View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Got it, I had no idea the depot would run out of space so soon! I'll try setting it to ext:, but that only gets us up to 5mb. I may have to rework all the db logic to actually use SQL and access the db directly.

I'm not sure I can get this in today... maybe have to wait until Monday. Sorry!

Would in theory be faster anyways using sql3

-m
    This is very cool! Too bad I don't have an actual Pre & sound doesn't work on the Emulator. Slick app nonetheless
    FYI, this is a great site to find podcasts and they load great with this app:

Talk Radio Podcast - Blog Talk Radio
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I am trying to paste in a podcast link in the add podcast screen but when i bring up the menu it closes the add podcast xml feed window so I can't paste it. Is there anyway else to do it, its an espn podcast that is quite long.
    thank you sir!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is a great application! Thanks so much for this one. I only have two criticisms: scrolling on the first page is pretty slow--too many icons in the list? And I think you should have kept the White Horse Inn in the prepopulated list!! I had to add it right back.

Well done!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this is a known issue or not, but all of my custom feeds were deleted on closing and reopening the app. On trying it a second time, I added the Radio Leo feed (all of TWITS programs) and this week in science. (using: This Week in Science - The Kickass Science Podcast) both loaded up fine, and were interactive. On closing and reopening, Radio Leo remained, but TWIS was deleted.

On reading the other person having a similar issue, it seems like anything placed below TWIS will get deleted. So there's definitely a problem with that feed. I tried adding .xml to the feed (which will load the page correctly in a browser), and have the same problem.
    Last edited by Khidr; 07/24/2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: more testing.
    Sweet!
    Using this right now to listen to the latest precast! Good deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    I am trying to paste in a podcast link in the add podcast screen but when i bring up the menu it closes the add podcast xml feed window so I can't paste it. Is there anyway else to do it, its an espn podcast that is quite long.
    Instead of using the menu to paste, use <touch>+V (where <touch> means hold your finger on the gesture area so that the center button lights up -- I don't really know what to call that gesture). That's how I got all of my feeds in there.
    thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update drnull. Infowars works now.
    Very nice app!
    This app is ****ING AWESOME!!!!
    Great job man!
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Great app! Was hoping for something like this and was using netvibes in the meantime (not bad either, actually).

What I really would love to see in an app like this is a playlist type functionality. You would add a handful of podcasts to the playlist, then hit play and *if you haven't heard the latest one already* from each podcast, it would play them in succession.

Would make my morning commute super awesome - word of the day, NPR news minute, etc.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    @drnull, thank you thank you thank you. put up a donations link. i know i'll donate. in the three weeks i've had my pre i've gone through setting up bashpoder in the linux shell as a cron job, using itunes, netvibes, podnova, bookmarking podcast feeds/blogs and finally yesterday enabled syncing to gPodder. however all of them feel a distant second to being able to so the entire podcast operation (donwload/store/play/delete) completely un-attached to 'the mother PC'. needless to say i am very grateful for this app and will be downloading it and playing with it very soon.

PS as you found out Last-Modified and ETag header in server responses are optional and are usually sent only for statically delivered (as opposed to dynamically generated content). if you bother to save those values when you get them you may use them in subsequent requests to server (If-Modified-Since and/or If-none-Match) and have the server tell you if the locally cached info is still the latest and greatest. regards, /mauro
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    FYI, this is a great site to find podcasts and they load great with this app:

Talk Radio Podcast - Blog Talk Radio
    Thanks for the website. I found some pretty good casts on there.
    This is a great app! if you go to podcasts.com you can get some great xml or rss links to add and as long as they are audio only they will work w/the pre. I hope video capabilities are in the near future! Oh and on the ones you add...I found that you had to click the download option...and then play (you pros may be going "duh???"). Again, great app!
    Question: I'm not familiar with the whole iPod phenomenon and have never used a "podcast." However, I listen to Lex and Terry on a regular basis...I know they have a podcast...how do I get it? Thanks.
    Thanks very nice app just what I have been waiting for.