View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 39 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940414243444989 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pakiplayer421 View Post
    Hey, I have had prepod for a while, but never got around using it a lot because the Initial Stations were all about tech.

I dont know much about Podcasts, let alone listen to them, so I dont know any good podCasts. So I was Hoping you guys could recommend me some Interesting shows/podcasts. I just like general talk or even news. I like howard Stern. I just want some other stations added besides the techie ones that it comes with.
    For the voice of reason check out Mike McConnell at WLW. He is nationally syndicated on the weekends and local during the week. Politics are not the major topic. www.700wlw.com/podcasts/mike_mcconnell.xml
    Visor->650->Pre
    I also commend you on this fine application. I may have missed this, but can I start the next podcast automatically after the previous one is finished?
    Visor->650->Pre
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc642 View Post
    is it possible to add an option to change the playback rate of the podcasts? I don't mind everyone sounding like chipmunks if i can keep up with my feeds.
    There is a setting on the HTML5 audio object for playback speed, but WebOS doesn't seem to support it. There's also a service on the web through which you can subscribe to a feed, and it will speed up the audio files for you. The latter isn't handled very well by drPodder. Support for increased playback rate isn't there at this time, but it's on the list as something I'd like to support.

Quote Originally Posted by drugstorecowboy View Post
    I may have missed this, but can I start the next podcast automatically after the previous one is finished?
    If you tap the feed title, you'll get a choice to play from oldest/newest (oldest/newest here is defined as "bottom-of-the-list"/"top-of-the-list"). This will continue playback at the next episode after one finishes.
    What I would like to see is a view all podcast options. This would list all of the currently downloaded podcasts, then you can select Play from Newest or Play from Oldest. This should also be separated by video and audio.

Thanks, love this app.

Ken
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krwren View Post
    What I would like to see is a view all podcast options. This would list all of the currently downloaded podcasts, then you can select Play from Newest or Play from Oldest. This should also be separated by video and audio.
    This is coming, in the form of dynamic playlists with view filters. Hopefully soon. I know I keep saying "sometime this week"... but, sometime this week.
    You've mentioned that having drPodder turn the WiFi radio on and off to correspond with the auto download schedule is on the to do list. Have you considered making that a location aware feature? As in, only jump on the WiFi when I'm at home and fully trust the network that I'd be automatically connecting to?

Admittedly, I haven't really thought this all the way through. The scenario that brought it to mind is that when I'm at home, I want new eps to download over WiFi, but when I'm on the road, I may want them to d/l over EVDO. It's pretty easy to manage that by just manually changing the settings when I travel, but it'd be all the cooler if it was automated.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Any chance of video podcast support coming? I don't even know if it's possible but this would make it fully replace my ipod touch.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Any chance of video podcast support coming? I don't even know if it's possible but this would make it fully replace my ipod touch.
    Basic video podcast support is there already. No bookmarking/auto-delete after finished/or play from newest/oldest. But you can put a video podcast url in and stream or download the episodes.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    If I pause a podcast and turn off my phone, the podcast will start playing a minute or two later on its own.

It's led to a few embarrassing moment where I'll get out of my car and run into a meeting and then after a minute you hear Kevin Rose from my pocket talking about balls or something.

Great app though - I've been enjoying it much and watching the improvements.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    If I pause a podcast and turn off my phone, the podcast will start playing a minute or two later on its own.

It's led to a few embarrassing moment where I'll get out of my car and run into a meeting and then after a minute you hear Kevin Rose from my pocket talking about balls or something.

Great app though - I've been enjoying it much and watching the improvements.
    It's done that to me once. It took me a few minutes to realize the sound was coming from my pocket.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post

Hahaha, made my day, thanks.

This happens when you are streaming, I assume? Now when playing a downloaded podcast?

And you said it as though it does it every time?
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Basic video podcast support is there already. No bookmarking/auto-delete after finished/or play from newest/oldest. But you can put a video podcast url in and stream or download the episodes.
    Oh I guess the feed of Diggnation that Podcast Directory had was the audio then. It doesn't specify. Sorry about that then.
    fyi, in the past i have downloaded several rev3 podcast. i get the small quicktime files.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Totally unrelated, Drnull I didn't realize you were in Charlottesville; I just moved here and my wife and I both work in the UVA medical center, she's an M.D. and I work administrative in the GME office, I'm using your app here right now. Small world!
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    Totally unrelated, Drnull I didn't realize you were in Charlottesville; I just moved here and my wife and I both work in the UVA medical center, she's an M.D. and I work administrative in the GME office, I'm using your app here right now. Small world!
    Huh, no kidding! So I know somebody else in cville with a Pre. Excellent. There's another guy I know from a previous job who works just up the road from me, and he uses drPodder as well... not sure I've ever seen him poke his head into the thread though. Hmm, wonder if I saw either of you when I came in for my bike accident about 2.5 months ago....
    Huh, no kidding! So I know somebody else in cville with a Pre. Excellent. There's another guy I know from a previous job who works just up the road from me, and he uses drPodder as well... not sure I've ever seen him poke his head into the thread though. Hmm, wonder if I saw either of you when I came in for my bike accident about 2.5 months ago....
    Could be, my wife is a new intern in the ED, but I work in the back offices in administration. We both have pres if you ever need one to test something on.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    This app ROCKS!!!! Maybe I am just a little strange. But this is the single best app on my pre and I have tried a lot of them . This better than anything in the official app catalog as well. I will be donating soon. Thank you so much for this app. This one app makes the entire palm pre experience for me.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirberk View Post
    This app ROCKS!!!! Maybe I am just a little strange. But this is the single best app on my pre and I have tried a lot of them . This better than anything in the official app catalog as well. I will be donating soon. Thank you so much for this app. This one app makes the entire palm pre experience for me.
    Ditto! I didn't think anything short of an iPod Touch with 64 GB would be able to take the place of my fifth gen iPod. This app is what allows an 8 GB device work for me! Since it streams, I don't have to decide which podcasts to keep in order to save space.

Keep up the good work!
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    So I got the link for Podtrapper's podcast directory. I doubt you have any desire to hijack someone's database but if anyone else is just looking for a nice collection of feeds to look through here you go:

PodTrapper Browsing

It'll be a lot more useful when 1.2 comes out and I can just copy and paste the feed links from the browser.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Hahaha, made my day, thanks.

This happens when you are streaming, I assume? Now when playing a downloaded podcast?

And you said it as though it does it every time?
    I have not noticed if it does it only with streaming or with both streaming and downloaded. I think the issue might be with how playback is stopped. Usually I will just pull the headphones out and throw my phone in my pocket. This stops playback fine, it just comes back.

Just to be safe, I've gotten in the habit of hitting pause and then going back to the podcast index.