View Poll Results: Did you purchase drPodder in the App Catalog? (Answers are private)

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I use the catalog version now!

360 61.64%
  • Yes! But just to contribute; I'm still using the homebrew version.

89 15.24%
  • No. There are no paid apps in my country yet!

42 7.19%
  • No. Why would I purchase something I can get for free?

39 6.68%
  • No. Some other reason...

54 9.25%
Page 35 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    I keep getting this error message, with this link. Destiny Church The files play fine but just wondering why this link comes up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Did you consider changing the name to...

"Harry Podder" ???
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I keep getting this error message, with this link. Destiny Church The files play fine but just wondering why this link comes up.
    There are some podcasts that use a certain type of redirection for their enclosures. This type of redirection causes problems for WebOS's file download service. Hopefully, when Palm releases the next maintenance release (which will provide 3rd party support for downloading), this bug will be fixed.

In other words... I can't do anything about this currently. Sorry!
    I added a video podcast channel. Works fine but the vpodcasts do not remember where they left off. Is this something fixable for video ones?
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by FragU View Post
    Did you consider changing the name to...

"Harry Podder" ???
    Wow. Did you create an account just to post that?
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I added a video podcast channel. Works fine but the vpodcasts do not remember where they left off. Is this something fixable for video ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Correct, until video podcasts are truly incorporated, the following features won't work with video podcasts: bookmarking, resuming, delete when finished, and as you pointed out, "play from" functionality. (hmm, did I miss any?)
    Doesn't work for video right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Doesn't work for video right now.
    I knew that.. No no really I did.. I was just testing you guys.... You passed....
    ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Ok, so PrePod would not delete podcasts, so I downloaded the new version. Same problem. I drag the old podcasts to the right. Then the "delete" option comes up. I hit the "delete" key. Then the podcast disappears for about a second but then reappears! How do I get rid of these *?%%$! old (2007) podcasts? The only thing worse than the email function that requires all emails to be deleted one-by-one twice is a program that does not allow any deletion!
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maitre View Post
    Ok, so PrePod would not delete podcasts, so I downloaded the new version. Same problem. I drag the old podcasts to the right. Then the "delete" option comes up. I hit the "delete" key. Then the podcast disappears for about a second but then reappears! How do I get rid of these *?%%$! old (2007) podcasts? The only thing worse than the email function that requires all emails to be deleted one-by-one twice is a program that does not allow any deletion!
    You can go back and follow this part of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    The feed is deleted the name stays. Remember, that it (drpodder) goes out and gets the RSS feed list everything you do an update.

So it gets the name of that particular episode, but if you notice it's grayed out.

And a nice thing is that you have the opportunity to download the file if you make a mistake or want to listen to it again for some reason.

Rob

Maybe someone else can better describe what I said in trying to answer this guys question?
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    Wow. Did you create an account just to post that?
    This coming from a guy with the oh-so-original "Calvin pissing" avatar? You realize Bill Watterson quit drawing that comic because he was sick of seeing his work get co-opted like that?

Obsessive Compulsive: Calvin Pees
    Didn't mean it as a criticism. Apologies if it came across that way. To the contrary, I love a good pun. I just found it amusing that that's what they went with as their very first post. It gave me this cartoonish image in my mind of someone sitting there reading through the forum, having the pun occur to them, and getting so excited about it that they decided they had to sign up for an account just to share it. I don't really think that's what happened. And even if it was, I wouldn't care. It just struck me as funny.

I'll be sure and pm you with my next avatar to make sure it meets your standards. **** on Apple seemed a reasonable statement for a Pre forum though.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Actually, Muppet_funk, I've been on for awhile and just never posted. I have given quite a bit of help to Marcus (the creator of a similar application "PodTrapper" on the Blackberry platform), and am pretty burnt out from making suggestions. Beside this, there are quite a few excellent suggestions already that will push this application very far along... once the fearless leader incorporates them into the software.

On a possibly helpful note (not to ruin my sterling reputation) when loading Dr. Podder over the older version the primary WebOS icon did not change to reflect the new name.

I'll try to be more cerebral in the future - it just struck me strange that the name Dr. Podder would be selected, and the obvious pun couldn't be repressed.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    They continue to show up down there forever. Other than taking up a little bit more memory, this shouldn't be a problem, right? I guess one way it would be a problem is if you were starting at the top and listening down through the episodes, then it would kinda be a pain to scroll down to the last one you were listening to.

Just wondering why you are wanting them to go away. You're not the only one who has said that, but I haven't heard a good argument for purging them out yet.
    Doesn't hurt to have a filter though (hide old podcasts..)

Personally I don't mind seeing them, but...
    -m
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FragU View Post
    On a possibly helpful note (not to ruin my sterling reputation) when loading Dr. Podder over the older version the primary WebOS icon did not change to reflect the new name.

I'll try to be more cerebral in the future - it just struck me strange that the name Dr. Podder would be selected, and the obvious pun couldn't be repressed.
    • PrePod is now drPodder. ...
      The name will still show up as PrePod in the Launcher and the Application Menu until a reboot.
    Strike #2. Just picking, of course. Welcome aboard! And yes, the Harry Podder reference did cross my mind. I keep saying that drPodder will grow on you, just give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Doesn't hurt to have a filter though (hide old podcasts..)
    That's very true. I would end up with lots of "blank" episode list screens though. Plus, as long as we have the annoying bug where the Pre cuts off audio files before they're actually finished playing, there would be the case where you'd want to jump back into an episode to try to catch those last 15 seconds, but you can't because now that episode is hidden from the list.

I guess what would be really slick would be to have old episodes "collapse" into divisions, kinda like the email app. You could have "new" episodes at the top, and they would default to being all visible. Then, after the new episodes, you'd have an "Old Episodes" division, which would default to being closed, and you could open it to see all the old episodes. The swipe to delete would seem more natural that way too, as the episode would actually disappear from the new list.

Stink, I think I just made more work for myself.
    I guess what would be really slick would be to have old episodes "collapse" into divisions, kinda like the email app. You could have "new" episodes at the top, and they would default to being all visible. Then, after the new episodes, you'd have an "Old Episodes" division, which would default to being closed, and you could open it to see all the old episodes. The swipe to delete would seem more natural that way too, as the episode would actually disappear from the new list.
    I like where you're going with that, but would it work if we... hmmm, what would be the word... "olded" items out of order?

I'm assuming you mean "old" as in what was previously called "read" as opposed to old meaning posted more than x days ago. If that's the case, then it's possible to have an old episode sandwiched between two new episodes. Or a new episode sandwiched between two old episodes. Maybe for those cases, you could accordian old episodes the way the day view in the calendar accordians free time?

(btw, FragU, again, sorry if I offended in any way. Really just meant it as a harmless little quip. Love the moniker.)
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    I'm assuming you mean "old" as in what was previously called "read" as opposed to old meaning posted more than x days ago. If that's the case, then it's possible to have an old episode sandwiched between two new episodes. Or a new episode sandwiched between two old episodes. Maybe for those cases, you could accordian old episodes the way the day view in the calendar accordians free time?
    I was thinking that all Old items would get thrown down into the Old section. They would be technically out of order this way, but I think that would be ok. The Old items would all be in order, and the New items would all be in order. I'm not sure having a bunch of accordian'ed Old sections would be useful. But I don't know, I'm open to input, and until I give it a try, I'm not even sure I'll like it (or how possible it might be...)
    ah, I see. Well yeah, if you can pull that off, that'd be pretty sweet.
    Love the new version with the splash screen and the title on top of the episode list. The FF and RW buttons usually don't work for me. Even with an episode that I downloaded in full, I tried fast forwarding a little and every time I tapped the button to go ahead either 10 or 60 seconds it would reflect in the timer but the track just kept playing straight from the beginning.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willxcore View Post
    Love the new version with the splash screen and the title on top of the episode list. The FF and RW buttons usually don't work for me. Even with an episode that I downloaded in full, I tried fast forwarding a little and every time I tapped the button to go ahead either 10 or 60 seconds it would reflect in the timer but the track just kept playing straight from the beginning.
    It's been a while since this has been discussed, but it's a problem with the WebOS audio player controls. There are only certain offsets within an audio file that WebOS will seek to.

This is an oversimplification, but let's say that WebOS will only seek to the 1% intervals of an audio file. If the file is 100 minutes long, then trying to seek +20 seconds will not actually change the playing location, until you've hit it 2 or 3 times.

I believe the problem is based on %, and not on exact offsets because this problem seems to occur more often with longer podcasts.

You will see similar problems in the built-in music player. I hope Palm is on top of this and will fix it in the upcoming maintenance release.
    drnull,

I guess you can submit feedback to them via Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA as they claim to read all comments or twitter them.

I do have one small feature request to make. Is it possible to make it so that certain feeds will auto download and others on demand? For example, I want to automatically download all episodes of Palmcast etc but not necessarily of engadget. Thanks.
    Mobile photoblog http://post.jauderho.com/