View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 50 of 118 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
    First, this is a great app! I love it! Love it! Love it!

I ran into an issue and I can't seem to find anyone posting about it so I don't know if it just my Palm. I have added a few streams from WebmasterRadio.fm. They post their feeds to feedburner. I can stream the feeds with no problem. However, when I try to download them they don't play. Sorry for not using the proper vernacular. The icon shows the file is downloaded as it’s the bluish grey arrow pointing to the right. When I click on the file the progress bar goes to the right as it appears to be loading. However, the overall time sits at all zeros on both ends list it didn’t load.

Is this an actual issue? A known issue? Or is it simply a user error?
    Love the app, what I would like to see is the ability to navigate through the different scenes after you've started the audio, with out the audio stopping. Also to have a notification icon that you can tap to bring up play controls when the card is out of focus, like you can with the default music player.
    Thanks, I use this app all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Seems to work fine for me, try it again and make sure you use the same CaSe as specified in that URL.

Now that we've page-wrapped:

World Football Daily
    Thank you so much, this is my favorite podcast. I did not realize that case was important.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    When using drpodder I tend to just unplug the headphones or turn off my bluetooth unit and swipe away the card. However, doing this doesn't update the bookmark. It's not until I press play again that the track scrubber updates and gets the real position and saves it. Is there a way to fix that? Or is it a limitation in the os?

edit] Posts: 270

Ha! 27.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    When using drpodder I tend to just unplug the headphones or turn off my bluetooth unit and swipe away the card. However, doing this doesn't update the bookmark.
    If I understand your question you are trying to update a bookmark or podcast feed?

When editing a podcast feed, you need to tap the 'update' button at the bottom of the screen.

I'm just getting confused by your use of the word 'bookmark', which make me think I don't understand your question.

If so, then someone else should try and help you.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    If I understand your question you are trying to update a bookmark or podcast feed?

When editing a podcast feed, you need to tap the 'update' button at the bottom of the screen.

I'm just getting confused by your use of the word 'bookmark', which make me think I don't understand your question.

Rob
    bookmark is also the term referring to how it remembers how much you've listened to a podcast. Basically, i'm listening to a podcast, I stop by simply unplugging my headphones. If I don't press play again before I close the card, it does not remember my position in the podcast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    the ability to 2x and audio podcast is still needed.
    podshifter.com .
    When using drpodder I tend to just unplug the headphones or turn off my bluetooth unit and swipe away the card. However, doing this doesn't update the bookmark. It's not until I press play again that the track scrubber updates and gets the real position and saves it. Is there a way to fix that? Or is it a limitation in the os?

edit] Posts: 270

Ha! 27.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post

Rob
    I understand what he is referring to because i have ran into the same frustration... unless you pause the podcast or swipe back... closing the card loses your spot on the pod cast so when you try to resume it resumes10-15 min back from the spot you actually stopped. he is wondering if closing the card will then save he bookmark at the point you swipe away just like it saves when you gesture back...

and i actually dont want it to pause the pod cast when back gesturing so i can browse different pod casts while i listen to my current one.

as for saving spot when you close the app that is important
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I understand what he is referring to because i have ran into the same frustration... unless you pause the podcast or swipe back... closing the card loses your spot on the pod cast so when you try to resume it resumes10-15 min back from the spot you actually stopped. he is wondering if closing the card will then save he bookmark at the point you swipe away just like it saves when you gesture back...

and i actually dont want it to pause the pod cast when back gesturing so i can browse different pod casts while i listen to my current one.

So when you pull out the headphones and drPodder pauses playback, it should save your spot immediately (like hitting pause), that is a bug.

Throwing away the card while still playing can't save your spot because WebOS doesn't allow database operations while the app is closing. There are ways I could get around this, I just haven't worked that out yet.

And yes, having a dashboard controller for a playing podcast so that you can browse around the app or whatever would be good... I just haven't gotten to that yet either.
    And yes, having a dashboard controller for a playing podcast so that you can browse around the app or whatever would be good... I just haven't gotten to that yet either.
    Thanks for your hard work. I understand it takes time to implement features and I am eagerly awaiting this particular feature.
    So when you pull out the headphones and drPodder pauses playback, it should save your spot immediately (like hitting pause), that is a bug.

Throwing away the card while still playing can't save your spot because WebOS doesn't allow database operations while the app is closing. There are ways I could get around this, I just haven't worked that out yet.

I am glad such things are on your list great work.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    That's exactly the issue. I always thought it was a known issue but update after update it never got fixed so I figured I should chime in :P

The phone will be on standby playing my podcast, i'll unplug the headphones, unlock the screen and the scrubber will be at the playing position of where the screen first went into standby. It doesn't seem to update the bookmark to the current position when you unplug headphones. You have to press play on the podcast again and then it'll jump to the current position.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    So I have noticed something weird since the update to 1.2.1. Note I hadn't applied any patches before this update, but after I applied a bunch. I have the latest version of drPodder, and have been using since it came out. I have the pre mounted in my car on a touchstone, and it always charged fine, even when listening to drPodder. However, after the update, it charges fine when drPodder is not running, but when it is running it constantly thinks its charging, then isnt', then is, etc, so that the 'charging phone' message on the bottom keeps coming up and dissapearing, and if i hadn't disabled the sound it would still make it as well. Anyone else having a similar issue? I haven't tried it on my touchstone at home, that has the stock power cable to it, I guess I will try this weekend that way and see if it happens on both of them.
    A couple hundred posts or so ago, there was some talk about wanting to be able to exclude particular episodes from the auto delete process. Every once in a while, there's a particularly interesting episode that I'd like to be able to refer back to later, but I don't want to go monkey with the feed's settings just to save that one episode. The thread's too long to go back and find that discussion, but I think at the time we were talking about adding a Keep flag and instead we settled for the work around of just putting a bookmark a few seconds into the episode.

I just came across one of those episodes, so it got me thinking about it again. Would you consider adding an Archive function? By that I mean give us a function that copies a downloaded episode to a different directory on the device. I'm thinking maybe as a menu item on the episode details screen. That way, nothing really has to change about the way drPodder handles the episode. It can go ahead and autodelete its copy the way it normally would. The archived copy would live entirely outside of drPodder and we would just use a different player to go back and revisit that copy later.

oh, hm... does the SDK even give you the file management controls to do something like that, or would you need the FileMgr Service? (http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/filemgr-service)

And to the forum readers, is there interest in something like this, or is this just me?
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    A couple hundred posts or so ago, there was some talk about wanting to be able to exclude particular episodes from the auto delete process. Every once in a while, there's a particularly interesting episode that I'd like to be able to refer back to later, but I don't want to go monkey with the feed's settings just to save that one episode. The thread's too long to go back and find that discussion, but I think at the time we were talking about adding a Keep flag and instead we settled for the work around of just putting a bookmark a few seconds into the episode.

I just came across one of those episodes, so it got me thinking about it again. Would you consider adding an Archive function? By that I mean give us a function that copies a downloaded episode to a different directory on the device. I'm thinking maybe as a menu item on the episode details screen. That way, nothing really has to change about the way drPodder handles the episode. It can go ahead and autodelete its copy the way it normally would. The archived copy would live entirely outside of drPodder and we would just use a different player to go back and revisit that copy later.
    Great idea.
    -mark
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Listening to downloaded files

Love this app!

I have many times that I am not in range of a data network and want to listen to already downloaded podcasts. On the FEEDS screen I select the playlist ALL. On the EPISODES screen I select VIEW: DOWNLOADED. When I tell it to play, it plays what is on the list, including episodes that I've already listened to. Is there some other way to listen to “all” of my currently downloaded podcasts without bumping into ones I've already heard?

Aside: I would vote for a sleep timer, too.

Sue C.
    Thanks for this amazing app - it's the make it or break it app for the Pre in my opinion. I used RSS Player for the iPod Touch, but this blows that out of the water in almost every way. However, there is one feature that I miss (kinda).

Originally, it had similar options for navigating within a track such as 30 second or 1 minute buttons. But, the latest version uses an interesting idea. There's 1 button for forward and 1 for reverse. When you press it once, it skips 10 seconds. If you press it again within a second or so, it'll skip another 30 seconds, press again, and you skip a minute, and once more for 5 minutes.

It's a little hard to imagine, but it works really well. So, for instance, if you wanted to skip ahead 15 minutes in a podcast, you'd click 6 times. THis is much quicker than the 15 times you'd need to click in DrPodder.

It might even be nice to have a type of hybrid where you click rapidly up to the "rate" you want to go and then just hold to keep jumping ahead that increment. So, if you wanted to jump ahead 40 seconds, just click once and hold for 4 seconds (or half seconds). If you want to jump ahead 30 minutes, click 6 times to get to the 5 minute increment and then hold for 6 seconds.

My only concern is the Pre isn't as responsive as the iPod and I often wonder if my clicks/touches have registered.

Anyway, this app is fantastic the way it is and I use it hours a day. I just wanted to throw that out as an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    Would you consider adding an Archive function? By that I mean give us a function that copies a downloaded episode to a different directory on the device.
    I think this is a great idea, but I would suggest leaving it in the same location in the file system, but just have a flag set in the database that marks the episode as saved so it doesn't get deleted. The new view option could easily be expanded to have options to show archived eps or not.
    It doesn't seem to update the bookmark to the current position when you unplug headphones. You have to press play on the podcast again and then it'll jump to the current position.
    I'm just glad you've discovered how to work around it. I've run into the "bookmark not correct" problem several times, but never correlated it to unplugging headphones. I'll be sure to use the pause from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    i actually dont want it to pause the pod cast when back gesturing so i can browse different pod casts while i listen to my current one.

Hey, that's exactly what I was looking for and was going to ask for.

A way to keep looking at the DrPodder list or pages while listening to a particular podcast, audio or video?

I was never sure why we were never able to go back the list while listening in the first place.

I am so glad about the app, that I just didn't pick out stuff that I wanted tweaked. But I guess, others want things that I have been thinking about.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)