View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 55 of 118 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    If anybody else was having issues with Buzz Out Loud today, the feed was corrupt for a little while. To get today's episode:
    1) Go into BOL's Feed.
    2) Tap the Refresh icon on the bottom right.
    3) After that finishes, wait 30 seconds or so (just to make sure everything is written to the database).
    4) Exit drPodder, then load it back up
    5) Go into BOL's Feed, select View: ALL and tap + hold on today's episode and mark it as new.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Dr. Podder is the GREATEST!!!! Over Mediafly and Stitcher!!! It's the only Podcast player that plays quicktime video podcasts!!! And smart enough to play your most recent podcasts one after another!!!! I love it!!! Thanks!!!!!!!

Happy Fan!!!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Uh-oh! "Roadblock"!!! I can't download 'any' of my podcasts anymore... not even the PreCentral's lastest podcast! What gives??? I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app 3 times already and restarted Luna several times! Any tips??

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    If anybody else was having issues with Buzz Out Loud today, the feed was corrupt for a little while. To get today's episode:
    1) Go into BOL's Feed.
    2) Tap the Refresh icon on the bottom right.
    3) After that finishes, wait 30 seconds or so (just to make sure everything is written to the database).
    4) Exit drPodder, then load it back up
    5) Go into BOL's Feed, select View: ALL and tap + hold on today's episode and mark it as new.

I noticed that too.. ended up manually downloading it the next day. (didn't have an enclosure originally)

-m
    Great app! Lately, though, my feeds haven't been auto-updating. Also it doesn't seem to deal very well with trying to update when there's no network available, or the network goes away while it's in process. I haven't noticed the exact pattern, but it happens a lot for me because of getting on the subway....

Any hints on that? Will deleting and re-installing help?
    Is there a way to delete a podcast feed? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by steeldor View Post
    Is there a way to delete a podcast feed? Thanks.
    You should be able to simply swipe away the feed.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Great app! This is my primary podcatcher now.

I do have a feature request though. I wish there was a way to set the time I want the feeds to update. I would like them to update once a day when my pre is on the touchstone in the middle of the night over wi-fi. I can't seem to get it to sync when I want it to even when I tried to wake up at 3am to get it to refresh at that time everyday.

Thanks for the great app!
    Quote Originally Posted by circuitjc View Post
    Great app! This is my primary podcatcher now.

I do have a feature request though. I wish there was a way to set the time I want the feeds to update. I would like them to update once a day when my pre is on the touchstone in the middle of the night over wi-fi. I can't seem to get it to sync when I want it to even when I tried to wake up at 3am to get it to refresh at that time everyday.

Thanks for the great app!
    When you get up at 3 AM, go into drPodder Preferences, change the interval from 24 hours to something else, then back to 24 hours. sync it then and from then on it should auto update the feeds at that time.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
    When you get up at 3 AM, go into drPodder Preferences, change the interval from 24 hours to something else, then back to 24 hours. sync it then and from then on it should auto update the feeds at that time.
    I did all of that except I changed it to 24 hours from 12. A couple of days later it updated them at a little after 5am which is when I get up. I was just about to take it off the touchstone.

I will try again tonight. IMO it would be easier to just be able to set the time but if it's that big a deal to impliment it is not like it's going to make me stop using this app. If all else fails I can manually hit update when I put it on the touchstone at night.
    Hi all,
    just getting this stuff ste up - only got my pre 3 days ago, and this certainly looks like the top app out there.
    Anyway, having trouble with one feed..

Football: Football Weekly | guardian.co.uk

It lists the episodes, but each one has a ? next to it and says "No enclosure found" when I tap on it.

any ideas? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by circuitjc View Post
    I did all of that except I changed it to 24 hours from 12. A couple of days later it updated them at a little after 5am which is when I get up. I was just about to take it off the touchstone.

I will try again tonight. IMO it would be easier to just be able to set the time but if it's that big a deal to impliment it is not like it's going to make me stop using this app. If all else fails I can manually hit update when I put it on the touchstone at night.
    Yes, that would be the easiest option - if everybody wanted it to update once a day. However, most people like the more frequent updates. I just need to put something in place to allow the "once a day - set time" as opposed to "every x hours".

Quote Originally Posted by mickp View Post
    Hi all,
    just getting this stuff ste up - only got my pre 3 days ago, and this certainly looks like the top app out there.
    Anyway, having trouble with one feed..

Football: Football Weekly | guardian.co.uk
    This podcast uses a non-standard feed format and doesn't specify an "enclosure". I'll have to look into supporting this feed type in the future.
    Ah, OK. Thanks for the rapid reply, much appreciated. Guess I'll do this one the old way for a while!

Love the app already!
    I can pause with my bluetooth headphones but no resume..
    That seems to be a Pre issue, not a drPodder issue. You will likely find the same thing in the built in player.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    I'll have to look into that. Normally that just means that it couldn't find the file to download (maybe the url for that day was bad?) If it's happening with ALL of the episodes in that feed, then it might be the download redirection bug, yes. If you could post the url that you are using for IGN Daily Fix, that would be helpful.

Just so you know - it pops up an error for each file that fails to download. Maybe that's why it seems like it never goes away...
    drnull, does this bug I described fall in the download redirection bug category?
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Anyone else having problems with drPodder after the 1.3.1 update? My drPodder is hanging at the intro screen saying "Loading Episodes" ever since I updated. I tried rebooting, and it still hangs on that screen.
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    Anyone else having problems with drPodder after the 1.3.1 update? My drPodder is hanging at the intro screen saying "Loading Episodes" ever since I updated. I tried rebooting, and it still hangs on that screen.
    I'm sorry to hear that you're having that issue, but I don't believe it's related to 1.3.1 I'm running drPodder with 1.3.1 right now.

I'm sure this thread has some troubleshooting info in it (for that very issue) somewhere...
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiehs View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you're having that issue, but I don't believe it's related to 1.3.1 I'm running drPodder with 1.3.1 right now.

I'm sure this thread has some troubleshooting info in it (for that very issue) somewhere...
    You're right! I guess I should have searched first. My apologies to DrNull!

Now I wish I would have backed up my feeds. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks!
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Video Podcast support???

This may not be new information for most of you, but late last week, I found a DrPodder "feature" which I was not aware of - the ability to download and manage videopodcasts as well as traditional (audio-only) podcasts.

Previous to Friday, all of my feeds had been traditional podcasts. However, after listening to CNET's BuzzOutLoud for several weeks now, I was curious about CNET's daily Loaded podcast with Natali Del Conte, not realizing it was actually a CNET TV Video Podcast. Anyway, I added a new feed Loaded (SD) I then downloaded the last 5 episodes.

To my surprise, when I tapped an episode to start playing it, the WebOS video player popped up and started to run the Video Podcast for the next 4-6 minutes. And hey, it's just this guy's opinion, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with 5 minutes of Natali in the morning!!!

The only difference in DrP functionality seems to be when returning to DrPodder from the video app, DrP does not automatically mark the played v-podcast as "Old." That's something we'll have to manage manually.