View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 49 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    I too love this application, but I would do not want to see it move to the App Catalog from Homebrew until Palm fixes the download limitation of 25 MB. I hit that wall weeks ago. Please consider that fact when deciding to remove the app from Homebrew.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Well, the API that makes this possible just became publicly accessible for third-party devs, so I'd give it a few weeks before it gets changed to a real appID and gets submitted and approved and all that.

But even if you don't want to install Preware, webOS Quick Install on the PC to ONLY install this one program would be pretty simple.

Unless I install a bunch of tweaks, OS updates shouldn't mess this one install up, right?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I too love this application, but I would do not want to see it move to the App Catalog from Homebrew until Palm fixes the download limitation of 25 MB. I hit that wall weeks ago. Please consider that fact when deciding to remove the app from Homebrew.
    Could you explain that more? Downloads are saved to the media partition, and I'm not aware of a download limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by trippcook View Post
    Unless I install a bunch of tweaks, OS updates shouldn't mess this one install up, right?
    Correct. Even if you did install a bunch of tweaks, drPodder should continue to function as a normal application.

Of course, OS updates could still mess up drPodder, since it uses undocumented API's. But we've not seen that happen yet.

Edit: When I say "mess up drPodder", I mean if an OS update came along that changed the protected method for deleting files, then that part of drPodder's functionality would break. If an OS update came along that changed the way images are resized using "extractfs", then albumArt images would be blank. The whole app shouldn't break in those cases.
    Last edited by drnull; 10/06/2009 at 08:03 AM.
    Two suggestions:
    1) Navigation buttons: I used to use pTunes. I found a skin that allowed me to move forward or backward in a podcast by increments of 15s, 30s, 1m, 2m or 5m. This is very useful when you think, "What did he just say?" I use the slide bar on drPodder but it's hard to control with precision. Sometimes it just jumps back to the beginning, then I have to find the spot again or re-listen to more than I want to get to that spot.
    2) Bookmarks: ability to mark a spot and go back to it again. Like to have your wife hear something later.
    the ability to 2x and audio podcast is still needed.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    This is just a regular homebrew program that uses absolutely no hacks or tweaks or anything to run. You'll be perfectly fine during OS updates if you just have this (or pretty much any other homebrew) installed.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    This is just a regular homebrew program that uses absolutely no hacks or tweaks or anything to run. You'll be perfectly fine during OS updates if you just have this (or pretty much any other homebrew) installed.
    Cool.

Another question --- since DrPodder is open-source, are you considering doing that new thing that Palm announced where you can bypass the app store and just get a URL to click to install?
    Cool.

Another question --- since DrPodder is open-source, are you considering doing that new thing that Palm announced where you can bypass the app store and just get a URL to click to install?
    I believe they said that won't be happening until December anyway. It'll probably be faster to just get it in the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thgibbons1 View Post
    Two suggestions:
    1) Navigation buttons: I used to use pTunes. I found a skin that allowed me to move forward or backward in a podcast by increments of 15s, 30s, 1m, 2m or 5m. This is very useful when you think, "What did he just say?" I use the slide bar on drPodder but it's hard to control with precision. Sometimes it just jumps back to the beginning, then I have to find the spot again or re-listen to more than I want to get to that spot.
    2) Bookmarks: ability to mark a spot and go back to it again. Like to have your wife hear something later.
    1) The buttons along the bottom are nav buttons. From left to right:
    -60 seconds, -20 seconds, play/pause, +20 seconds, +60 seconds
    And they also map to the bottom row of keyboard buttons:
    Shift=-60, @/0=-20, Space=play/pause, .=+20, Sym=+60
    Thanks. Shift not working on my Pre but it works to capitalize text in other apps. Other buttons do work great.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thgibbons1 View Post
    Thanks. Shift not working on my Pre but it works to capitalize text in other apps. Other buttons do work great.
    Ah, that's right, they changed the Shift keycode in 1.2. I'll have to get an update for that out at some time.
    hi there! So I have not been fallowing this app at all but have started using it about a week ago I love it. One issue I am having is that sometimes I feel like browing the pod casts while listening to one. But whenever you go to browse window it pauses the currently playing podcast anyway to maybe let it continue playing??
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    This is a fantastic app! I do have a suggestion however, I would like to have the option to disable the autoplay. Since I sometimes just go into the podcast to check out the show notes before I decide which podcast to download for the evening commute, I don't want everyone in the office to hear Leo Laporte's voice saying "netcast you love...." every time :-p

and thanks for staying open source!
    Last edited by cl191; 10/07/2009 at 07:37 AM.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    You can do a tap and hold on the episode and it brings up a menu allowing you to select "Episode Details" which gives you the notes but doesn't start play.
    Wormdood's method works, but I'd like a smoother way to scan through episode details. I find Tap + Hold then pick from the menu to be tedious when I'm trying to scan through multiple episodes' details screens.

I like the auto play. 9 times out of 10, that's the behavior I want when I tap an episode from the list. I'd just like something better for the case where a podcast posts lots of episodes and you have to look at he details to see which are worth listening to.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    I love you, man! This was the ONE app I really wanted! Awesome! And it works!
    I used to download world soccer daily. they changed the show to world football daily. I can no longer find the show in search and the url I enter comes up with an error. I can dowload it via itunes and ipod touch, but i can not get it to work on this program. Thanks
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    thanks but the url is coming up as invalid, I guess I have to keep using stinkin ipod for now.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quincyjjohnson View Post
    thanks but the url is coming up as invalid, I guess I have to keep using stinkin ipod for now.
    Seems to work fine for me, try it again and make sure you use the same CaSe as specified in that URL.

Now that we've page-wrapped:

http://wfdpodcast.com/RSS_feed.xml