say it is not. I have looked in this thread for answers to this. I can't find any.
    I fixed Drpodder on my phone after the 1.3.1 update. 1.3.1 broke drpodder for me

To fix i uninstalled and then reinstalled via webos quick install and all is good. I will have to get my feeds back in but not that big of a problem.
  7. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    My problem is that the episodes won't download.

I click on the down-arrow icon next to the episode and nothing happens. For feeds that are set up to auto-download, I get the notification that the episode is downloading, but nothing happens.

I do have the "Unthrottle Download Manager" patch installed... could this a cause of the problem?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MSB View Post

I click on the down-arrow icon next to the episode and nothing happens. For feeds that are set up to auto-download, I get the notification that the episode is downloading, but nothing happens.

I do have the "Unthrottle Download Manager" patch installed... could this a cause of the problem?
    Just fyi...I have the "Unthrottle" patch installed, and it has not affected drPodder downloads.
    I too am having problems with Dr. Podder. Stalls on "Loading Episodes". I removed it and reinstalled it to no avail. Do you have to reinstall using WebOS or can a PreWare install fix the problem? I used PreWare. Help! I need my Podder!!!
    had to use orange delete. removing through preware did not help fix the problem with 1.3.1.
    I also have a broken drPodder. Using Internals, I copied my 000000006.db file to a separate folder and deleted the source. Launched drPodder, starts up fine, creates a new db files and like 0000000018.db.

***note, I have had to use WebDr before so I have previously simply renamed the db file and it has worked from a backup I have had of the .app-storage and Prepod folders) ***

Doesn't work anymore. I deleted 0000000018.db and renamed my 06.db backup to 018.db in the target folder. drPodder still hangs.

Uneducated guess is something corrupted the file.

For those who aren't techies. Uninstall and install again, manually add all your podcasts back in and immediately do a OPML export

That is my 2 cents until drnull weighs in.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    After the 1.3.1 update, I can no longer play GDGT podcasts. (They are .m4a files).

I played them all the way up until the update. 1.3.1 broke this functionality. VERY annoying.

Thats about the 5th thing this "update" broke for me.
  13. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MSB View Post

Just fyi...I have the "Unthrottle" patch installed, and it has not affected drPodder downloads.
    Update: I ran the EPR, rebooted and drPodder worked just fine. I reinstalled the "Unthrottle Download Manager" and drPodder is still working.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Sorry, I have nothing better to add in to the 1.3.1 discussions. I had to do a webOS Dr and for some odd reason thought that the media partition would be left alone. Instead, I lost all my feeds and the .db file as well and had to add them back in.

I don't think I'm doing anything outside the norm in drPodder. I think that the reason so many databases are being corrupted is what I wrote in the following post, in which palm acknowledged that they were able to recreate the problem. They have yet to respond that it was fixed or any further details, though. Maybe we can bug Palm to get this issue fixed?

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=16&t=1296

Development has stalled some, mainly because I have a new update that I've been working on, but I can't release it until the downloadManager bug is resolved.

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...php?f=9&t=1362

The new update would get drPodder out of the com.palm domain, thus, making it eligible to go into the catalog. There are also other issues (album art thumbnail resizing, BT controls) that are going to be different, and I haven't gotten around to updating that code yet either.

I don't know what is wrong with gdgt for you, piaband, but I just tried playing an old episode and it works fine... maybe try removing the podcast and adding it back in? Also, there is this url which is the mp3 version.

gdgt weekly
    After multiple installs and deletions of drPodder and re-adding my feeds, I have gotten drPodder working pretty much the way it did pre-update. I can close drPodder and when I re-open it, my feeds are still there. However, if I re-boot my Pre, bam, I'm stuck on the load episodes screen. So, I'm fine as long as I don't power down.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    for what its' worth, I haven't had any issues w/ 1.3.1 and drpodder.. my feeds are fine.. (actually just listened the latest gdgt podcast this morning)
    -m
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    broken too
    drnull, I read your post in the developers forum. As a software developer myself, I have a suggestion:

Keep multiple copies of the database on the pre. Write to one copy, attempt to read what was just written. If this fails, delete and recreate the database and copy all of the records from the secondary copy into the primary one. Just give us a notice on the screen that this is happening if it is not a fast operation. If you CAN read what you just wrote, and the primary database seems ok, then make that one the secondary db, and write the record to what was the secondary as though it was the primary. It has just become the primary and you can repeat the operation above. The primary and secondary db's will logically toggle. Reading records from the secondary should never corrupt it, even if interrrupted. On startup, if drPodder finds a corrupt database, repeat the above.

Am I way off base here? It is entirely possible that I have a completely inadequate understanding of the what is possible with db operations on the pre.

I am an SQL expert who works at a large medical center. I have been writing code for well over 20 years, and SQL for at least 15 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    for what its' worth, I haven't had any issues w/ 1.3.1 and drpodder.. my feeds are fine.. (actually just listened the latest gdgt podcast this morning)
    -m
    Overall, fine here after 1.3.1 as well. Gdgt episode 63 gave me a problem. I deleted the episode and redownloaded it. Worked fine the second time. Just a guess here... they may have originally posted a corrupted file and then replaced it later.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    This morning for some reason, my Pre re-booted itself. So when it came back up, drPodder was stuck on the Loading Episodes screen. I deleted and re-installed drPodder again. Nothng really different here.

One thing I have figured out, is that when I re-add my feeds from OPML, if I close the app, it hangs. But, if I manually add the feeds, I can close the app and it will restart normally.

Hope this helps.