View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

    360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

    89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

    42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

    39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

    54 9.25%
Page 44 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 2342
Like Tree14Likes
  1. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #861  
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Do you know why it'll work for other readers?
    Hmm, because they infer based on the extension of the file what type of file it is? Funny, I can't imagine how this would have worked in previous version of drPodder/PrePod, I never did any filename based infering...

    Quote Originally Posted by romanmb View Post
    do you plan on ever adding support for nputting a username/password to access an RSS feed? My school makes you log in to listen to any of the recorded lectures and it would be awesome to access them wth this!
    I'm actually working on this right now.
  2. Romanmb's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #862  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    I'm actually working on this right now.
    you're the man
  3. #863  
    I'm actually working on this right now.
    Oh my goodness. We need to get you and the audible people talking. If you can allow security features for password protected files, this may be the answer. I know this is for podcasts, but some of my audible files are actual podcasts.
  4. #864  
    I SOO love this app! I'm a big fan of the Pendant Audio "radio" shows and this app makes downloading the shows a breeze!

    As soon as this is up in the App Store, I'll be sending a contribution.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  5. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #865  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    We need to get you and the audible people talking. If you can allow security features for password protected files, this may be the answer. I know this is for podcasts, but some of my audible files are actual podcasts.
    Sadly, I believe this will require support from Palm, in the form of audio codec support in WebOS. However, I haven't looked into this at all and have no idea how Audible protects its files...

    All I have to do to support authentication feeds (or at least, all I have to do to support the examples I've seen) is to use basic authentication, which just requires I alter the url to include the username and password.

    Who knew so many people wanted support for authorization feeds? Or are you just the vocal minority?
  6. #866  
    Who knew so many people wanted support for authorization feeds? Or are you just the vocal minority?
    Nah, we're just tickled pink that it looks doable. Your app is great w/o all that, but if it can get us to some of our favorite sites and audio, that's a big plus.

    Currently, I'm listening to my audible files in classic so I know the Pre has the ability to listen to the files. Audible is an aa file. That's why I suggested that you and audible connect. I'm sure it's similar to TCMPCP being able to translate all movie and audible files for Palm OS.

    I know you have a lot on your plate already, but this would be over-the-top.
  7. #867  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Currently, I'm listening to my audible files in classic so I know the Pre has the ability to listen to the files. Audible is an aa file.
    No the Pre does not have the ability to listen to Audible files. Classic might however, but it's really the Audible app that is providing the codec that allows it to play on a Classic OS which of course is only an emulator on the Pre.

    No sadly, the Pre does not know how to play Audible files, you need the codec as the developer states.

    That can either be built into the OS or an app can have the codec. It's just who is paying the license fee.

    That is why the Pre cannot play WMA files.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  8. #868  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Hmm, because they infer based on the extension of the file what type of file it is? Funny, I can't imagine how this would have worked in previous version of drPodder/PrePod, I never did any filename based infering...
    I found it strange as well that PrePod collected the episodes from the feed correctly and now doesn't. Maybe something changed in the feed itself?
  9. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #869  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    WebOS 1.1+ required.
    drPodder v0.4.8 (9/16)
    • Just a quick update to add support for Authentication (username/password) of feeds
      If drPodder detects that the feed needs authentication, it will show the username/password fields in the feed edit screen. Otherwise, you need to choose "Authentication" from the "Edit Feed" page.
    FYI, for you folks needing authentication. This was a relatively small change that I got in last night, so I figured I'd go ahead and push it out. The only addition is authentication. (oh, and a background on the details on the feed line to imply that you can tap that area)
  10. sbono13's Avatar
    Posts
    426 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #870  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    FYI, for you folks needing authentication. This was a relatively small change that I got in last night, so I figured I'd go ahead and push it out. The only addition is authentication. (oh, and a background on the details on the feed line to imply that you can tap that area)
    Love the app-- absolutely my most used 3rd party app. Are you still working on bookmarking in video podcasts, or is that simply not doable? It's ironic that the Pre's default video player will bookmark, but not the music player, whereas DrPodder is the opposite .

    Not a major complaint, but I find the new box around the details icons a bit cluttered. If you don't mind a suggestion, could you make a dark grey stripe all the way down the right hand side, flush against the edge of the screen that only covers the details icons and numbers. Essentially the same idea as what you have, but without the extra black border around each box and centered on the icon+number rather than just the number.
  11. Kaif's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #871  
    Love this app, thanks!
  12. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #872  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13 View Post
    Love the app-- absolutely my most used 3rd party app. Are you still working on bookmarking in video podcasts, or is that simply not doable? It's ironic that the Pre's default video player will bookmark, but not the music player, whereas DrPodder is the opposite .
    It's doable, for sure. Honestly, I'm just now getting around to the "things-I-don't-use" list. Proper video integration is on that list - as that would allow bookmarking, auto-deleting, and playlist capabilities for video podcasts.

    And I know the button is kinda blah, I'll try to pretty that up. I've just heard too many people say "OH, you can tap over there?" - so I was trying to make it obvious that it was a "button". Thanks for the feedback!
  13. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #873  
    Can this app get any more perfect? Sweet jesus. Thanks for all the work!
  14. Romanmb's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #874  
    So I tried to use the latest version to access the RSS feed which requires authentication. I got the feed to show up, but none of the audo plays (and there is no where in Edit Feed that suggests I can enter username and password)

    The feed is: http://webservices.umdnj.edu/xrss/xml/rwjm/rwjm_398.xml

    Thanks for any help, and good job on a great product!
  15. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #875  
    Quote Originally Posted by romanmb View Post
    So I tried to use the latest version to access the RSS feed which requires authentication. I got the feed to show up, but none of the audo plays (and there is no where in Edit Feed that suggests I can enter username and password)
    Yeah, it's hidden in there. When editing a feed, go up to the application menu (top left) and choose Authentication from the menu, and the username and password fields will magically appear below the feed url. Then you should be able to stream and download. (Unless your particular feed is a third type of authentication that I need to support...).

    Let me know if it works.
  16. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #876  
    Quote Originally Posted by romanmb View Post
    So I tried to use the latest version to access the RSS feed which requires authentication. I got the feed to show up, but none of the audo plays (and there is no where in Edit Feed that suggests I can enter username and password)

    The feed is: http://webservices.umdnj.edu/xrss/xml/rwjm/rwjm_398.xml

    Thanks for any help, and good job on a great product!
    Er... actually, sorry. This feed is NOT a podcast. Check your Private Messages.
  17. mikemsd's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #877  
    Having an issue, which I don't know if it's been mentioned before. If I have the card open for the app, and have my podcast paused, it seems like when I get off the phone call, it wants to start playing again, without me going back in to hit play again. I'm guessing it's a function of the Pre that pauses and starts music when you are using the phone, but it seems to do it whether or not the "music" was playing at the time of the received phone call. Don't know how easy of a fix this would be, but I'll just start closing the card if I am pausing for long periods as it does keep my place anyways.
  18. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
       #878  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMSD View Post
    Having an issue, which I don't know if it's been mentioned before. If I have the card open for the app, and have my podcast paused, it seems like when I get off the phone call, it wants to start playing again, without me going back in to hit play again. I'm guessing it's a function of the Pre that pauses and starts music when you are using the phone, but it seems to do it whether or not the "music" was playing at the time of the received phone call. Don't know how easy of a fix this would be, but I'll just start closing the card if I am pausing for long periods as it does keep my place anyways.
    Is this with the latest version? I'll look into it. I thought I had gotten rid of those "auto-start" bugs that people were seeing.

    Btw, no need to close the card necessarily, just go back to the episode list.
  19. #879  
    The latest update is exactly what I needed. Now I am able to download ALL of my podcasts. DrNull, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar
  20. #880  
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gben83 View Post
    I have a feature request. Can you add an option in the preferences to disable updating the scrubber, time elapsed and time remaining indicators when the app is minimized? I use the Music (Remix) application as well and according to its developer it conserves system resources and battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Sure, but this won't be a preference. It violates the Palm Design guidelines for the app to update GUI elements through timers while minimized. I thought I had put in code to handle minimize/maximize, but apparently not. Thanks for the bug report!
    I know you fixed this in a subsequent release. I found a quirky case where your fix isn't working though. I'm listening on a BT (not sure if that part matters). A call comes in, playback auto-pauses, I tap answer, the dialer app comes up, have my call, then end the call. At this point the dialer app closes itself, playback auto-resumes and drPodder is running in a minimized card. And the timers are running.

    If I minimize drPodder myself, the counters disable as they should. It's just when an incoming call minimizes the app for me that they continue to run.
    Last edited by muppet_funk; 09/17/2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: reworded for clarity
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions