View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 42 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Love the new smart filters, but wish there was a way to narrow it down via video vs. audio..

Also, it's not respecting the title change..

i.e. - for diggnation (and many of my podcasts), i'm grabbing both the video and the audio feeds. I have the video listed as V: feedname, and the audio as just the feedname. The all list shows the feeds back to back and I can't tell which is which without going into it. (since they have the same name..)

-mark
    edit - btw - i'm referring to the 'all' feed. Obviously I can go in and select just the feeds I want.. but...
    Last edited by diomark; 09/10/2009 at 05:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Im so excited to try this. And I don't get riled up about much. I'm hoping to get rid of my ipod touch if this is what it looks like. This is awesome. You smart guys kick ***!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Not sure if this is controllable, and it's not really a big deal... In 0.4.5, accidentally added the wrong feed from a search, and tried tossing it off the side to delete it, while it was in the process of refreshing. It got stuck half off the side of the screen. When refreshing finished, it slid back to on screen and I could then delete it.
    Thanks for the report. I probably should terminate the automatic save after the feed update if you have delete the feed. Thanks for the detailed bug report.

Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Love the new smart filters, but wish there was a way to narrow it down via video vs. audio..

Also, it's not respecting the title change..

i.e. - for diggnation (and many of my podcasts), i'm grabbing both the video and the audio feeds. I have the video listed as V: feedname, and the audio as just the feedname. The all list shows the feeds back to back and I can't tell which is which without going into it. (since they have the same name..)

-mark
    edit - btw - i'm referring to the 'all' feed. Obviously I can go in and select just the feeds I want.. but...
    My thought on this is that you could just have an audio and a video podcast? However, the episode titles should be being replaced based on the feed replacement settings. I'll look into this.
    Holy cow! I just downloaded the new update!

All I can say is wow!

It just keeps on getting better!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    0.4.5 is looking pretty good, and I should know - DrPodder is by far the app I use the most on my Pre besides my Quick Launch Bar inhabitants (Calendar, Messaging, E-Mail, & Web). This app is fantastic, and can we take the new logo to imply that you may be "graduating" to the App Catalog soon?

Couple of suggestions - I'm guessing the playlist feature is probably still in its infancy, but if you could add the ability to playlist by different criteria, i.e. list only unplayed podcasts from the chosen feeds, or list only video podcasts, or list all episodes longer than a half hour. That would be great, and make that feature pretty much the equivalent of iTunes Smart Playlists/ Zune Autoplaylists, which are awesome.

Also, the podcast directory search is sorta iffy (mainly because the directory being used is kinda blah). Would you possibly be able to implement a WebKit view so that one could surf to the website of the podcast you want, and then you could tell when the user has selected an RSS link and automatically pull that into DrPodder? Not terribly elegant, but a bit easier than opening a Web card in the background and surfing to the RSS page and copying/pasting the URL from there. Just a possible suggestion, and I know you're working on implementing more podcast directories to search.

Thanks for all the great work! Again, you have one of the most useful apps on this or any platform, and I can't imagine using my Pre without it
    I dunno what to search for so sorry if this was addressed but... If I could pause playback via the notification area, that'd really help. If not, thx for listening.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    west3man, I think what you're referring to are called 'dashboard controls'. Don't blame you for not finding it in the thread. It's getting tough to find anything here. I do happen to remember this being requested by others many pages back though and drnull saying it was on the list.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I upgraded yesterday to 0.4.5, but every time I start the app it gets stuck in 'loading episodes'. I've restarted my Pre and also tried removing and re-installing the app, but still the same result. Any advice?

Thanks
    -J
    Palm III --> PalmVx + Omnisky --> Samsung i730 --> Treo 650 --> Samsung i760 --> AT&T Tilt --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I had the exact same issue as jerich007. When I installed with preware it just would be stuck at 'loading episodes'. I then restarted the pre, removed it, reinstalled it, same thing. I tried it again and installed via filecoaster, and it worked. However it didn't keep any of my old subscriptions and had all the demo ones. I have since tried to add mine back, and all work except for one: Dan Barreiro - KFAN AM 1130. This feed worked with the older version. If I pull up the link in Firefox, it takes awhile and then says, "Warning: Unresponsive Script" with a message about a script being busy. I have to click stop and then the feed shows up fine. Other links from the same station still work for example Common Man - KFAN AM 1130, but they don't have the script error in firefox either. Can you look into fixing this? Or how do I get the old version, the one that doesn't work is the one I use by far the most.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tublecane View Post
    I had the exact same issue as jerich007. When I installed with preware it just would be stuck at 'loading episodes'. I then restarted the pre, removed it, reinstalled it, same thing. I tried it again and installed via filecoaster, and it worked. However it didn't keep any of my old subscriptions and had all the demo ones.
    Thanks, that worked for me... just have to re-add all my subs again.
    Palm III --> PalmVx + Omnisky --> Samsung i730 --> Treo 650 --> Samsung i760 --> AT&T Tilt --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    drnull, have you looked into the issue of podcasts starting to play by themselves or been able to reproduce the issue? I gave some ideas on how to reproduce a few pages back.
    Same issue here. I had to uninstall and reinstall drPodder. When I got it back up and running I had lost all my feeds. But luckily, I had exported my playlist thru OPML to my desktop. I was able to retreive most of my feeds, except for ones that I'd added since doing the export. I would HIGHLY recommend everyone export their playlists as a backup.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    so we should not use preware to install or everyone just needs to uninstall the old version then install the new version using the installer of their choice?

And we should all export our playlists!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    drnull, have you looked into the issue of podcasts starting to play by themselves or been able to reproduce the issue? I gave some ideas on how to reproduce a few pages back.
    I've seen it happen once, when streaming, I paused, then later it started playing. I believe it's because I auto-start playback after an error occurs, so if the connection is lost, the stream will resume. I'll have to put in a check to not do that if paused or just not resume period on error.

Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    so we should not use preware to install or everyone just needs to uninstall the old version then install the new version using the installer of their choice?
    And we should all export our playlists!
    There should be no difference in any of the installation methods. The problem that a few people are seeing is related to really large feeds, I believe. (500+ episode feeds). Sorry I've been out of touch today, had business travel. I'll try to look into the problem this weekend and see if there is something I can do to patch up the large feed issue.

As for uninstalling, the Pre keeps the database when you uninstall, so the only way to *truly* start over is to remove the .db file from /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.drnull.prepod_0/ (or, in USB mode, E:\.app-storage\file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.drnull.prepod_0)

My guess is that by trying different installation methods, the db was corrupted, which forces the Pre to remove the db, and give you a fresh start.

For anybody who is having a "Stuck at Loading feeds/episodes" problem, please, if you can save that .db file before you delete it, send me a PM and I'll try to work with you to see why it's hanging there...
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    so...once I uninstall (for the third time), I should send a copy of that file to you...should I then delete it or leave it there?

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    uninstalled with preware...installed with quickinstall...no luck
    uninstalled with orange button...installed with filecoaster...worked!!!

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    exactly where does the opml file go? there is no internal media anything on the usb drive.

Thanks!

ed: figured it out!!!
    Last edited by noaxis2; 09/11/2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: fixed it!

nevermind
    Last edited by Evil_Kerek; 09/12/2009 at 07:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    For anybody who is having trouble with v0.4.5, I will work this weekend to try to fix the problem. Until then, you can email yourself this link for v0.4.3 in the subject line (email from the computer, TO an address that you get on your Pre). Then go to reply to the message (on the Pre), and you can then copy the link out of the subject line. Paste that into the fileCoaster download by url area to download v0.4.3. As long as you have removed the .db from v0.4.5, you should be good to go.
    http://gitorious.org/webos-applicati..._0.4.3_all.ipk

If you PM me, I'll give you my email address and you can then send me .db file and your opml feed file or a list of feeds that you've added, the more details, the better, it will help me track down this problem.

Again, very sorry! I'll do better testing with large feeds in the future. I've known large feeds caused a speed/memory problem, so I haven't touched them much. Now they're causing a stability problem, so I have to address it.
    I'll echo so many other posts before me by saying this app rocks. I was using a Zune before this because of the wifi downloading and i didn't have to dock the Zune to get new content but this app blows that out of the water. Anybody want to buy a 8gb Zune?

I'm sure some of these have been suggested before but I'll add my 2 cent wish list.

I'd love to be able to reorder playlists and\or have more control of the sort order. I'd like it to default to the same order as the feeds are in instead of pubdate of entry. So I can just hit play from top and let it go.

I'd also love more options for play, pause and skip. I listen in the car and find the small buttons difficult to use one handed without looking at the screen. They aren't always in the same place if notifications come in and are just awkward to use at the bottom of the screen with one hand, I think moving them to the top beneath the scrubber would be better for usability. Even better would be ways to control it with the accelerometer. Maybe a shake to pause\play and some kind of tilt move for skipping.