View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 45 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3540414243444546474849505595 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    null, have you seen this? what are your thought on adding stuff from this app?

it would be great if your app had a list of podcast, but i could see how that would take up way too much time.

but i could see this list with ads.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Ohhh, the option to download when connected to power is a good idea.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    If this has been covered before, I apologize. If not then...

Have you considered allowing the user to tag podcasts so that you could have a folder system to arrange the podcasts in drPodder? A user could add multiple tags that would then allow the podcast to show in multiple folders.

ie.
    Tech Podcasts
    -TWIT
    -Cranky Geeks

Dvorak Podcasts
    -No Agenda
    -Cranky Geeks

Thanks for an awesome app!

KJ
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Hi,

I've had to rebuild my phone a few times over the past few days (bricked my phone which was my fault, tested webos12, then ended up going back to webos11) - in the process I loaded drpodder a handful of times using the drpodder.xml file..

Is there a fast way to delete the default feeds? maybe as part of the import oplm file? (i.e. replace current feeds with feeds from drpodder.xml) it's a bit annoying having to slide/delete the 10 things there..

-mark
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    If I minimize drPodder myself, the counters disable as they should. It's just when an incoming call minimizes the app for me that they continue to run.
    Thanks for this detailed report, I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    null, have you seen this? what are your thought on adding stuff from this app?

it would be great if your app had a list of podcast, but i could see how that would take up way too much time.
    My hope is that I can leave directory development up to other sources, and just use them. There's another one with a nice open api, that will allow users to submit podcasts to it (hopefully, I can add the "submit" functionality into drPodder, so that I can give something back to that directory). I'm looking into getting this directory added in.

I really have no interest in curating a directory myself...

Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Ohhh, the option to download when connected to power is a good idea.
    Agreed, it's on the list. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by keithjjo View Post
    Have you considered allowing the user to tag podcasts so that you could have a folder system to arrange the podcasts in drPodder? A user could add multiple tags that would then allow the podcast to show in multiple folders.
    I had thought about this, until I got the dynamic playlists done. Now, I hardly ever even go into individual feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Is there a fast way to delete the default feeds? maybe as part of the import oplm file? (i.e. replace current feeds with feeds from drpodder.xml) it's a bit annoying having to slide/delete the 10 things there..
    Sure.
    Code:
    sqlite3 /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.drnull.prepod_0/*.db 'delete from feed'
    sqlite3 /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.drnull.prepod_0/*.db 'delete from episode'
    Seriously, though, probably a good suggestion. It would be nice have a "delete all feeds" option or something, I guess, for this case. Or maybe just a prompt on first load to install default feeds, y/n... I've also seen the suggestion that on first load, I present a list of suggested feeds, and you can tap the ones you're interested in. Kinda a mini-directory of sorts.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    btw drNull - After my phone started downloading 200 feeds (I had to delete everything and start over), I realized how important a pause automatic downloads feature is..

-m
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    btw drNull - After my phone started downloading 200 feeds (I had to delete everything and start over), I realized how important a pause automatic downloads feature is..
    Bah, just slap it on the charger, turn on WiFi, and go to sleep.

For a workaround, if you kept the "all" dynamic playlist, you can cancel downloads by tapping the download count spinner on the main feed list page, and then select "Cancel All Downloads" from the popup. A pause downloads would be nice there. Not to mention an entire scene dedicated to downloads, showing episodes to be downloaded, download errors, downloaded episodes, space available, space taken up by drPodder, etc, etc, etc....

The problem is, again, going back to using undocumented api's... I can't pause downloads. I can cancel them, but then I have to start them over. 1.2 can't get here soon enough. Maybe it will have better support for pausing/resuming downloads (I doubt it, frankly - it looks like the downloadmanger that I've been using has just been ported over to the public service bus). I've already started converting the app to take advantage of the 1.2 functionality (and getting out of the com.palm namespace). Anybody out there running 1.2 want to test stuff for me? Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Bah, just slap it on the charger, turn on WiFi, and go to sleep.

For a workaround, if you kept the "all" dynamic playlist, you can cancel downloads by tapping the download count spinner on the main feed list page, and then select "Cancel All Downloads" from the popup. A pause downloads would be nice there. Not to mention an entire scene dedicated to downloads, showing episodes to be downloaded, download errors, downloaded episodes, space available, space taken up by drPodder, etc, etc, etc....

The problem is, again, going back to using undocumented api's... I can't pause downloads. I can cancel them, but then I have to start them over. 1.2 can't get here soon enough. Maybe it will have better support for pausing/resuming downloads (I doubt it, frankly - it looks like the downloadmanger that I've been using has just been ported over to the public service bus). I've already started converting the app to take advantage of the 1.2 functionality (and getting out of the com.palm namespace). Anybody out there running 1.2 want to test stuff for me? Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
    I just deleted the leaked 1.2 from my pre yesterday My EAS (exchange) server would *not* work.. I tried everything.. (works fine in 1.1..)

I actually did take advantage of the All playlist.. I used it to mark all as old after the downloads had started.. what this meant is that drpodder ended up downloading ~50-60 feeds (might have been exagerating w/ the 200 ), but not showing any of them.. (I think it finished downloading then promptly deleted them )
    -mark
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I just deleted the leaked 1.2 from my pre yesterday My EAS (exchange) server would *not* work.. I tried everything.. (works fine in 1.1..)

I actually did take advantage of the All playlist.. I used it to mark all as old after the downloads had started.. what this meant is that drpodder ended up downloading ~50-60 feeds (might have been exagerating w/ the 200 ), but not showing any of them.. (I think it finished downloading then promptly deleted them )
    -mark
    No, they're still there, but if the filter is set to show only new, then you won't see them (since they're marked as old...) Try setting the view filter to "downloaded" or "ALL"
    Just wanted to throw up my support of this app. I never really enjoyed mobile podcasts much before the Palm Pre and drPodder. It's made it quite easy to listen to my shows.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

One suggestion I have is in figuring out a better way to step back and forth through the podcast. I tried to use my index finger to rewind a few minutes but ended up going much further, and then getting back to where i was before took even longer.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrluk View Post
    One suggestion I have is in figuring out a better way to step back and forth through the podcast. I tried to use my index finger to rewind a few minutes but ended up going much further, and then getting back to where i was before took even longer.
    Thanks for the positive feedback!

Try the triple arrows for +/- 60 seconds, and the double arrows for +/- 20 seconds. Because of a slight bug with the WebOS handling of audio files, sometimes you have to hit the arrows multiple times before you hear a difference, but that's the easier way to move around the feed.

Also, the bottom row of buttons on the keyboard map to those buttons on screen, so:
    SHIFT, @ (0), SPACE, . (period), Sym
    map to
    -60 seconds, -20 seconds, play/pause, +20 seconds, +60 seconds
    Hey,

GREAT SOFTWARE!!!

I love it and been listening to SModcast for the past few weeks while driving. The one thing that I noticed is that playback pauses when you get or make a call, but playback does not seem to pause when sprint navigation speaks... I think the difference is that audio is only reduced for sprint navigation (and thus mixed), so it may be hard to detect... is there a way to address this? I like using both at once, but miss too much of the PODcast when using it because of all the navigation announcements...

thanks!
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    No, they're still there, but if the filter is set to show only new, then you won't see them (since they're marked as old...) Try setting the view filter to "downloaded" or "ALL"
    I did; they're not there.. and the prepod directory only has a one ~10mb mp3 in it..
    -m
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bioart View Post
    but playback does not seem to pause when sprint navigation speaks... I think the difference is that audio is only reduced for sprint navigation (and thus mixed), so it may be hard to detect... is there a way to address this?
    Thanks for the feedback!

Sorry, I can't detect when another application is playing the voice-over. They are supposed to use that "sparingly" enough that it is tolerable. I understand that navigation can sometimes be 5-10 seconds, and be very frustrating... Maybe have the keyboard open so you can use the "@ (0)" key to jump back 20 seconds when that happens? (Yes, the 20 second jump sometimes has to be hit multiple times - that's a WebOS problem)
    Thanks for the feedback!

Sorry, I can't detect when another application is playing the voice-over. They are supposed to use that "sparingly" enough that it is tolerable. I understand that navigation can sometimes be 5-10 seconds, and be very frustrating... Maybe have the keyboard open so you can use the "@ (0)" key to jump back 20 seconds when that happens? (Yes, the 20 second jump sometimes has to be hit multiple times - that's a WebOS problem)
    Thanks, hadn't thought about the @ key... that should work well enough!

Art
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Problem! Help!

I don't understand what happened nor why, but today I went to play some of my video podcasts and discovered that all video podcasts and feeds are missing.

Totally missing, the only feeds that are left are the audio versions.

What on earth could have happened to delete just the video feeds alone.

I have not yet had time to connect my Pre to see if the video podcasts themselves are still sitting in the PrePod directory.

I might be lucky, because a few days ago as a backup, I emailed to myself the exported xml file.

I wanted to take a look at it and thought it would be a good idea to send it to myself as a backup.

Hopefully, that will restore my feeds.

Thanks for the help or opinions on how this happened.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Problem! Help!

I don't understand what happened nor why, but today I went to play some of my video podcasts and discovered that all video podcasts and feeds are missing.

Totally missing, the only feeds that are left are the audio versions.

What on earth could have happened to delete just the video feeds alone.

I have not yet had time to connect my Pre to see if the video podcasts themselves are still sitting in the PrePod directory.

I might be lucky, because a few days ago as a backup, I emailed to myself the exported xml file.

I wanted to take a look at it and thought it would be a good idea to send it to myself as a backup.

Hopefully, that will restore my feeds.

Thanks for the help or opinions on how this happened.

Rob
    If you could get the .db file and email it to support@drpodder.com, that would be helpful. The db is in E:\.app-storage\file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.drnull.prepod_0\ (where E:\ is the drive your Pre gets when plugged in via USB)

Try restarting the Pre and see if you are still missing those feeds. I don't know any reason that individual feeds would be missing.
    I do, I just figured it out when I read your reply. I just sent you an email.

I'm too embarrassed to explain it in public! <sheepish grin>

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

drnull,

I'm all back to normal. I used my .xml that I said I made as a backup and used your instructions for importing them back in.

That did the trick, I just ended up with some double entries which I deleted.

It took all of a 3 minutes to get it back to normal.

I'm very very sorry about this.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Drnull - Here's a suggestion.. On the first startup/database creation, how about offering to import the drpodder.xml file if it exists? (in place of loading the default feeds..)
    -m