View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 43 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    To sammyterry: I find that using the keyboard while in the car is much easier than onscreen. The bottom row with the spacebar is mapped to onscreen play controls. So spacebar stops and plays. period skips, etc.
    Last edited by atom00; 09/12/2009 at 10:54 AM.
    Thanks, I did not know that.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    thank you for a terrific program, fulfilling a major gap in the pre.

Would you please add a feature that allows the podcast player to play for 30 minutes and shut off? Many potential users employ this feature on their clock radios to play as they fall alseep.

Currently after I play an episode of a feed, the player goes on to play the next episode or the first from the next feed. How do I get the player to stop after one episode or all the episodes in one feed?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tapanzee View Post
    Would you please add a feature that allows the podcast player to play for 30 minutes and shut off? Many potential users employ this feature on their clock radios to play as they fall alseep.

Currently after I play an episode of a feed, the player goes on to play the next episode or the first from the next feed. How do I get the player to stop after one episode or all the episodes in one feed?
    I'm not that interested in adding an auto-shutoff feature... Clock radios use this feature because you're listening to music, not podcasts... it really doesn't apply to podcasts. I'll put it down a ways on the list, but it probably won't be added soon.

As for automatically playing the next episode? Um, it doesn't. When you click on an episode, it plays ONLY that episode. It only continues to the next episode if you use the "Play from Top/Bottom" choice.
    great app!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    i.e. - for diggnation (and many of my podcasts), i'm grabbing both the video and the audio feeds. I have the video listed as V: feedname, and the audio as just the feedname. The all list shows the feeds back to back and I can't tell which is which without going into it. (since they have the same name..)
    I just tried this again, and it's working fine (for me)... could you check to ensure you have the replacements set up properly? Maybe even post up a screenshot or two? (replacements screen showing replacements, feed screen showing V: replacements, playlist screen showing no V: replacements beside the audio episodes)
    Love this app. Been using it for quite awhile. But lately (last 2 days) i have noticed that i keep dropping from EV to 1x. I usually to a refresh of feeds and then select one and it gets stuck @ connecting which after a few seconds changes the icon to 1x. So far no problems over wifi, but this affected me driving back from vacation yesterday and driving to work this morning.

Now so far if just open up a feed right after it goes back to EV it will work.

Hope its just me or user error and not a bug

Thanks again for the app and keep up the good work.
    I subscribe to a paid podcast, Bill Bennett Round Table - Please login, which requires a username & password to stream, or to obtain the RSS URL, which works fine in Itunes. drPodder says it's an invalid URL. It's lengthy and I've checked it carefully, even changing alpha O's to zeroes, since I can't cut & paste it from the Pre browser. If it occassionally doesn't work in Itunes, I open a browser & login and that seems to open the connection. But I do this very rarely. I have logged in on the Pre but that doesn't seem to help drPodder. Should drPodder support this now?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thgibbons1 View Post
    I subscribe to a paid podcast,... Should drPodder support this now?
    Not yet, but check your Private Messages
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyTerry View Post
    I'd love to be able to reorder playlists and\or have more control of the sort order. I'd like it to default to the same order as the feeds are in instead of pubdate of entry. So I can just hit play from top and let it go.
    I recant this suggestion. I was hung up on having one playlist, all, that would just do everything. Now that I've created two playlists, one for my favorite podcasts and one for filler when I run out of favorites, sorting by pubdate is exactly what a I want. Thanks for the great app.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    A quick search of the thread didn't turn up these websites, so here goes:

1282 Public Radio podcasts: PublicRadioFan.com - Podcast directory

85,000 podcasts (or so they say): Podcast.com is the ultimate podcast collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    If restarting doesn't fix it, I'd appreciate it if we could take this out to Private Message/email/IM so I can try get this problem sorted out (the forum back&forth just doesn't seem to work typically). I don't have a problem with publicly posting about issues, I'm not trying to hide anything. It is just much easier to do troubleshooting directly.

Thanks!
    I am experiencing a similar issue. In my case it hangs with the message: "Creating Database"

I have tried restarting w/o success. Is there a fix for this issue?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikad View Post
    I am experiencing a similar issue. In my case it hangs with the message: "Creating Database"

I have tried restarting w/o success. Is there a fix for this issue?
    If you don't have any feeds you are interested in keeping, you can remove the E:\.app-storage\file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.drnull.prepod_0\ directory (assuming E:\ is the directory that your Pre gets when plugged in via USB to the computer). If you remove this directory, you should probably remove the E:\PrePod directory as well, as drPodder will have lost the references to all the files that it has downloaded.

If you do want to save feeds, PM me and we can try to work on the .db file that is in the above mentioned directory.
    If you're asking for username/password for feeds, that is on the todo list, and will probably be implemented as a drop-down setting on the feed url entry screen (since it's a very rare item to need)

DOH, too slow!

QFT
    RE: PASSWORD SUPPORT
    I too need to be able to enter a user name and password. That capability is perhaps more in demand than you think, drnull. I was disappointed when the Fox News premium podcast would not work with Prepod. In any case -- I love the app and use it every day. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    drPodder v0.4.7 (9/15)
    • Error checking while loading from db, should reduce the "hanging at loading feeds" bug.
    • Episode details not loaded until at player screen, should reduce application start time and memory usage
    • Playback shouldn't resume after error if stream was paused.
    Small update to fix some issues with large feeds and (hopefully) address the issue where playback would start on its own after pausing a stream.

Quote Originally Posted by redroosterfarm View Post
    RE: PASSWORD SUPPORT
    I too need to be able to enter a user name and password. That capability is perhaps more in demand than you think, drnull. I was disappointed when the Fox News premium podcast would not work with Prepod. In any case -- I love the app and use it every day. Thanks!
    Ok, ok... I'll put some time into this and try to make sure it's in the next release. I've gotten enough help from people who have authentication feeds that I think I know all the cases now. In any case, redroosterfarm, check your Private Messages
    I was disappointed when the Fox News premium podcast would not work with Prepod
    Fox News has premium content? Who knew? They oughta air it on their television network once in a while.

Before anyone hits that reply button and turns this into a political debate, I'M JUST KIDDING. Just a little joke. Relax.
    Last edited by muppet_funk; 09/15/2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Edit: fixed spellin
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    I'm not sure why but PrePod downloaded the video podcasts correctly, yet drPodder downloads MP3 files instead. I have reset my phone and used the OPML file to restore mt feeds. Can you look into this to see what may be happening differently? I'm sorry I can't give you an exact time for when this change apparently took place.

IN THE LIFE (Full Episodes)

This url works on Rhythmbox under Linux.

I'm not having trouble with CNET video podcasts.
    Last edited by cajunlibra; 09/15/2009 at 02:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    I'm not sure why but PrePod downloaded the video podcasts correctly, yet drPodder downloads MP3 files instead. I have reset my phone and used the OPML file to restore mt feeds. Can you look into this to see what may be happening differently? I'm sorry I can't give you an exact time for when this change apparently took place.
    The "type" for the enclosure isn't specified. That makes it difficult for me to know whether to play it in the audio player or in the video player. I default to audio if no type is specified.

I've contacted the podcast owner and asked them to specify "video/m4v" or something like that as the enclosure type.
    Thank you.

Do you know why it'll work for other readers?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    do you plan on ever adding support for nputting a username/password to access an RSS feed? My school makes you log in to listen to any of the recorded lectures and it would be awesome to access them wth this!