View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 48 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152535898 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    webOS broke my streaming over evdo! It just says "connecting" but doesn't connect! When I have wifi it works fine...even if I turn off the wifi while it was playing.

please...please...please...help I actually used my iPod for three days now!
    Streaming from DrPodder is working fine for me after the WebOS update. Are you able to stream over evdo from other apps, like Pandora or AccuRadio?
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    Streaming from DrPodder is working fine for me after the WebOS update. Are you able to stream over evdo from other apps, like Pandora or AccuRadio?
    yes...not drpodder
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    yes...not drpodder
    Did you have any hacks applied that you didn't back out before the 1.2 update?
    Does this problem appear on all of your feeds, or just some of them?
    Could you post the url of 1 feed you're having this problem with, along with an episode title that is causing the problem?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I'm just trying to increase the sample size here, I am still able to stream over EVDO, drPodder v0.4.8 & WebOS 1.2.0

The only tweak I ever did was the mytether service installation.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Did you have any hacks applied that you didn't back out before the 1.2 update?
    Does this problem appear on all of your feeds, or just some of them?
    Could you post the url of 1 feed you're having this problem with, along with an episode title that is causing the problem?
    I uninstalled themes and most homebrew programs and used webos quickinstall to remove all tweaks before updating to 1.2.

I'm going to export that list, uninstall and reinstall...

NB: That worked!!
    Last edited by noaxis2; 10/01/2009 at 01:38 PM. Reason: fixed the problem

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I've seen some weird behavior the last 2 nights...while listening to drPodder on my bluetooth headphones and connected to wifi playing saved podcasts, I was unable to use my internet connection (browser, accuweather, friendsflow, tweed). As soon as I closed drPodder, I could use the internet connection again. No podcasts were being downloaded during this time and I only had drPodder open + the app I was trying to use. I didn't notice this behavior earlier in the day, but wasn't on wifi either.
    This has become one of my faves!!! Thank you so much!
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    This is becoming a must have app for me... But I'm having a little difficulties/questions. 1st, when I try to download it I get an error message saying error downloading (filename) The redirection link could not be found. But I can still tap on the file and it will play. The feed is: The Bible Hour

The second question is can filters be applied anywhere? for example, the feed I subscribe to have both pdf as well as audio feeds and I'd rather not even see the pdf files.

Thanks!
    Last edited by DavidJ; 10/03/2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: spellin erors :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    I found it strange as well that PrePod collected the episodes from the feed correctly and now doesn't. Maybe something changed in the feed itself?
    For those who subscribe to a video feed that isn't formatted correctly so drPodder creates audio files instead, I have a temporary solution until the feed is updated.

Connect your Pre to your computer and just change the extension for all of the files. Unfortunately, drPodder no longer recognizes this file in order to play it. I just use the Video player intead and it works just fine.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    by any chance is there a future update that will allow Video Podcasts to play? so far I love this app but most of my files are or have been video casts that get interpreted as audio. sorry if this question has been asked before.....

thanks for your info.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldAC View Post
    This has become one of my faves!!! Thank you so much!
    I agree this is one of my favs. Now that you have a way to make lists, can you make a video player also. It would be great to make video playlist. I want to watch all my epidode and I haven't seen anyone make a video app.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Question --- any idea when this may migrate to the App Catalog? I just got my Pre today, and literally the ONLY thing I want on it that requires homebrew (besides LED notifications) is a good podcatcher, and this looks better than any I've used on WinMo. I'd prefer not to deal with all the Homebrew installation type stuff if an app catalog version will be available soon. Any idea? Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by trippcook View Post
    Question --- any idea when this may migrate to the App Catalog? I just got my Pre today, and literally the ONLY thing I want on it that requires homebrew (besides LED notifications) is a good podcatcher, and this looks better than any I've used on WinMo. I'd prefer not to deal with all the Homebrew installation type stuff if an app catalog version will be available soon. Any idea? Thanks again!
    Well, the API that makes this possible just became publicly accessible for third-party devs, so I'd give it a few weeks before it gets changed to a real appID and gets submitted and approved and all that.

But even if you don't want to install Preware, webOS Quick Install on the PC to ONLY install this one program would be pretty simple.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Well, the API that makes this possible just became publicly accessible for third-party devs, so I'd give it a few weeks before it gets changed to a real appID and gets submitted and approved and all that.
    There's also a minor (?) bug in the download API that makes keeping track of downloaded files problematic. I.e., trying to delete a download episode in drPodder could, in reality, delete a purchased song from the Amazon MP3 store. That would be non-optimal...

But yes, I'm currently working on getting something into the app catalog, thanks. It will be at least a month before you see anything from me show up there, I'm guessing.
    Sorry, there's nothing that can be done. When drPodder starts up and tries to load the database, WebOS will wipe out the database and recreate it if it finds that it is corrupted. The database corruption issue is a problem with WebOS, and I have worked up an example that illustrates the problem, and Palm has seen it recreated. They are working on a fix.

Forums webOS • View topic - db is corrupt, erasing

I can only suggest a few things that seem to lessen the frequency of the problem:
    - Don't throw away the drPodder card immediately after doing a refresh. Give it a minute (literally, like 60 seconds).
    - Don't throw away the "Updating Feed" notifications while drPodder is updating in the background, unless they have been hanging around for a few minutes.
    - Don't upgrade to a new version while drPodder is running.
    - Email yourself your feeds: App menu->OPML->Export via email. That way, you won't have to type all the url's back in if the db corruption bug hits you.

Sorry!
    I ran into this, and I actually listen to some of the default feeds that come with the app, but it's not loading the episodes I have downloaded in the app. Do I have to re-download them?

Didn't export my OPML. =(
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I ran into this, and I actually listen to some of the default feeds that come with the app, but it's not loading the episodes I have downloaded in the app. Do I have to re-download them?

Didn't export my OPML. =(
    That's correct. I would also suggest that before you download any new episodes, you go into the PrePod directory (when you mount the Pre in USB mode) and delete the directories you see there (everything except the .albumArt directory). There should be one directory for each podcast you listen to, and inside the directory you will find episodes saved.

Since drPodder lost the "handle" for those episodes when webOS corrupted the database, you need to remove the files yourself so that they don't take up a bunch of space on your storage partition.

Again... sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    For those who subscribe to a video feed that isn't formatted correctly so drPodder creates audio files instead, I have a temporary solution until the feed is updated.

Connect your Pre to your computer and just change the extension for all of the files. Unfortunately, drPodder no longer recognizes this file in order to play it. I just use the Video player intead and it works just fine.
    Ah, can you tell us what the extension should be?

From what to what?

There are lots of extensions to choose from.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Can I just say the podcast program added to the official app catalog is complete ****, this one has been and will always be the best podcast program. My wife's pre isn't homebrewed, so she tried it and it's *** compared to Dr. Poddder.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    That's correct. I would also suggest that before you download any new episodes, you go into the PrePod directory (when you mount the Pre in USB mode) and delete the directories you see there (everything except the .albumArt directory). There should be one directory for each podcast you listen to, and inside the directory you will find episodes saved.

Since drPodder lost the "handle" for those episodes when webOS corrupted the database, you need to remove the files yourself so that they don't take up a bunch of space on your storage partition.

Again... sorry!
    Ok, thanks. I'll be sure to make backups in the future.