View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 37 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZATZAi View Post
    One feature I'd love to see though is for DrPodder to set the genre of all downloaded Podcasts to "Podcast" or let us choose on an episode by episode basis.
    Sorry, but I don't think the capability exists to change the genre of an mp3 on through the WebOS API. I would suggest contacting podcast owners, and letting them know about the problem.

However, I am planning dynamic playlist support, which will, I believe, provide you everything that you had in music player.
    just in case you all havent seen it, there was a tip about video tip on the main pre section.

you can FF and RW a couple of seconds by swiping left or right.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Hey Doc,

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the "Play from Oldest" feature, actually plays from the last podcast in the feed. Unfortunately, some podcast feeds force them to be listed as Old first. Is there anyway that you can change this feature to actually look at the date of the podcast episode?

Thanks so much for getting it working to let us listen to multiple ones at once.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the button on the earpiece works to pause and play the tracks. The phone can be asleep for pause but must be woken up to play again. I just noticed this yesterday. This app totally rocks. I use it daily.
    I can control the music Palm music player from my cars steering wheel via bluetooth.
    Just out of curiousity, are you finding that there are steering wheel controls that work in the built in player but do not work in DrPodder's player?
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Not strictly about PrePod, but we've discussed it so I guess it's okay. I wrote NPR:

re: rss podcast not working

Hello, Some podcasts work perfectly on my Palm Pre's rss podcast reader (PrePod): Fresh Air, Planet Money, Science Friday, Marketplace and On the Media. Morning Edition, Talk of the Nation and both the weekday and both weekend All Things Considered do not.

The problem appears to be the rss feeds are not pointing to the media containers properly. Since the rss link points to a web page instead of the audio, there is no way for the rss aggregator to pick them up.

The fact that some NPR podcasts work and others don't makes me think something is going on with how you publish your feeds. I also have read that NPR links have been going through some updating so I thought I'd alert you to the problem.

Thanks.

The response:

Thank you for contacting NPR.

We regret that you experienced an error while on NPR.org. We are aware of the problem described, and we are actively researching a solution to fix the issue.If we become aware of a fix that users must execute we will post that information on our help page at http://help.npr.org.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we appreciate your patience while work to correct the problem.

Thank you for listening, and for your continued support of public broadcasting. For the latest news and information, visit NPR.org

Sincerely,

Kristen
    NPR Services
    202-513-3232
    NPR : National Public Radio : News & Analysis, World, US, Music & Arts : NPR
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the button on the earpiece works to pause and play the tracks. The phone can be asleep for pause but must be woken up to play again. I just noticed this yesterday. This app totally rocks. I use it daily.
    Instead of waking the phone to resume, you can just double-click the earphones button.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    Just out of curiousity, are you finding that there are steering wheel controls that work in the built in player but do not work in DrPodder's player?
    I haven't tried it with DrPodder yet, I'll give it a shot though. My car has Microsoft Sync so you can for example speak a command to the car like 'Play Genre Podcast' without having to reach for the device.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I haven't tried it with DrPodder yet, I'll give it a shot though. My car has Microsoft Sync so you can for example speak a command to the car like 'Play Genre Podcast' without having to reach for the device.
    Oh that's definitely not going to work.

That being said, if anybody wants to donate a car with Microsoft Sync type controls for testing, I will definitely put some time into this feature.
    Last edited by drnull; 08/29/2009 at 08:55 PM.
    What I find odd is Car Talk from NIPR downloads steams flawlessly on my Pocket Tunes and has never had a problem, but for the life of me I can't get it on PrePod. It's my favorite podcast so I'm a little frustrated and bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    Not strictly about PrePod, but we've discussed it so I guess it's okay. I wrote NPR:

re: rss podcast not working

Hello, Some podcasts work perfectly on my Palm Pre's rss podcast reader (PrePod): Fresh Air, Planet Money, Science Friday, Marketplace and On the Media. Morning Edition, Talk of the Nation and both the weekday and both weekend All Things Considered do not.

The problem appears to be the rss feeds are not pointing to the media containers properly. Since the rss link points to a web page instead of the audio, there is no way for the rss aggregator to pick them up.

The fact that some NPR podcasts work and others don't makes me think something is going on with how you publish your feeds. I also have read that NPR links have been going through some updating so I thought I'd alert you to the problem.

Thanks.

The response:

Thank you for contacting NPR.

We regret that you experienced an error while on NPR.org. We are aware of the problem described, and we are actively researching a solution to fix the issue.If we become aware of a fix that users must execute we will post that information on our help page at http://help.npr.org.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we appreciate your patience while work to correct the problem.

Thank you for listening, and for your continued support of public broadcasting. For the latest news and information, visit NPR.org

Sincerely,

Kristen
    NPR Services
    202-513-3232
    NPR : National Public Radio : News & Analysis, World, US, Music & Arts : NPR
    I finally got Car Talk working. This is a fantastic app and has great support from the developer!
    I just left this comment on the download page, but really felt I should say this here too, so here goes....

Ok, I loved my Pre before this app, but deep down was still wishing I had an iPhone. Reason being, I felt one BIG feature that the Pre was lacking to the iPhone was the way it handled podcasts. For me, this was a big deal.

I say was because after downloading this app to go with my new Pre, I have ZERO desire for an iPhone. In my opinion the way that this app allows the Pre to handle and play podcasts blows the iPhone away!!!

I now totally believe, hands down, the Palm Pre is far superior to the iPhone and for me, drPodder/PrePod is what tipped the scale!

IT'S DEFINITELY A MUST HAVE!!!

Thank You SOOOOOO Much For This App!
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Hey, I have had prepod for a while, but never got around using it a lot because the Initial Stations were all about tech.

I dont know much about Podcasts, let alone listen to them, so I dont know any good podCasts. So I was Hoping you guys could recommend me some Interesting shows/podcasts. I just like general talk or even news. I like howard Stern. I just want some other stations added besides the techie ones that it comes with.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Install iTunes, go to the iTunes Store, then Podcasts. These are the top 15 right now..

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Thanks for the Screen shot......

I just did a search on web for HOw stuff works and had to type in the URL manually in my pre. Prepod Could not search it. Any tips on quicker ways of adding? lol takes forever to type the url.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pakiplayer421 View Post
    Thanks for the Screen shot......

I just did a search on web for HOw stuff works and had to type in the URL manually in my pre. Prepod Could not search it. Any tips on quicker ways of adding? lol takes forever to type the url.
    email yourself the links, then open them in the browser/ copy/paste them into prepod.
    -m
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    Question about the navigation buttons on the keypad (arrow, @, space, ., and Sym). If the screen goes out while the keypad is open, then the first push of any of those keys turns the screen back on instead doing what the key is mapped to (like pausing w/ the space bar). The second press of the key then performs the function.

My guess is this is a WebOS feature... regardless of app, if screen is off, then first key press will always turn the screen back on and second keystroke will be passed to the active app.

Is that true, or is it a drPodder bug?

Not sure if there's any real need to be able to pause w/o turning the screen back on first. Just wondering if it's possible.
    With keypad presses, this is WebOS. It happens everywhere, WebOS even does this when the screen auto-dims before turning off.

BT commands are not affected by this though.
    Quote Originally Posted by pakiplayer421 View Post
    I was Hoping you guys could recommend me some Interesting shows/podcasts. I just like general talk or even news. I like howard Stern. I just want some other stations added besides the techie ones that it comes with.
    There is a thread going over here --> http://forums.precentral.net/general...der-feeds.html where some drPodder users have listed out their subscriptions. You might find some interesting titles in those lists.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I just installed this and added on of my favorite local sports channels to download the podcasts from. I noticed that it plays each one individually and then stops. I would like to listen to this on my bike ride home, but don't have the ability to have my phone handy (it's in my pack). Is there any way to set it up to automatically play the next unlistened to podcast in the que?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaihawk View Post
    I just installed this and added on of my favorite local sports channels to download the podcasts from. I noticed that it plays each one individually and then stops. I would like to listen to this on my bike ride home, but don't have the ability to have my phone handy (it's in my pack). Is there any way to set it up to automatically play the next unlistened to podcast in the que?
    From the app's main page, click a feed.
    On the Feed's page, click the Feed title at the top. You get 2 options - "Play from oldest" or "Play from Newest".
    They will play continually. Great for short podcasts.
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    I have a feature request. Can you add an option in the preferences to disable updating the scrubber, time elapsed and time remaining indicators when the app is minimized? I use the Music (Remix) application as well and according to its developer it conserves system resources and battery life.